Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOCKED] cpuminer-opt v3.12.3, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner  (Read 443972 times)
droit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:12:51 PM

hey braves!
It is possible insert a command in .bat, that run miner.exe, that run threads -t variable?

Example: 30 min w/ 4 threads, them 60 min w/ 2 threads,...

Thank you! Great hashes Wink

cpuminer --help is your friend.

--time-limit

Hi Joblo,

where/how I find this --help?
Serve to change the number of thread for a X time?
My level is zero for command but I think in the .bat must to have a "reboot", "restart" bat file. Make any sense?

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ybelevi

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:40:10 PM

Hello,

i've i5-6700k cpu.this cpu has AVX2 .but miner starts with SSE2.How can i fix that? (in linux)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz.
SW built on Jan 13 2018 with GCC 4.9.2.
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
Algo features: SSE2 SHA.
Start mining with SSE2
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 08:04:47 PM

Small question: is it possible to autodetect the cpu features on startup and just select the "best" - most appropriate - version?

As the miner itself detects the features already this should be possible in theory but maybe not that easy to implement with the "loading" of the correct binary/code

Try this:
http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/chkcpu.htm

Create a batch file using this to detect the features of the CPU and select the appropriate EXE.

Code:
CHKCPU32.exe /x > CHKCPU32.LOG

find "<avx2>1</avx2>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AVX2

find "<avx>1</avx>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AVX

find "<aes>1</aes>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AES

find "<sse42>1</sse42>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto SSE42

GOTO SSE

maybe i phrased it wrong: i know it is possible via batch or external program, i hoped for single exe with all versions integrated which does the necessary stuff itself
much like claymore miners or similar
saturnix2025

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:18:04 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 08:49:59 PM by saturnix2025

I'm having a similar error to that of @shvch and ran the same commands to install the required depencies. Total newbie here.

I believe this is the relevant portion of errors:

In file included from algo/cryptonight/cryptonight-aesni.c:6:0:
./avxdefs.h: In function ‘mm_byteswap_64’:
./avxdefs.h:296:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_shuffle_epi8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
./avxdefs.h:296:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
./avxdefs.h: In function ‘mm_byteswap_32’:
./avxdefs.h:303:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
./avxdefs.h: In function ‘mm_byteswap_16’:
./avxdefs.h:310:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
algo/cryptonight/cryptonight-aesni.c: At top level:
algo/cryptonight/cryptonight-aesni.c:107:33: warning: ‘ctx’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
mv -f algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight-common.Tpo algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight-common.Po
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -O3 -march=native -Wall  -Iyes/include -MT algo/cubehash/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.o -MD -MP -MF algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Tpo -c -o algo/cubehash/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.o `test -f 'algo/cubehash/sph_cubehash.c' || echo './'`algo/cubehash/sph_cubehash.c
make[2]: *** [algo/cryptonight/cpuminer-cryptonight-aesni.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight.Tpo algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight.Po
mv -f algo/bmw/.deps/cpuminer-sph_bmw.Tpo algo/bmw/.deps/cpuminer-sph_bmw.Po
mv -f algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Tpo algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file

I'm running this on an  AMD Opteron 4284 which, according to "cat /proc/cpuinfo" has "SSE2" enabled under "flags".

The installed dependencies are copypasted from the install manual:
Code:
apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libgmp-dev automake

I have tried to install both with ./build.sh and

Code:
./autogen.sh CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11"
./configure --with-curl
make

the former gives the error posted above while the latter gives the same error when I run the "make" comand.

I'd gladly try an older version if anyone can instruct me how to do so, though I'd prefer to understand what am I doing wrong with this.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: apparently, someone encountered a similar error here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.msg14697284#msg14697284 to which it was suggested to him to run gcc -march=native -Q --help=target|grep march.

The result of that command is "amdfam10" so I tried to run ./configure by replacing "-march=native" both with "-march=amdfam10" and "-march=btver1" (copied from the linked message). Unfortunately, this changed nothing.

EDIT2: Tried the legacy version, 3.5.9.1. Very similar error about "__m128i" being incompatible with "int". Also, something about SSSE3 not being enabled.
joblo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:08:29 PM

I'm having a similar error to that of @shvch and ran the same commands to install the required depencies. Total newbie here.

./avxdefs.h:296:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_mm_shuffle_epi8’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
./avxdefs.h:296:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
./avxdefs.h:303:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
./avxdefs.h:310:3: error: incompatible types when returning type ‘int’ but ‘__m128i’ was expected
algo/cryptonight/cryptonight-aesni.c:107:33: warning: ‘ctx’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
mv -f algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight-common.Tpo algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight-common.Po
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -O3 -march=native -Wall  -Iyes/include -MT algo/cubehash/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.o -MD -MP -MF algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Tpo -c -o algo/cubehash/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.o `test -f 'algo/cubehash/sph_cubehash.c' || echo './'`algo/cubehash/sph_cubehash.c
mv -f algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight.Tpo algo/cryptonight/.deps/cpuminer-cryptonight.Po
mv -f algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Tpo algo/cubehash/.deps/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.Po

I'm running this on an  AMD Opteron 4284 which, according to "cat /proc/cpuinfo" has "SSE2" enabled under "flags".

The installed dependencies are copypasted from the install manual:
Code:
apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libgmp-dev automake

I have tried to install both with ./build.sh and

Code:
./autogen.sh CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11"
./configure --with-curl
make

the former gives the error posted above while the latter gives the same error when I run the "make" comand.

I'd gladly try an older version if anyone can instruct me how to do so, though I'd prefer to understand what am I doing wrong with this.

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: apparently, someone encountered a similar error here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.msg14697284#msg14697284 to which it was suggested to him to run gcc -march=native -Q --help=target|grep march.

The result of that command is "amdfam10" so I tried to run ./configure by replacing "-march=native" both with "-march=amdfam10" and "-march=btver1" (copied from the linked message). Unfortunately, this changed nothing.

EDIT2: Tried the legacy version, 3.5.9.1. Very similar error about "__m128i" being incompatible with "int". Also, something about SSSE3 not being enabled.

Your CPU May fall into that AMD black hole where SIMD support was inconsistent. I recently optimized bytswap to use shuffle
which is available in SSSE3. Your CPU's specs have SSSE3 but apparently not support for _mm_shuffle_epi8.

Have you tried compiling with -march=core2?

I'll try to come up with a fix for next release but it's hard to get motivated for old CPUs, especially old AMD CPUs.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:51:11 PM

Small question: is it possible to autodetect the cpu features on startup and just select the "best" - most appropriate - version?

As the miner itself detects the features already this should be possible in theory but maybe not that easy to implement with the "loading" of the correct binary/code

Try this:
http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/chkcpu.htm

Create a batch file using this to detect the features of the CPU and select the appropriate EXE.

Code:
CHKCPU32.exe /x > CHKCPU32.LOG

find "<avx2>1</avx2>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AVX2

find "<avx>1</avx>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AVX

find "<aes>1</aes>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto AES

find "<sse42>1</sse42>" CHKCPU32.LOG
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto SSE42

GOTO SSE

maybe i phrased it wrong: i know it is possible via batch or external program, i hoped for single exe with all versions integrated which does the necessary stuff itself
much like claymore miners or similar

No, I understood you.  I was just offering you something that works right now.

Joblo already indicated he doesn't see this happening as it will bloat the EXE.  Since that's the case, I was hoping that'd work for you.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:46:15 PM

Hello,

i've i5-6700k cpu.this cpu has AVX2 .but miner starts with SSE2.How can i fix that? (in linux)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz.
SW built on Jan 13 2018 with GCC 4.9.2.
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
Algo features: SSE2 SHA.
Start mining with SSE2

THE ALGORITHM IS LIMITED TO SSE2--

The code in the (un-named) algorithm is optimized with SSE2.  Your CPU is not detected as capable of SHA (is it?).  SSE2 is the best option available per code.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:54:30 PM

hey braves!
It is possible insert a command in .bat, that run miner.exe, that run threads -t variable?

Example: 30 min w/ 4 threads, them 60 min w/ 2 threads,...

Thank you! Great hashes Wink

cpuminer --help is your friend.

--time-limit

Hi Joblo,

where/how I find this --help?
Serve to change the number of thread for a X time?
My level is zero for command but I think in the .bat must to have a "reboot", "restart" bat file. Make any sense?

EXECUTE CPUMINER WTH THE "--help" OPTION--

Or, read the 'Readme" file that comes in the archive.  Better, do both.  If you execute "cpuminer --help > help.txt", you will get a text file with all the CPUminer-OPT command flags and a detailed explanation of each one.  Then, you will be able to read and understand the "Readme.txt" and "help.txt" whenever you wish.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
saturnix2025

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:33:36 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 11:51:34 PM by saturnix2025

Your CPU May fall into that AMD black hole where SIMD support was inconsistent. I recently optimized bytswap to use shuffle
which is available in SSSE3. Your CPU's specs have SSSE3 but apparently not support for _mm_shuffle_epi8.

I'll try to come up with a fix for next release but it's hard to get motivated for old CPUs, especially old AMD CPUs.

Thank you very much for your reply! I have now tried with "core2" but that gives the very same error.

I recently optimized bytswap to use shuffle which is available in SSSE3.

Forgive the stupid question: does this mean that without this optimization it should work on this particular CPU and that it is available on older versions?

If this is of any help, this is a CPU that I've been assigned when renting a server with OVH. It mainly sits idle all day so I figured why not using it for CPU mining? Many other people may face the same need, unless it is possible to get assigned a different CPU just by asking (I'll try to do that now).

Many thanks for your help again! If there's anything I could do to help you test compatibility, don't hesitate to ask!

EDIT: by the way, I'm only interested in mining YescryptR16. Is there anyway to disable all the things I don't need or is the particular feature not in my CPU needed also for this?
joblo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:09:09 AM

Code:

I may have a simple solution as long as cryptonight is the only culprit. Can you check if other files have similar errors
with avxdefs?

saturnix2025

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:28:25 AM

Managed to mine Yenten anyway, using the default miner. Didn't do that from the start since the tutorial I was following was pointing me to this one, cpuminer-opt, which is much more complete but incompatible with my CPU.

Off course I went through all the hassle of figuring out how to compile and run the default miner, just to then find out that the pool I chose (absolutely at random) provides you with a neatly pre-packaged, pre-compiled debian executable.

Basically, I did every single step in the most useless and time consuming way although I now have a rough knowledge of how to compile stuff on Linux, something which (as you may have noted) has always eluded me.

Back to the point, if you're still interested in a fix for this particular AMD CPU...

Can you check if other files have similar errors with avxdefs?

I don't understand your question completely: are you asking me if I see similar errors within other files during compilation? As far as I can tell, no: avxdefs is the only file giving errors (other stuff only looks like warnings).

I did another run, configuring with -march=core2, so that I could give you a complete transcript of the compile report. Here: https://pastebin.com/raw/ckhcAcYD

Please let me know if I didn't understand your question correctly and you're asking me for something else.
joblo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:13:31 AM

Managed to mine Yenten anyway, using the default miner. Didn't do that from the start since the tutorial I was following was pointing me to this one, cpuminer-opt, which is much more complete but incompatible with my CPU.

Off course I went through all the hassle of figuring out how to compile and run the default miner, just to then find out that the pool I chose (absolutely at random) provides you with a neatly pre-packaged, pre-compiled debian executable.

Basically, I did every single step in the most useless and time consuming way although I now have a rough knowledge of how to compile stuff on Linux, something which (as you may have noted) has always eluded me.

Back to the point, if you're still interested in a fix for this particular AMD CPU...

Can you check if other files have similar errors with avxdefs?

I don't understand your question completely: are you asking me if I see similar errors within other files during compilation? As far as I can tell, no: avxdefs is the only file giving errors (other stuff only looks like warnings).

I did another run, configuring with -march=core2, so that I could give you a complete transcript of the compile report. Here: https://pastebin.com/raw/ckhcAcYD

Please let me know if I didn't understand your question correctly and you're asking me for something else.

Thanks for posting the complete compile session. Cryptonight is the only problem so my fix should work.

For yenten the default miner is probably equal to cpuminer-opt.

JoeBobJr

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:29:20 PM

Does this miner not have a web api? I've seen that it binds to port 4048 and when I try to access the api from my browser I get errors every time. localhost:4048 isn't working.
joblo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:36:15 PM

Does this miner not have a web api? I've seen that it binds to port 4048 and when I try to access the api from my browser I get errors every time. localhost:4048 isn't working.

No, just a raw socket.

Code:
telnet localhost 4048
help

JoeBobJr

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

No, just a raw socket.

Code:
telnet localhost 4048
help

As soon as I connect with telnet and hit any key it disconnects. I can't type help.
joblo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

No, just a raw socket.

Code:
telnet localhost 4048
help

As soon as I connect with telnet and hit any key it disconnects. I can't type help.

Don't hit any key just enter a comand.

Code:
$ telnet 127.0.0.1 4048
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
help
summary
threads
seturl
quit
|Connection closed by foreign host.

JoeBobJr

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:01:42 PM

No, just a raw socket.

Code:
telnet localhost 4048
help

Don't hit any key just enter a comand.

Code:
$ telnet 127.0.0.1 4048
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
help
summary
threads
seturl
quit
|Connection closed by foreign host.

It must not be actually making a connection then. When I type in the telnet command the screen goes black and all I see is a cursor. I'll look into it thanks for the info.
cojsolorzano

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:07:31 AM

I think there should be an SSE2-AVX EXE for i3 proccesors under windows , I saw it working only in linux,
joblo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

I think there should be an SSE2-AVX EXE for i3 proccesors under windows , I saw it working only in linux,

I need a better reason than "I think". Show me the performance difference from just sse2.
I'm trying to reduce then number of builds, not increase them. Old and crippled CPUs do not
interest me. I want to focus on AVX2 and AVX512.

nizzuu

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency enthusiast

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:05:23 AM

I need a better reason than "I think". Show me the performance difference from just sse2.
I'm trying to reduce then number of builds, not increase them. Old and crippled CPUs do not
interest me. I want to focus on AVX2 and AVX512.

Well, I cannot call the Xeon E5 v2 & v3 line (it lacks AVX2 support) like "Old and crippled" because people nowadays purchase these ones for less than 200$.

E5-1650V2 costs <180$ but kicks some newer i7 asses.

So the time to upgrade will come with Intel's release of mainstream CPUs with AVX512. They claim it in 2018, but the price and working temp should be seen first. People won't go for i3 which needs watercooling under AVX512 load. If the avx offset will be a must-have, then why should people go for these high-freq cpus?
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: