Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839040 times)
ghostfaceuk

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:38:31 PM

I get back to ETH now..

Sad

hope V9 makes me get back to Zcash..

Why dont mine and hold, you dont have to sell at the time you mine, i mined a lot at price at 0.07 btc, and sell eveything on last pump  at 0.13, so just stop crying and wait

Bullshit, everyone can read graphs backwards. I wont hold before .01. Just look at the supply graph and do tell, what gives if u hold the bag now?

also not everyone can afford to hold, some people need to sell to make back the costs of the elecetric used to mine the ZEC. large scale miners with a decent income from Crypto and those have been around a while with a good stack of BTC behind them can afford to do this but not everyone (or of course those will really cheap or free electric, those lucky people).

There are of course going to be those who are mining and selling whilst the price is still fairly decent because its how they will make the most money the quickest.

I see quite a few people on this thread keep saying but just wait until the coin is picked up by a dark web market or ransomware asks for it to be paid to a z wallet but what if this never happens?  its quite possible that ZEC doesnt have anything major happen and it just becomes another coin to mine. You could be holding on to something that eventually ends up being worth less than monero or eth.

At the time of me writing this ZEC is struggling to stay around the $50 mark.  Now the slow start has ended and the supply of coins gets greater I can only see the price going one way and that is down unless some major news is announced that the coin has suddenly become useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elzium

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:51:45 PM

Yep, you are right, gigabyte 390 g1 has voltage lock in bios level.
and is it possible to unlock it in the bios? Bios on the card? Can you advice my ho to achieve it?

I never had any gigabyte 390 for obvious reasons so can't help. Unlocking isn't easy but I think someone said it is possible, you need to do some searching yourself.

I voltmodded some locked Gigabyte 270x-s with hex editor, no other thing worked, even hardmod gave only -20mV or smth. So find out where voltage values sit in bios and go for it. It isnt easy thats right.
forato

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:20:33 PM

I get back to ETH now..

Sad

Why dont mine and hold, you dont have to sell at the time you mine, i mined a lot at price at 0.07 btc, and sell eveything on last pump  at 0.13, so just stop crying and wait

Bullshit, everyone can read graphs backwards. I wont hold before .01. Just look at the supply graph and do tell, what gives if u hold the bag now?

also not everyone can afford to hold, some people need to sell to make back the costs of the elecetric used to mine the ZEC. large scale miners with a decent income from Crypto and those have been around a while with a good stack of BTC behind them can afford to do this but not everyone (or of course those will really cheap or free electric, those lucky people).

There are of course going to be those who are mining and selling whilst the price is still fairly decent because its how they will make the most money the quickest.

I see quite a few people on this thread keep saying but just wait until the coin is picked up by a dark web market or ransomware asks for it to be paid to a z wallet but what if this never happens?  its quite possible that ZEC doesnt have anything major happen and it just becomes another coin to mine. You could be holding on to something that eventually ends up being worth less than monero or eth.

At the time of me writing this ZEC is struggling to stay around the $50 mark.  Now the slow start has ended and the supply of coins gets greater I can only see the price going one way and that is down unless some major news is announced that the coin has suddenly become useful.

agree!
Red55555

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

I get back to ETH now..

Sad

+1  Agreed - We miners are the cause of ZEC's price going down - stop selling so damned cheap!!! - list your mining rewards for what its worth. Don't just sell out.

This may be a stupid question but if every miner who uses claymore or visits this thread decided to form a price cartel - let´s say no selling under 100 dollars - wouldn´t that make the overall price go up only if we were actually able to sell it on that price? There would be still a lot of people selling it under priced, making people to only buy from them, while making the average exchange price still stay low. So what i´m trying to say here is that we would need to make the under priced zcash - sellers a minority, so they alone couldn´t supply the demand. Then the extra "leftover" demand either makes prices go up or the demand diminishes if the price is considered too high?

While this is artificial, a real life use of zcash such as wide darknet adoption, online buying options or even a credit card adoption would make the prices go up naturally. Most of all Bitcoin (and therefore probably many other virtual currencies) are ruled to be VAT free in European Union: that might be a good stepping stone to make zcash purchases mainstream.

http[Suspicious link removed]mpt-from-vat-says-european-court-of-justice/

I´m an absolute noob when it comes to these issues so please do not judge me. i´m just throwing some points i´ve been thinking of. Feel free to correct me.
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:27:16 PM

Here I come to try to undermine the zcash with claymore

But I crash after a few seconds

I get 180H / S per card, (rx 480)

This is what I put in the bat:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -allpools 1 -zwal my address wallet.rig -zpsw x

Do you have an idea why this crash?

thank you in advance

On Windows you have to add set before GPU...

set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -allpools 1 -zwal my address wallet.rig -zpsw x

And don't forget: Virtual memory >16 MB.

?!? set or setx is true?

set modifies the current shell's (window) environment values, and the change is available immediately, but it is temporary. The change will not affect other shells that are running, and as soon as you close the shell, the new value is lost until such time as you run set again.

setx modifies the value permanently, which affects all future shells, but does not modify the environment of the shells already running. You have to exit the shell and reopen it before the change will be available, but the value will remain modified until you change it again.

Thanks for comprehensive answer, but I asked what is more properly used and not the differences between the set and setx?

Well i use setx as global, I don't think there is a "proper" way, you either set it temporary or permanently.
I guess if you have various different cards you would use set, and if they were all the same use setx.

My cards is all the same /RX480 Nitro+ OC 8 GB/ and i will use setx! Thanks!

set needs =
setx doesn't
so good thing that you're going to use setx

use
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Hello

I changed my order, and I set set, or setx.

Ca walk but ca crash after about 5 minutes,

BSOD.

My rx 480 on the bios mod. It are set for the hethereum with claymore 7.4

Clock = 0.920mv / 1200mhz
Memory = 0.950mv / 2250mhz

I wonder if the problem comes from the gpu settings.

Anyone has this problem with rx480?

thank you in advance

go to the moon !!
ghostfaceuk

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:28:09 PM

I get back to ETH now..

Sad

+1  Agreed - We miners are the cause of ZEC's price going down - stop selling so damned cheap!!! - list your mining rewards for what its worth. Don't just sell out.

This may be a stupid question but if every miner who uses claymore or visits this thread decided to form a price cartel - let´s say no selling under 100 dollars - wouldn´t that make the overall price go up only if we were actually able to sell it on that price? There would be still a lot of people selling it under priced, making people to only buy from them, while making the average exchange price still stay low. So what i´m trying to say here is that we would need to make the under priced zcash - sellers a minority, so they alone couldn´t supply the demand. Then the extra "leftover" demand either makes prices go up or the demand diminishes if the price is considered too high?

While this is artificial, a real life use of zcash such as wide darknet adoption, online buying options or even a credit card adoption would make the prices go up naturally. Most of all Bitcoin (and therefore probably many other virtual currencies) are ruled to be VAT free in European Union: that might be a good stepping stone to make zcash purchases mainstream.

I´m an absolute noob when it comes to these issues so please do not judge me. i´m just throwing some points i´m been thinking of. Feel free to correct me.

Whilst a interesting thought the problem is the amount of people using others miners not to mention the private mining farms who are in it to make as much as they can as quickly as possible.

The amount using Claymore's miner probably make up a small amount of ZEC miners, plus getting everyone to go along with the idea would be a major headacahe to arrange.

As I stated in my earlier post there is no reason for the price to stay high right now. NO use for the coin plus the amount of people just dumping as they mine BECAUSE the price is continually going down is hitting the price hard.  plus the big mines have no intention of holding it, they mine like hell a coin until it not profitable anymore for them and them move on to the next coin released, buying a private mining program so they have a major speed head start from the outset
elzium

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:35:54 PM

Even if everyone goes along, whats the outcome, u got the biggest sell wall and some tiny volume, then someone offers 1 satoshi lower price to get advantage and down it goes.
delle54

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:44:05 PM

Does anybody have a proof that private high speed miners exist?
leecher2k16

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:45:42 PM

Its GPU Mining. An ASIC ist not known yet!
ghostfaceuk

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:49:20 PM

Well I suppose that depends on what you call high speed miners, I have seen pools where miners have well over 10k hashing speeds for ZEC and ZCL.

They may not be a mining farm but thats a few rigs to be going at it. My guess is most large scale private miners are running off their own pool.
Red55555

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:56:14 PM

I get back to ETH now..

Sad

I´m an absolute noob when it comes to these issues so please do not judge me. i´m just throwing some points i´m been thinking of. Feel free to correct me.

Whilst a interesting thought the problem is the amount of people using others miners not to mention the private mining farms who are in it to make as much as they can as quickly as possible.

The amount using Claymore's miner probably make up a small amount of ZEC miners, plus getting everyone to go along with the idea would be a major headacahe to arrange.

As I stated in my earlier post there is no reason for the price to stay high right now. NO use for the coin plus the amount of people just dumping as they mine BECAUSE the price is continually going down is hitting the price hard.  plus the big mines have no intention of holding it, they mine like hell a coin until it not profitable anymore for them and them move on to the next coin released, buying a private mining program so they have a major speed head start from the outset

Good points here :/ Never thought of it like that. Maybe one would need an unlikely amount of percentage of the zcahsh hasrate in collaboration (maybe 50%)? Only pools can come together on those numbers. Maybe there should be nicehash -like system between the pools: The pools would sell the mined zcash on fixed (higher) prices on the market and share the profit with the miners proportionately to their hashrate. Therefore the prices should go up? the pool users would stay in the pools because their profits are much higher in this system? Pools can even horde some zcash capital and sell it when the time is "right" so the  supply isn´t higher than the demand. There could be an option for the miners to ask their profit on zcash but that wouldn´t be an automatic option. What do you think?
elzium

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:15:34 PM

Yeah right, and who would those pools sell it to? At prices higher than of a free market. Say, they put the price at 1btc. What then?

U people miss the experience of living in soviet union. These kind of plans dont work.
Famnant

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:21:44 PM

Its GPU Mining. An ASIC ist not known yet!

There will not be any ASIC in the future. The developers said it will change the algorithm if there is an ASIC.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:36:44 PM

not that it's terribly important, but lots of people use claymore's miner.
two indications: watching closely the hashrate on flypool(about 40% of total zec hashrate) when the new miner is released  it would look like everyone is using it... Smiley also if you calculate the amount claymore made on his devfee zec account (the one posted here earlier) - it's 2.5% of the 10% of the total zec in circulation .. also it could be not the only one...
ghostfaceuk

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:42:49 PM

two indications: watching closely the hashrate on flypool(about 40% of total zec hashrate) when the new miner is released  it would look like everyone is using it... Smiley also if you calculate the amount claymore made on his devfee zec account (the one posted here earlier) - it's 2.5% of the 10% of the total zec in circulation .. also it could be not the only one...

yes lots use it but do you want to be the one to suggest the proposal to and coordinate it all with the miners.  Dont forget Claymore will have got more users when version 8 was bundled with the nicehash miner.

As was stated earlier all you would be doing if you mananged to make the deal with all the miners is create a artificial price point.

masewild

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

0xedA39AF25b25f179bed410EcC6d33060952b7Db3

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:44:43 PM

yes lots use it but do you want to be the one to suggest the proposal to and coordinate it all with the miners.  Dont forget Claymore will have got more users when version 8 was bundled with the nicehash miner.

As was stated earlier all you would be doing if you mananged to make the deal with all the miners is create a artificial price point.

That is right. When the V9 comes out in the next few days, the Claymore will earn more. but that is fair deal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ghostfaceuk

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:48:58 PM

That is right. When the V9 comes out in the next few days, the Claymore will earn more. but that is fair deal.

I have no problem with claymore having a fee in his miner, its thanks to him I am able to mine (no coding knowledge so I wouldnt know where to start to even try to make my own).

Main problem I can see is the early adopters of the miners will get a slight income boost as they get the boost from the extra speed early but as more start to use it that extra income will vanish as the hashrate and difficulty rise.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:02:26 PM

I have no problem with claymore having a fee in his miner, its thanks to him I am able to mine (no coding knowledge so I wouldnt know where to start to even try to make my own).

Main problem I can see is the early adopters of the miners will get a slight income boost as they get the boost from the extra speed early but as more start to use it that extra income will vanish as the hashrate and difficulty rise.

the reason I'm mentioning the devfee is because it's a good indication that at least 10% of all zec was mined with claymore.
as for the devfee itself: my opinion was always the same - great incentive to support and update miners, so I'm good with this investment.
ghostfaceuk

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:05:46 PM

the reason I'm mentioning the devfee is because it's a good indication that at least 10% of all zec was mined with claymore.
as for the devfee itself: my opinion was always the same - great incentive to support and update miners, so I'm good with this investment.

I understood you were using it a measure of how many were using Claymore's miner, he couldnt be getting that income if it wasnt in use by so many. Sorry if I came across as if meaning something else

I was just pointing out what has been said before.  people are eager for his miners new version as is to be expected but any benefits felt from it will only last so long.
Red55555

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:10:39 PM

Yeah right, and who would those pools sell it to? At prices higher than of a free market. Say, they put the price at 1btc. What then?

U people miss the experience of living in soviet union. These kind of plans dont work.

Market manipulation or cartels have nothing to do with predetermined production in Soviet union mate. More likely this can be mocked as an attempt to make a "central bank" for zcash. To be honest, mildly controlling the price of a currency is what central banks do. If you meant "you people" by Finnish people, we are nowadays basically anti communism as a whole.

If you actually read my last post, you would see that what i meant was to manipulate the zcash price so the coin dumping wouldn´t have such a detrimental effect on the prices. Therefore the prices could be better adjusted to the current demand (through centralized selling=pool collaboration). As i originally posted, there is a risk that if the price is too high, people wont buy it and if it was the 100 dollars each i originally hypothesized, we would still need to make the majority of the network to collaborate with this plan. To control the risks i threw out ideas of pool collaboration and an idea to adjust the price to the point people would actually buy it (read "leftover demand", which of whom may or may not buy zcash even if they can´t get it for 50 dollars each). This is also 100% theoretical speculation as you may have noticed.    

Though i´m not sure if you are trolling with that "socialist - card" Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: