Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450417 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:50:10 PM

To defend ourselves we should have allowance to carry weapon.
I don't say I'm not humanist or anything other. I say carrying weapon may be really needed sometimes.

A compete ban on the possession of all types of fire-arms by the civilians can be enforced, in case the government succeeds in bringing down the crime rate to zero. If they are unable to do it, then there is no point in persecuting the ordinary citizens, who just want to defend themselves from the violent criminals, who indulge in home invasions and burglaries.

Sure there is a point, and it is the central point - increasing and maintaining control over the ordinary citizen.   It never did and does not have anything to do with relations between guns and crime, or the prevention of crime.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:57:53 PM

Video: Gun Control: Only The Mentally Ill commit Mass Murders? They could be right

"They are right, Mentally Ill people do commit mass murder! Do not let yourself become a victim of the Mentally Ill!"
CryptInvest
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:07:35 AM

Everyone should be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. For this purpose it is necessary to allow free carrying of weapons to those citizens who are recognized as adequate.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:22:25 AM

Everyone should be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. For this purpose it is necessary to allow free carrying of weapons to those citizens who are recognized as adequate.
I wish it was possible in Europe... At least in my country, it's really hard to even have a 9mm pistol. It's not even legal to own old weapons like WW2 Mosin-Nagant :/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 12:23:27 AM

Recognized by whom?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:25:30 AM

I wish it was possible in Europe... At least in my country, it's really hard to even have a 9mm pistol. It's not even legal to own old weapons like WW2 Mosin-Nagant :/

Can you or are you allowed to get 22LR pistols or rifles?

Just curious.

They seem to be my personal favorite, although of course not considered true defense weapons.
kydranel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:34:21 AM

Why contorl a gun when you can control a person to not control the gun against human violations. Its us who needs discipline but off course words are not enough. But if this goes on and on, it might lead to different ways. But i approve this. Guns should not be obtained easily. and the government should do a thing on illegal fire arms.

CryptoTotal.com    ¯\__/     Crypto MegaStore      ✓ Worldwide Shipping
──────────────    °  °    ────────────────────── ──── ─── ── ─
CamerasHeadphonesTabletsVideo GamesToysCollectiblesMoviesFragrancesHealthBeauty
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:04:27 AM

Can you or are you allowed to get 22LR pistols or rifles?

Just curious.

They seem to be my personal favorite, although of course not considered true defense weapons.

22LR rifles are allowed for trainings and hunting, but in order to be a hunter, you have to have lots of money and passion for drinking after every hunt. About .22 pistols - honestly, I have no idea.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:20:30 PM

22LR rifles are allowed for trainings and hunting, but in order to be a hunter, you have to have lots of money and passion for drinking after every hunt. About .22 pistols - honestly, I have no idea.

That's news to me.  I hunt because I and my friends and family like the meat which is not infused with whatever they are putting into factory-farmed animals and I can help the Fish and Wildlife people achieve the ecological balance that they would like for the herds in the area.  I have enough land to get elk tags automatically though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:40:13 PM

That's news to me.  I hunt because I and my friends and family like the meat which is not infused with whatever they are putting into factory-farmed animals and I can help the Fish and Wildlife people achieve the ecological balance that they would like for the herds in the area.  I have enough land to get elk tags automatically though.

22 ain't gonna work for that, unless you want to go tracking.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:06:49 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 10:23:39 PM by BADecker

That's news to me.  I hunt because I and my friends and family like the meat which is not infused with whatever they are putting into factory-farmed animals and I can help the Fish and Wildlife people achieve the ecological balance that they would like for the herds in the area.  I have enough land to get elk tags automatically though.

Get one of those .22 drum fed automatics that shoots over 2000 rounds a minute. You can carve a lot of things up with it.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:28:46 AM

That's news to me.  I hunt because I and my friends and family like the meat which is not infused with whatever they are putting into factory-farmed animals and I can help the Fish and Wildlife people achieve the ecological balance that they would like for the herds in the area.  I have enough land to get elk tags automatically though.

Get one of those .22 drum fed automatics that shoots over 2000 rounds a minute. You can carve a lot of things up with it.

Smiley

That would still most likely just piss off an elk and make it uncomfortable with a bunch of small lead lumps under it's hide.  I've got a 300 win mag for these animals.  If I need to take them from my newly prepared area I could probably do so with a 12 ga slug due to the topography, but I would like to make this be an area where they feel safe and comfortable.  I checked yesterday and there is cropped grass and elk droppings so it is working.  This winter I'll prepare some more area as pasture for this purpose.  I hope to fill both of my tags from the ridge in a different part of my property, and do the shooting from the valley floor.  That's what the win mag is good for.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:32:23 PM

Gun's don't cause violence. If violent people want to go crazy and kill people, they'll find ways to do it with or without guns.
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Gun's don't cause violence. If violent people want to go crazy and kill people, they'll find ways to do it with or without guns.
It's when crazy people who are not stable get ahold of guns. There needs to be tighter controls on who is able to carry. Better screening, interview process, psychological profile?
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 09:09:06 PM

It's when crazy people who are not stable get ahold of guns. There needs to be tighter controls on who is able to carry. Better screening, interview process, psychological profile?

Which would not control all who are able to carry or get a hold of guns.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:44:10 PM

Smiley

That would still most likely just piss off an elk and make it uncomfortable with a bunch of small lead lumps under it's hide.  I've got a 300 win mag for these animals.  If I need to take them from my newly prepared area I could probably do so with a 12 ga slug due to the topography, but I would like to make this be an area where they feel safe and comfortable.  I checked yesterday and there is cropped grass and elk droppings so it is working.  This winter I'll prepare some more area as pasture for this purpose.  I hope to fill both of my tags from the ridge in a different part of my property, and do the shooting from the valley floor.  That's what the win mag is good for.

Yep, you got all that right.  And you don't want to go on a half hour hunt for that bleeding animal, and then haul the carcass back.  Question - are you of the opinion the 223 is no good for this?  What distance, anyway?

Oh, regarding the 2000 rpm suggestion.  Nope, you'd get exactly one shot at that elk.  See, that little sting makes him move.
Kozlov

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:46:41 PM

Gunpowder was a Pandora's Box. I saw my nephews eyes light up when he saw his first fireworks, and I also saw him get very scared and nearly cry when they got louder and scarier.

Gunpowder hasn't helped us, it's holding us hostage -along with nuclear weapons. We are prisoners of our own aggression. In 2015, everyone probably wants a gun but nobody needs one. Gladly my country has a more sane view on gun ownership, but that hasn't stopped maniacs doing maniacal things.

Knives and blunt objects are dangerous too!

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 12:11:30 AM

Gunpowder was a Pandora's Box. I saw my nephews eyes light up when he saw his first fireworks, and I also saw him get very scared and nearly cry when they got louder and scarier.

Gunpowder hasn't helped us, it's holding us hostage -along with nuclear weapons. We are prisoners of our own aggression. In 2015, everyone probably wants a gun but nobody needs one. Gladly my country has a more sane view on gun ownership, but that hasn't stopped maniacs doing maniacal things.

Knives and blunt objects are dangerous too!

Great, survival of the fittest, where some animals are more equal than others, with violent criminals with knives (blades) and blunt objects, plus all the guns they can afford at all times, while only victims are rendered defenseless, "sanely", by "gun control".

Putting indiscriminate nukes, fireworks/bombs, and discriminate bearable arms within googolplex light years of one another, fail.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:23:02 AM

Smiley

That would still most likely just piss off an elk and make it uncomfortable with a bunch of small lead lumps under it's hide.  I've got a 300 win mag for these animals.  If I need to take them from my newly prepared area I could probably do so with a 12 ga slug due to the topography, but I would like to make this be an area where they feel safe and comfortable.  I checked yesterday and there is cropped grass and elk droppings so it is working.  This winter I'll prepare some more area as pasture for this purpose.  I hope to fill both of my tags from the ridge in a different part of my property, and do the shooting from the valley floor.  That's what the win mag is good for.

Yep, you got all that right.  And you don't want to go on a half hour hunt for that bleeding animal, and then haul the carcass back.  Question - are you of the opinion the 223 is no good for this?  What distance, anyway?

Oh, regarding the 2000 rpm suggestion.  Nope, you'd get exactly one shot at that elk.  See, that little sting makes him move.

I sure would not try with a .223 unless I were very desperate and starving.  I don't pretend to be an expert, but given the size of these animals I think you would be dependent on having enough luck to hit an artery or some similar vulnerable spot.  I suspect that a lung shot would kill it, but it would die 10 miles away and you would only find it by following the vultures a few days later.

You make a very good point about getting one shot at an elk though again, I'm hardly a professional.  I do have some experience with a .223 from my days in the military (though I've never been shot of course) and also experience with the densely foliage in my area as well as the behavior and capabilities of the creatures.

It is interesting that the the Federal box of 300 win-mag shells claims that they are suitable for small game like deer and not larger game like elk, and certainly not for dangerous game.  I suspect that they are err'ing on the side of caution.  The ballistics indicate that I should be able to take most shots available in my area.  Lots and lots of elk around here have fallen to 30-06 which is inferior to 300 wm in most respects.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:37:25 AM

Smiley

That would still most likely just piss off an elk and make it uncomfortable with a bunch of small lead lumps under it's hide.  I've got a 300 win mag for these animals.  If I need to take them from my newly prepared area I could probably do so with a 12 ga slug due to the topography, but I would like to make this be an area where they feel safe and comfortable.  I checked yesterday and there is cropped grass and elk droppings so it is working.  This winter I'll prepare some more area as pasture for this purpose.  I hope to fill both of my tags from the ridge in a different part of my property, and do the shooting from the valley floor.  That's what the win mag is good for.

Yep, you got all that right.  And you don't want to go on a half hour hunt for that bleeding animal, and then haul the carcass back.  Question - are you of the opinion the 223 is no good for this?  What distance, anyway?

Oh, regarding the 2000 rpm suggestion.  Nope, you'd get exactly one shot at that elk.  See, that little sting makes him move.

I sure would not try with a .223 unless I were very desperate and starving.  I don't pretend to be an expert, but given the size of these animals I think you would be dependent on having enough luck to hit an artery or some similar vulnerable spot.  I suspect that a lung shot would kill it, but it would die 10 miles away and you would only find it by following the vultures a few days later.

You make a very good point about getting one shot at an elk though again, I'm hardly a professional.  I do have some experience with a .223 from my days in the military (though I've never been shot of course) and also experience with the densely foliage in my area as well as the behavior and capabilities of the creatures.

It is interesting that the the Federal box of 300 win-mag shells claims that they are suitable for small game like deer and not larger game like elk, and certainly not for dangerous game.  I suspect that they are err'ing on the side of caution.  The ballistics indicate that I should be able to take most shots available in my area.  Lots and lots of elk around here have fallen to 30-06 which is inferior to 300 wm in most respects.

OKay, I just read a full ballistics report on the 300.  Yep, that is pretty darn impressive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: