Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard)  (Read 961402 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:53:46 PM

I sent out a tweet to support this project:
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/641478187575152640

Feel free to retweet or like it. It will make it popular enough that it will show up in my followers feeds.

Looks good. Let's get a big community right from the beginning and make this stronger than Ethereum.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:17:41 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 06:28:08 PM by CryptoClub

90% of the "premine" is owned by the community, and will be stored in a democratic DAO.. again.. ran by the community. They are the communities funds, and the community will vote on how they are spent.

There ain't no such thing as communities fund. This is cryptocurrency, not credit union.

There is now. As it will be controlled with smart contracts the community literally controls it. For example, someone wants to make some DAPP and be paid for it in EXP, or someone wants to add on something of value to Expanse, that would be up to the community to vote for it to happen (be paid for) or not. Let's say the community wants changes to the design, again, up to the community. Not just with words, but with contracts.

As we can assist with marketing, people might also be able to make a DAPP and get paid for it, and get free marketing in addition. Since that would be mutually beneficial to holders of Expanse.

Please elaborate how this voting would look like. I guess I might find an answer in ethereum docs, but I want to understand it ASAP as it sounds really interesting.

Smart contracts would control the release of funds for 90% of the reserve. The Expanse Organization would vote on the use of all of these funds released slowly over time. The team gets a 1/3 vote, Holders (not the team) gets a 1/3 vote counted per EXP held, and the Advisor Board nominated and voted in by the team and the holders gets a 1/3 vote. Dan and Franko will go into more detail about the contracts later, but it will be code that prevents just the team using this a certain way, or just the holders, or just the advisor board. It would take 2 out of 3 sections to pass. Anyone can suggest an idea to be voted on, even those not holding Expanse.

defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:31:45 PM

One idea will be to create a way for expanse pull request to be merged by vote too. The sky is the limit with smart contracts.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:33:23 PM

Testnet Launch on 9/10/2015
you can specify the time?
will there be support CPU mining for a pool and solo?
will there be support for Windows?

Ethash uses dagger, which supports cpu and gpu, though gpu would be better.

Testnet is already up, but the official launch is tomorrow. We probably wont have windows for testnet unless someone wants to take some time to compile it.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:38:04 PM

Testnet Launch on 9/10/2015
you can specify the time?
will there be support CPU mining for a pool and solo?
will there be support for Windows?

Ethash uses dagger, which supports cpu and gpu, though gpu would be better.

Testnet is already up, but the official launch is tomorrow. We probably wont have windows for testnet unless someone wants to take some time to compile it.

Franko is looking into compiling it for windows for the Test Launch as well, just spoke with him.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:38:56 PM

Real cool project! I'm in. I would like to give my contribute as well!

Will I be able to mine it, run a node or manage a pool or something like that?
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:39:33 PM

Holders (not the team) gets a 1/3 vote counted per EXP held, and the Advisor Board nominated and voted in by the team and the holders gets a 1/3 vote.

Is it possible to distinguish between core team premined coins (10% of reserve) and mined coins?

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:47:19 PM

Holders (not the team) gets a 1/3 vote counted per EXP held, and the Advisor Board nominated and voted in by the team and the holders gets a 1/3 vote.

Is it possible to distinguish between core team premined coins (10% of reserve) and mined coins?

I believe by address, yes, but Dan Conway should have more information explaining exactly how that works later. Obviously anyone could buy Expanse and vote with their expanse, but the initial reserve for the team will be publicly available with addresses. We will definitely be holding most and only selling small amounts as needed. The design is such that we believe we can increase the value over time for traders and miners, and of course for the team.

altcoinex

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:50:31 PM

Yes, they can easily be determined by their origin, but the reality of such is trivial: dev coins could be sold to an exchange and new coins bought... In that case regular users have dev coins and devs have normal ones, the end result adding complication without much value.

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:53:26 PM

If you have a GPU that can mine Ethereum you will be able to mine Expanse. As for managing a pool that would be like normal, there will be pools that others provide I am sure, and if you could set one up that would be welcome.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:11:19 PM

If you have a GPU that can mine Ethereum you will be able to mine Expanse. As for managing a pool that would be like normal, there will be pools that others provide I am sure, and if you could set one up that would be welcome.

Yes, I have some GPUs and I'm willing to mine it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my GPUs to mine ether :\

do you have any tutorial for windows?
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:16:13 PM

Yes, I have some GPUs and I'm willing to mine it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my GPUs to mine ether :\

do you have any tutorial for windows?

We will have instructions soon and a test launch, so you should be able to test everything in advance ahead of the main launch Sunday night. The Test Launch will be tomorrow.

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 07:52:42 PM

I believe by address, yes, but Dan Conway should have more information explaining exactly how that works later. Obviously anyone could buy Expanse and vote with their expanse, but the initial reserve for the team will be publicly available with addresses. We will definitely be holding most and only selling small amounts as needed. The design is such that we believe we can increase the value over time for traders and miners, and of course for the team.
Well those funds will cover initial development costs at launch so I guess they will not frozen anyhow. It means that for many many months whole reserve will be FULLY controlled by core team.
If you want a community fund, release (hardcoded block reward & recipient) those funds a year (or even more) after genesis. Otherwise it will be 90%+ premine like many others. I have removed math from this post to do not create a FUD, however, current model looks really bad.

CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

Remove the 11 million premine, and reduce it to a grand total of 1 million, all but 5% of that 1 million locked up in smart contracts that must be voted on by the community to unlock each portion of when the dates arrive. Set your greed aside and practice what you have preached for so long. Or keep it as is and be dead on arrival. Who would be dumb enough to place a buy order with over 3 months worth of coin hanging over the market...Get real.

MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:01:46 PM

Common, of course you can trust the team! The main dev is the hero behind the super successful and widely used Franko that was totally not a pump and dump... http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/franko/

Oh wait.. "Maybe" it's a total retard idea to think that a bunch of script kiddies should be trusted with 11 million coins as a 'community fund'...just MAYBE!

But then again, if you take a 100% copy-paste coin seriously, maybe you have bigger issues. Though seriously, this one is dead pre-launch even as a pump and dump with that premine.
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:12:53 PM

Well those funds will cover initial development costs at launch so I guess they will not frozen anyhow. It means that for many many months whole reserve will be FULLY controlled by core team.
If you want a community fund, release (hardcoded block reward & recipient) those funds a year (or even more) after genesis. Otherwise it will be 90%+ premine like many others. I have removed math from this post to do not create a FUD, however, current model looks really bad.

As for the reserve, 90% will be locked and released slowly over time no matter what, and this will be controlled by the Expanse Organization as a whole, not just the team. The time frame for this could be one year, five years, or whatever the community thinks is best. I personally think one year isn't long enough as it is likely funds will be spent as available on bounties and this could create an issue a year down the line, even if it is a year away. Although it is possible POS or something else might be implemented later, or perhaps voluntary mining percentage going to the community fund later. This would be up to the Expanse Organization as a whole. I personally prefer keeping it proof of work as many might not find out about this until years later, and I would like them to be able to mine it even then, but that is just my own view.

We are certainly open to suggestions on what time frame the community funds should be dispersed over, and it is critical that the community has control of them as laid out in the Organization plans. That is the point of smart contracts and having everything transparent.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:24:43 PM

Common, of course you can trust the team! The main dev is the hero behind the super successful and widely used Franko that was totally not a pump and dump... http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/franko/

Oh wait.. "Maybe" it's a total retard idea to think that a bunch of script kiddies should be trusted with 11 million coins as a 'community fund'...just MAYBE!

But then again, if you take a 100% copy-paste coin seriously, maybe you have bigger issues. Though seriously, this one is dead pre-launch even as a pump and dump with that premine.

FRK? A pump n dump m8? You must be new here.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#franko

Christopher Franko is one of the most trusted people in this community.

https://www.bitrated.com/defaced

trollhardernub

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:25:58 PM

No moderated thread, no ICO, and we are using the reserve to have some funding for development and for the DAO. We are not having a ninja launch, no instamine, and that is actually more unfair in many cases. In fact we are having a test launch to make this fair for people that are not pro miners, with instructions and everything available in advance. You are free not to mine if you don't like it, and you are free to be critical and speak your mind here. I think we will prove the value of this over time however.

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 09:40:18 PM

As for the reserve, 90% will be locked and released slowly over time no matter what, and this will be controlled by the Expanse Organization as a whole, not just the team. The time frame for this could be one year, five years, or whatever the community thinks is best. I personally think one year isn't long enough as it is likely funds will be spent as available on bounties and this could create an issue a year down the line, even if it is a year away. Although it is possible POS or something else might be implemented later, or perhaps voluntary mining percentage going to the community fund later. This would be up to the Expanse Organization as a whole. I personally prefer keeping it proof of work as many might not find out about this until years later, and I would like them to be able to mine it even then, but that is just my own view.

We are certainly open to suggestions on what time frame the community funds should be dispersed over, and it is critical that the community has control of them as laid out in the Organization plans. That is the point of smart contracts and having everything transparent.

Just remove it. Let core team take premine they want and that's all. You can't guarantee that reserve will be community reserve so it will be considered as more or less hidden premine.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:41:01 PM

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: