Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:18:30 AM

I consider last week highly unprofessional, and told them so. You can't state in your ToS that it is a b2b model and then deliver more than a week late. And I think a kind of compensaton is in order. Not only in form of a few bitcoins or cashback, that would be pretty much pointless. I want a voucher for 50% off on the next gen devices/november units for every unit which should have been here by Thursday/Friday last week.
I would agree with this. Any refund process has to work for KnC, and this kind of arrangement may be the most appropriate option for KnC to rescue customer loyalty that might diminish as a result of these issues.

Roll Eyes

KNC has done an incredible job, especially when one considers the competition. I say this having invested in a couple of group buys with them.
After the Avalon/Jifu and BFL escapades, to look at KNC being slightly behind schedule as warranting 50% off is just plain crazy.

How about they deliver your unit one week sooner but with 100 Ghash/s less like they promised?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:18:36 AM

I consider last week highly unprofessional, and told them so. You can't state in your ToS that it is a b2b model and then deliver more than a week late. And I think a kind of compensaton is in order. Not only in form of a few bitcoins or cashback, that would be pretty much pointless. I want a voucher for 50% off on the next gen devices/november units for every unit which should have been here by Thursday/Friday last week.

good luck on that .....I fully expect them to miss my later order Saturn and not have it out by oct 15th ..they may or may not...offer some kinda compensation..but they don't have too...so to me (compared to the other asic mnfg types....ie bfl refugee here...I got my order the day knc came into existence in april and still don't have bfl  equip) ...i'm a bit more interested in INTENT.....they may not be perfect but by god at least they seem to give it a good try imho ..so i'll cut them 'some' slack

again I have no hosting but if I did I believe I'd consider it 'adequate' if not ideal

no slam here just my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:23:02 AM

I would agree with this. Any refund process has to work for KnC, and this kind of arrangement may be the most appropriate option for KnC to rescue customer loyalty that might diminish as a result of these issues.

Roll Eyes

KNC has done an incredible job, especially when one considers the competition. I say this having invested in a couple of group buys with them.
After the Avalon/Jifu and BFL escapades, to look at KNC being slightly behind schedule as warranting 50% off is just plain crazy.

How about they deliver your unit one week sooner but with 100 Ghash/s less like they promised?

Why should that be crazy? Those miners are premium items, and I paid a premium for them. I know that they have a LOT of profit margin and I don't want them to issue refunds, since they need the money to get gen2 started without preorder bs.
As far as customer satisfaction goes I would have been more than happy to get it in time with 400gh/s. I fully intended to OC them anyway...
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:29:57 AM

Just read the latest news. Pretty awesome update!

I'm pretty happy and I'm sure most hosting customers are very happy also with the update. These guys seem like honest guys who don't want to screw anymore over.

So far very impressed with KNC. Definitely will be doing future business with them if all goes well.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:30:19 AM

I came across this last week, god knows about the rig, could be complete twaddle..but the payment model looks a way things could work well for the future. Half up front, half on delivery? http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.html

Compo looks fair for the hosted guys, for sure BFL wouldn't dream of ever doing anything like that. I think this is a steep learning curve on the basic logistics for KnC and next time around will be pretty much flawless. If there is a gen 2 and it's worth buying.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:35:08 AM

I came across this last week, god knows about the rig, could be complete twaddle..but the payment model looks a way things could work well for the future. Half up front, half on delivery? http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.html

Compo looks fair for the hosted guys, for sure BFL wouldn't dream of ever doing anything like that. I think this is a steep learning curve on the basic logistics for KnC and next time around will be pretty much flawless. If there is a gen 2 and it's worth buying.

looked at the above site musta missed something those  we're up front prices after a discount imho (prob due to knc news this week)...still pre-orders although the price on the 2ph was the same as a current Jupiter for nov 15th delivery they state a feb 2014 ship date

interesting but again did not see a 1/2 down 1/2 on delivery link?

again just saying (I am essentially clueless may have been right in front of me)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:37:12 AM

Roll Eyes

Why should that be crazy? Those miners are premium items, and I paid a premium for them. I know that they have a LOT of profit margin and I don't want them to issue refunds, since they need the money to get gen2 started without preorder bs.
As far as customer satisfaction goes I would have been more than happy to get it in time with 400gh/s. I fully intended to OC them anyway...

They are barely behind, that is why. And, they are shipping 30% + in more Ghash/s - That is more compensation that is reasonable, return wise.
Tell your story to the BFL and Avalon customers (of which unfortunately I am a customer) - There is a huge chance of a successful class action there.

If you feel strongly, just start a class action lawsuit, I just don't get the feeling that many people are pissed about this.
(Perhaps if the other companies delivered we'd all be on the same side, but what KNC is doing is incredible - relative or not).

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:37:57 AM

Good news! I am a late 39xx order myself so it does not affect me, however I was starting to get worried that there was something seriously wrong with the datacentre. Good that they have it up and running!
heh got you beat 304x number....

Only because my funds were tied with BFL. I was one of the last few to get a "normal" BFL refund through PayPal, though, and re-invested into KnC as soon as the money were back.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:39:55 AM

It seems the heatsink is not big enough to cover the whole area of the chip packaging, but anyway the temp is not very high and they use 140mm fans, which have low noise

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:41:17 AM

Good news! I am a late 39xx order myself so it does not affect me, however I was starting to get worried that there was something seriously wrong with the datacentre. Good that they have it up and running!

Only because my funds were tied with BFL. I was one of the last few to get a "normal" BFL refund through PayPal, though, and re-invested into KnC as soon as the money were back.

I got you both beat......I couldn't get a refund from BFL......I paid with BTC......& couldn't order a Jupiter,Saturn or even Uranus   Cheesy

Instead,I got my anus reamed,then again by Avalon  Sad  You guys got it good,even 2 weeks late would be an amazing feat   Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:43:00 AM

good for you....I did get some back from bfl also that is how I got a Saturn in addition to my Jupiter ie learned the lesson always us CC with paypal heh

the diff in our numbers imho are within a day by the by imho...heh

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:45:24 AM

I got you both beat......I couldn't get a refund from BFL......I paid with BTC......& couldn't order a Jupiter,Saturn or even Uranus   Cheesy

ouch ouch ouch

well imho I think KNC wil have something interesting out after they start shipping on NOV 15th the next batch it is what i'd do so trying to scramble and save some pennies

but then again  a person may be better off no matter what just waiting till spring of 2014 and see how all this stuff shakes out

Searing

BigLad

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:47:57 AM

Has anyone managed to connect to an altcoin pool (sha256 based) eg PPC with their miner yet?
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:57:57 AM

Had my Saturn shipped Thursday. got stuck in cologne by "customs" . there is no customs check on internal EU packages. Pkg delay-add'l security check by Gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control.
 I did a search on the above message and with the millions of UPS packages sent daily, I got 4 hits. 2 were driver errors (left the package at the wrong gate) 1 was the driver pulled over for speeding and cops checked the whole van. 4th was a train derailment  Shocked. I wonder what caused mine. Its due today but I have lost 4 days:(
Almost forgot. I rang UPS and demanded to know exactly where my package was now (Friday). Guy says Germany. where in Germany ? At the harbour. I didn't realise express shipping went by SHIP
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:58:10 AM

Instead,I got my anus reamed,then again by Avalon  Sad  You guys got it good,even 2 weeks late would be an amazing feat   Cool

Well, I didn't put much in, but my very early June Jalapeno might make me 1 BTC if it ever gets here. LOL
My Avalon GB was refunded through Sebastian but Jifu still F'd over a ton of people.

Now KNC Miner has upped the Ghash/s tremendously and I can't complain. We should all realize this is a new market, risky and such.
If I break even (with todays BTC price say) I can't complain. Eventually, if we all hold long term, we will all break even.
Even my 270 Euro Erupter that might mine .3 BTC when all is said and done will one day break even. another LOL

Go on BTC, we are a part of a great social experiment and if it costs us some monopoly money, then so be it.

BTC = Black Swan.
bobsmoke

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:05:04 AM

Just read the latest news. Pretty awesome update!

I'm pretty happy and I'm sure most hosting customers are very happy also with the update. These guys seem like honest guys who don't want to screw anymore over.

So far very impressed with KNC. Definitely will be doing future business with them if all goes well.

Very reasonable and fair compensation! Lets see when day1 people get their login details .....
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:13:28 AM

They are barely behind, that is why. And, they are shipping 30% + in more Ghash/s - That is more compensation that is reasonable, return wise.
Tell your story to the BFL and Avalon customers (of which unfortunately I am a customer) - There is a huge chance of a successful class action there.

If you feel strongly, just start a class action lawsuit, I just don't get the feeling that many people are pissed about this.
(Perhaps if the other companies delivered we'd all be on the same side, but what KNC is doing is incredible - relative or not).

Now look here: If this was a normal b2c transaction that would be no problem at all. But since this is a b2b transaction it is part of the agreement that both sides honor the agreement. The agreement was: Pay in the first week and get your unit in September day1 day 2.
I would have had no problem with getting it as late as Friday, since Thursday was a holiday in Germany. I even called them and was assured my miner would be here Friday morning at the latest.
Also, 30% Gh/s increase was no compensation. Most of us here who know a little about that stuff knew that their margins upon margins were no fluke, they stated it that way in order to avoid the BFL desaster with lesser hashrates than promised. That said, BFL is another Company in another country. In Europe they would be in jail by now and all assets returned to their customers.

If you read the thread you will notice that I always defended them when undue bs was posted about stuff they were doing. But critique has to be mentioned where it is due. Orama posted here a lot so we know that murphys is a bitch and pretty much everything went wrong at the production. But that is not the customers fault and they should be the ones kept happy.
So I ask you, what do you - as a businessman - want more? Unhappy Customers with 4-5 Btc more due to refunds/Unhappy Customers because said refunds are only for hosted Jupiters/Unhappy Customers because day 2 orders are still not in hand OR decreased profit with your gen2 devices/november units because you gave everyone who waited more than a week for their order a discount voucher so that they can MAYBE get their 3-10 days worth of btc back themselves and are happy? That is called Customer Satisfaction and companies want it because it creates returning customers. And I for myself wont buy anymore units from them until I am a happy customer.
myrond

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:18:20 AM

Had my Saturn shipped Thursday. got stuck in cologne by "customs" . there is no customs check on internal EU packages. Pkg delay-add'l security check by Gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control.
 I did a search on the above message and with the millions of UPS packages sent daily, I got 4 hits. 2 were driver errors (left the package at the wrong gate) 1 was the driver pulled over for speeding and cops checked the whole van. 4th was a train derailment  Shocked. I wonder what caused mine. Its due today but I have lost 4 days:(
Almost forgot. I rang UPS and demanded to know exactly where my package was now (Friday). Guy says Germany. where in Germany ? At the harbour. I didn't realise express shipping went by SHIP

I had mine ship 10/2/2013;  my shipping number was between 10-20;  not supposed to arrive until this Wednesday 10/9/2013.

So..  it could be worse!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:30:28 AM

Now look here: If this was a normal b2c transaction that would be no problem at all. But since this is a b2b transaction it is part of the agreement that both sides honor the agreement. The agreement was: Pay in the first week and get your unit in September day1 day 2.
I would have had no problem with getting it as late as Friday, since Thursday was a holiday in Germany. I even called them and was assured my miner would be here Friday morning at the latest.
Also, 30% Gh/s increase was no compensation. Most of us here who know a little about that stuff knew that their margins upon margins were no fluke, they stated it that way in order to avoid the BFL desaster with lesser hashrates than promised. That said, BFL is another Company in another country. In Europe they would be in jail by now and all assets returned to their customers.

If you read the thread you will notice that I always defended them when undue bs was posted about stuff they were doing. But critique has to be mentioned where it is due. Orama posted here a lot so we know that murphys is a bitch and pretty much everything went wrong at the production. But that is not the customers fault and they should be the ones kept happy.
So I ask you, what do you - as a businessman - want more? Unhappy Customers with 4-5 Btc more due to refunds/Unhappy Customers because said refunds are only for hosted Jupiters/Unhappy Customers because day 2 orders are still not in hand OR decreased profit with your gen2 devices/november units because you gave everyone who waited more than a week for their order a discount voucher so that they can MAYBE get their 3-10 days worth of btc back themselves and are happy? That is called Customer Satisfaction and companies want it because it creates returning customers. And I for myself wont buy anymore units from them until I am a happy customer.

I'm not sure if you are taking my words personal or not. I just disagree with you (but enjoy your posts and from memory do think you were always on their side). That said, perhaps I didn't know the full story. Are you saying a September 1st or 2nd delivery? If so then I take back what I said. I thought they said shipment before October, technically even the last day of September would be valid, though not nice.

I still think the 30% or so higher hashrate is pretty huge. (We have to do the math though). But, as I mentioned above, it depends on the due date. Perhaps clarify that before I give my final verdict.  Grin

I'm not sure about the B2B part. I do follow you regarding European companies being held to a higher standard (I'm in Germany and still am shocked by the protections consumers get here. But, much deserved usually.)

At this point, I can't see buying more rigs unless there really is some chance at profitability or breaking even. It is sure a fun hobby and that is as far as I think I may take it. Have to finish and see how my GB's turn out. But thus far, very clearly, it would have been better to just buy the BTC's and it isn't even close. I think the mining market might adjust somewhat due to this, but there are other factors involved, such as preferring to mine over buy and sometimes buying isn't even a possibility...

Thx,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:40:27 AM

Are any of you running extra fans on yours? some of the components could burn and catch on fire according to people. We have to figure out how to prevent this.It looks like only the controller board, so maybe we each should run extra fans on them if not the whole unit. Please speak your mind as to how you can prevent this for your miner - like extra fans or what? Is there a heatsink that I could put on top of the components or what?

http://imgur.com/a/HKLWD
http://imgur.com/a/hyA3a
http://imgur.com/2UZuUzH

Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: