Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69093 times)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:41:16 PM

Gambling is like disease , i personally feel that from the time i am involved in crypto currency from that time only i have been gambling , means when i have bitcoins in hand , i gamble it and get them all lost. so the best way what i feel is that dont keep money in your hands or atleast make them somewhat difficult to reach that is the best strategy to quit gambling.
if we had been playing gambling then we will be hard to stop. playing gambling cause addiction that is difficult to stop. yes the best way to stop is by not holding the money in our bitcoin wallet. The careful way.
BitTyper

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:45:47 PM

Try to remain busy in some activities with that you will be away from gambling, and try to get money from some other source gambling is not the place to earn money.
Gambler107

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:49:28 PM

Try to remain busy in some activities with that you will be away from gambling, and try to get money from some other source gambling is not the place to earn money.
That method dont work i tried that method better to try changing with your set mind like playing pokemon go..
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:03:15 PM

That method dont work i tried that method better to try changing with your set mind like playing pokemon go..

If that application is not banned in your country maybe it can help but I think many gamblers that are aiming for the cash money will still play gambling, gamblers will always be gamblers they will still prefer a game or something that they will get instant or extra money from it! and I know someone that tries every kind of online gambling format there is.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:10:22 PM

If that application is not banned in your country maybe it can help but I think many gamblers that are aiming for the cash money will still play gambling, gamblers will always be gamblers they will still prefer a game or something that they will get instant or extra money from it! and I know someone that tries every kind of online gambling format there is.

Addicted in gambling will always make way just to gamble because some of them are totally earning money because of it and we cannot deny it, so that, they are still playing gambling. Some of them are just really addicted to it with no reason.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:23:26 PM

Addicted in gambling will always make way just to gamble because some of them are totally earning money because of it and we cannot deny it, so that, they are still playing gambling. Some of them are just really addicted to it with no reason.

anybody who is really addicted to gambling knows himself because it is obvious enough when you keep losing money and keep coming back. so unless they start wanting to give it up on themselves i don't see any solution for their problem. they are the only ones who can help themselves.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

anybody who is really addicted to gambling knows himself because it is obvious enough when you keep losing money and keep coming back. so unless they start wanting to give it up on themselves i don't see any solution for their problem. they are the only ones who can help themselves.

Like you said they are getting back even if they have lost a lot in gambling who in their right minds would still be back when they have taste defeat on gambling? so why would you say that addicted gamblers should know on themselves that they are the only one who could help themselves if they don't know what exactly they are doing? I think if you know a person or you have a friend that are addicted with gambling you should help him in any help you can give! 
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:10:24 PM

Gambling is like disease , i personally feel that from the time i am involved in crypto currency from that time only i have been gambling , means when i have bitcoins in hand , i gamble it and get them all lost. so the best way what i feel is that dont keep money in your hands or atleast make them somewhat difficult to reach that is the best strategy to quit gambling.
I also lose in gambling and my method of quitting is letting things sink in first then after that take a deep thought to realize that there are people who lose more than what you lost and if you continue you might and up losing half of a million of money you earn. So I ask myself if I'm willing to stake that part and I said NO. That's why I can manage to control myself now.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:24:02 AM

Agree, people who has addicted in gambling they are also the once who can really help themselves to quit in it, because they really know themselves and they can also know how to quit but I guess some of them just really don't want to make a move to quit. Yes, we all know ourselves; we all know what we wanted in life. But some of us really don’t have a control, which will always be a problem.
anil k s

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:48:53 AM

Quitting gambling is not easy it is like a drug's easy to addict difficult to quit.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:11:32 AM

Agree, people who has addicted in gambling they are also the once who can really help themselves to quit in it, because they really know themselves and they can also know how to quit but I guess some of them just really don't want to make a move to quit. Yes, we all know ourselves; we all know what we wanted in life. But some of us really don’t have a control, which will always be a problem.
You can help yourself by the healing process will take long, you should also ask help from your family and admit that you are addict so you will be subjected with change. It is only your family can help you in times of trouble to get strength from them to completely quit.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:18:53 AM

Quitting gambling is not easy it is like a drug's easy to addict difficult to quit.

Well, that's not true...Gambling is not like drugs..gambling can be controlled if you want to, while drugs, if you get addicted, you cannot control yourself until the effect subsides..Gambling too, if you want to cure your addiction, it doesn't take long and when you were free from it, it leaves no side effect in your brain, while drugs always has a side effect even if yo were already rehabilitated..Some residues also are still in your blood..
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:21:13 AM

Well, that's not true...Gambling is not like drugs..gambling can be controlled if you want to, while drugs, if you get addicted, you cannot control yourself until the effect subsides..Gambling too, if you want to cure your addiction, it doesn't take long and when you were free from it, it leaves no side effect in your brain, while drugs always has a side effect even if yo were already rehabilitated..Some residues also are still in your blood..
I think gambling addiction is more dangerous than drugs because in gambling you can lose all your money, your properties and even your family. While in drugs you will only destroy your health of being high all the time.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:34:40 AM

This is what I usually do to quit gambling for good what you really need is to recover some of your loss first or may be fully recover everything thay you loss before. I dont think what you people thinking but that is what I do in order to quit it for real because without some recovery people wont quit it because they have something yo be earned back and without it I dont really think people can really quit it
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:37:04 AM

I think gambling addiction is more dangerous than drugs because in gambling you can lose all your money, your properties and even your family. While in drugs you will only destroy your health of being high all the time.

Well, atleast in gambling, sometimes there are winning days as they say ( the ball is round ) so some of your days are lucky that what you've used as capital in your bankroll has multiply, while in drugs, what you've invested was turned into smoke and gone, and in gambling, you are aware of what you are doing and you know the feeling or you are freely thinking, while in drugs, you are like a zombie ( as they said )
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:55:04 AM

You will need to get some professional help because I do not really know how to get someone to with with gambling.
That person is going to guide you and you should approach it the best way.
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:18:10 AM

Well it's real hard for people to quit gambling for good.I was addicted but day by day i lost too much.I lost money that i can't afford to lose.Then I realize i need to quit otherwise i will make my life horrible.Man can do anything they want's.First you need to admit that you need to do something in your life.Only you can change yourself.If you don't want that change no one can change it.This is what i felt.Life is so good when you don't gamble for money.Gambling should be considered as just for fun.If you're too much addicted with gambling you should talk with someone who gives people confident and A way to come out from this.

setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:23:14 AM

You will need to get some professional help because I do not really know how to get someone to with with gambling.
Yes, with the help from well experienced trainer, I too believe one gambler would be able to quit his gambling addictions. But without help from any external help from other people, I mean to say only having self-confident will not help any gambler to come out of gambling in that much easier way.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:25:29 AM

you don/t, either you win or you learn a lesson.
I had once thought of quiting but its my urge to gamble thats keeps me coming back. but now i cant control my money
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:51:04 AM

I think that he needs to find a other hobby something that is going to keep you busy and will become part of your life so that you do not have time to gamble.
I think that it will help allot you find the right hobby for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: