Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77022 times)
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:21:01 PM

Woooow.. The announcement isn't even there and the price has gone crazy, how did that happen and what does that do with the price afterwards. Damn!
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:40:56 PM

20 minutes.

Will the news be presented here in this post or anywhere else?

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:42:58 PM

20 minutes.

Will the news be presented here in this post or anywhere else?

You are in the right place
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 02:56:26 PM

Drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllll.................

Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:59:59 PM

nethack

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:15:44 PM

hhmmm new coin reborn? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Undecided
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:30:47 PM

I seriously dont understand anything I read there. Way too complicated for me to understand the concept of why silk would go toe to toe with DRKSLK.

But that might just be me.
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:33:40 PM

Hmmm, not really any news in that. That was the plan for awhile now. I think I will wait for Darksilk as it seems to me it will still be superior to silk. Looking forward to the Darksilk ICO. Until then, have fun with all the PnD going on.

I am sure Polo is glad since they just made a shitload in fees off this. LOL.
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:34:10 PM

Are there any dates known?
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:37:21 PM

I seriously dont understand anything I read there. Way too complicated for me to understand the concept of why silk would go toe to toe with DRKSLK.

So what you’re saying is Silk is the asset that backs darksilk (the currency). A two coin system

I try to find something that relates to me, and since i am a plumber we have something called Thermal Expansion. In the plumbing world, Thermal expansion happens when water is heated, it expands and needs somewhere to go. It takes up more room in the pipe and needs a place to go or it creates un-needed stress/pressure on all pipes and appliance. Its like having high blood pressure. So we install a thermal expansion tank to absorb the times when the water expands.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but it appears that Silk is the “expansion tank” that will keep the price of darksilk in equilibrium. The goal is to create a stable currency, and to do this we’ve implemented a binary coin system to move the flow away (price fluctuations) from darksilk.
water gets heated takes more room more pressure on the tank
market cap rises (more darksilk) more pressure on silk(higher price)

water cools down, market cap decreases
volume water drops volume supply darksilk drops
air in tank increases, silk collateral increases
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:43:37 PM

So what you’re saying is Silk is the asset that backs darksilk (the currency). A two coin system

I try to find something that relates to me, and since i am a plumber we have something called Thermal Expansion. In the plumbing world, Thermal expansion happens when water is heated, it expands and needs somewhere to go. It takes up more room in the pipe and needs a place to go or it creates un-needed stress/pressure on all pipes and appliance. Its like having high blood pressure. So we install a thermal expansion tank to absorb the times when the water expands.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but it appears that Silk is the “expansion tank” that will keep the price of darksilk in equilibrium. The goal is to create a stable currency, and to do this we’ve implemented a binary coin system to move the flow away (price fluctuations) from darksilk.

That pretty much sums it up right there Smiley
So yes, basicly any excess movement in DarkSilk will be relayed to Silk. Their market capitalisation will tend to reach parity. Although DarkSilk supply will vary much, Silk supply remains more or less constant. In price, DarkSilk will remain more constant, so we can have an actual currency, and Silk price will vary much.

DarkSilk a users currency
Silk an investors asset

So if you want to buy into DarkSilk's success; Buy Silk!
If you want to use DarkSilk as a product; Buy DarkSilk!

FogHorn_LegHorn

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:46:05 PM

That pretty much sums it up right there Smiley
So yes, basicly any excess movement in DarkSilk will be relayed to Silk. Their market capitalisation will tend to reach parity. Although DarkSilk supply will very much, Silk supply remains more or less constant. In price, DarkSilk will remain more constant, so we can have an actual currency, and Silk price will vary much.

DarkSilk a users currency
Silk an investors asset

So if you want to buy into DarkSilk's success; Buy Silk!
If you want to use DarkSilk as a product; Buy DarkSilk!

Cool, yes I want the product. Release date for DarkSilk ICO?
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:48:40 PM

This announcement has never been about DarkSilk, but all about Silk and its future. Silk will be intimitely linked to DarkSilk in market cap, inseparable. If you want to check out the product got to github(it's in the OP), compile and log on to testnet Wink
FogHorn_LegHorn

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:49:46 PM

This announcement has never been about DarkSilk, but all about Silk and its future. Silk will be intimitely linked to DarkSilk in market cap, inseparable. If you want to check out the product got to github(it's in the OP), compile and log on to testnet Wink

will do. thanks.
BrotherJ

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:56:02 PM

Will the new Silk wallet be released prior to DarkSilk ICO?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:59:26 PM

No

ICO will start when we release the new Silk wallet, at the same time.

First we will make known all the details about the ICO, this will happen well in advance.
One month before DarkSilk releases is when we release the new Silk wallet and Weaver, ICO will start at that time.

edit: The thing that needs to sink into peoples mind is that the price potential of Silk is larger than DarkSilk by many factors. People just need to get their head around it Cool
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 04:12:09 PM

No

First we will make known all the details about the ICO, this will happen well in advance.
One month before DarkSilk releases is when we release the new Silk wallet and Weaver, ICO will start at that time.

edit: The thing that needs to sink into peoples mind is that the price potential of Silk is larger than DarkSilk by many factors. People just need to get their head around it Cool

Thanks for the update Orestes, that was the main thing that struck me, that the system will effect relative price parity between the SILK & DARK. I really appreciate you and the team making sure that the old Silkcoiners didn't get left behind. I think you're right, judging by the market reaction and some of the reactions in the thread, it seems that part hasn't quite hit home yet. I'm sure it will over time though and as more technical details surface.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:16:51 PM

No

Thanks for the update Orestes, that was the main thing that struck me, that the system will effect relative price parity between the SILK & DARK. I really appreciate you and the team making sure that the old Silkcoiners didn't get left behind. I think you're right, judging by the market reaction and some of the reactions in the thread, it seems that part hasn't quite hit home yet. I'm sure it will over time though and as more technical details surface.

The main point is this. For a currency to be succesful you need to have price stability. We will approach this better than any other coin. DarkSilk will have a good and stable price, while Silk can go up and down. But if you want to buy a loaf a bread today or next year or in 10 years the price should remain the same. Now what did a loaf of bread cost in BTC 3 years ago, and now? Wink
BrotherJ

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:17:32 PM

No

Thanks for the quick response. I've been holding for a long time and will continue to do so. Cool

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

No

Thanks for the quick response. I've been holding for a long time and will continue to do so. Cool

I have a nice stash myself, no worries Silk will be awesome!  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: