Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
Crapsy

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 10:11:55 AM

How much is the Pos Rate Earning?

I mean how is the calculations can be made by holding X amount of heat?

Thanks

HEAT is about to enter the stage again.

After a promising ICO, HEAT slumbered away in a harsh spiral of bad publicity due to a few missed ‘assumed-to-be-deadlines’ of progress. It took many months to finally launch the blockchain, and to everyone’s disappointment the chain did not perform in ways it should have. The white paper described a technically advanced concept that would shake the building blocks of the cryptoworld, but physical functionality were not just there yet.

A few months later, after hours upon hours of development and testing, the fruits are ready to be picked. The HEAT-team has managed to maintain a positive drive and while completing a concept of a stable blockchain with a working decentralized Asset Exchange, they also managed to secure a pilot program with ABN AMRO.

"April 7, 2017

After negotiations and enrolling events during the past week with ABN AMRO bank, which is the 3rd largest bank in The Netherlands, they’ve chosen us for their disruptive high tech program embracing a fairly extensive yet carefully selected list of fintech companies with whom they intend to get ahead competition in the adoption of blockchain and other disruptive technologies closely related to the banking field.

That progression of events is highly desired and fits HEAT perfectly – in that our next step would’ve in any case been the deployment of microservices. Microservices is an unique feature of HEAT, as described by the lead developer Dennis in the following words in our many banking / fintech contact meetings:

The big issue with creating custom blockchain applications for your organisation is that in most cases you’ll need skilled blockchain developers, which are hard to come by. With micro services all you need is one of your own programmers who is able to write one or more TypeScript scripts. The scripts are able to react to all the things that happen on the blockchain by simply registering an event listener, they can also do everything you can do on heat (send money, message, place order etc). Finally from a micro service you can connect to any other system or database in your organization through standard methods.

HEAT microservices, enhanced with our unique replicator model for external RDBMS such as Mysql, DB2, H2 or Berkeley, allow anyone to implement BaaS services in the HEAT public blockchain, and specifically they allow us Heat Ledger Ltd to deploy customized duplicates of the HEAT technology into corporate environments without dedicated personnel to service blockchain software in particular. This is the model we’re going to develop into full fruitition while delivering the pilot solution for ABN AMRO’s needs during the next 100 days, thus yielding us 3x leveraged benefit:

– Completion of the possibly highly lucrative bank co-op project
– Streamlined general corporate solution deployment model, and
– Considerable feature enhancement for the public HEAT blockchain

The high HEAT tps figures advertised are fit for HEAT blockchain internal corporate use already. Whereas even the highest speed data network lag between various continents of the earth AFAIK makes it impossible to disseminate p2p data globally at speeds higher than well under 20 tps in the best case scenario, the goal for the public HEAT chain of guaranteed 1000 tps 24/7 is actually designed to not be dependent on node communication lag.

Due to the replicator infrastructure as described in the HEAT White Paper we can use single node pre-matching and broadcast the bulk pre-matched tx batch to p2p network at regular intervals with sophisticated ordering automation handling any race conditions or frontrunning situations. This is some near future (~6-12 months) development that goes along with the restructuring of the p2p traffic to binary messaging (Akka). The current HEAT model allows us to deploy high speed pilot projects for organizations like ABN AMRO, as corporations use private blockchain configuration in closed environment with either single matching node or very high speed dedicated / cloud server network capable of reaching 50+ tps levels even on realtime p2p basis."

source: bitcointalkforum – Svante Lehtinen

The community has been hanging tight on a thread while waiting for the reward distribution to be re-enabled. Efforts within the community have resulted in websites, web stores, lotteries and future marketing plans for the platform. While trade volumes have been low, a rising trend can be seen after the release of a working Asset Exchange. The price has persisted above ICO level for the most of the time and with a market cap of only 2-3 million dollars, has every chance to bring the investors a nice return.

"Rewards of mining

The rewards in the HEAT system are very generous. They will be 8, 6, 4 and 2 HEAT per block during year 1, 2, 3 and 4, respectively, with an average block time of 25 seconds. This translates to 3,456 block per 24 hours (24*60*60 / 25). Currently the 8 HEAT per block are rewarded as POS (proof-of-stake) only as the POP (proof-of-presence) will not be activated until later when the size of the blockchain files has increased. Initially there was 25,000,000 HEAT. If it is assumed that only 50% of all HEAT balances are forging, then the following amount of HEAT is required to forge one block per day: 25,000,000 / 3,456 * 0.5 = 3,617 HEAT. 1 HEAT per day means 30 HEAT per month, which results in an expected monthly return of 8.3% (30 / 3,617) during the first year of operation. This is an excellent monthly return under any measure.

In addition to the POS rewards the users lurker10 and gh2 have set up a lucky node lottery for HEAT which can be watched at www.heatnodes.org. This lottery functions similar to a POP reward system, since nodes which are running the latest version of the heatledger software are randomly chosen for rewards. At the time of writing the payouts amount to 100 HEAT per day. If it is assumed that 40 nodes participate in the lottery, this results in an average expected payout per node equal to 2.5 HEAT per day. In one month this will amount to 75 HEAT or about $7.5 at current market prices. Since this return is higher than the typical monthly cost of renting a VPS, it is also profitable to run a node when participating in the lottery. If, in the future, many more nodes participate in the lottery, the ambition is to raise the rewards in the lottery from donations to continue to make it profitable to run nodes. Having a large number of nodes is important to strengthen and secure the HEAT blockchain."

source: user gh2

The new mainnet release will be published on Sunday April 16. A 3-day period is given to the community to get ready for the re-enabled (assumed to kick in on Tuesday) block rewards, so be ready and do not miss this opportunity! If you haven’t got any stake yet, you can join the venture at www.heatwallet.com.

Welcome onboard of HEAT!

If you want to share the article, the original one is at http://www.kryptovaluutat.fi/news/through-struggle-into-existency-the-journey-of-heat/

Maybe this article helps you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Technologov

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Wallet needs some GUI fixes.

For example, after entering a wrong amount in the "exchange", I got a useless error message.

"Place Big Order:"
"misc error"
..and No Cancel button !!!! OMG !!!

And then I see "balance: ? HEAT", and "balance: ? BTC" on that same page.

Using Heatclient_Setup_1.0.6 -- on Windows 7.
verymuchso

Activity: 421

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:38:15 PM

NEW VERSION 1.0.0-b1 - REWARDS ENABLED AGAIN

Heatledger 1.0.0-b1 - All systems GO! Rewards back on..

Heat Ledger 1.0.0-b1 (server)

This is a mandatory update, every one must update to this version before we reach the block with height 232,000.
At this height the protocol will start rewarding accounts that find a block again. Block 232,000 is expected in three
days from the moment of this release.

This version comes with a new byte format for the central blockchain/blocks file which is basically the physical blockchain
inside HEAT. Because of the nature of the HEAT blockchain being a flat (memory mapped) file (instead of a database)
a migration from one to the other format proved difficult. An easier solution was if users delete their current chain and
download a new one from the network.

When running this version for a first time we automatically delete and redownload blockchain/blocks, this happens only once.

To make this process as safe as possible we've added two full chain checkpoints at height 185,000 and one at height 221,250.
While you download and you reach that height a digital finger print (SHA256) of all previous blocks is created and compared
to the finger print we hard coded in the source code.

This release disables heat.forgingDelay and heat.forgingSpeedup configuration options, this should equalize forging changes.

Various other smaller bug fixes have been applied to this release.

https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatledger/releases/tag/v1.0.0-b1

airgonomike

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:26:29 PM

NEW VERSION 1.0.0-b1 - REWARDS ENABLED AGAIN

Heatledger 1.0.0-b1 - All systems GO! Rewards back on..

Heat Ledger 1.0.0-b1 (server)

This is a mandatory update, every one must update to this version before we reach the block with height 232,000.
At this height the protocol will start rewarding accounts that find a block again. Block 232,000 is expected in three
days from the moment of this release.

This version comes with a new byte format for the central blockchain/blocks file which is basically the physical blockchain
inside HEAT. Because of the nature of the HEAT blockchain being a flat (memory mapped) file (instead of a database)
a migration from one to the other format proved difficult. An easier solution was if users delete their current chain and
download a new one from the network.

When running this version for a first time we automatically delete and redownload blockchain/blocks, this happens only once.

To make this process as safe as possible we've added two full chain checkpoints at height 185,000 and one at height 221,250.
While you download and you reach that height a digital finger print (SHA256) of all previous blocks is created and compared
to the finger print we hard coded in the source code.

This release disables heat.forgingDelay and heat.forgingSpeedup configuration options, this should equalize forging changes.

Various other smaller bug fixes have been applied to this release.

https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatledger/releases/tag/v1.0.0-b1

Nice! Thanks.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:59:24 PM

cant start mining, the button is enabled, but pressing the button the menu didnt appear.

blockchain download is super fast :-)
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:37:47 PM

DESKTOP Windows + Linux RELEASE

This is the desktop version that contains Heat Ledger 1.0.0-b1.

https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases/tag/v1.0.17

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:40:48 PM

cant start mining, the button is enabled, but pressing the button the menu didnt appear.

Use the one we just released. And wait until your blockchain is fully downloaded before you start mining.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:42:24 PM

Use the one we just released. And wait until your blockchain is fully downloaded before you start mining.
Check that the API key is disabled, otherwise the "start mining" button wont work.

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

for what is that parameter?

heat.enableFakeForging = true
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:46:15 PM

I have quite a lot of HEAT which I have not touched since the ICO and while I am happy that the price recently went significantly up I find it a bit scary that it is impossible to sell this HEAT without making the price collapse. Also some of my HEAT is in the wallet and I have access to it after typing the passphrase but the other part is on C-CEX and I can not transfer it out. Probably lot of people are in such situation, they can not sell part of their HEAT because it is stuck. When this will be fixed? I understand you do not want for everyone to dump at once, but even if this happens after C-CEX launches HEAT the price will recover, so why not let people sell?
I am happy to buy on c-cex. PM me if you wish to sell. Maybe we can agree on a price
Tradingriver

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:09:42 PM

is there a way to forge without signed in? At the moment the wallet would be open and my funds can send in 1 sec.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:19:03 PM

Look who is the current number 1 top 24 hour performer  Smiley

The volume picked up nicely when the new release was announced. We might get a busy week when the rewards are enabled.
Kazadar

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:20:04 PM

is there a way to forge without signed in? At the moment the wallet would be open and my funds can send in 1 sec.
You could run the standalone server. Its a bit more technical but not much.

Soon we should also have balance leasing, which will allow you to forge without the node having direct access to your HEAT.

Tradingriver

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:28:07 PM

You could run the standalone server. Its a bit more technical but not much.

Soon we should also have balance leasing, which will allow you to forge without the node having direct access to your HEAT.

tx for the info!
Tradingriver

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:55:48 PM

on the desktop node how can i check if the node is properly working?
Kazadar

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:22:01 PM

on the desktop node how can i check if the node is properly working?
There are several ways.
If you are using the standalone server, you need to edit the mining command to
http://localhost:7733/api/v1/mining/info/...

If you are using the wallet, it should give you the three numbers for remaining, deadline and hittime.

You can also check your IP
Here:
https://heatbrowser.com/report.html
And here:
https://heatwallet.com/nodes.cgi

Usually you are okay, if you are at the correct blockheihgt and you get the three numbers for forging.

markatgraza

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:43:02 PM

Is the heat addy the one at the top right corner of the wallet with the# in front of it. Is that where you send coins to

Also is this back to mining again where you can earn heat

Yeah that's your HEAT address. You can only buy it on the exchange in wallet by sending BTC. As far as I can tell withdrawal from the exchanges isn't functional yet. I have a hung withdrawal from Alcurex.

Still looking for some assistance with starting the wallet server on Windows so I can stake. Anyone? The error I get is:

Code:
"[SERVER] command >> bin\\heatledger.bat"
"[SERVER] cwd >> C:\\Users\\j-digop\\AppData\\Local\\Heatwallet\\app-1.0.1\\resources\\heatledger"
"[SERVER] pid >> undefined"
"[SPAWN EXIT] spawn C:\\Windows\\system32\\cmd.exe ENOENT"

not connected with network. could be firewall, vpn, or whatever impossible to say

Anybody got this error fixed? I tried everything (jdk, firewall) but it still says the same as above.
AND01

Activity: 199

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:16:47 AM

can try to contact the chinese exchange btc38.com
BTC38, China's largest altcoin exchange
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:40:49 AM

Can anybody write in detail what will the earnings be if you stake HEAT?

And please, only post an detailed and clear picture of this. I might attract some new people that want to get on board.

I do think this should also be on the website, to see investors the nice returns HEAT can give with staking.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 04:14:15 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 05:18:58 AM by Crapsy

Is the heat addy the one at the top right corner of the wallet with the# in front of it. Is that where you send coins to

Also is this back to mining again where you can earn heat

Yeah that's your HEAT address. You can only buy it on the exchange in wallet by sending BTC. As far as I can tell withdrawal from the exchanges isn't functional yet. I have a hung withdrawal from Alcurex.

Still looking for some assistance with starting the wallet server on Windows so I can stake. Anyone? The error I get is:

Code:
"[SERVER] command >> bin\\heatledger.bat"
"[SERVER] cwd >> C:\\Users\\j-digop\\AppData\\Local\\Heatwallet\\app-1.0.1\\resources\\heatledger"
"[SPAWN EXIT] spawn C:\\Windows\\system32\\cmd.exe ENOENT"

not connected with network. could be firewall, vpn, or whatever impossible to say

Anybody got this error fixed? I tried everything (jdk, firewall) but it still says the same as above.

I've seen this when systems have installed a 32-bit java instead of 64-bit.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: