Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839038 times)
xeridea

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 08:37:41 PM

- added ability to use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment varibale and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt.

anyone ?
what is the use of this ?
You can set environment variables in Windows, then use in config.  So you can have identical config for all your rigs, since they could pull worker name from environment.  You can also do this through ethman when uploading configs to rigs.  You could also run all rigs off same network share, making it really easy to update all rigs, and change config, since each would still have it's own worker.  Downside of this is logs would all be in same folder so would be useless for troubleshooting.

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
manotroll

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:37:54 PM

Igor M

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

Ethereum4ever

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:39:22 PM

Serious stability issues with my rigs using 9.0 and 9.1. works for a few minutes and then the system restarts.

Same problem here..  Cry
v9 and v9.1 runs perfectly for me since release. and i overclock my rx 480 with afterburner.
2 cards running in Win7 and 4 cards in Win10.
+1
all works perfectly on 6 rx 380
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:42:06 PM

- added ability to use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment varibale and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt.

anyone ?
You can set environment variables in Windows, then use in config.  So you can have identical config for all your rigs, since they could pull worker name from environment.  You can also do this through ethman when uploading configs to rigs.  You could also run all rigs off same network share, making it really easy to update all rigs, and change config, since each would still have it's own worker.  Downside of this is logs would all be in same folder so would be useless for troubleshooting.
It takes me 3+ hrs to update all my rigs to new version when Claymore announces it, so with this I can do it all at once ?
xeridea

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 08:50:34 PM

anyone ?
You can set environment variables in Windows, then use in config.  So you can have identical config for all your rigs, since they could pull worker name from environment.  You can also do this through ethman when uploading configs to rigs.  You could also run all rigs off same network share, making it really easy to update all rigs, and change config, since each would still have it's own worker.  Downside of this is logs would all be in same folder so would be useless for troubleshooting.
It takes me 3+ hrs to update all my rigs to new version when Claymore announces it, so with this I can do it all at once ?
Yeah, make a shortcut on desktop to the ZecMiner exe on the network.  The only downside is logfiles.  Also, you would need to restart miner on all rigs. If they autostart, you could just powercycle them.  Even if you just remoted them all, it would be faster, since it would be less work to do on each rig (close and restart).  May be issue replacing version when rigs were using, not sure if it affects network though.

You could also make a bat file to copy from a specific network folder to desktop folder, then start miner, and use environment variables in config of course.

Edit:
Instead of power cycling, you can use ethman to tell each rig to run "reboot.bat" (you need to create it, such as "shutdown -r -t 00"), so you would just need to run that on all rigs monitored by Ethman.

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
jordanBG

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:52:24 PM

anyone ?
3 Hours .... , 2 min per rig . WOW 90 Rigs , nice man
I have only 15 Rigs 6x390 , and update to new version takes 20 min.
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:57:21 PM

anyone ?
You can set environment variables in Windows, then use in config.  So you can have identical config for all your rigs, since they could pull worker name from environment.  You can also do this through ethman when uploading configs to rigs.  You could also run all rigs off same network share, making it really easy to update all rigs, and change config, since each would still have it's own worker.  Downside of this is logs would all be in same folder so would be useless for troubleshooting.
Yeah, make a shortcut on desktop to the ZecMiner exe on the network.  The only downside is logfiles.  Also, you would need to restart miner on all rigs. If they autostart, you could just powercycle them.  Even if you just remoted them all, it would be faster, since it would be less work to do on each rig (close and restart).  May be issue replacing version when rigs were using, not sure if it affects network though.

You could also make a bat file to copy from a specific network folder to desktop folder, then start miner, and use environment variables in config of course.

Edit:
Instead of power cycling, you can tell each rig to run "reboot.bat" (you need to create it, such as "shutdown -r -t 00"), so you would just need to run that on all rigs monitored by Ethman.

I need to do a research about it, I need to reduce miner updating time, even config updating time.

anyone ?
94 actually and I do it remotely so I have to wait until it starts mining and etc. it's a routine job and it sucks
spyder09

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:00:38 PM

anyone ?

Edit:
Instead of power cycling, you can tell each rig to run "reboot.bat" (you need to create it, such as "shutdown -r -t 00"), so you would just need to run that on all rigs monitored by Ethman.

I need to do a research about it, I need to reduce miner updating time, even config updating time.

anyone ?
94 actually and I do it remotely so I have to wait until it starts mining and etc. it's a routine job and it sucks

94 rigs?? Holy hell dude I'm here just trying to keep 1 running lol
xeridea

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 09:01:42 PM

anyone ?

Edit:

anyone ?

One more thing, Windows has the open confirmation for new unknown files, and default block in Win10 (helps prevent spread of viruses), I think this can be avoided if using .bat file to start miner.

mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:05:24 PM

anyone ?

Edit:

anyone ?

94 rigs?? Holy hell dude I'm here just trying to keep 1 running lol
I'm just maintaining them that's it. It takes so much time and effort that I came with two new awesome ideas to replace hdmi dummies with much cheaper ones like 10Cents per rig and remote reset solution, both are under development and if everything will work fine I'll share it here for sure
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 09:07:50 PM

everyone is evil , everyone wants to dissasemble his miner.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:12:35 PM

everyone is evil , everyone wants to dissasemble his miner.
I won't mind to add my own fee (which I get every week from my employer) on top of Claymore's so I can get my coins on time, does this counts evil ?
Puffy23

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:16:54 PM

CPU: i5 4570 (was collecting dust on my shelf)
MB: ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X series DDR3 1600 Mhz
PSU: EVGA 1200 G2 & EVGA 1600 G2 (Again, collecting dust on my shelf)
HDD: 128GB SSD with 20GB virtual memory
GPU: 6x Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro - bone stock (free power)
Radeon Software Version: 16.12.1 (ReLive software not installed)

Total Speed: 2,000 H/s
Currently running Claymore v9.0 since minutes after release.  Rock solid, no reboots, no freezes, etc.
Just installed 16.12.1, will update if there are any impacts to stability.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:24:29 PM

v9.1:

- additional range checks in code for better stability.
- reduced devfee, it's 2% now (72sec instead of 90sec) if you use secure SSL/TLS connection, currently Flypool and Suprnova pools support encrypted connections, see Readme for samples.
- improved "-di detect" option: now after GPU order detection miner starts mining with the detected order.

Since encryption is added I think its safe to release Linux version with ONLY ssl support, don't you agree?

No this isn't the reason why he doesn't want to release linux. Its because in Linux you can easily disassemble the program.

yeps +100% . i think it was linux version that "showed" the SA code inside CM's miner.

now with ssl at flypool & suprnova, well there's good & bad, good for miners, you are "secured" & it is also "secured" for CM

"secured" means, your connection is a little more secured & it also means CM's "reduced fee" is VERY much or more secured, making it more difficult to be bypassed.

v9 compared to v8, v8 way more stable, v9 so so ... let's see future improvements ... upgrade.

some rigs have 0 issues v9 smooth like butter but on some other rigs, is having issues like everyone else.
efficienthash

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:31:46 PM

"secure" also means that you can't see anymore what the miner is sending - you now need a lot of trust that there is nothing hidden. this might work for claymore - but other will jump the ship and now you also have to trust them - before you could check it easily.
sirlordcomic

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:39:54 PM

The widespread issues with 9 which led to a quick 9.1 both of which now report more rejected shares is suspect in the very least.
paintblack

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:46:52 PM

9.1 a bit better

but stability issues still continue.

iMish

Activity: 91

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:56:09 PM

rejects are caused by the pool not the miner

i'm on ssl://zec.suprnova.cc 0.1-0.2% rejects like without ssl
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:56:49 PM

version 9 ran none stop from release till the release of version 9.1 approximately 3+ hours ago and here are the results of the two rigs;
GPU #0: Hawaii, 8192 MB available, 44 compute units
GPU #1: Hawaii, 8192 MB available, 40 compute units
GPU #2: Hawaii, 8192 MB available, 40 compute units
GPU #3: Hawaii, 8192 MB available, 40 compute units
ZEC - Total Speed: 1169.823 H/s, Total Shares: 6575, Rejected: 16, Time: 03:16
ZEC: GPU0 301.126 H/s, GPU1 288.785 H/s, GPU2 288.851 H/s, GPU3 290.982 H/s
Pool switches: ZEC - 0  ;GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #1: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #2: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #3: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #4: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
ZEC - Total Speed: 1107.139 H/s, Total Shares: 6054, Rejected: 22, Time: 03:05
ZEC: GPU0 220.715 H/s, GPU1 220.508 H/s, GPU2 221.740 H/s, GPU3 225.634 H/s, GPU4 218.541 H/s go figure CHECK PSU'S Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
edit: hawaii rig si on a evga 1300 watt psu, Ellesmere is on a Rosecrap 1000 watt psu all psu's are on a line voltage of 240 volts a/c. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:08:52 PM

9.1 a bit better

but stability issues still continue.
Stability is not Claymore's issue!
It's probably PSU issue .
 You get significally higher hashrate but it costs some power usage and it is logical.
So you have to ensure proper PSU and do not blame Claymore

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: