Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:25:37 PM

Synereo(AMP) announces first for decentralized social network...i think that was qora, was it not?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/synereo-announces-alpha-phase-as-worlds-first-decentralized-social-network/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:33:13 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 11:54:40 PM by randombit

I'd really like to donate, but I cant get the wallet to sync.

I also think, it might be more effective to do an ICO for Qora 2.0 than trying to attract crowdfunds from a relatively low marketcap coin like QORA. There might just not be that much capital for crowdfunding in it...what will you do with 500$?

This is realy essentiel, you have to start a second crowdfunding for Qora 2.0 to recieve a wider adobtion.

1.   you will recieve a much higher funding for development in future

2.  Attention of people which already get in into crypto and never heard about Qora. Have you seen what happend with Neos? Realy iam shocked about this reaction, if they understand Qora and its tech behind, they may go cracy

3. Publicity that Qora is starting a new crowdsale,  people will talk about Qora and recognice and realize that this awesome coin is still running under radar, new people will explore Qora and community will expand

There is only one decision to make! a new crowdsale.

You can change old Qora for a better ratio against new Qora. But in my opinion we shouldnt call it Qora 2.0, its implemts the quesion about Qora 1.  Imo i would call it Qora Z, or Qoraz, iQora  or what ever,,,  we could make a list of potenziell canditates in a greater pool.

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:53:41 AM

I also think, it might be more effective to do an ICO for Qora 2.0 than trying to attract crowdfunds from a relatively low marketcap coin like QORA. There might just not be that much capital for crowdfunding in it...what will you do with 500$?

This is realy essentiel, you have to start a second crowdfunding for Qora 2.0 to recieve a wider adobtion.

1.   you will recieve a much higher funding for development in future

2.  Attention of people which already get in into crypto and never heard about Qora. Have you seen what happend with Neos? Realy iam shocked about this reaction, if they understand Qora and its tech behind, they may go cracy

3. Publicity that Qora is starting a new crowdsale,  people will talk about Qora and recognice and realize that this awesome coin is still running under radar, new people will explore Qora and community will expand

You can change old Qora for a better ratio against new Qora. But in my opinion we shouldnt call it Qora 2.0, its implemts the quesion about Qora 1.  Imo i would call it Qora Z, or Qoraz, iQora  or what ever,,,  we could make a list of potenziell canditates in a greater pool.

Dilution ICO's, the new black ...
tetra

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:15:37 AM

1.   you will recieve a much higher funding for development in future

2.  Attention of people which already get in into crypto and never heard about Qora. Have you seen what happend with Neos? Realy iam shocked about this reaction, if they understand Qora and its tech behind, they may go cracy

Dilution ICO's, the new black ...

It doesn't necessarily have to be a complete dilution ICO. If crowetic and the team want to keep the QORA chain and create a new QORA 2.0 chain, so be it. But to rely on voluntary funding is overly optimistic IMHO

moroseneng

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:40:23 AM

wake death coin
nrg1zer
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:29:47 AM

since yesterday im finding alot of blocks?! something happened or am i just lucky?
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:44:13 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 09:17:41 PM by JPred

@ lyynx  ... lol, I stunned myself real good this time around with the windows wallet.  

In my defense though, it has been very long since I actually used wallet. Thanks for your detailed guide.   Smiley

FREEDOM
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:25:37 PM

I'm seeing some great ideas and love the potential merge mining, I'm 100% excited, but I think we need to address the elephant in the room, Qora is still buggy, especially for new adopters. I believe if we address some of Qora's consistent main user friction points, the work performed thereafter will be all the more successful and at an increased momentum. If there is a fund dedicated to improving Qora install, Termination & Updating, put me down for a 1mil donation.

The merged mining may not come to fruition it was just an idea. After speaking with vbcs, I've found that he's working on a new algo that will be something like PoW and proof of storage together. He's very excited about it. So I think the merged mining idea might be put on the back burner for now. In favor of the new algo.

Either way, I think 2000/block reward and doubling the cap would be sufficient way to handle things moving forward.

Yes, we're aware of the bugs, which is why we've posted workarounds for them for now. I've still got vbcs, and Skerberus working on the coin, so they're very aware of the issues as well. So don't worry, we will handle these issues.

Another idea that we're tossing around...

QORA 1.0 will become a service for decentralized web hosting, targeting news agencies, etc. Accounts that can upload content will be limited to avoid any sort of issues dealing with people putting things up that are not within the scope of law. We can reach out to cointelegraph, and various other news agencies, and provide them with these accounts, so that they can decentralize their news sites, talking about decentralized currencies. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Then, we implement a beautiful web interface for the wallet, with full functionality.

We make a new design for crowdfunding, and focus on promoting this. The new design will include a project management tool tied in with the CF, so that the investors can see where their money is going with both the blockchain, and completed markings on things the CF was supposed to fund. Also, the people seeking funding, can get a certain amount for getting to a certain milestone, and another amount for another, etc. I think this is a great plan, and something we will be suggesting as a potential idea.

QORA 2.0 will have a fully encrypted/randomized data storage node network tied together with its new style mining algo and new way of mining. This will also include a way to completely banish botnet miners, making it impossible for botnets to mine. It will solve all issues of every existing algo, as well as the botnet problem.

The network on QORA 2.0 will allow anyone to upload and host content, because the responsibility of the data being legal will fall upon their own heads, and could not potentially cause any issues to the network itself.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:28:52 PM

Synereo(AMP) announces first for decentralized social network...i think that was qora, was it not?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/synereo-announces-alpha-phase-as-worlds-first-decentralized-social-network/

This is correct, QORA was the first decentralized social network... I've noticed multiple people trying to claim world firsts, such as lottery, and Smart contracts.... when in reality it was BURST and QORA for all of these things...

Soon we'll make sure the world knows too. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:29:59 PM

since yesterday im finding alot of blocks?! something happened or am i just lucky?

I'm pretty sure that Poloniex has stopped forging per my request. Funny that it coincides with the fact that there are no more mining rewards... hah.

I've suggested that poloniex donate the coin they've forged over the years, to the QrowdFunds... lets see if they go for it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:50:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that Poloniex has stopped forging per my request. Funny that it coincides with the fact that there are no more mining rewards... hah.

I've suggested that poloniex donate the coin they've forged over the years, to the QrowdFunds... lets see if they go for it.

I dont think they will send tbh Cheesy
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:10:49 PM

I don't think doing an ICO is on our radar... What we will do, is a plan to allow QORA 1 holders to purchase QORA 2 mining accounts in round one. Being the first to obtain the mining accounts on QORA 2. This will be the exclusive way to get into the initial mining accounts on QORA 2. Providing more use for QORA 1.

As far as the funding, these CF attempts are not to just get funding, they're to see how motivated the community is. If we deem it that not enough people are motivated, we will think of other funding methods, including assets like I've got on BURST, which could potentially fund the entire project if done correctly, I'll give more ideas there in the future, lets see how this first CF goes.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:54:28 AM

It's really getting so much interesting that Qora is going to be.
yns1971

Activity: 399

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:17:45 AM

Poloniex hasn't stopped forging
tetra

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:43:37 AM

Another idea that we're tossing around...

QORA 1.0 will become a service for decentralized web hosting, targeting news agencies, etc. Accounts that can upload content will be limited to avoid any sort of issues dealing with people putting things up that are not within the scope of law. We can reach out to cointelegraph, and various other news agencies, and provide them with these accounts, so that they can decentralize their news sites, talking about decentralized currencies. Sounds like a good idea to me.

The problem with that is, that you already need a big userbase as the QORA wallet has to be installed and running to access the decentralized web, doesn't it?

Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:43:09 AM

The problem with that is, that you already need a big userbase as the QORA wallet has to be installed and running to access the decentralized web, doesn't it?

Only if you want to add something to the qora network. You can browse it through any node that allows remote access to the qora web, see http://qora.tech:9090/index/webdirectory.html
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:29:27 PM

ICO ICO lets all have another ICO.......Oh just a thought why not have something different an ICO

Cheers Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:49:19 PM

Today, I started my Qora wallet the first time after weeks. I do not get any connections. I used 0.25.1 version and waited more than 30 minutes. No conncetions at all. Then I installed 0.26 version. The same happened. Is the network down? Can someone provide me some peers?
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:06:32 PM

meybe its died in the night ?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 12:41:38 AM

meybe its died in the night ?

QORA network is sync'd on every one of my wallets, and on the hosted wallet... I'm not sure why you're having issues, you could try adding the node... 216.126.198.26

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: