Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:09:37 AM

Fat chance routing to RFC 1913 IP space but whatever.  Saw the link to Putty after watching it a couple times. I like that 580+ hash rate at times.

No doubt, that's the sign of the times  -

just shoot out questions first, then pay attention, then come back and say 'ya of course I knew', then take a joke too seriously, etc etc  rinse repeat OCD ADD, etc

we live in very twitchy times..  i blame social media, 24 hours news, retweets to infinity

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:19:36 AM

Not much..just lurking here....waiting for my 304x Jupiter to arrive....hopefully all you guys who ordered before me will have all the "bugs" worked out by the time it gets to me...so I can just plug it in and sip my martini as it works flawlessly at 600gh (hey have to give you guys goals)

anyway nice little article I found below .... imho

enjoy!

http://www.design-reuse.com/news/32984/28nm-bitcoin-mining-machine.html

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:55:41 AM

Met Alex at the Atlanta Bitcoin Conference yesterday.
The miner he had with him was impressively quiet and barely warm.
Looking forward to adding BFGMiner support when my unit gets here Smiley

Thanks Luke!

Looking forward to see it with BFGMiner support

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:02:52 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 06:17:22 AM by Phoenix1969

So finally I'm set up & ready at home here for the first miner with a home ethernet to wifi hotspot network that's simply plug & play.
After all the gatgets I bought over the last few days trying to accomplish ethernet to 4g android hotspot...the cheapest, easiest solution ended up being best.
The little laptop is now a home network server bridge connecting any ethernet conercted device, right to the network, as if it were dsl.
Right now, I'm using a simple 5 port ethernet switch to connect my desktops to the laptop, which has built in wi-fi.... which is bridged with the ethernet connection by a few simple clicks.(network & sharing center)
This allows any computer or device plugged into the ethernet switch, a direct internet connection tunneled thru the laptop, right to my android hotspot. No wifi dongle needed.
If you have a single miner, you don't need anything more than a ethernet cord from your laptop to your miner to add it it your home network by using Windows to bridge the ethernet with your existing internet connection.
Hope that helps someone. Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:17:18 AM

AND WE'RE BACK!
Awesome !
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:17:42 AM

My day 1 early preorder early paid Jupiter. Still haven't gotten it. Why? Because I was fool to choose knc hosting.

Got screwed over big time. And I'm still waiting.... as they're having problems with their datacenter/setting it up.

And their compensation for hosting customers? An extra free month of hosting... to earn a measly half of a bitcoin

While this week, I've already lost a potential $1000-$2000.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:20:25 AM

My day 1 early preorder early paid Jupiter. Still haven't gotten it. Why? Because I was fool to choose knc hosting.

Got screwed over big time. And I'm still waiting.... and their compensation? An extra free month of hosting... to earn a measly half of a bitcoin while this week, I've lost a potential $1000-$2000.

If you choose to wine majorly on your own decision...... you're an idiot.  If its running by Wednesday you're ahead. 

bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:21:31 AM

Got screwed over big time. And I'm still waiting.... as they're having problems with their datacenter/setting it up.

And their compensation for hosting customers? An extra free month of hosting... to earn a measly half of a bitcoin

Same here. My hosting order says shipping on day 1 and in progress since 1st of October...lets see if there are  any news today...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:21:37 AM

I feel your pain there Sad

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:24:21 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 07:03:15 AM by plasmoske

If you choose to wine majorly on your own decision...... you're an idiot.  If its running by Wednesday you're ahead.  

What? KNC promised instant hashing on day 1 and all the bangs with it. They haven't delivered. How am I am idiot for whinging about that? Hundreds of other guys got screwed as well. KNC even admitted fault.

Their hosting was expensive, but they promised instant hashing hence why I and many others choose it. It's the main reason why I even choose hosting in the first place.

In no oddworld would I have ever paid for expensive hosting just to get hosted 1.5+ weeks later instead of getting it day 1.

$2200 for 6 months.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:33:37 AM

IMHO, They should simply connect the miners to the internet and to the pool of choice of the buyer(It's in the knc website account info) and let it hash until the hosting software is ready. Can't be too hard to do, but what do I know.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:35:16 AM

If they ship a bulk of day 1 and 2 orders tomorrow and have hosting interface done by Wednesday that would be a large win... if its any later than wed then you will have the right to fuss about it right now its still too early.  I think they tuned but didn't necessarily fulfil much of shit last week for good reasons.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:37:50 AM

IMHO, They should simply connect the miners to the internet and to the pool of choice of the buyer(It's in the knc website account info) and let it hash until the hosting software is ready. Can't be too hard to do, but what do I know.
Totally speculating here, but I can see 2 not-unlikely reasons it could be "too hard":
  • They might be limited on power availability, and need to use it all for burnins.
  • The miners might already be at the datacenter, 3 hours away.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:41:16 AM

Got screwed over big time. And I'm still waiting.... and their compensation? An extra free month of hosting... to earn a measly half of a bitcoin while this week, I've lost a potential $1000-$2000.

If you choose to wine majorly on your own decision...... you're an idiot.  If its running by Wednesday you're ahead. 

You're joking right? They post pics of them building racks, people say it doesn't look like they have it ready (including an electrician who does it for a living) and get shot down by fanboys who seem to accept anything thrown at them? How about another simple scenario, KnC tell early order number customers that they won't be ready in x number of days and would they like their rig/s shipped instead (because as they keep saying - they know it's time critical).

A decision to pay hosting based on it being ready as promised isn't a mistake made by the customer, it's a fucking huge let down by the company who weren't waiting for a chip or parts to get that part of the job up and tested long before it was needed.

If it's running by wednesday how is he ahead? It should have been running almost a week now...and if he'd had it next day delivery almost as long based on KnC promises and even statements made days ago on video that day 2 was shipping "today" and day2 "tomorrow" ....which never happened.

Oh, and wine is a drink..it's whine when you complain.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:43:51 AM

Indeed. That would be very ideal. And people can switch over to knc pool when it's ready and optimal to their liking. But I think that's not the only issue they're having.

If they ship a bulk of day 1 and 2 orders tomorrow and have hosting interface done by Wednesday that would be a large win... if its any later than wed then you will have the right to fuss about it right now its still too early.  I think they tuned but didn't necessarily fulfil much of shit last week for good reasons.

Yeah it's a bit early (but not really as I'm meant to have it already a week ago) but it's still a bit heart breaking to have paid such overpriced hosting (with promised instant hashing) and having gotten nothing so far out of it.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:53:26 AM

I smelled overpriced as soon as they announced it...Did you guys seriously think they would move full force on hosting before getting things well tuned?  Did you guys seriously think hosting was happening in full swing over precedent of bullshit like cloudhashing commitment or day 1/2 orders which have certainly by now been bundled into a "priority batch to be fulfilled first".   You are saying its better to pay 2000 because it helps to skip the time in transit and gives me an edge on difficulty jump and is cheaper than my super expensive electricity and buying a powersupply.  IMHO you severely miscalculated.

plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:55:54 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 07:06:43 AM by plasmoske

I smelled overpriced as soon as they announced it...Did you guys seriously think they would move full force on hosting before getting things well tuned?  Did you guys seriously think hosting was happening in full swing over precedent of bullshit like cloudhashing commitment or day 1/2 orders which have certainly by now been bundled into a "priority batch to be fulfilled first".   You are saying its better to pay 2000 because it helps to skip the time in transit and gives me an edge on difficulty jump and is cheaper than my super expensive electricity and buying a powersupply.  IMHO you severely miscalculated.

Thank you captain hindsight. Actually there's another reason why I choose hosting. It's because it's operated/maintained by KNC. Meaning any faults, can be fixed fairly fast.

Also my electricity rate is off the charts. Then there's cost of buying PSU. And there's also customs import tax.

If I were to run it at home, it would be at least $700 cheaper but the miner arriving to your place in one piece, having it not breakdown/explode is not guaranteed.

I know already of a few who had their miners arrive all broken, capacitors exploded and some boards faulty.
jbutter

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:05:46 AM

Here is a good reason to have your miners hosted with KNC, they might catch fire.

http://imgur.com/2UZuUzH, http://imgur.com/a/hyA3a
timmmers

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:09:25 AM

I smelled overpriced as soon as they announced it...Did you guys seriously think they would move full force on hosting before getting things well tuned?  Did you guys seriously think hosting was happening in full swing over precedent of bullshit like cloudhashing commitment or day 1/2 orders which have certainly by now been bundled into a "priority batch to be fulfilled first".   You are saying its better to pay 2000 because it helps to skip the time in transit and gives me an edge on difficulty jump and is cheaper than my super expensive electricity and buying a powersupply.  IMHO you severely miscalculated.

You're probably right about cloudhashing despite what they say about order priority by paid date. IS there some reason why they couldn't have a set of simple racks and a basic network up and running LONG before it was needed though? It is a very basic network required, and hundreds of companies offer services to instal them cheaply enough, in fact the electrical wiring needs to be done by someone qualified to be legal. Apart from the millions in pre-order cash, they also had a sack of cash prepaid fr hosting to fund it. No reason all this wasn't  done long ago makes sense.

All over the web they are patting their own backs about the 1st 28nm rig in record time and over spec. ..the reality is that not many are where they should and easily could have been by now..in customers hands hashing, they are in bits or in boxes in Sweden where they may as well be block eruptors for all the hashing they are doing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
timmmers

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:10:51 AM

Here is a good reason to have your miners hosted with KNC, they might catch fire.

http://imgur.com/2UZuUzH, http://imgur.com/a/hyA3a

Jesus. That's yours?  Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: