Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
StrictlyBusiness

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:50:00 AM

I apologize for sounding rude, I would just like to know what's goig on, this is a great service in the past and my problems have always been fixed fast. So with that being said again I didn't want to come off rude, Thanks.
Please fill me in when you get a chance.
dookiedue

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:51:03 AM

Hi Ursay,

I just got back from 3 unsuccessful attempts to complete my transaction at CVS (used bitinstant CVS to bitcoin email). My order amount is for $100 and my zipzap fee is $3.95.

Basically what happened all three times is I would get to the counter, the total would come up as $100 dollars instead of $103.95, the person at the register would attempt to go through with it anyway, and then it would return "invalid transaction" or something like that.

I then went back to the moneygram phone, did the process over again, and explained to the person on the phone what was happening. The last time I did it, the person on the phone claimed it was because I was trying to send it to a person instead of a business, which I knew wasn't right because I remember confirming that I was sending money to zipzap.

I'm going to try again tomorrow at a Walmart instead of CVS, but how can I make sure that it works this time? Why wouldn't the transaction fee show up, even when I explain to the people on the phone what's happening?

This exact thing happened with me at a CVS. The person at the counter is entering in $100 as the amount when they need to enter $103.95 for it to be accepted. I had to go back and forth with the lady as she told me she normally just enters the bill amount, and then the additional fee gets added on. She was confused as to why it didn't add the fee the first time and just charged me the amount with out the fee ($100). After ringing me up we got the same invalid transaction error. The second time I convinced her to put the amount with the fee ($103.95) and the order went through. I promptly received an email from ZipZap confirming my payment. Of course what happens after that is anybody's guess as I still haven't received any bitcoins from BitInstant, or any responses to my direct questions, emails or phone calls.

Weird, the lady at CVS didn't even have the option to enter the amount, she was telling me that it just shows up on screen and then the customer confirms it and pays. If it happens again tomorrow when I try Walmart, should I ask the cashier to enter the right amount if it displays $100 again? Or do you think that's why you don't have your bitcoins yet?

With me the lady told me she didn't enter the amount (she did) when I was questioning why the ZipZap fee was not included. I directly asked her if she put in the amount and she said no. I was worried because I didn't want to do anything to mess up the order. When it didn't go through the first time I again inquired about the amount the second time and if she directly keyed the amount in. The second time she said yes and that she would try the amount with the fee. This was after arguing with me for a few minutes as when other people come in she just enters a bill amount and when she rings it up a fee is added. I think with ZipZap she should enter the amount including a fee as when she did this for me the order went through. ZipZap promptly emailed me with a conformation of receiving funds. As to why I have not received my bitcoins, well I have no idea. Maybe the way it was keyed in at CVS could have something to do with it. No one at BitInstant has given me a reason as to why my funds have not been received. You can read through this thread though and it doesn't look like I am the only one waiting. Good luck to you...
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:59:51 AM

I definitely think Ursay is doing a decent job but I wish he could help me without having it escalated to the CEO.

It wasn't my decision to escalate your case to the CEO.  But I will still see if I can't find out more about your situation in an effort to help.  Smiley
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:03:11 AM

Thanks URSAY for you effort man .
I appreciate your help , altough my case isnt resolved yet and tomorrow is 5th day after I made the deposit .
Im trying to be calm and give you guys some time to solve this

Thanks man.  I know GOX is effecting a lot of orders.  BitInstant connects a lot of companies to push around BTC.  When someone we work with is unable to do business as usual it effects our customers but it's not always in our control.
cerulean13

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:08:29 AM

Ursay, any clue about my and dookiedue's problem?
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:11:05 AM

Hi Ursay,

I just got back from 3 unsuccessful attempts to complete my transaction at CVS (used bitinstant CVS to bitcoin email). My order amount is for $100 and my zipzap fee is $3.95.

Basically what happened all three times is I would get to the counter, the total would come up as $100 dollars instead of $103.95, the person at the register would attempt to go through with it anyway, and then it would return "invalid transaction" or something like that.

I then went back to the moneygram phone, did the process over again, and explained to the person on the phone what was happening. The last time I did it, the person on the phone claimed it was because I was trying to send it to a person instead of a business, which I knew wasn't right because I remember confirming that I was sending money to zipzap.

I'm going to try again tomorrow at a Walmart instead of CVS, but how can I make sure that it works this time? Why wouldn't the transaction fee show up, even when I explain to the people on the phone what's happening?

I've been in this situation at CVS.  Moneygram didn't know what the hell I was talking about and the CVS employees all looked at me funny.  LOL.

I'm pretty sure you need to INSIST that they accept your total for submission.  I believe there was confusion where the clerk thought I was trying to add the fee to my payment.  However, this was the ZipZap fee and not the Moneygram fee so it needed to be included in the total.  Don't talk about fees with them.  Just insist you want to send a specific amount and you are willing to pay the Moneygram fee...which may be a few extra bucks?

I hope that makes sense!  Good luck!  Cheesy

-BitInstant Support
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:14:02 AM

Hi Ursay,

Hey man thanks for helping!  I didn't see this response and I pretty much just posted a similar solution.  Cheesy

This exact thing happened with me at a CVS. The person at the counter is entering in $100 as the amount when they need to enter $103.95 for it to be accepted. I had to go back and forth with the lady as she told me she normally just enters the bill amount, and then the additional fee gets added on. She was confused as to why it didn't add the fee the first time and just charged me the amount with out the fee ($100). After ringing me up we got the same invalid transaction error. The second time I convinced her to put the amount with the fee ($103.95) and the order went through. I promptly received an email from ZipZap confirming my payment. Of course what happens after that is anybody's guess as I still haven't received any bitcoins from BitInstant, or any responses to my direct questions, emails or phone calls.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:15:36 AM

Hi, this is my Quote ID: 25e4fe6c-02d2-4306-9890-3ac9ec332de9

I completed the payment and got an e-mail confirming ZipZap payment, but so far I have not received the amount in my MtGox account. Can you help?

thanks.

Check your confirmation email for a coupon code.  I realize that you may of received an email which states you would not need to enter a code but this may not be the case.  Let me know if you still need help.  Cheesy
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:17:13 AM

Simply hope I can move beyond the loading stage for my process.

Quote ID   7bf2d681-c9f1-4e71-bce1-34e5e463a63d

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Can you be more specific and give me more details?  Thanks!  Smiley

My order status has been loading for over 20 hours. I made a purchase to get bitcoins sent to my bitcoin address yesterday, after my moneygram payment I got a zipzap confirmation right away. I'd like to complete my transaction as it is advertised as something that can be done in under an hour.

Do you have an order ID #?  Do you want me to open a ticket for you?

That would be much appreciated.

Check your confirmation email for a coupon code.  I realize that you may of received an email which states you would not need to enter a code but this may not be the case.  Let me know if you still need help.  Cheesy
sigwo

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 03:18:04 AM

Is there anyway to pay using PayPal? I dont' have any cryptocurrency or international bank accounts...Really want to buy some Ripple (XRP). Any help is appreciated.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:19:03 AM

Hi Ursay,

Weird, the lady at CVS didn't even have the option to enter the amount, she was telling me that it just shows up on screen and then the customer confirms it and pays. If it happens again tomorrow when I try Walmart, should I ask the cashier to enter the right amount if it displays $100 again? Or do you think that's why you don't have your bitcoins yet?

If it displays $100 again then tell them it's wrong and you want to send $103 or whatever the total should be.  If they get confused just explain that this added fee is for a third party and MUST be included.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:20:51 AM

Is there anyway to pay using PayPal? I dont' have any cryptocurrency or international bank accounts...Really want to buy some Ripple (XRP). Any help is appreciated.

This is a BitInstant support thread.  I could be mistaken but I don't believe BitInstant sells XRP.  

Buying ANY crypto currency with Pay Pal is not easy or suggested.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:24:12 AM

URSAY, Thank you for being great support here!
I'm in the same boat as a lot of guys, for some reason my transaction is stuck on 'loading'.
Reading though the posts, it seems like there is a way some transactions to get stuck in this limbo and maybe all they need is a manual push?

Anyway- I already filed a ticket with you, just wanted to make sure you had my MtGox account # incase that was helpful in pushing it through:

• MTgox Account: 231678

Order ID: 9cafb842-dced-46e7-977a-13bfb74837d6
    Quote ID: 2871fa44-407b-4db4-aa2e-4f18b01d3a59
    Event ID: 1aa207eb-653e-4ef1-b069-c0b8d93c1c49

Dwolla verification is:
    $300.00 to BitInstant (EDP)
    transaction ID # is 2508578

Again, thank you for communicating with us and letting us know whats up. I was have been worried, as I think most of us are, that someone could just run off with our investments when we don't see them for a day and get no notification.
So the information is REALLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks for the compliments!  Cheesy

First thing you should do is double check any confirmation emails for MTGOX codes that you may have to redeem.  If that leads you to a dead end let me know and I will escalate your issue.

-BitInstant Support
cerulean13

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:26:29 AM

Hi Ursay,

I've been in this situation at CVS.  Moneygram didn't know what the hell I was talking about and the CVS employees all looked at me funny.  LOL.

I'm pretty sure you need to INSIST that they accept your total for submission.  I believe there was confusion where the clerk thought I was trying to add the fee to my payment.  However, this was the ZipZap fee and not the Moneygram fee so it needed to be included in the total.  Don't talk about fees with them.  Just insist you want to send a specific amount and you are willing to pay the Moneygram fee...which may be a few extra bucks?

-BitInstant Support

Haha ok great, thanks for the reply, I'll report back if I have any success
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:26:38 AM

I apologize for sounding rude, I would just like to know what's goig on, this is a great service in the past and my problems have always been fixed fast. So with that being said again I didn't want to come off rude, Thanks.
Please fill me in when you get a chance.

Hey no problem!  I'll be in the office tomorrow and hopefully learning more about some of the current issues that are keeping some orders from being completed.  Sorry your issue is still not resolved and thanks again for your patience!  Cheesy

-BitInstant Support
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:29:48 AM

Nothing yet on dookie.

I don't have a ticket open for you but I still am behind on quite a few PMs.  If you sent the details by PM then don't worry...I'm about to run thru all those.  Otherwise, you may want to pass me all your order details...
dookiedue

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:33:20 AM

Hi Ursay,

-BitInstant Support

Haha ok great, thanks for the reply, I'll report back if I have any success

The CVS lady did try to argue with me for a few minutes but if you insist they put in the amount that includes the fee they will, and with me putting in the fee let the order go through. I took my ZipZap printout with me and insisted on the total amount shown with fee included. Let me know if you have better luck receiving your bitcoins once your payment is made at CVS.
battletross

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:34:15 AM

Placed an order 4/3 and the payment was confirmed by zip zap at 3:22PM EST (successfully processed). I have not received any kind of confirmation email from bitinstant and do not have the funds in my mtgox account. Let me know what can be done. Thanks!
dookiedue

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:36:11 AM

Nothing yet on dookie.

I don't have a ticket open for you but I still am behind on quite a few PMs.  If you sent the details by PM then don't worry...I'm about to run thru all those.  Otherwise, you may want to pass me all your order details...

URSAY is this directed to me or Cerulean13? Sorry for the extra post or if the answer is obvious but I just wanted to clarify that you did have a ticket open for me and you don't need any further information. Thanks...
Apanauc

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:37:05 AM

Simply hope I can move beyond the loading stage for my process.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Can you be more specific and give me more details?  Thanks!  Smiley

My order status has been loading for over 20 hours. I made a purchase to get bitcoins sent to my bitcoin address yesterday, after my moneygram payment I got a zipzap confirmation right away. I'd like to complete my transaction as it is advertised as something that can be done in under an hour.

Do you have an order ID #?  Do you want me to open a ticket for you?

That would be much appreciated.

I have yet to receive any e-mails from bitinstant at all, at any step in the process. Is it possible to send the coupon code to my pm box? I can provide additional transaction information if necessary. Appreciate the time you put towards this and really like the forum style customer service, because you can see the massive amount of requests put in, along with all the responses capable of coming from a single person.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: