Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 03:20:57 PM

For the record, gizsmo pretends to have a claim even though he is not making it possible for me to resolve it by providing the required information: claim number, walet url and amount (even after me asking him about it via PM).
He is challenging the claim process because he obviously has no concept of what it means to run said process.
He is only waving a claim number so that no one can see its minute amount.
Such a minute amount would reveal that he is simply on a manhunt.
Baby giszmo (Leo whatshisname) is behaving like an asshole because he does not know that a business can be made of hard working, dedicated people that don't take calomny so lightly.

I gave you all that information you had asked for twice (once via the claim ID which should be enough as there is all the other information but as you also asked the wallet id, I gave it to you via pm. Now that it's public anyway, here it is again: poliglotabitcoindemo) but you still won't resolve the claim?

Yeah, others have lost bigger sums and so have many people I gave bitcoins to via your service because I can't reach them and they don't care (yet). We've seen before that you make your customer's claimed balances public without being entitled to do so but in this case you were as my WOT rating already made the claim url public which contains the balance: 0.01BTC. So does your "oops we got hacked" entitle you to steal $4 or whatever it will be worth in the future by the time we settle this?

I don't work like "hmm … they have 0.01BTC of my money, going through the claims process will take maybe 1h of my time … that is $4/h … not worth it".
I want to fight scammers in bitcoin cause there is just so many of them, so I work more like "hmm, so they claim they got hacked and they have a claims process to get the money back. If these funds are handled with responsibility that leaves no doubt that they are not trying to get rich quick by allegedly having been hacked, I can live with my losses. Lets see what they do with the funds they were trusted with."

Sorry I can only conclude from all I see that you still sit on tons of money with no plans of settling claims, so why should I stop claiming what is mine?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 03:57:44 PM

The fight club has two rules, Instawallet had only one : "He who has knowledge of the secret URL is the legitimate owner of the funds".

I hereby claim access to the funds of https://www.instawallet.org/w/poliglotabitcoindemo

Wait a second, you made your wallet URL public before the fucking claims process was even started, and then you come bitch about us not paying you?
You jump to conclusions right after we get compromised, throw shit at us before we're even done piecing the claims process together, act like an idiot by voluntarily publishing your wallet URL on bitcointalk and then you come complain that handling your claim isn't as straightforward as the others?

Look in a mirror and get real, you shat on your own feet.

The correct and logical course of action now becomes crystal clear, we'll pay both claims half of the outstanding wallet balance.

Do you have further questions ?

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:23:57 PM

The fight club has two rules, Instawallet had only one : "He who has knowledge of the secret URL is the legitimate owner of the funds".

I hereby claim access to the funds of https://www.instawallet.org/w/poliglotabitcoindemo

Wait a second, you made your wallet URL public before the fucking claims process was even started, and then you come bitch about us not paying you?
You jump to conclusions right after we get compromised, throw shit at us before we're even done piecing the claims process together, act like an idiot by voluntarily publishing your wallet URL on bitcointalk and then you come complain that handling your claim isn't as straightforward as the others?

Look in a mirror and get real, you shat on your own feet.

The correct and logical course of action now becomes crystal clear, we'll pay both claims half of the outstanding wallet balance.
Because … you have doubt of the true owner?
Because … you love to troll me some more pages?
Because … you want to retaliate me for jumping the line?
Because … what exactly?

Telling everybody that you leaked your urls into the google index and that you will give them to whoever is first to claim them literally invited people to set up some operation to find these wallets and claim faster than others by the time you finally open your claims process weeks later and that was the point I was getting at back then. Is it that hard to understand?

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:16:53 PM

I put in a claim to instawallet, still waiting for my bitcoin!! Please help!
The reason you have not seen your payout is simply that you did not approve the proposed payout.
As explained in my previous posts, we need discharge from the people we pay out otherwise there is no way to remove the liability from our books.
The discharge is required because the database has been tampered with: even though it may be minimal and partial, there is a non zero probability that the proposed amount does not match the expected amount.
I am posting this here for the last time because I realize the thread has been polluted by a few assholes (tvbcof, giszmo, etc) that have nothing else to do but waste everybody else's time, making it difficult for claimants to find the information.
A sendmany transaction will be sent  in january to those who filed a claim on time but failed to approve their payout so far.
To approve a payout, simply visit your wallet page (do not forget to type https://www.instawallet.org/w/yourwalletsecreturl in full). Thanks for your cooperation in getting these claims resolved.

Quoting for reference.

You publicly call me an asshole for persistently and unsuccessfully wanting my money back? How about resolving claim ID 34a28881-b884-4b44-94d2-669b4d46962c instead?

Where and how did you get a claim ID number? Was it submitted during the initial claim process or later during the dispute process? When I filed my three claims back in early April when the claims process started, I don't recall seeing one, nor received one via email. The only thing I recall during the inputting of the three claims is that after I did such and clicked submit (send, etc.), an identical claim page was generated, thus nothing worth taking a screenshot of, but safely assumed they were submitted properly.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:20:50 PM

Where and how did you get a claim ID number? Was it submitted during the initial claim process or later during the dispute process? When I filed my three claims back in early April when the claims process started, I don't recall seeing one, nor received one via email. The only thing I recall during the inputting of the three claims is that after I did such and clicked submit (send, etc.), an identical claim page was generated, thus nothing worth taking a screenshot of, but safely assumed they were submitted properly.

Say, Phin, what is you status on the Instawallet thing these days?  Last I remembered Boussac was (very childishly) not giving you professional service on the basis of your insulting him or something.  Were you made whole in the end (by your definition of it at least?)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:34:37 PM

Say, Phin, what is you status on the Instawallet thing these days?  Last I remembered Boussac was (very childishly) not giving you professional service on the basis of your insulting him or something.  Were you made whole in the end (by your definition of it at least?)

No. Still the same ol' three claims of which davout or Boussac instructed me via a post while I was in Atlanta to submit to them via a PM, but couldn't do then because the info needed was on another laptop of which I put in the shop when I got back home. I've been waiting for it to be fixed ever since and learnt a couple days ago it ain't worth fixing, thus just got it back today. I can now fire it up and connect it to an old monitor to retrieve the original URLs needed, thus enabling me to properly resubmit the claim(s).
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:22:50 PM

The reason you have not seen your payout is simply that you did not approve the proposed payout.
As explained in my previous posts, we need discharge from the people we pay out otherwise there is no way to remove the liability from our books.
The discharge is required because the database has been tampered with: even though it may be minimal and partial, there is a non zero probability that the proposed amount does not match the expected amount.
I am posting this here for the last time because I realize the thread has been polluted by a few assholes (tvbcof, giszmo, etc) that have nothing else to do but waste everybody else's time, making it difficult for claimants to find the information.
A sendmany transaction will be sent  in january to those who filed a claim on time but failed to approve their payout so far.
To approve a payout, simply visit your wallet page (do not forget to type https://www.instawallet.org/w/yourwalletsecreturl in full). Thanks for your cooperation in getting these claims resolved.

Quoting for reference.

You publicly call me an asshole for persistently and unsuccessfully wanting my money back? How about resolving claim ID 34a28881-b884-4b44-94d2-669b4d46962c instead?

You ask me? In https://www.instawallet.org/w/poliglotabitcoindemo there is a Claim# for example. Check with your url, there should be one, too.

ɃɃ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:57:29 AM

Here's one address, the lesser of the three that I have a claim in for: https://blockchain.info/address/1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH

The following tx nowhere reflects my final transaction from said wallet: https://blockchain.info/tx/cb32e5147c0510a3423a9b9c57a90fa949a3960422563bf8ade5a621a0939cec

I know exactly which wallet was paid out 0.105 BTC to and he even confirmed he received payment, but his receiving address does not show the funds coming from the 1Jpp... address. It shows it coming from some other, assumingly one that InstaWallet maintained at the time.

Only three days earlier I expressed a concern (quoted below) about this very practice of which davout was kind enough to respond to, easing my concern(s) at the time. The reason for my original concern was not because of some trivial amount I maintained in this one wallet, only used as an example to help illustrate an issue I was dealing with, but because I maintained two other wallets on InstaWallet at the time having greater value: One with exactly 1,000 BTC, and the other with either 123.xxx or 132.xxx BTC. I'm pretty sure the latter was the correct amount of the two, but opted to only claim the lesser one to be fair. x = some unknown digits, since not knowing nor remembering the exact decimal amount.

I like IW, but something has changed recently and I can't put my finger on it.

[...]

~Bruno K~

PS: To be clear, the wallet address is 1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH

Dear Bruno,

Instawallet has always worked like a shared wallet, nothing has ever changed in this respect.

The fact you used to see coins remain at the deposit address simply means that :
 - there used to be less coin turnover,
 - the cold storage was less used,
 - any combination of the previous reasons.

Some stuff does change though, you used to get your transaction ID back immediately when sending coins, that's not the case anymore, sends are now asynchronously handled by a background worker. That's much more secure in terms of potential race conditions, much more robust in terms of infrastructure, much more maintenable (since now I can simply stop the worker, do some work on bitcoind and switch it back on).

The traffic also increases a lot, to give you an idea, our average weekly turnover is around 10kBTC in, and 10kBTC out, it recently peaked at around 50kBTC/week.

Your wallet has exactly the amount you expect to be available, you can't rely on blockchain.info to tell you how much is available in an account on a shared wallet.

This is how your balance is calculated :

Hope it's clearer Smiley

That's a fine explanation I can live with. Thanks, bud.

~Bruno K~

Of the other two wallets mentioned, I don't have the addresses, only IW's URLs, with knowing the exact amount in only one of them--1,000 BTC. With the other, I submitted an exact 123 BTC, out of the kindness of my heart not submitting a 132 BTC claim, nor the unknown decimal amount, currently leaving ~$4,400 USD--at today's exchange rate--on the table.

I believe I may have found the 1,000 BTC, but have no way of proving it, although it was part of IW's wallet and moved about the same timeframe in which I moved my 1,000 BTC wallet just days prior to the hack(?).

I've already shown that davout was paid off due to the hack(?) well before many others were, according to Boussac's released payout txs. Also, it was stated that no wallets above 50 BTC will be processed until at some point later, of which wasn't the case from the get-go.

It took IW many days to produce the so-called police report, but have yet to produce what firm did the independent audit, unless it's in the French section of this forum like where proof of the police report was discovered and migrated to the English section by some other Bitcoiner.

To be clear, there is NO WAY I would have gone into a pussy fit over only 0.84 BTC. But, over 1,100+ BTC, of which only a handful of days prior to the hack(?) I shown my concern, you're damn right my tone went overboard, but more or less settled down after reading the following post excerpt (in yellow) at the time:

I don't have any trouble seeing the file.

http://hebergement-pdf.com/mypdf.php?n=630

Can see it now - thanks.

Did Boussac post a link to this in the forums?

How did you come to find this?

Boussac posted it in the French section ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179224.0 ).

Oddly, I replied to that post, but didn't click the link, for I thought he was just linking to the police department site again.

@Phinnaeus: Jeez, could you perhaps dial it down, just a tad? I mean, your posts usually are pretty entertaining, but you're not helping anybody (including yourself) with your method. One moment, you're all official "Dear Mr Boussac, I politely request that you upload...", only to be followed up, in BRIGHT RED LETTERS, by something like "Hey Boussac, you fucked me in the ass and now you don't even go for a reach-around, what the hell?". I get it, responses by Paymium are frustrating (and I didn't even lose money or time to them), but it'd probably be more helpful to make up your mind if you want to address things seriously or go for a vulgar style.

Noted! It's just that I don't have any experience in losing a vast amount of money before, albeit doling out over $20K due to the Bitcoinia episode, indirectly (I had no funds with them), could have prepared me for this much bigger lost, directly.

As shown, the requests were mostly civil in nature at the onset, but at some point I've went overboard. I apologize for not apologizing, and appreciate the tone used in your statement directed toward me.

As you can imagine, this episode is now taking a tow on my personal well-being, business- and health-wise, though trying to be level-headed, with resorting to logic and humor to maintain my senses, tossing in vulgarity for good measure, but seeing now it best to scale that back a tad.

Hopefully, the vulgar that's in place will act as a warning to those who come after us and deal with this unprofessional individuals. (<---note, toning it down just doesn't seem to cut the mustard)

Most here have seen this exact approach in the past, all to no avail, yet we are now being led to believe that this time it will be different--just wait 90 days, and in my case possibly a helluva lot longer.

I've spent countless hours conducting research via the internet, posting my findings so that fellow bitcoiners don't get burned, coupled with helping them hunt down certain culprits. Ironically, I was doing just that when I opted to putting my wealth in a more secure place on hold to protect others. I'm not complaining, and will continue to do it, but it's now coming at a tremendous expense.

As a reward, I'm put on ignore by a Frenchman who possibly will live a comfortable life thanks to my ignorance and inaction.

Madness!

Obviously, neither vitriol attacks nor considerably toning down such afforded me seeing a single satoshi of what's currently valued at just slightly under a half million dollars at this hour's exchange rate.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:18:44 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 03:44:12 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Quoting for reference.

You ask me? In https://www.instawallet.org/w/poliglotabitcoindemo there is a Claim# for example. Check with your url, there should be one, too.

I'll be an SOB! That's the first time the following URL has worked in months: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

Neither of those two addresses shown are related to me and don't have a clue as to whom they belong to, nor how they were able to process a claim against it. And why isn't the address that I provided when I made my claim not present?

I have posted about the addresses being present before, and this is the first time I've seen a claim ID number, though it's possible that I paid it no mind at the time. Also, when I first saw those two other addresses, I was under the impression that they were just two other entities staking a claim against my claim of which was already on record. Now I'm thinking that that's the only two claims against that address, sans mine.

The other two URLs are the following:

https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg
https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

I'm now able to see a form to fill out on both pages, whereas the last time I check around August there simply was "Wallet not Found". But even if there was a form to fill out then, there's no way I would have filled it out after already doing it once back in April and instructed to not make duplicate requests.

At one time, I had both URLs attached to my Chrome browser, thus only being a click away. Some time in May, I believe, I copied and pasted the URL onto a notepad stored on my broken laptop, of which I just now retrieved. I took it off the browser list, along with other no-count URLs I no longer needed to get rid of the clutter. Firing up and retrieving the files from the other laptop took about two hours to complete the task while I figured out how to get one of three archaic monitors to work with it.

It's amazing how many hours I have invested into this InstaWallet fiasco. Hopefully, it'll now get worked out, for I'm about to resubmit the lost(?) wallets via the forms that are now available.

Before submitting this post, I just realized I have another problem: I don't remember which one of the two held the 1,000 BTC and which one held the 123(?) BTC, but when I first submitted the claims back in April, I was ~100% sure which was which due to using the hotlink and how I had them labeled. I'm almost pretty sure that the first one was the 1,000 BTC wallet recalling in what order I saved the URLs.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:33:03 AM

Done, AGAIN, for the two larger wallets, but not able to do it for the 0.835 BTC (of which the amount is correct) for the following URL: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q with the 1Jpp... wallet address. I can easily PM proof that I own this via PM'ing another PM I have on record showing who received money from me via said address.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:42:41 AM

Did I just fuck up?

Wallet not found

Report a missing wallet

Your wallet maybe missing because it received funds only after April 1st when Instawallet was suspended.

If that is the case, please use the comment field to tell us the transaction that you would to be taken into account for a refund.

Please do not report a missing wallet if it did not receive any transaction.

Report a missing wallet

I used the comment section for other then what was instructed it should be used for. In fact, the first (and last) time (mid April) I filled out the comment section, I provided much more detail at the time, of which had nothing to do any transactions taking place after April Fools day.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 04:31:30 AM

Compare the following two pages and see if you notice anybody missing:

http://paymium.com/about/

http://web.archive.org/web/20130130102221/http://paymium.com/about
Goldenboy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

Boussac, I sent the url, claim number and balance in a pm, but when I try to visit the instawallet url, I get an error message like as if the page doesn't exist! It has been like that for weeks. For a couple weeks after the site went down, I could visit the url and it took me to a "claims" type page, but the url seems to not work, and it has been like that for weeks or months now.
I got an email after I started the claim, but the email it came from seems to not work now either. I don't know how to "approve" the claim, I never got any notice that I had to(till now from Boussac on here) and I don't know how I can even do it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:57:19 AM

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to instawallet.org

Try reloading: instawallet.­org

And, it's gone!
Goldenboy

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:35:32 PM

Is Boussac really with instawallet? I gave him my claim number, url, and balance. Are we sure he is really with instawallet?
Has he resolved other claims through this forum? Is this forum currently the only way to resolve claims? Or is there another way to contact instawallet? If I understood Boussac, I thought he was saying to check my url and to confirm the settlement through my instawallet url? Is that right? Well my instawallet url simply doesn't work and hasn't for several weeks! What else can I be doing here?
chorchonga

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:05:34 PM

Boussac, can you reply to my PM?  One of the three wallets I no longer have the URL for, BUT I filed a claim for all three to be paid to the same address, and I PMed you all three claim IDs.  I cannot verify payment for the third having lost the URL AFTER submitting claim but before learning I must approve payment - I would approve any amount in that wallet, better than nothing.

Buy vinyl decals with Bitcoin: http://www.azurerocket.com
NLCOINER

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:10:50 PM

Hi Mr. Noizat (Boussac),

Can you please also respond to the PM's and mails I have sent you!

I would like to know when I get my bitcoins back! I have sent all information about my case to Arsy (Richard) as well as to you. He has confirmed that the details I gave him match the data from instawallet.

Richard is however no longer working for Paymium (although he still responds to my mails, and has forwarded my info on to you), so he is not aware of what is going on with the payouts, so can you please answer the PMs/E-mails!

Thank you in advance!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:41:31 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 05:13:19 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Hi Mr. Noizat (Boussac),

I would like to know when I get my bitcoins back! I have sent all information about my case to Arsy (Richard) as well as to you. He has confirmed that the details I gave him match the data from instawallet.

Richard is however no longer working for Paymium (although he still responds to my mails, and has forwarded my info on to you), so he is not aware of what is going on with the payouts, so can you please answer the PMs/E-mails!

Thank you in advance!

I wasn't aware that Richard was gone. Trung Nguyen used to be on the website according to WBM, of which I shown a few posts up.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:21:56 PM

Please read my posts before asking me to respond to questions that are answered in my posts.

A sendmany transaction will be sent  in january to those who filed a claim on time but failed to approve their payout so far.

chorchonga

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:04:15 PM

Great, thanks!  I misread that as everyone who approved payments since the last payout.  I believe that will solve my problem. Smiley

Buy vinyl decals with Bitcoin: http://www.azurerocket.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: