Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073031 times)
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:56:41 PM

Well, at least we are mentioned by Coindesk. That's something )

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-5-blockchain-partners-azure/

Beat me to it. I was just about to post the news that LISK has appeared on coindesks azure news story. Well done LISK.

Yes Guys I made a post about This on my twitter as well because of the great news!

https://twitter.com/CryptoTradeADay/status/709785040801173504

If you would please like and favorite it for me, and please give me a follow as well, Thanks!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:59:42 PM

this useless azure hype is getting out of hand.
and what exaclty is stopping MS (a major software developer) to come up with their own coin/system instead of picking some open source newbie coin?

I was also thinking about this for a while, but I think mayor companies (Microsoft, Google, Amazon) don't want open sourced decentralised crypto projects because they can go lead a life of it's own, they can't be regulated. And potentially damage the brand name.

I think the big guys see the winds of change shifting direction.  If they don't jump on the bandwagon now, then they will become IBM in the age of Micro Computers.

Blockchain will kill major companies that are blinded by their own bureaucracy and inability to be flexible

If MS is smart, they are changing their mind and betting on opensource blockchain

just my opinion

yes, I agree with all that, but, my question is - what is stopping MS from making their own decentralized coin with needed features? They have more than enough resources for all this themselves internally

Of course nothing is stopping them but why spend money on design and development of a perfect system when there are so many people willing to work for free.  Throw them all into a pool and see who comes out at the top and then start profiting off of someone elses hard work.

I feel at least now when the economy is starting to fail that this option is much financially sound than throwing a bunch of money at a project that has a high chance at failure.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:07:16 PM

this useless azure hype is getting out of hand.
and what exaclty is stopping MS (a major software developer) to come up with their own coin/system instead of picking some open source newbie coin?

I was also thinking about this for a while, but I think mayor companies (Microsoft, Google, Amazon) don't want open sourced decentralised crypto projects because they can go lead a life of it's own, they can't be regulated. And potentially damage the brand name.

I think the big guys see the winds of change shifting direction.  If they don't jump on the bandwagon now, then they will become IBM in the age of Micro Computers.

Blockchain will kill major companies that are blinded by their own bureaucracy and inability to be flexible

If MS is smart, they are changing their mind and betting on opensource blockchain

just my opinion

yes, I agree with all that, but, my question is - what is stopping MS from making their own decentralized coin with needed features? They have more than enough resources for all this themselves internally

I don't agree. Microsoft and other bigs don't need technology (they can create a new coin in 1 or less day ) They need community, people involved and also innovation and new ideas .A shared(github oriented) innovation project like lisk or iota are the perfect partner for Microsoft.Azure is like a big mama.A very big mama.Microsoft is one of the biggest company on earth. Is enough? Grin Grin

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:14:10 PM

@MalReynolds i have read now your reply about NXT, you right man, my apologize.

Apology accepted, no problems.  Thank you, Videodrome, you are a gentleman.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 05:25:15 PM

People of the Lisk community,

In the list you can see the crowdfunding for Lisk Dapp, The think that will determine the value of Lisk will be the adaption and the usage of the coin but thats obvious, im looking to start this crowdfunding platform so we can help dev's to push there Dapp through.

Although im not rich and cant fund this all myself and i dont wanna start a crowdfunding for a crowdfunding platform.

Thats why im going to try and manage 2 Delegates (and dont think i do that cause im greedy) its 100% to support the community.
And i hope the community can help this succeed by voting on those delegates and i was just wondering what all of your views
are on this?

Would you like the idea and help me with gathering votes reply on this and maybe we can even find better ideas on how to make this
work all togheter "dont forget its a community we need to form"!

Just let me know Wink.

Kind Regards
Nick

Sure I would like to know what we get out of it though. A prediction market like AUGUR would really kick ass at the moment because of all the hype about it. REP is now getting sold for 0.02. If we can create something around LISK too that would be immense. We already have the edge over ETHER so I think jump on to the prediction soon.

What I was wanting to know is if we crowd fund and launch these will they come with another coin that will be utilised with the DAPPS and the investors see some of these coins? Otherwise we are paying for something that will benefit us but also benefit others and we have no advantage to fund it..

I think to say what will be into it for the investors will be hard to say cause every Dapp can have its own functionality, if it something that helps the community but doesnt generate a profit we cant expect to get anything back except usage and increase in coin value. In those cases the amount gathered will be minimal but maybe enough for 1 developer to make its Dapp.

If its a decentralized prediction market like augur we can even do something like a 0,2% Fee like many exchanges does and let it be split over the investors from the project but then the crowdfunding platform will have much more responsibility. But all is possible im just aiming here to see if there is any interrest for it Wink.

Also i think this crowdfunding platform can be the start of developers working togheter with a small funds, think about Colony for Ethereum but then more community based.

Because beside the developers of the "core code" it would be nice to generate some funds for a team to work togheter on Lisk and with
Delegate proof of stake this is a great way to start this all.

I will post this also on the Forum later today Wink And this is just a concept idea and need to be completed and figured out into details

Great suggestions! I have added the option to issue a custom token as shares to the Delegate Profit Sharing Dapp concept at https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27 . Below is the decription of the Dapp for reference:

Summary:

The Lisk API has the ability for a delegate to see which accounts voted for him. This, along with the new Lisk forging rewards, opens up the possibility for delegates to do profit sharing with those who vote for him. What I have in mind is how I originally thought DPoS would operate with Bitshares and should have run with Crypti. I would like to offer to split the delegate earnings with the people who vote for my delegates based on how much they have in the Lisk accounts they vote from on a running basis and how much they dilute their votes by voting for other delegates. So this would be truly a PoS type system where stake holders receive a return on their holdings with a portion going to the delegates they choose to represent them. This will also incentivize people to hold Lisk since it can offer them a return.

Dapp Features:

• List votes received from accounts with current account balances or %approval rating, fraction of total votes made by account.
  • auto distribution of percentage of forging rewards at set blockcount interval to accounts voting for delegate based on portion of total approval rating received fromindividual accounts and fraction of total votes made by that account.
  • ability to set percentage paid to votors.
  • option to dynamically adjust rate based on revenue and Lisk/BTC price, i.e. percentage of portion retained by delegate is cut in half when earnings quadruple, able to set parameters "half" and "quadruple" with user selected amounts.
  • option to whitelist other delegates owned by operator to exclude from vote dilution penalty in distribution calculation in item 2 above.
  • generate ledger of accounts of voters with vote histories at block cycle intervals
  • distribute a custom token according to ledger as an alternative to distribution of Lisk
  • set the distribution of the custom token according to a formula with parameters like time of vote, dilution of vote, and amount of vote.

With these added features, Lisk stakeholders can gain a stake in dapps funded with delegate earnings.

MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:36:30 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 05:52:39 PM by MGM

What does this ask? I wopuld fund some of these 100%. What would the investors get back?

COOL coin Roll Eyes

Do you mean the dapp ideas? You could write below the idea in our Lisk forum and offer funding for the idea. Smiley

So we now have to pay to make the dapps ?

Why can't ICO funds be used for this ?

You have to be the fucking dumbest person on earth.

I guess you are going to have to call every person outside of crypto dumb because they probably don't have a clue what dapps are and how they are created and used.  
Since you sound so smart, maybe you can educate them.  

-tb-

I never said I was smarter than thou, or that I know any more about crypto than that tard.   And if you think knowing what dapps are and having common sense is the samething, maybe you're just as retarded?  I never attacked you but you seem to want to fight.

WOW... You must be a Trump voter   Shocked

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:42:01 PM

Great suggestions! I have added the option to issue a custom token as shares to the Delegate Profit Sharing Dapp concept at https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27 . Below is the decription of the Dapp for reference:

Summary:

The Lisk API has the ability for a delegate to see which accounts voted for him. This, along with the new Lisk forging rewards, opens up the possibility for delegates to do profit sharing with those who vote for him. What I have in mind is how I originally thought DPoS would operate with Bitshares and should have run with Crypti. I would like to offer to split the delegate earnings with the people who vote for my delegates based on how much they have in the Lisk accounts they vote from on a running basis and how much they dilute their votes by voting for other delegates. So this would be truly a PoS type system where stake holders receive a return on their holdings with a portion going to the delegates they choose to represent them. This will also incentivize people to hold Lisk since it can offer them a return.

Dapp Features:

• List votes received from accounts with current account balances or %approval rating, fraction of total votes made by account.
  • auto distribution of percentage of forging rewards at set blockcount interval to accounts voting for delegate based on portion of total approval rating received fromindividual accounts and fraction of total votes made by that account.
  • option to dynamically adjust rate based on revenue and Lisk/BTC price, i.e. percentage of portion retained by delegate is cut in half when earnings quadruple, able to set parameters "half" and "quadruple" with user selected amounts.
  • option to whitelist other delegates owned by operator to exclude from vote dilution penalty in distribution calculation in item 2 above.
  • generate ledger of accounts of voters with vote histories at block cycle intervals
  • distribute a custom token according to ledger as an alternative to distribution of Lisk
  • set the distribution of the custom token according to a formula with parameters like time of vote, dilution of vote, and amount of vote.

With these added features, Lisk stakeholders can gain a stake in dapps funded with delegate earnings.

That's actually a great idea as far as I can tell!

ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:01:11 PM

Now that bonuses are expired, I suddenly decided to triple my donation  Grin

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:27:59 PM

What does this ask? I wopuld fund some of these 100%. What would the investors get back?

COOL coin Roll Eyes

Do you mean the dapp ideas? You could write below the idea in our Lisk forum and offer funding for the idea. Smiley

So we now have to pay to make the dapps ?

Why can't ICO funds be used for this ?

You have to be the fucking dumbest person on earth.

I guess you are going to have to call every person outside of crypto dumb because they probably don't have a clue what dapps are and how they are created and used.  
Since you sound so smart, maybe you can educate them.  

-tb-

I never said I was smarter than thou, or that I know any more about crypto than that tard.   And if you think knowing what dapps are and having common sense is the samething, maybe you're just as retarded?  I never attacked you but you seem to want to fight.

WOW... You must be a Trump voter   Shocked

Nope, I'm just able to rationally think for myself
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 06:31:19 PM

but how mach 1 lisk for crypti to day?
someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:36:39 PM

If you will be looking for investments, let me know. Will be happy to put some money into your idea and into new dapps Smiley

In the list you can see the crowdfunding for Lisk Dapp, The think that will determine the value of Lisk will be the adaption and the usage of the coin but thats obvious, im looking to start this crowdfunding platform so we can help dev's to push there Dapp through.

Although im not rich and cant fund this all myself and i dont wanna start a crowdfunding for a crowdfunding platform.

Thats why im going to try and manage 2 Delegates (and dont think i do that cause im greedy) its 100% to support the community.
And i hope the community can help this succeed by voting on those delegates and i was just wondering what all of your views
are on this?

Would you like the idea and help me with gathering votes reply on this and maybe we can even find better ideas on how to make this

Just let me know Wink.

Kind Regards
Nick

Sure I would like to know what we get out of it though. A prediction market like AUGUR would really kick ass at the moment because of all the hype about it. REP is now getting sold for 0.02. If we can create something around LISK too that would be immense. We already have the edge over ETHER so I think jump on to the prediction soon.

What I was wanting to know is if we crowd fund and launch these will they come with another coin that will be utilised with the DAPPS and the investors see some of these coins? Otherwise we are paying for something that will benefit us but also benefit others and we have no advantage to fund it..

I think to say what will be into it for the investors will be hard to say cause every Dapp can have its own functionality, if it something that helps the community but doesnt generate a profit we cant expect to get anything back except usage and increase in coin value. In those cases the amount gathered will be minimal but maybe enough for 1 developer to make its Dapp.

If its a decentralized prediction market like augur we can even do something like a 0,2% Fee like many exchanges does and let it be split over the investors from the project but then the crowdfunding platform will have much more responsibility. But all is possible im just aiming here to see if there is any interrest for it Wink.

Also i think this crowdfunding platform can be the start of developers working togheter with a small funds, think about Colony for Ethereum but then more community based.

Because beside the developers of the "core code" it would be nice to generate some funds for a team to work togheter on Lisk and with

I will post this also on the Forum later today Wink And this is just a concept idea and need to be completed and figured out into details

Summary:

Dapp Features:

bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 06:45:20 PM

If you will be looking for investments, let me know. Will be happy to put some money into your idea and into new dapps Smiley

Summary:

Dapp Features:

Thanks!

Think I'll set up a delegate for each dapp idea I submitted, let community decide which to pursue with voting and receive shares in return. My favorite is ATLASS, Autonomous Transport - Land, Air, Sea, Space, https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29 . ATLASS  will also include the Mesh Networking and Distributed Storage, https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26  as a core function.

GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:00:58 PM

Dapp Idea: assembly.com on the block chain
Not interested in the contest, I was just upset to see an idea like assembly.com vanish.
Seeing how crypto currencies are created all the time by shared effort, I can't imagine a more fitting dapp.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

You get 0.196 Lisk for 1 Crypti today.   You need 5.1 Crypti to buy 1 Lisk.

These numbers change a little every day.
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:24:35 PM

You get 0.196 Lisk for a Crypti today.   This number will be a little bit smaller tomorrow.

How much is the ICO price per 1 LISK today? In sathosi?
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:26:34 PM

are on this?

Just let me know Wink.

Kind Regards
Nick

Summary:

Dapp Features:

Thats actually not exactly what i ment, im going to make a forum post and explain what i think should work.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:38:36 PM

You get 0.196 Lisk for a Crypti today.   This number will be a little bit smaller tomorrow.

How much is the ICO price per 1 LISK today? In sathosi?

right now 6626 satoshi or 0.02758 usd
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

Summary:

Dapp Features:

Excellent DAPP suggestion, this is, by far, my favorite suggestion as it builds on top of the DPoS system. It tries to solve the problem on why voters should vote.

Also, if this were to be implement, we would experience a surge of delegates writing detailed proposals on delegate profit sharing.

Would love to see this implemented.  Smiley

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:43:45 PM

Summary:

Dapp Features:

Excellent DAPP suggestion, this is, by far, my favorite suggestion as it builds on top of the DPoS system. It tries to solve the problem on why voters should vote.

Also, if this were to be implement, we would experience a surge of delegates writing detailed proposals on delegate profit sharing.

Would love to see this implemented.  Smiley

Maybe this DApp could be one of those built by Lisk team as it seem to be essential for the whole network. I mean in case there's no independent developers for such app.

atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:53:46 PM

Very beautiful cryptocoin.... Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: