Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234117 times)
grzem

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:07:29 PM

How to extract privkey?
Why did I get more than twice blackbytes than bytes?

Since 2 years https://cryptox.pl low fees, no KYC.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 06:39:06 PM

How to extract privkey?

Private keys are derived from seed that you find in the wallet settings.
Total supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times larger than that of bytes.

Simplicity is beauty
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 06:40:37 PM

How to extract privkey?
(should work the same as other wallets. dev or someone else will pipe in if its wrong)

you can extract privkeys from wallet by going to help/debug then typing this in the console.

dumpprivkey THEADDRESSYOUWANTKEYTO

You need to do this for each wallet address you want to keep. (put your wallet addy in place of THEADDRESSYOUWANTKEYTO) when you get them and want to import them into a new/different wallet.dat goto help/debug and type

importprivkey PRIVKEYYOUGOTFROMDUMPING

close the wallet and restart it with -rescan  and should be all good.
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 06:41:16 PM

Hey Guys,
 New to the community here,two quick questions:

1. Is there a SECURE paper wallet generator for main net (or will there be?).
2. Besides the seed, what else do you need to back up to create a back up? And how/where do you do it?

Thank you,
    Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 06:57:43 PM

Hey Guys,

2. Besides the seed, what else do you need to back up to create a back up? And how/where do you do it?

Thank you,
    Pablo.

There is no paper wallet generator yet.
The seed is not enough because blackbytes are stored only on your devices, not in the public database.
For both backup and security, set up multisig wallet with redundancy, 2-of-3 is best if you have 3 devices on platforms that we support.

Simplicity is beauty
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 06:59:52 PM

I'm sorry if my questions already asked before since too many posts to read and I need more time to finish it.
Is there any security issues, is it save to link bitcoin address to byteball address? Or why I should linked my btc address, what if there is no btc in the wallet, is that mean I won't get any as you said "the number of bytes and blackbytes you receive will be proportional to the BTC amount on your linked address on the launch date"
"Since early December you'll be able to link your livenet bitcoin and byteball addresses.  Livenet launches on December 25 Smiley"
I'm sorry but I don't get it what this mean, livenet bitcoin? Is that my bitcoin address or...? but it's said that launches on December 25?
Thank you for be patient and the answers. Grin
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 07:02:20 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
    Pablo.

The seed is not enough because blackbytes are stored only on your devices, not in the public database.
For both backup and security, set up multisig wallet with redundancy, 2-of-3 is best if you have 3 devices on platforms that we support.

Hey,
  Thanks for getting back. Just to be clear, if I do not have any black byte TX's the seed is enough to back up all my regular TX's from device to device? Am I understanding correctly that in the case of blackbytes your solution is to have redundant access?

Final question: Do you plan to have a marketplace by the December 25th launch, or will trades be OTC? I am interested in acquiring some if possible but I do not invest in BTC, only altcoins,.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
grzem

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 07:07:32 PM

I know it was discussed earlier this thread, but how one can know how to transfer blackbytes, there is only info "by clicking links on the chat", and there is no chat.

Since 2 years https://cryptox.pl low fees, no KYC.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:05:43 PM

Is there any security issues, is it save to link bitcoin address to byteball address? Or why I should linked my btc address, what if there is no btc in the wallet, is that mean I won't get any as you said "the number of bytes and blackbytes you receive will be proportional to the BTC amount on your linked address on the launch date"

As long as you keep control of your addresses, I don't see how there could be any security issue to compromise your address ...

Yes if there is no balance on the BTC address when the snapshot takes place, the address won't be counted in the distribution, so after linking make sure the address is funded.

"Since early December you'll be able to link your livenet bitcoin and byteball addresses.  Livenet launches on December 25 Smiley"
I'm sorry but I don't get it what this mean, livenet bitcoin? Is that my bitcoin address or...? but it's said that launches on December 25?

Yes it is your Bitcoin address. Days from now (early December), you'll be able to link real Bitcoin addresses (only testnet Bitcoin linking was enabled in the past phase), and you'll be able to be included in the snapshot that'll take place on December 25.

Thank you for be patient and the answers. Grin

You are welcome, I hope it helps.

I know it was discussed earlier this thread, but how one can know how to transfer blackbytes, there is only info "by clicking links on the chat", and there is no chat.

You need to pair devices to be able to transfer blackbytes, one device can request a payment from the other via the chat interface, you then click on the request and the blackbytes are sent.

logictense

Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 09:37:21 PM

CLAM successor? Any plans to move forward with ETH XMR FCT integration? Im curious to hear if there are any interops planned with altcoin blockchains that carry intrinsic value, besides btc of course.

tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 09:59:23 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
    Pablo.

Hey,
  Thanks for getting back. Just to be clear, if I do not have any black byte TX's the seed is enough to back up all my regular TX's from device to device?
It would be enough if we had an easy way to import the seed.

Am I understanding correctly that in the case of blackbytes your solution is to have redundant access?
Correct.

Final question: Do you plan to have a marketplace by the December 25th launch, or will trades be OTC? I am interested in acquiring some if possible but I do not invest in BTC, only altcoins,.
About exchanges, not clear yet.  I'll announce if there are any confirmed agreements with exchanges.

Simplicity is beauty
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 10:10:25 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
    Pablo.

Hey,
  Thanks for getting back. Just to be clear, if I do not have any black byte TX's the seed is enough to back up all my regular TX's from device to device?

Am I understanding correctly that in the case of blackbytes your solution is to have redundant access?
Correct.

About exchanges, not clear yet.  I'll announce if there are any confirmed agreements with exchanges.

Thanks for helping me out.

So currently how would you import the seed? Is it hard or impossible? I am trying to gauge how to secure my investment on release as I am not convinced by the redundant access theory TBH. A secure paper wallet generator would really solve most of my issues.

Thank you for you time Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
anehh

Activity: 600
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:34:07 PM

What is the difference between Byteball test and Byteball TN, because I test both can installs in the same android
Templer

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:43:53 PM

Somehow i cant link my BTC adress to my Byteball wallet? Theres only the faucet and the Pizza bot. Please help.  Huh
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 11:21:38 PM

What is the difference between Byteball test and Byteball TN, because I test both can installs in the same android

Forget about "Byteball test", it runs on the old testnet that is now discontinued.  I removed "Byteball test" from Google Play to avoid confusion, use only TN version now.

Simplicity is beauty
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:32:27 PM

This sounds like a real interesting project, not sure how it slipped my radar but from now on im in.
Consider me a byteballer.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 11:32:53 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
    Pablo.

Hey,

Correct.

So currently how would you import the seed? Is it hard or impossible? I am trying to gauge how to secure my investment on release as I am not convinced by the redundant access theory TBH. A secure paper wallet generator would really solve most of my issues.

Pablo.

It is possible but rather involved.
One way to restore from the seed is by installing the headless wallet https://github.com/byteball/headless-byteball.  It stores the seed in a file keys.json in its data directory.  Run the wallet once to see the format of the file (it'll generate new keys the first time it runs), then delete all data and recreate keys.json from your saved seed.  It should see the balance, then you can move the entire balance from the headless to a GUI wallet via chat commands.

Simplicity is beauty
Ghoom

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:50:28 PM

"Uncaught exception: ReferenceError: Network is not defined" when I buy pizza with byteball-TN 0.7t. And app crash (MacOS).
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 12:00:45 AM

Hey Guys,

Thank you,
    Pablo.

Hey,

Correct.

Pablo.

It is possible but rather involved.
One way to restore from the seed is by installing the headless wallet https://github.com/byteball/headless-byteball.  It stores the seed in a file keys.json in its data directory.  Run the wallet once to see the format of the file (it'll generate new keys the first time it runs), then delete all data and recreate keys.json from your saved seed.  It should see the balance, then you can move the entire balance from the headless to a GUI wallet via chat commands.

Perfect, thank  you!

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:27:47 AM

Great, looking forward to the livenet wallet... I hope it will be available some time in the next week? Then we will have 2+ weeks to link our bitcoin wallets and resolve any issues it may occur...
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: