Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965823 times)
Gurev
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

Hello, everyone!

Yesterday I received my Trezor wallet, and I have a few questions (tried to google answers, but with no luck Sad )

1) If my Trezor wallet is broken, can I get access to my BTC/ETH wallets using a 24-word passphrase without buying a new Trezor wallet?
2) The same question on "password manager". Can I have an access to my passwords using only the 24-word passphrase or I'll need to wait until the delivery of the new Trezor wallet.

Thanks!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:50:05 PM

Hello, everyone!

Yesterday I received my Trezor wallet, and I have a few questions (tried to google answers, but with no luck Sad )

1) If my Trezor wallet is broken, can I get access to my BTC/ETH wallets using a 24-word passphrase without buying a new Trezor wallet?
2) The same question on "password manager". Can I have an access to my passwords using only the 24-word passphrase or I'll need to wait until the delivery of the new Trezor wallet.

Thanks!

For security most people who use Trezor keep a spare around in case of loss or malfunction. That way you can recover your seed on the new device and be up again in 15 minutes. Any work arounds using your seed in other wallets compromises your security not recommended. Get a spare!

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:26:31 PM

Hello, everyone!

Thanks!

You don't have to have two. You can easily recover your wallet from seed with electrum desktop client
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 04:50:24 PM

Hello, everyone!

Thanks!

You don't have to have two. You can easily recover your wallet from seed with electrum desktop client

Recovering your seed to Electrum desktop client or Mycelium on Android exposes your seed. You could do it in an emergency but you would then have to buy a new Trezor, initialize it and send bitcoin from Electrum or Mycelium to the new Trezor with the new seed. Exposing your seed defeats the reason you use a hardware wallet in the first place.

sportscliche

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:40:04 PM

If you are in a hurry, you can safely do this without waiting for another Trezor.  Setup a new Linux partition on the hard disk of a PC, install Electrum, and enter your recovery phrase.  Yes, this exposes you to potential keylogger malware, but having this happen on a fresh Linux install without root permission is as close to impossible as I can imagine.  And installing Ubuntu or Mint has become a very simple process, probably easier than Windows.
Gurev
Copper Member

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:57:27 PM

Thank you! Will get a spare.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 07:38:12 AM

TREZOR finally for sale!

TREZOR The Bitcoin Safe is ultimately secure
and easy to use hardware bitcoin wallet.

TREZOR FAQ

Original post:

Hello all!

Today we'd like to announce a project I and stick have been working on for the last couple of weeks. We decided that we want to keep the development open since the beginning.

We are creating a hardware bitcoin wallet, basically a device that is a secure place to store private keys to your bitcoin addresses. Because all transactions are signed in the device itself, the keys never leave the device and thus cannot be stolen by a virus, malicious code or an attacker.

We believe that this project is very improtant for the bitcoin world, because it gives the ability to use the highest possible security measures, which were only available for geeks until now, for all bitcoin users, even the non-technical savvy ones.

There will be two versions of the wallet available:
1) A shield for Raspberry Pi (for DIY hackers)
2) Custom hardware based solution (for common consumers)

Both versions will be open-source (both hardware and software!) and will provide the same functionality, like for example:

* Deterministic BIP 0032 compatible wallet algorithm (=unlimited count of addresses)
* No need for periodic backups, writing down the seed to paper during the device initialization will be enough forever
* Unlimited count of inputs and outputs in transaction (transaction streaming API)
* Plug & Play - no driver installation on a desktop computer required
* Unauthorized physical access to wallet protected by PIN
* Optionally wallet will require one-time-passwords for important actions

Custom hardware version will have these extra features:

* Impossibility to obtain private keys from the device in a case of theft
* Impossibility to re-flash the device with malicious code
* Possibility to do paper-backup of private keys only once during wallet initialization
* iPod Shuffle sized aluminium case for durability and robustness
* Variety of colors to tell the wallets apart by simply looking at them

We believe that we have enough knowledge and experience to succesfully finalize this product. Stick is a hacker and he has been involved in development for quite some time. He's also one of the founders of Brmlab hackerspace, which you may know from Prague Bitcoin conference 2011. We've already done arrangements with a hardware manufacturer who has confirmed that he's able to deliver casings for our custom solution.

Sneak peek preview of our hardware:

wow only just came across this post but great to see the beginning set up and prototypes for trezor. the best in hardware wallets. good the see they have been helping crypto investors sleep soundly since 2012!

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 05:36:20 PM

Trezors did not ship until 2014. Webstore was open for sales August that year and pre-orders shipped a few months earlier. Back in 2012 we used Armory with two computers for cold storage.

Gurev
Copper Member

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:41:54 PM

I might consider buying one soon or should I wait for trezor 2.

Trezor 2 will be released in the end of 2017, so as for me - it is a lot of time to wait.
xbach

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

Another milestone is here: SegWit accounts for Bitcoin in TREZOR Beta Wallet!

Production wallet soon-ish?  Wink

https://blog.trezor.io/rolling-out-trezor-wallet-segwit-segregated-witness-5700269debc5
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 10:59:27 AM

Should I change my Trezor wallet address after claiming my Bitcoin Cash and sending to an exchange?

Any risk at all not changing the address?

o0Julia0o

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:58:23 PM

Should I change my Trezor wallet address after claiming my Bitcoin Cash
why do you think so? If you should do so, the trezor-team would have told it over here i think: https://blog.trezor.io/claim-bcash-bitcoin-cash-bch-bcc-trezor-wallet-f0a810d5864a
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:47:37 PM

Hi guys. I have a question, if I lose trezor, then how can I restore access? is it enough to know 24 words?

█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:25:06 AM

Hi guys. I have a question, if I lose trezor, then how can I restore access? is it enough to know 24 words?

Most who use a Trezor keep a spare on hand. All it takes is ten minutes using advanced recovery to restore your 24 word seed to the new Trezor. Make sure to upgrade the firmware first if your spare has been in a box for awhile. More information is in the owner manual.

silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:35:45 AM

Most who use a Trezor keep a spare on hand. All it takes is ten minutes using advanced recovery to restore your 24 word seed to the new Trezor. Make sure to upgrade the firmware first if your spare has been in a box for awhile. More information is in the owner manual.

then there is another one you need to buy will ... I thought I could just get quick access knowing 24 words without a trezor.

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 04:54:49 PM

then there is another one you need to buy will ... I thought I could just get quick access knowing 24 words without a trezor.

You can restore your seed to Mycelium on your phone but that is for emergency use only as it exposes your seed. ASAP you should get a new Trezor and move coins back. This is all in the user manual. Does not anyone read instructions anymore:)

webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:38:44 PM

Looks good. A lot of work is waiting for you. I wish you good luck.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 05:00:23 AM

About to lose my shit trying to update the firmware on my Trezor. Must have spent over an hour trying to hold the buttons at the perfect time while plugging it in.

Surely there is an easier way to do this?

EDIT - Finally got it. This video actually helped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpLsNMhEx4

Holding down the buttons and plugging in the USB plug to the computer and not the plug to the device seemed to do the trick.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 11:50:25 AM

About to lose my shit trying to update the firmware on my Trezor. Must have spent over an hour trying to hold the buttons at the perfect time while plugging it in.

Surely there is an easier way to do this?

EDIT - Finally got it. This video actually helped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpLsNMhEx4

Holding down the buttons and plugging in the USB plug to the computer and not the plug to the device seemed to do the trick.
Yes, I find that holding down the two buttons with the thumb of one hand while plugging in the cable to the computer with the other hand is not too bad with a little practice.  Just finished updating all my Trezors to the latest firmware.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:58:17 PM

I might consider buying one soon or should I wait for trezor 2.

Trezor 2 will be released in the end of 2017, so as for me - it is a lot of time to wait.

Do you know predicted  price for "trezor 2"

Is there any chance that trezor 1 will be on SALE and trezor 2 goes  for the same price as his older brother?

Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: