Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:53:30 AM

I agree, it is a good idea. With the existence of the bitcoin bank then everything got better. We all know that the institution of the bank holds a very strong influence for the world economy,

..........///....../////..........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
artows21

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:35:38 AM

Yes I think the idea is not good because who will mange this? And how it will be controlled? We have already things as coin base that allowed us to "keep" our money so I think it will be useless. Moreover if it's really a bank we will have to pay taxes maybe and lots of people as me won't be agree with this idea.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 11:53:23 AM

I think there is no need, this is because if the existence of the bitcoin banks then will make bitcoin same with fiat money. In addition, the price will be in full control of the bank by making it unprofitable.

It is possible, but on the second thought, they can't dictate the price of bitcoin as many will protest when that happens. Anyway, I think we need a bitcoin bank, but they should have a purpose same as the real life banks. They should offer loans and other things that real banks offered. If they would just function like exchanges, then those banks will be a failure  Smiley

They might fail as banks, but necessarily as exchanges

In fact, there are a few projects which have the word bank as part of their name (e.g. ChronoBank and CoinsBank). I don't know anything about the former (ChronoBank) but the latter (CoinsBank) started as an exchange (back then it was called Bit-X). As said many times already, loaning bitcoins is not a viable idea presently, but the major reason why they began pretending to be a bank was issuing Bitcoin payment cards. Some established web wallets (like Coinbase and Xapo) do the same, but they don't pretend to be banks. Perhaps, there are other services offered by web wallets and not by exchanges which could be construed as bank services that would allow us to consider them as Bitcoin banks, to a certain degree
Banks that we are talking here are definitely not the bank in the real world which accept fiat as deposits and investment, it's hard to mixed this two as bitcoin has no value as currency since it is just considered as payment system. Also, if there will be banks that will accept with bitcoin, it would not happen very easy, that must be carefully studied by the Central Banks in order to devise a more specific rules and regulations to be followed.

For now, exchanges is the only bank we have and we can still enjoy the benefits of using it to safeguard our assets and to do our primary aim to transact.

I'm sure there are countries that will be happy to make policy on banking system integrated with bitcoin, we could see the Swiss bank conducting privacy policy to normal bank, it's not difficult for government to adopt bitcoin as a promising state benefits. No need to worry with attackers from a large group, because policy can never be interfered by other countries.
bloodnest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:32:47 PM

This is something I'd strongly disagree with. Perhaps it would be okay if Bitcoins was accepted as some sort of side-service by a financial institution like a bank and that "bank" respects the autonomy of its clients, but having one I guess that kind of forces people to aggregate especially if it's some kind of national one and go through it in order to use bitcoins would defeat the purpose of a decentralized system. It'll be collecting information and having walls for you to need go through before having access which both kind of is why we have bitcoins in the first place.
alirezadabi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 12:44:47 PM

I think this kind of money for territorial changes can be significant losses in some process of pulling something I do not agree..
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:51:41 PM

This is something I'd strongly disagree with. Perhaps it would be okay if Bitcoins was accepted as some sort of side-service by a financial institution like a bank and that "bank" respects the autonomy of its clients, but having one I guess that kind of forces people to aggregate especially if it's some kind of national one and go through it in order to use bitcoins would defeat the purpose of a decentralized system. It'll be collecting information and having walls for you to need go through before having access which both kind of is why we have bitcoins in the first place.

True,I don't agree too. It's value will have no significant difference in other guard plus that we can't barely monitor our bitcoin. There were more possibilities of reduction due to taxes. I will still choose how bitcoin is now. We can control it securely via wallets and perform transactions by our own.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:54:36 PM

Yes I think the idea is not good because who will mange this?

Those behind the service that happens to calls itself a Bitcoin bank.

And how it will be controlled?

By those behind the service that happens to calls itself a Bitcoin bank.

We have already things as coin base that allowed us to "keep" our money so I think it will be useless.

More competition between services is always a good thing for the customers. It forces these services to up their game and improve where needed in order to not fall behind. As long as it benefits the user at the end, then it's of course not 'useless'. It's basically the same when it comes to regular banks, it's not useless to have more options to choose from. Wink

if it's really a bank

It is not, and never will be.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:02:36 PM

Not for now ,I am thinking what would be the main purpose or use of bitcoin bank rather than in a bitcoin wallets . More secure and having some loans is only comes to my mind .I just waiting what new features of improvement will be and to be sure that it will not have any effect on bitcoins especially its decentralization .

Insurance, I guess? Fiat banks have that. In case that the bank gets robbed, your money would still be safe. It can be applied as the same way as bitcoins, although it would be hard to the part of the bank owners because no one (including the government) can't just print out bitcoin unlike fiat as if was magic.

A bitcoin bank can also offer you more security. You wouldn't have to secure your bitcoins anymore by setting up a wallet and doing all the precautionary measures. They will do it for you.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 01:11:25 PM

Yes I think the idea is not good because who will mange this? And how it will be controlled? We have already things as coin base that allowed us to "keep" our money so I think it will be useless. Moreover if it's really a bank we will have to pay taxes maybe and lots of people as me won't be agree with this idea

This is not the major issue with Bitcoin banks if they should spring up

As to me, the major issue will remain the same as with today's exchanges and web wallets, i.e. susceptibility to theft. Even if these banks will be our regular banks and heavily regulated by the government at that, Bitcoin itself will remain the same, that is, prone to being stolen as always. Right now it is next to impossible to steal money from a regular bank (unless the client himself does something stupid), and if something like that does actually happen (e.g. the bank gets robbed), the losses of clients are compensated. Who will compensate such losses due to Bitcoin theft in the case when the client cannot be held responsible?

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:45:52 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

Yes, I do agree with the bitcoin bank. Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular every day. Think about it, what is the best thing to do with your bitcoin is to place it into banks to make it grow. You deposit into a bitcoin banks with low interest. It's not bad. It's a good idea to have a bitcoin banks nowadays.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:53:01 AM

At the moment, these "banks" have negatives that far outweigh the positives. For one, they aren't licensed, owned or even hosted locally for most, so their government would have no control if they went scam.

For banks in their current state, you need regulation. For regulation, you can't use Bitcoin. Therefore banks are not plausible at the moment.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:57:24 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

Yes, I do agree with the bitcoin bank. Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular every day. Think about it, what is the best thing to do with your bitcoin is to place it into banks to make it grow. You deposit into a bitcoin banks with low interest. It's not bad. It's a good idea to have a bitcoin banks nowadays.
There is nothing wrong with having a bitcoin bank, it is optional for those who wanted it. It is not mandatory or requirements if ever just like having a saving account now, the only disadvantage would be the price of bitcoin will possibly hold by the government just like the rate of dollar. But, the good thing is it would become secure and legal.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:00:32 AM

Isn't our wallet the best alternative to it? you don't need to pay a visit to banks just to confirm your transactions, and the time is your best friend when it comes to interest...

All I want if a bitcoin bank is established are the loans, and other things the real life banks offered... If they can't offer those, they better close, or better yet, just name their company as exchange and not a bank...  Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 07:12:19 AM

Isn't our wallet the best alternative to it? you don't need to pay a visit to banks just to confirm your transactions, and the time is your best friend when it comes to interest...

All I want if a bitcoin bank is established are the loans, and other things the real life banks offered... If they can't offer those, they better close, or better yet, just name their company as exchange and not a bank...  Smiley

Welcome to online banking, bro

Today you don't need to walk to a bank office to confirm your transactions either. You can do everything (which doesn't involve cash, obviously) online by accessing your account through a web page at your bank site. It is basically the same as what you can do in a typical web wallet plus a lot more (e.g. you can open a deposit there, pay your bills, etc). Regarding Bitcoin loans, this seems to be impossible right now (reasons for that have been explained many times). In the future, when (if) Bitcoin is firmly established and its price settled, things might change in this regard, but we are far from that yet

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:22:45 AM

I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:30:04 AM

I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:37:31 AM

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.

Kollor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

I found it dangerous to deposit my bitcoin in a bank. Even exchanges securities are not safe from hackers, I'd rather keep it in my cold storage than moving my funds to banks. I am contented with the price movement and I think that's enough interest to me.

I think it's a long way to go before the realization of this bitcoin banks. Most of the first ones to open might need to be improved first before it can be entrusted with our bitcoin.
DrPepperJC

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:47:20 AM

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.
Bitcoin will lose a lot of advantages when only appear bitcoin bank. He will be forced to work and cooperate with the state and its institutions. So I do not think that bitcoin bank idea is good enough.
Mitcsell

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:19:48 AM

I found it dangerous to deposit my bitcoin in a bank. Even exchanges securities are not safe from hackers, I'd rather keep it in my cold storage than moving my funds to banks. I am contented with the price movement and I think that's enough interest to me.

I think it's a long way to go before the realization of this bitcoin banks. Most of the first ones to open might need to be improved first before it can be entrusted with our bitcoin.
Bitcoin banks have a lot of risks for the user. It will not be very different from Bitfinex, and at the same time, we have already seen, and who had already felt the loss on the exchange. No one wants to risk nothing.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: