Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69092 times)
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:28:50 AM

I also think that yourself can help you, family and yourself I think is more effective way to stop gambling if you are really addicted to it. And if you are really out of control playing gambling, the advice of your family is much more better than your friends. because sometimes some of our friends are also the once who made us more addicted in gambling. Not all, But SOME of them  Smiley

I'll say If you are really addicted to gambling you can not control yourself from playing it even in yourself you want to elude in betting you will always ending up thinking about playing gambling and yes your family and friends can help you but by giving up expenses for your medication because you will need a good psychiatrist and to be rehabilitate in order to cure you mental illness.

You really have to be aware of yourself before dealing with this. You need to figure out why is it that you want things to change. If this isn't clear yet with you then you will never be able to see this through.

Yup! by doing the change thing in yourself you need to deal first what would you truly like but in the case of addiction yourself is not in the right mind to make decision because of the addiction that you already have and I think that you will need a help from a psychiatrist in what is the right thing to do, or is you need to underwent on rehabilitation.

Then if you are really out of control in gambling, rehabilitation centre is really a good thing to do. because all of the things that is involving in gambling is not allowed inside of it so I guess this one can really help all the person that is addicted in gambling.  Smiley
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:42:00 PM

Then if you are really out of control in gambling, rehabilitation centre is really a good thing to do. because all of the things that is involving in gambling is not allowed inside of it so I guess this one can really help all the person that is addicted in gambling.  Smiley

Well I think rehabilitation centers don't really allowed any involvement of things that remind them of their addiction and that is common for them to do, and I think a good psychiatrist is needed to see if how many years or months a person is needed to be in a rehab or the kind of treatment one has needed to do in order for someone to overcome his addiction.
SafeDice Support

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 02:47:28 PM

How does one Put down Gambling for good?

One of the ways that worked for me was to invest the money in gambling sites.

Makes sense in a way, since there is risk associated with both endeavors - the difference being the timeframe (immediate vs long term consequences of actions).

Alex
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:04:42 PM

Well I think rehabilitation centers don't really allowed any involvement of things that remind them of their addiction and that is common for them to do, and I think a good psychiatrist is needed to see if how many years or months a person is needed to be in a rehab or the kind of treatment one has needed to do in order for someone to overcome his addiction.
If the patient can't control himself there's a chance that rehabilitation centers guide them to slowly stop it just like a chain smoker. They will try to let him play but slowly reducing the time of playing until he can control itself to stop.
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:18:35 PM

You can not quit gambling suddenly. You need some time and also you need to follow some methods. Make any other habit to kill your free time. If you do not control then do any other things with Bitcoin, Like trading or any other small business. Then your concentration will turn to your work. If you addict to this, then you easily forget to gamble.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:31:01 PM

If the patient can't control himself there's a chance that rehabilitation centers guide them to slowly stop it just like a chain smoker. They will try to let him play but slowly reducing the time of playing until he can control itself to stop.

Yup! I think you are talking to other kinds of method they do to rehabilitate a person from addiction but most of the time and what I see in a rehab center where my friend has been admitted all kinds of stuff that lets his addiction be active is banned inside and the attendance has given him medication, well I think there are some other methods that keeps people from their addiction.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:02:25 PM

You can not quit gambling suddenly. You need some time and also you need to follow some methods. Make any other habit to kill your free time. If you do not control then do any other things with Bitcoin, Like trading or any other small business. Then your concentration will turn to your work. If you addict to this, then you easily forget to gamble.

yes it is difficult to do directly to quit gambling. but maybe you can try it my way.
looking for a job that can get results is quite high and can make you comfortable. then you try not to play PC in a long time as one month. maybe after that you can forget about it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:03:27 AM

Yeah, I believe that too. There is no instant cure in gambling addiction. The best way is to gradually remove it out of your system. Just like you said, by focusing your attention to other things can help you. And you can seek out the help of professinals so they can guide you in quitting gambling. They are more equipped to help you out of your addiction.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:17:19 AM

Yeah, I believe that too. There is no instant cure in gambling addiction. The best way is to gradually remove it out of your system. Just like you said, by focusing your attention to other things can help you. And you can seek out the help of professinals so they can guide you in quitting gambling. They are more equipped to help you out of your addiction.

Actually, if you are not attached to much to gambling, quitting could be done by just saying no to your self each time you want gamble, but if you've already waste resources to gambling, a new source of it could help, and with the help of your family if you already told them about your addiction, that's a bit easier, professional help is needed if you can't resist it anymore or you have hard time listening to your family and close friends..
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:20:56 AM

you must first leave forever. you should really forget about gambling. change our mindset that gambling can make us fall into poverty. and after that you should never try again to play gambling.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:22:40 AM

you must first leave forever. you should really forget about gambling. change our mindset that gambling can make us fall into poverty. and after that you should never try again to play gambling.

I agree with you, we must tell to ourselves that gambling won't make us rich. We won't be successful if we earn that way. Tell yourself that gambling is just made for fun and not a way to earn money.

It is hard to forget gambling if you enjoy doing it so i prefer just gamble sometimes for fun and don't expect to earn money after you play.
razdva

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:12:18 AM

If you're talking about online gambling, you can request a ban on whatever site you gamble on. I believe most, if not all, gambling sites will IP ban you if you contact them and explain that you have a gambling problem.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:27:00 AM

Well, al of us is aware that bitcoin could result to poverty if you have no control, but to really quit from gambling, one must have a stable job or a source of income if he considers gambling as a job. When you have a day job, it will be hard to you to atleast dedicate an hour to gambling.

BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:53:12 AM

As of today i started to forgot the password of my Bitcoin wallet not because i quit using Bitcoin but to not able to use it to send Bitcoin to any gambling wallet address. I will just check every expected Bitcoin if it arrives in my Bitcoin wallet using my email address. I think what i did is the best way to avoid gambling for good. I will still gamble but i will only use the faucet of every Bitcoin site i am playing.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:46:59 PM

If you're talking about online gambling, you can request a ban on whatever site you gamble on. I believe most, if not all, gambling sites will IP ban you if you contact them and explain that you have a gambling problem.

Never knew of this that there's a certain solution like an ultimatum for a person get addicted into it. A good idea and this must be put in all homepage of gambling sites. Like saying "we will help you avoid gambling if your addiction came at worst point"
nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:17:36 PM

Never knew of this that there's a certain solution like an ultimatum for a person get addicted into it. A good idea and this must be put in all homepage of gambling sites. Like saying "we will help you avoid gambling if your addiction came at worst point"
not so good because it will decrease the user of each gambling site and gambling owners that doing business for gambling don't want it to happen. There's a high chance they will tolerate addiction because that will bring more money for them.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:27:48 PM

i dont think that it would help too much, thats like putting the text on cigarette packets, it just doesnt help when person is addicted to it, i think person should somehow take his mind from it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:31:01 PM

I wanted to quit Gambling first, because I knew I'll one day deposit all I have in my wallet and loose it. So I just looked up for gambling sites with faucets, where I can gamble safely playing with low amounts. This is how I "quit" - I'm basically playing with nothing, but one day I can win big! Smiley
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:19:58 AM

Best way to stop gambling is to search for a other hobby because this will distract you from gambling so that you eventually forget about it.
Especially of you are losing in the long run there is no reason to keep on gambling.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:16:33 AM

You will need to let your family help you with managing your money it is not wrong to gamble sometimes but make sure that you only give out a certain amount of money per month.
This is so that you are sure that you are not going to be broke and that you still have money to pay bills and buy food.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: