Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839038 times)
beIbox

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:27:15 AM

@Claymore

Rig 6xR9 390 1150/1500

v.1.0 - v.8.0 - 0 crashes for all the time.

v.9.0/9.1 – crashes each 10-15 min, various GPUs. (any -i value)

Something is wrong with this version.
Rollback on v.8 returns stability.

Again and again.
Problems can be:
1. PSU  wattage load
2. PSU ripple suppression
3. PSU voltage regulation at different load variations
4. Bad risers and other cables. (Least likely if still working in other versions)
5. Incorrectly configuring windows
can you please expand 2 and 5

2. Ripple is a phenomenon that occurs with all SMPSUs (switch-mode power supply units). It is the tiny fluctuations in a power supply's output voltage, on the order of tens of milivolts, millions of times a second. It is an artifact of the process of converting a sine wave AC input to a constant DC output.

Ripple is measured as a peak-to-peak value in milivolts, and is measured using an oscilloscope (software can not detect ripple, nor can a multimeter or voltmeter; you need an oscilloscope with a scanning frequency of at least 30MHz). The ATX specification sets these limits on computer PSU ripple levels:

+12V - 120mV
+5V - 50mV
+3.3V - 50mV
+5VSB - 120mV
-12 - 120mV

Why is having good ripple suppression important? The first reason is hardware lifespan. Ripple wears on several types of electrical component, the most relevant being electrolytic capacitors. The closer ripple levels are to a capacitor's rated ripple, the shorter its lifetime will be, and ripple exceeding its rated level can cause it to blow or perform poorly. Since electrolytic capacitors are found in your power supply, motherboard, graphics card, and many other components, having a power supply with good ripple suppression is a must for long-term reliability.

Another problem poor ripple levels can cause is one that will surely strike fear into the heart of every overclocking enthusiast. Higher ripple levels means lower overclock.

5. A lot off factors. You must check power settings first, turn off PCI-E power control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mamboOo

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:29:26 AM

Guys, which MB did You test and recommend for 7gpu rigs? Beside MSI z97 gaming 5 that one is doin fine.

My Top Motherboard Picks:
- Z97 Gaming 5,  MSI Z97 Intel LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.0 ATX Gaming Motherboard http://a.co/7a6Sut8
- ASRock H97 Anniversary LGA 1150 Intel Motherboard (usually sold out): http://[Suspicious link removed]/2cl9G48   or   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157564
- ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157724
- BIOSTAR TB85 LGA 1150 Intel B85 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138436

If you want 7 Gpu use the Z97 Gaming 5 or add a PC Peripheral onto any of the other boards:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/141865200790?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is a video on how to install the PC Peripheral:  https://youtu.be/F7p6roA8ZCU

I have GA-Z170X gaming g1 max 5 card. Can someone help me for 7 GPU?

-OR Even Better -

See my Rig at:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1676763.0

I have GA-Z170X gaming g1 max 5 card. Can someone help me for 7 GPU?
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:30:59 AM

This is the "carrot or stick" approach.

The 0.5% is the carrot for the masses to enter the SSL prison.

When the majority of the miners (sheeps) voluntarily enter the prison, the plain connection will be removed (stick), and escape will be impossible.

Then it will be easy to increase the fees at will.

Same story again.

well every miner has the ability to elect not to pay the dev fee but apparently some miners don't want  the hash rate loss due to no fee  so they pass the cost to the rest of miners works the same in retail sales that 7 to 9 cents for the cost of items is what the merchants add to the cost so that they can help defray the cost of theft Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:38:05 AM

Have coinmine.pl support lowered devfee?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:38:32 AM

@Claymore

Rig 6xR9 390 1150/1500

v.1.0 - v.8.0 - 0 crashes for all the time.

v.9.0/9.1 – crashes each 10-15 min, various GPUs. (any -i value)

Something is wrong with this version.
Rollback on v.8 returns stability.

Again and again.
Problems can be:
1. PSU  wattage load
2. PSU ripple suppression
3. PSU voltage regulation at different load variations
4. Bad risers and other cables. (Least likely if still working in other versions)
5. Incorrectly configuring windows
can you please expand 2 and 5

2. Ripple is a phenomenon that occurs with all SMPSUs (switch-mode power supply units). It is the tiny fluctuations in a power supply's output voltage, on the order of tens of milivolts, millions of times a second. It is an artifact of the process of converting a sine wave AC input to a constant DC output.

Ripple is measured as a peak-to-peak value in milivolts, and is measured using an oscilloscope (software can not detect ripple, nor can a multimeter or voltmeter; you need an oscilloscope with a scanning frequency of at least 30MHz). The ATX specification sets these limits on computer PSU ripple levels:

+12V - 120mV
+5V - 50mV
+3.3V - 50mV
+5VSB - 120mV
-12 - 120mV

Why is having good ripple suppression important? The first reason is hardware lifespan. Ripple wears on several types of electrical component, the most relevant being electrolytic capacitors. The closer ripple levels are to a capacitor's rated ripple, the shorter its lifetime will be, and ripple exceeding its rated level can cause it to blow or perform poorly. Since electrolytic capacitors are found in your power supply, motherboard, graphics card, and many other components, having a power supply with good ripple suppression is a must for long-term reliability.

Another problem poor ripple levels can cause is one that will surely strike fear into the heart of every overclocking enthusiast. Higher ripple levels means lower overclock.

5. A lot off factors. You must check power settings first, turn off PCI-E power control.
that explains a lot, our hardware importer bought these for our 3x RX480 8G mining rigs http://www.zalman.com/contents/products/view.html?no=96
for last few days most rigs work without any issues, after V9 some of them had problems (maybe 3-4 out of 95) but after playing around with clocks mems voltage everything is stable now so far so good

Have coinmine.pl support lowered devfee?
I heard they are stealing shares, thinking to switch to dwarfpool
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:55:13 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 11:25:57 AM by Claymore

When the majority of the miners (sheeps) voluntarily enter the prison, the plain connection will be removed (stick), and escape will be impossible.
Same story again.

Nice of you to compare people with sheep.
I'm not going to remove plain connection, so you still can try to remove 2% devfee and become rich.
I never increase devfee, only reduce.

Anyone noticed the post of the guy who circumvented the devfee with his tamper is gone.
Good news for Claymore and all the honest miners here.

Yes, thank you all for support, also thanks to mods that care about removing cracks from their forums.
I have enough experience in these games. These "hackers" think that all their cracks work.
Readme explains things about cheating clearly.
Of course it's possible to cheat and not to turn protection on, but it's rather difficult to see whether it's working, it's just a few %. So in most cases using cracks is similar to using "-nofee" option.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:07:10 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 11:24:20 AM by Claymore

SSL was implemented long time ago for mining already but was removed again due to the increased network lag.

Lags can only create a pool if it spends a lot of time to encrypt/decrypt data, am I correct?
SSL connection is based on same sockets and it takes almost zero time on client side to encrypt/decrypt 1Kb of data.
I'm curious about server load, is it too expensive to use encrypted connections for you?

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
elzium

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:08:10 AM

Lets not forget that miner is actually a plain money printing machine. And to whine about paying for that is kinda weird.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:40:21 AM

SSL was implemented long time ago for mining already but was removed again due to the increased network lag.

Lags can only create a pool if it spends a lot of time to encrypt/decrypt data, am I correct?
SSL connection is based on same sockets and it takes almost zero time on client side to encrypt/decrypt 1Kb of data.
I'm curious about server load, is it too expensive to use encrypted connections for you?

I use the Celeron 1620 for my miners, will that CPU not good enough to do the encryption? I am little concerned.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
golden0707

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:44:17 AM

Hi all! So why do we need to use encryption ? Ane benefit from it ?
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:48:41 AM

no one will be able to steal your shares as simple as that
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:50:53 AM

Everything is better with bluetooth encryption!

Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:52:15 AM

I use the Celeron 1620 for my miners, will that CPU not good enough to do the encryption? I am little concerned.

you wouldn't notice any cpu load even if you were encrypting tens of megabits/s, not even talking about few kilobits/s needed for mining
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:04:34 PM

This applies for proper SSL/TLS offloading - yes if not properly set on the pool it can cause heavy load and traffic.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 12:30:48 PM

For me?  No, not at all but as said before, I've never heard of redirected or attacks (mitm)  for miners traffic Smiley  it's no problem for me that you're using ssl for securing your miner against no fee wrappers etc but IMHO you should just say so -  I believe most people won't have an issue with it Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
dlx

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:40:12 PM

Same story again.

I'm not going to remove plain connection, so you still can try to remove 2% devfee and become rich.

Anyone noticed the post of the guy who circumvented the devfee with his tamper is gone.

Yes, thank you all for support, also thanks to mods that care about removing cracks from their forums.
I have enough experience in these games. These "hackers" think that all their cracks work.
Of course it's possible to cheat and not to turn protection on, but it's rather difficult to see whether it's working, it's just a few %. So in most cases using cracks is similar to using "-nofee" option.

You misunderstood.

I pay my fees normally.  I am a decent "hacker", not a thief.  I WANT to pay my fees, i don't HAVE TO.  I perfectly well know how to "adjust" my fees, to 0%, and anything to 0 - 100% generally  (layer 7 manipulation in a smart router)..  Even without any tampering at the data stream, you may pay 0% or anything between 1.9 - 9.1% fee.  Simple math.

That doen't meen that i will  do it, and even worst that i will propagate this to other users.  As a developer myself, i am exactly at your position.

That i am telling, is that ENFORSEMENT of your rights (or law in  general), must not hurt the life of 99%+ of us lawful users (citizens) because of the 1%- of thiefs.  This is a terrible foreseable future, and i strongly oppose.

You don't have to remove plain connection, the POOLS will!  You will have nothing to blaim for...  But the simple user will be obliged to follow SSL if he wants to mine.  This is slavery.

Thanks for your app.

p.s.  yes most people let others to think for themselves and blindly repeat every nonsense they hear, like sheeps.  Is it new to you?
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:51:19 PM

No, you are not correct, it's not about CPU time.
SSL requires additional traffic for both sides which adds latency and latency is bad for shares.
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:58:37 PM

Same story again.

You misunderstood.
I pay my fees normally.  I am a decent "hacker", not a thief.  I WANT to pay my fees, i don't HAVE TO.  I perfectly well know how to "adjust" my fees, to 0%, and anything to 0 - 100% generally  (layer 7 manipulation in a smart router)..  Even without any tampering at the data stream, you may pay 0% or anything between 1.9 - 9.1% fee.  Simple math.
That doen't meen that i will  do it, and even worst that i will propagate this to other users.  As a developer myself, i am exactly at your position.
That i am telling, is that ENFORSEMENT of your rights (or law in  general), must not hurt the life of 99%+ of us lawful users (citizens) because of the 1%- of thiefs.  This is a terrible foreseable future, and i strongly oppose.
You don't have to remove plain connection, the POOLS will!  You will have nothing to blaim for...  But the simple user will be obliged to follow SSL if he wants to mine.  This is slavery.
Thanks for your app.
p.s.  yes most people let others to think for themselves and blindly repeat every nonsense they hear, like sheeps.  Is it new to you?

I don't want to hurt users and I'm not going to do it in any way; if you think that I do it, I'd like to know more details. Pools won't remove plain connections too, I see no reasons why they must do it, you can ask pool owners if they are going to do it.

Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:00:35 PM

For past years miners never had a need for encryption and now SUDDENLY we need it.
It is of course pure coincidence this need happened after someone published a way to disable devfee. Right, Claymore?
Eam0kgIO

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:08:42 PM

Does anyone have mining speeds for RX460?
Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: