Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 04:41:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3011139 times)
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:59:38 AM

It genuinely is pretty tense, can't sit down type stuff. This that need to stay chilled, and keep a steady hand like the guy above, are frickin' pros, the rest are relishing the tension;

hey they need to sell those "lab coats" with a little KNC logo..so I can feel like "the man"

(i'm such a nerd I'd buy two)

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:27:36 AM

That video is truly brilliant! You should get as much footage as possible and do some interviews and make a documentary!

Josh is assuredly bound to be disappointed:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

well i'd post some rebuttal on BFL shoutbox and forums but I'm banned...(er too many inconvenient truths brought to light on my part...heh)..as mentioned in a previous post there is a thread on BFL forums stating "knc misses deadline" with a lot of misinfo...it would be nice if someone with access (I was banned from bfl forums for making waves)...heh serve them some humble pie ....I should be more modest...er just put the facts there it will be enough (swedes don't gloat..trying to be more refined/Swedish now)

I had prev asked a guestion of KNC and received this reply on I think it was August 1st or so?....(in archives maybe of BFL shoutbox)...anyway..the email
from knc stated they would have the miner out end of September.....Josh in shoutbox said not way it would be after jan 2014 somewhere around then Josh
changed his estimated shipping of my order for the 4th time to end of September.....I said screw that and dumped 147gh my last day of paypal dispute in getting that email...so thank your for the timing of the email knc you got a Saturn order from me on that personal reply from sam to my email questions.

smartest thing I managed to do .....so not only did I manage to get 147gh back from bfl from knc's email (which I trusted more then BFL by that time) I turned around and got a Saturn from them for with the refund.....

KNC got me 147gh back then and I still have 65gh stuck with BFL I may not get  back till nov...147gh plus 65gh is 212gh ..and thus with my 600gh I expected from KNC I instead at NO COST have gotten for my 600gh and estimated potential of 864gh or 264gh more then I expected.....quite the good deed to me imho....salvage my ego and roi from bfl issues i'll take it

heh

to say i'm pleased is an understatement what goes around comes around..so thanks KNC for getting me off the can on getting 147gh back refund back from bfl on my last paypal dispute day by your very well timed email and also for the additional gh beyond the 65gh I may have lost with BFL at NO COST I might add a concept with bfl that is unknown....

thanks for having my back

us 'abused' previous asic purchaser's will not forget I'm sure there are others on here in the same boat that agree..it is "refreshing" to say the least and you've got a lot less skeptics in the world now imho from 2 days ago!

will save $$$ for your next gen stuff starting today

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
FUKT

Activity: 433

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:31:26 AM

I'm really hoping this turns out to be true (regarding hosting):

Hashing Bitcoins within a few hours of it being assembled at the factory

So we should see a hash rise on the net in the next day or so then? I hope http://bitcoinwatch.com/ find a way to include the KNCminer data center on their pie charts rather than just bundling it as unknown.

Have a look at elgius hash rate rise today.

That's because the two biggest pools were under a DoS attack since last night.

Oh yeah I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:34:58 AM

Smiley yay, progress!

Thank you very much Bitcoinorama for all those pictures and the vid, much appreciate!

however that's it so far I'm happy about - still no pickup infos/no info when to take a day off from office  Undecided
Seems like KnC thinks everybody is unemployed chilling all week long in front of a screen at home waiting for the packet to arrive??

As one can see some pics do miracles and it does not take long for posting them.
Even more disappointing that we need Bitcoinorama to post them as KnC is simply too busy  Roll Eyes and prefers shitstorms instead.
I still do not get their silence the last days though, as you can see some pics do miracles.

Maybe it's strategic stuff:
Instead of releasing infos which still do not help you to make your dealine and stick to all your marketing statements, you let ppl go crazy.
The more and more FUD, worst case scenarios and similar appear the more ppl are panicking and run around like headless chickens.

Then you finally show some infos that those FUD spreading and imaginary worst cases did not take place - and immediately most are happy and celebrating. Therefore leaving minor negative mosaics completely out of sight they would complain about otherwise.
"Hooray, not the worst case!!"

Sorry for disturbing the bright picture again, I know some can't stand it as it does not fit into their rosy picture.
Let me add I do not love complaining - honestly I hate it.
I'd love to praise KnC for matching the bright picture...but...as you know..

Yes, it's still in their hands to make everyone -in addition to themselves- happy and IF they really make it somehow, I'm going to praise them each and every morning. You see I'm still optimistic while facing the facts.

sorry ..intent means something to me here that actually seem to give a damn at knc that means a lot to me...after my bad bfl experiences...these guys are saints....also having a hard time looking at the down side in that they have given me the potential according to the video of the hash on the Jupiter ...on my 600gh ordered of 265gh extra at NO COST...again maybe i'm suffering from abused puppy syndrome from BFL ....but really you are gonna whine about this when they we're this close....anyway to me it is a miracle because now my 65gh from bfl I likely won't see till end of November don't guite hurt so much....

again giving a damn about your customers ie intent...is a big deal to me now after BFL's stumble**k of a asic business

my 2c worth

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:41:06 AM

That video is truly brilliant! You should get as much footage as possible and do some interviews and make a documentary!

Josh is assuredly bound to be disappointed:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

well i'd post some rebuttal on BFL shoutbox and forums but I'm banned...(er too many inconvenient truths brought to light on my part...heh)..as mentioned in a previous post there is a thread on BFL forums stating "knc misses deadline" with a lot of misinfo...it would be nice if someone with access (I was banned from bfl forums for making waves)...heh serve them some humble pie ....I should be more modest...er just put the facts there it will be enough (swedes don't gloat..trying to be more refined/Swedish now)

I had prev asked a guestion of KNC and received this reply on I think it was August 1st or so?....(in archives maybe of BFL shoutbox)...anyway..the email
from knc stated they would have the miner out end of September.....Josh in shoutbox said not way it would be after jan 2014 somewhere around then Josh
changed his estimated shipping of my order for the 4th time to end of September.....I said screw that and dumped 147gh my last day of paypal dispute in getting that email...so thank your for the timing of the email knc you got a Saturn order from me on that personal reply from sam to my email questions.

smartest thing I managed to do .....so not only did I manage to get 147gh back from bfl from knc's email (which I trusted more then BFL by that time) I turned around and got a Saturn from them for with the refund.....

KNC got me 147gh back then and I still have 65gh stuck with BFL I may not get  back till nov...147gh plus 65gh is 212gh ..and thus with my 600gh I expected from KNC I instead at NO COST have gotten for my 600gh and estimated potential of 864gh or 264gh more then I expected.....quite the good deed to me imho....salvage my ego and roi from bfl issues i'll take it

heh

to say i'm pleased is an understatement what goes around comes around..so thanks KNC for getting me off the can on getting 147gh back refund back from bfl on my last paypal dispute day by your very well timed email and also for the additional gh beyond the 65gh I may have lost with BFL at NO COST I might add a concept with bfl that is unknown....

thanks for having my back

us 'abused' previous asic purchaser's will not forget I'm sure there are others on here in the same boat that agree..it is "refreshing" to say the least and you've got a lot less skeptics in the world now imho from 2 days ago!

will save $$$ for your next gen stuff starting today

Searing

Congrats on your good fortune Searing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool Cheesy Wink

I had my doubts myself,being burnt twice by BFL & Avalon.So I didn't order  Sad 

It's all good,I made friends in other GB's & have hopes that in Nov/Dec I'll have MY chance to get in on the winning side  Grin

Kudo's to KnC crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wink  BTW,if KnC is less than a year late in actual deliveries,you guys still WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy  God that was a painful wait .!.. you BFL  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
demonmaestro

Activity: 560

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:56:25 AM

Phoenix1969: You on the plane yet?

A fun ShoutBox. http://shoutscloud.com | Feel Like Donating? 1E1tJhAHVLCyw58pN7jXSFMLMrK6cDhw8v
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:57:34 AM

Phoenix1969: You on the plane yet?
going to bed soon, on the plane tomorrow 1pm Hawaii Time
Hope I wake to tracking numbers reports from folks in here... Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
kuriboh

Activity: 247

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:02:22 AM

The Jupiter show in the video stops hashing, I wonder what's going on. I expect news soon.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:04:21 AM

The Jupiter show in the video stops hashing, I wonder what's going on. I expect news soon.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

My guess would be they are debugging it. They should be just getting opened up about now.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
demonmaestro

Activity: 560

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:06:15 AM

well considering its 9am there i am sure they are going crazy on packaging boxes getting ready to ship.  Grin

A fun ShoutBox. http://shoutscloud.com | Feel Like Donating? 1E1tJhAHVLCyw58pN7jXSFMLMrK6cDhw8v
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:08:03 AM

all gmaxwell's fault Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1064

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:10:09 AM

What's his deal?  I'm just upset with the whole vendor why hw hate? Thread he puts up Then he turns around and hates on them.

merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:11:23 AM

Let's cool down.. I came here to ruin the fun. Bitfury chips are 55nm and do <0.7 W/Gh. KNCMiner chips are reportedly >1.4W/Gh.

I'm just wondering as I really have no idea, how much would an equivalent miner (in terms of GH/s) from Bitfury cost?

$8000 for 400GH/s October delivery.  With 'pencil mod' you can get over 500GH/s.

Actually with pencil mod / changing R01F resistor, you can get atleast 30% more hashrate from the unit.

The old pencil rubbing trick,  I used it couple times this month

I already bought myself couple boxes of HB pencils...

Gonna be rubbing pencils all over my jupiter... wow another 30% increase for a wopping 780GH/s

/joke
erk

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:12:19 AM

What's his deal?  I'm just upset with the whole vendor why hw hate? Thread he puts up Then he turns around and hates on them.
Most vendor hate comes from people that have a vested interest elsewhere.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:16:40 AM

The old pencil rubbing trick,  I used it couple times this month

I already bought myself couple boxes of HB pencils...

Gonna be rubbing pencils all over my jupiter... wow another 30% increase for a wopping 780GH/s

/joke

it was the second time someone mentioned this so I decided to discover what it's all about.

and wow:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.msg3099428#msg3099428

how the heck did they find this is above my imagination ?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
pitchbend

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:17:03 AM

These are my numbers for a Jupiter assuming 550GH, no pool fees and 100% uptime. Also original investment of 66BTC PSU+VAT+Shipping (might be less for some), for the next 13 difficulty adjustments (~6 months), assuming you start hashing in 2 days.
In my Spanish excel "," equals "." and dates are in this format "day/month/year"
The % increase per difficulty adjustments I obviously pulled out of my ass, but I think they are consistent with the "several thousand" machines that KNC claim to have already sold, the 500TH friedcat announced for October and bitfurys. I think Hashrate will climb fast to around 3PH and then % increases will slow down, notice how by the beginning of next year we will be aroud 7PH which I think is very plausible.
The break even line is original investment+operating costs.

It looks tight.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Antifragile

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:18:35 AM

Heat is cost also, please read my post.

I read your post it is nonsense.  The fan on a power supply even at 100% in inaudible over the over all the other system cooling fans (like on a Jupiter means 6 140mm fans).  Having run a 48 GPU farm for 18 months I can say from experience it is a non issue.  The efficiency curve is essentially flat for modern PSU from 20% to 100% load.

If an 850W unit is 95% load (your numbers) that means the load is 807W.  70% load would require a >1150W PSU.  Where is there an 1150W PSU from equal or better brand for $30 more?  It doesn't exist.   Under what conditions would that save $120 annually?  It also doesn't exist.  You underestimate the cost of a larger PSU and overstate the benefits.  Even if you add in the cooling costs and assume low efficiency AC 100% of the year you still don't get $120 in saved energy from going with a larger PSU.  So your $30 increased cost is nonsense and your $120 annual savings are also nonsense.

So one last time your post is nonsense.  Sure one "could" spend $100 more for a 1200W Platinum PSU and it would marginally reduce their operating costs.   However the increased up front cost and the small gain would make the break even point something like 3 to 5 years.  Nothing wrong with doing that but it doesn't mean that going with a smaller gold PSU is a bad idea either.

What an elegant smack down. Congratulations and thanks for sharing something that many people are not yet aware of (due to old beliefs).
These new power supplies are indeed pretty flat from 20%-100% load. And upgrading costs way more than it saves (and in addition you are essentially wasting energy in that process anyway).

Lastly, I've been looking into PS that do well at lower than 20% as I only have 100W or so to power. The Super Flower Golden Green 400 is near the top, especially in that it is cheaper than the next two. And a new PS Coolermaster, the V550S is even better, hitting 88% at 40-45w, 91% at 60-66w and 92% at 80-87w. The new Corsair RM450 is another nice one. Hope that helped someone.  Grin

Congrats to KNC Miner. Hopefully they get things going this week.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 800

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:22:22 AM

I will be really pissed if my order gets sent tomorrow instead of today. Germany has a holiday on Thursday, so Express shipping costs would have been wasted and I would have to wait a day longer when everyone is happily hashing away...  Angry

Who wants to be a billionaire? Me!
You could help Wink 1Dvja1RFCqxdnYRgjTntwGvdCeUisU4xp
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Antifragile

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:44:29 AM

I will be really pissed if my order gets sent tomorrow instead of today. Germany has a holiday on Thursday, so Express shipping costs would have been wasted and I would have to wait a day longer when everyone is happily hashing away...  Angry

They are testing and tuning the units. They just got the chips apparently. I don't think they will ship for at least a few more days, maybe a week.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:51:47 AM

I don't think they will ship for at least a few more days, maybe a week.

according Jupiter launch video they started shipping yesterday.
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.