Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 11:58:03 AM

"Pwice is back to what is was two days agoooo wahhh wahhhhhh I want my welease wahhhhh!"

Sorry to burst your bubbles but this isn't a get rich quick scheme. Take a minute to mull that over and then stop acting like little babies.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:59:44 PM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

It means that there are new owners of Silkcoin, 50 btc doesn't just vanish just because people sell.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 01:05:33 PM

My recommendation to the Silk team, don't even bother doing anymore news announcements.  I would highly recommend doing ninja release announcements and ninja releases.

It was clearly stated what news was coming out.  This information was taken and twisted especially in the Poloniex chatroom.  The messages were there in plain sight.  Even when trying to correct the misinformation, the hype continued.

No matter what you do, things will always be hyped, always be pumped.  There will always be disappointments.  It is best to just release stuff and let everyone figure it out for themselves than to even mention anything.

As for the release of the DRKSLK ICO, I would again, recommend not saying or mentioning a specific time or date, just post it when ready.

You had good intentions Orestes, but that isn't how it was interpreted apparently.

With ninja releases, the only ones who can be disappointed are those that are late to the party.

This is a lose lose situation...  You give no info, you're the bad guy, you announce information at a specific time/date and you are still the bad guy because you created the "hype bubble" in peoples eyes.

My personal opinion is it doesn't matter to me.  I was in this a long long time ago and my opinion hasn't changed.  Unfortunately yes, the "new investors" may be feeling it but again it's crypto.  How many hundreds of times has this happened where things were hyped and pumped and the newbies get hosed.  Profit takers don't care.  But long term, people need to realize you can still win.

Here's a few examples of long term that played out: Emercoin, Solarcoin, Gamecredits

Silk Network is a long term hold folks.  Profit takers will always be there.  Don't be worried about counting pennies when in the future you'll be counting benjamins....

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:08:30 PM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

It means that there are new owners of Silkcoin, 50 btc doesn't just vanish just because people sell.

Not only that, what about the potential with only 50 BTC look what happened. Sooner or later there will be real traction from genuine investors, not taking Weaver into account. We are good, no worries Wink

My recommendation to the Silk team, don't even bother doing anymore news announcements.  I would highly recommend doing ninja release announcements and ninja releases.

It was clearly stated what news was coming out.  This information was taken and twisted especially in the Poloniex chatroom.  The messages were there in plain sight.  Even when trying to correct the misinformation, the hype continued.

No matter what you do, things will always be hyped, always be pumped.  There will always be disappointments.  It is best to just release stuff and let everyone figure it out for themselves than to even mention anything.

As for the release of the DRKSLK ICO, I would again, recommend not saying or mentioning a specific time or date, just post it when ready.

You had good intentions Orestes, but that isn't how it was interpreted apparently.

With ninja releases, the only ones who can be disappointed are those that are late to the party.

This is a lose lose situation...  You give no info, you're the bad guy, you announce information at a specific time/date and you are still the bad guy because you created the "hype bubble" in peoples eyes.

My personal opinion is it doesn't matter to me.  I was in this a long long time ago and my opinion hasn't changed.  Unfortunately yes, the "new investors" may be feeling it but again it's crypto.  How many hundreds of times has this happened where things were hyped and pumped and the newbies get hosed.  Profit takers don't care.  But long term, people need to realize you can still win.

Here's a few examples of long term that played out: Emercoin, Solarcoin, Gamecredits

Silk Network is a long term hold folks.  Profit takers will always be there.  Don't be worried about counting pennies when in the future you'll be counting benjamins....

Thank you, will take this into account. The good thing is we showed potential! We were seen on poloniex, today the bad guy tomorrow the hero.
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:18:06 PM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?
Can you answer me what Silk is to you when talking about the Silk Network?

I'll run you through to see if you get the picture.

Could you just answer the question.. what happened at the end of the countdown? This wasn't just your post the devs said release mid this month.. so what was the countdown for?
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 01:21:28 PM

Extremely poor form.

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?

Could you just answer the question.. what happened at the end of the countdown? This wasn't just your post the devs said release mid this month.. so what was the countdown for?

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 01:27:33 PM

Thanks for taking what I said into account Orestes.

Even if you guys came out and said - everything will be released in the next 6 months, that would not give a time/date target and people would keep this on their radar, no hype would be created.

Again, that's hypothetical, but it's about as vague as ninja launches.

Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:27:44 PM

At the end of the countdown an image was presented, it's up to you what to think of it. Up until that point in time we would let nothing loose about the future of Silk. Although we have been toying with it for some time. Why now? Because we are closer to release, although we can not give firm dates on developer's request. But we do need to take the public into consideration. It is important to let it be known to everyone what the deal is with the Silk Network platform, before release.

It will take time to let everything sink in, I know this. To share information at launch would not give the community the proper time to digest. Even now we are withholding the exact workings of it for several reasons. One being that we do not want others to go the same route, more importantly we do not want to overload the community with imagery and abstract models. That comes later when we all know what to expect.

For now it is important to know that Silk is more than an essential component it's our trump card.

About release dates given by devs, if it didnt come from me, discard it and let them do the dev'ing
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 02:12:31 PM

Very good orestes, keep up with the good work!
and about the ninja releases, i fully agree with the idea.. let these weak hands get out.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 02:50:02 PM

I see a lot of negativity floating around Poloniex chatroom.  Folks you need to stick to the forum and get the facts from here, not from someone in a chatroom...

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:07:55 PM

cryptotrader26 - you are bringing back memories...  Hell I remember when DASH was first released aka Darkcoin.  Been a long time.  Best one I ever lost in was Cloak.  One of the best PnD ever....  Got steamrolled by that.  You live and learn and move on.

EDIT: Cloak went from a couple thousand sats to close to 700k sats.  That was a PnD.  What happened to Silk was not a real PnD.

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:47:03 PM

FYI, orders are building back up.  The market is not naive and knows exactly what is going on.  Let the dust settle first.

Cryptotrader26

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 04:13:16 PM

Drizzle good ol' days. Crypto has evolved since. Really looking forward to both Silk and Darksilk developments.
Regarding the market - I'm sure price will recover to fair levels next week and go from there. This price increase with this low volume compared to the rest of the market is nothing but promising for me Grin
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 04:46:32 PM

Drizzle good ol' days. Crypto has evolved since. Really looking forward to both Silk and Darksilk developments.
Regarding the market - I'm sure price will recover to fair levels next week and go from there. This price increase with this low volume compared to the rest of the market is nothing but promising for me Grin

Yep, it's right back to where is was (before being emotionally fueled)

Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:07:43 PM

FYI, orders are building back up.  The market is not naive and knows exactly what is going on.  Let the dust settle first.

Exactly what is needed, time for dust to settle while orders build up. Gives investors piece of mind so we can discuss the project with confidence, afteral this is bitcointalk.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:42:36 PM

I don't need to discuss my reasons with you: and you will not buy anything from me.
So don't worry
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:08:48 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 08:36:53 PM by traK4Ubitl

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

Oh sorry for misunderstanding the talk of a July release and a pending countdown subsequently to nothing... As the release they were talking about.  Investors beware of this coin. As previously noted they have a hard time keeping a block explorer up and is now the third botched release (announced and then never happened) that I've read that everyone here fuds and says doesn't not exist... We never said that.. get out of here you troll..

If this is the way this is run I have great concerns (as previous) about entrusting the entire silkcoin chain to their 3rd party exchange (the Weaver) remembering folks.. that if you want to keep your silk, you'll need to withdraw all of it from poloniex and your wallets and give it all to this team... Think about it for a sec.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:17:49 PM

Extremely poor form.

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

Oh sorry for misunderstanding the talk of a July release and a pending countdown subsequently to nothing... As the release they were talking about.  Investors beware of this coin. As previously noted they have a hard time keeping a block explorer up and is now the third botched release (announced and then never happened) that I've read that everyone here fuds and says doesn't not exist... We never said that.. get out of here you troll..

If this is the way this is run I have great concerns (as previous) about entrusting the entire silkcoin chain to their 3rd party exchange (the Weaver) remembering folks.. that if you want to keep your silk, you'll need to withdraw all of it from poloniex and your wallets and give it all to this team... Think about it for a sec.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words, hahahahahahaha

You are everything that is wrong with the cryptosphere my friend (I say friend lightly). We never announced a release of software, it was an announcement about Silk which was stated from the start by Orestes.

Also, yes, you will have to withdraw all your coins from the exchanges (that are soooooo trustworthy) and swap them on the Weaver which is developed and maintained by a public dev team.

If your keeping all your coins on Poloniex, well, your worries about security are obviously not paramount.

Oh and to confirm to everyone, yes, Silk will launch as stated, end of July.

I hope you've got some nice spices to put on those words, you might be able to get some from the caravan that is marching onwards, if your lucky.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:25:25 PM

FYI, orders are building back up.  The market is not naive and knows exactly what is going on.  Let the dust settle first.

You can say that again!

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:40:16 PM

Extremely poor form.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words, hahahahahahaha

You are everything that is wrong with the cryptosphere my friend (I say friend lightly). We never announced a release of software, it was an announcement about Silk which was stated from the start by Orestes.

Also, yes, you will have to withdraw all your coins from the exchanges (that are soooooo trustworthy) and swap them on the Weaver which is developed and maintained by a public dev team.

If your keeping all your coins on Poloniex, well, your worries about security are obviously not paramount.

Oh and to confirm to everyone, yes, Silk will launch as stated, end of July.

I hope you've got some nice spices to put on those words, you might be able to get some from the caravan that is marching onwards, if your lucky.

Man I'm not even trolling you.  And I'd love to eat my freaking words.   Please feed them to me.  Sure end of the month.  Let's do it.  In the meantime keep your dogs on a leash to avoid anymore abstract 'market enthusiam' that pisses off future investors.  The crypto community and market for this kind of thing isn't really that large..  so start acting like the devs you claim to be.

PS.  I still don't understand what the announcement was... How is it any different then what was already planned?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: