Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:10:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69093 times)
aguilaaudaz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:08:35 AM

Just get another hobby tho. Im pretty sure is that easy.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:26:23 AM

Only you can make yourself quit for gambling.
Also family support really help this gambler so if there is no support from them, it will difficult to changer gambler behavior.
For me , if I'm experience many loss, I decide quite gamble for some time automatically
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:41:47 AM

No its not that easy to quit gambling just like what you said. Especially we are talking about money. One of the must have thing in the world.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:46:17 AM

No its not that easy to quit gambling just like what you said. Especially we are talking about money. One of the must have thing in the world.
We are talking about money indeed but the fact is also that with gambling you will lose a lot of money and people will realize this also soon or later if you ask me.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:08:12 AM

Stopping with gambling is very difficult and I do not think you can just stop, you should make a sort of plan to build it down from time to down and than completely stop with it.

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:41:27 AM

Stopping with gambling is very difficult and I do not think you can just stop, you should make a sort of plan to build it down from time to down and than completely stop with it.

Yup you should have a day off on betting in gambling because your luck is not always intact in you in this kind of procedure you can surely have a win and not almost a lose in hand, and try to limit your betting because you will never know when you will be all lucky in your bets.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 11:50:21 AM

It is possible to stop as long as your not addicted.
If you're addicted to gambling you should get professional help.

Its the best way to get rid of such an addiction.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:52:17 AM

It is possible to stop as long as your not addicted.
If you're addicted to gambling you should get professional help.

Its the best way to get rid of such an addiction.

Well most people on this forum, can't stop but they say they are not addicted. Its because its very hard to admit to yourself that you are an addict and get help.
rascalGirl

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:41:38 PM

It's true, you cannot just STOP, there has to be some kind of a breakpoint. I stopped gambling when there was a big amount of money stolen from my credit card, using the references from my account in one of the sites.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:44:37 PM

I think it's very difficult. some of my friends have done everything they can to get out completely from gambling. but in the end they still play gambling at leisure. it is difficult, because gambling has become part of life for people who never played.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
SilverPunk

Activity: 350

The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:05:55 PM

I think it's very difficult. some of my friends have done everything they can to get out completely from gambling. but in the end they still play gambling at leisure. it is difficult, because gambling has become part of life for people who never played.
Yes,it is very difficult but i will say it depends on the people who played gambling and willing to stop it. I stop gambling and control watever i want depends on motivation to stop .the other way is finding another things around bitcoin that will make out the gambling in your mind.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
                                ▒▒▒▒▒▒    
                              ▒   ▒▒▒▒    
                           ▒  ▒▒▒   ▒     
                          ▒▒▒  ▒▒         
             ▒▒         ▒   ▒▒            
            ▒▒▒▒      ▒▒▒▒▒               
          ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ▒▒▒▒▒▒                
        ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒       ▒▒       ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒                    ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒         ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
              ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   

STOX..

██
    ████
   ██████
  ████████
 ██████████
    ████
 ██  ██  ██
  ██    ██
   ██  ██
    ████
     ██   
ETH based Prediction Market
             Unparalleled Peer-to-Peer Trading Experience

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
   Token Sale  
  Soon to be announce

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████             ████████       ███████    ███████████    █████
█████████████████   ██████  ███████████   █████   █████████   █████   █████████
███████████████  █████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████████  ██████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
████████████  ████████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████   █████████████  ███████████████████  █████████   ███   ██████████
██████     ███████████████  ████████████         ███████    █████████    ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

WHITEPAPER
ANN
BOUNTY
teilwalL05

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:08:36 PM

If they are really addicted to gambling then it will be very difficult for them to stop it, but if they will have a special attention of a psychiatrist I think they can surely stop there addiction and go back to their normal lives, but it will need a long time of medication before you can go back in your normal ways.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:23:19 PM

maybe if you always lose it will feel bored, and lowering your passion for gambling again, slowly you will stop. I managed release it from addiction. although sometimes I play just for fun.
Doubletrade

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:32:03 PM

Looks many suggestion here are the same but no proofs if it can give a good result to stop or quit in gambling.. Maybe asking for a doctor to forgot all your memories for gambling to prevent your self ofr being addicted.. this is i think the best but risky.. they will open your brain to surgen.
mightyghz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:40:15 PM

If gambling is causing you trouble then the best thing to do is find something else fun to occupy you. Take up a hobby or learn some useful skills
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:43:53 PM

If gambling is causing you trouble then the best thing to do is find something else fun to occupy you. Take up a hobby or learn some useful skills

But when gambling already occupied you for quite some time and your mindset is that one day you'll win against the odds, then it's hard to break that habit and hard to find a new hobby to occupy most of your time. With it, you'll need to consult a psychiatrist in regards with your problem or take a family member's advice about your situation.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:57:16 PM

But when gambling already occupied you for quite some time and your mindset is that one day you'll win against the odds, then it's hard to break that habit and hard to find a new hobby to occupy most of your time. With it, you'll need to consult a psychiatrist in regards with your problem or take a family member's advice about your situation.
Well i am one of the gambling addicted before i have alternative to stop or prevent your self to gamble your money instead you will still addicted in this method.. playing online game is the best solution you will be addicted choose the game that fits to you like coc league of legends dota 2 MMORPG or counter strike. .depends of the game what you like spend your time every day 1 to 6 hour of playing can change your life..

CS:GO and Dota 2 are the online games I play to divert my attention from gambling. It is really a good game to prevent you from checking out a gambling site and spending some money to it (though I must admit that I spent already a couple hundred dollars on both games just by opening cases and buying immortals and such.)
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:00:10 PM

Well i am one of the gambling addicted before i have alternative to stop or prevent your self to gamble your money instead you will still addicted in this method.. playing online game is the best solution you will be addicted choose the game that fits to you like coc league of legends dota 2 MMORPG or counter strike. .depends of the game what you like spend your time every day 1 to 6 hour of playing can change your life..

Congratz, you manage to find a hobby/activity that you can fully engaged. However, it may not be that easy for a lot of other people as the thrill and excitement from gambling isnt that easy to be replaced with another activity. Actually dota 2 also has it own betting sites.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:05:11 PM

You can win in gambling only when you have a well thought strategy before betting and also you bet money you can afford to lose, have a lot of discipline to make this strategy work.
Basically 0% of people in the world can achieve this, but you can try. If you don't follow the rules you will play gambling without thinking and destroy yourself. Better quit.

The best I can tell you is, you will be richer and have more money in your pockets if you don't gamble at all. This one too still very difficult to achieve.
i dont think it is just that easy to stop gambling because there are allot of people who are gambling addict and they also need to go to meetings and it is also not easy to just stop with something you did almost every day you know.
teilwalL05

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:15:48 PM

You can win in gambling only when you have a well thought strategy before betting and also you bet money you can afford to lose, have a lot of discipline to make this strategy work.
Basically 0% of people in the world can achieve this, but you can try. If you don't follow the rules you will play gambling without thinking and destroy yourself. Better quit.

The best I can tell you is, you will be richer and have more money in your pockets if you don't gamble at all. This one too still very difficult to achieve.
i dont think it is just that easy to stop gambling because there are allot of people who are gambling addict and they also need to go to meetings and it is also not easy to just stop with something you did almost every day you know.

And if you are really addicted to gambling you can never get out by your own will, you will need the help of friends and relatives to do this because they will support you in recuperating your old self that is not addicted to gambling by getting you a good psychiatrist and getting this will be very expensive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: