Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 06:26:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006868 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1078

^ will code for bitcoins

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

you will ssh into web interface of beaglebone.
How will this be done?

I found a guide to this
http://learn.adafruit.com/ssh-to-beaglebone-black-over-usb/overview
however, it requires a USB.

KNC have said they are disabling the USB on the beaglebone in their build, so is there another way?

Your device will either get fixed IP address in factory or it will get one from your router. If it will be fixed you'll get a documentation which one it is. If you get one from your router you have to log on to your router and see the IP of the newly added device. Once you know your IP proceed with the following step:
http://learn.adafruit.com/ssh-to-beaglebone-black-over-usb/ssh-with-windows-and-putty
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:58:45 PM

you will ssh into web interface of beaglebone.
How will this be done?

I found a guide to this
http://learn.adafruit.com/ssh-to-beaglebone-black-over-usb/overview
however, it requires a USB.

KNC have said they are disabling the USB on the beaglebone in their build, so is there another way?

Your device will either get fixed IP address in factory or it will get one from your router. If it will be fixed you'll get a documentation which one it is. If you get one from your router you have to log on to your router and see the IP of the newly added device. Once you know your IP proceed with the following step:
http://learn.adafruit.com/ssh-to-beaglebone-black-over-usb/ssh-with-windows-and-putty
Cool. I saw Putty mentioned somewhere, now I get it.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:09:43 PM

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2338

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:12:30 PM

I've said this phrase too often, but "Excuse my ignorance", shouldn't CGMiner display the actual mining rate without having to do calculations?
When I look at my erupters mining, it is displaying 333MHash/s each, plain as day. Why not here?
That's because the implementation of the hashrate meter is driver dependent, and in this case, we didn't write the driver. When we do write the driver, the hashrate displayed is the effective valid hashrate only (i.e. not hardware errors).
What does a hardware error actually represent, is it a fault or something else?

The chip says "here's a share". Cgminer checks it and goes "nope, wrong". That's a hardware error. Could be for any number of reasons, including (worst case scenario) a design flaw.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:14:38 PM

Unofficially, i'm currently assembling your kit, so cheers whoever gave them the Ikea chair assembly image.

You're welcome  Grin

I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.
Time for your job interview. Bring a soldering iron, might be like this  Wink

Haha, yeah that was it. They found it very funny. Thanks for that, appreciated! Angry

Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:19:33 PM

Has anyone seen the latest statistics from the Jupiter they have mining? It was fluctuating up to 800Ghz AND IS STABLE AT 650!

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo
-Redacted-

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:19:55 PM

We need to add 20 more pages to this thread then.
O'rama - Did they see the Toyota version of that cartoon?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:20:51 PM

I've said this phrase too often, but "Excuse my ignorance", shouldn't CGMiner display the actual mining rate without having to do calculations?
When I look at my erupters mining, it is displaying 333MHash/s each, plain as day. Why not here?
That's because the implementation of the hashrate meter is driver dependent, and in this case, we didn't write the driver. When we do write the driver, the hashrate displayed is the effective valid hashrate only (i.e. not hardware errors).

ahh, and you are planning to do it? will you receive some KNC miner for testing and driver development?
Earlier on knc said they'd engage us early on in the development process... but then didn't, and wrote their own driver for cgminer. I can't predict what they'll do now and how that will impact on whether code will be merged or maintained in cgminer, but I will be asking for them to provide their driver code publicly.

-ck
adrd

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:21:23 PM

What if 469GH/s is with 1% of chip working? Are we getting 46,9TH/s devices?!
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:21:47 PM

ahh, and you are planning to do it? will you receive some KNC miner for testing and driver development?
Earlier on knc said they'd engage us early on in the development process... but then didn't, and wrote their own driver for cgminer. I can't predict what they'll do now and how that will impact on whether code will be merged or maintained in cgminer, but I will be asking for them to provide their driver code publicly.
Sigh.
It really wouldn't be that hard for them y'know...

You would probably need a building to power that. or 2
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:22:04 PM

hahahah good one!
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

doesnt really matter though right? once you get your hands on one, you can make your own awesome driver anyway....
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:25:25 PM

Unofficially, i'm currently assembling your kit, so cheers whoever gave them the Ikea chair assembly image.

You're welcome  Grin

I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.
Time for your job interview. Bring a soldering iron, might be like this  Wink

Haha, yeah that was it. They found it very funny. Thanks for that, appreciated! Angry

Wink
No problem.

Let them know I called dibs on the first 1BTC they mined on the 1st jupiter. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3276905#msg3276905

I'm going to frame it and pin it to my wall (metaphorically speaking  Cheesy ).

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:26:29 PM

Has anyone seen the latest statistics from the Jupiter they have mining? It was fluctuating up to 800Ghz AND IS STABLE AT 650!

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

That could be more than one machine...maybe Jupiter + Mercury? I wouldn't give too much weight to those numbers unless we know that they're only running 1 Jupiter on those workers.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

doesnt really matter though right? once you get your hands on one, you can make your own awesome driver anyway....
Yes I'll support any device I have myself.

But I don't see confirmation that we'll be given hardware, and I'm not buying one.

-ck
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:28:23 PM

Yes I'll support any device I have myself.

But I don't see confirmation that we'll be given hardware, and I'm not buying one.

what if i loan you my mercury?
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:29:31 PM

Sigh.

It was likely to fast-track the development/delivery. They were on a razor-thin line to make deadlines and literally cut it by seconds. Delays, even on the software side, would've thrown everything awry. I doubt they didn't want to work with the cgminer team at all, merely they sidestepped the plan at the time. Considering the team will get equipment at some point somehow, it wasn't likely to try and avoid them. Merely, deadlines mattered more.

In some work I've done in the past when it came to deadlines, it was simply easier for me to take something into my own hands and make sure it was checked-off, rather than hand it off to the person it was designated to in the first place. Revisit it in the future, without a doubt.

That could be more than one machine...maybe Jupiter + Mercury? I wouldn't give too much weight to those numbers unless we know that they're only running 1 Jupiter on those workers.

One clue we were given is they were making, on average, 1.4W/gh. It doesn't mean they were limited solely to 500gh or 600gh either. I'd imagine, especially since the chips have built-in failover, you could get much more provided you worked around providing it more power. The machines are using 860w PSU's. Just like with a AM Blade, more power, up the clock = more cycling.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:30:44 PM

Can anyone estimate how many chips per wafer can KnC make?

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
flowdab

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

Sigh.

It was likely to fast-track the development/delivery. They were on a razor-thin line to make deadlines and literally cut it by seconds. Delays, even on the software side, would've thrown everything awry. I doubt they didn't want to work with the cgminer team at all, merely they sidestepped the plan at the time. Considering the team will get equipment at some point somehow, it wasn't likely to try and avoid them. Merely, deadlines mattered more.

In some work I've done in the past when it came to deadlines, it was simply easier for me to take something into my own hands and make sure it was checked-off, rather than hand it off to the person it was designated to in the first place. Revisit it in the future, without a doubt.

One clue we were given is they were making, on average, 1.4W/gh. It doesn't mean they were limited solely to 500gh or 600gh either. I'd imagine, especially since the chips have built-in failover, you could get much more provided you worked around providing it more power. The machines are using 860w PSU's. Just like with a AM Blade, more power, up the clock = more cycling.

So you're saying I should have ordered a 1200W power supply instead of the 850 I'm having delivered tomorrow?

Fully scalable freelancing market    ✔︎     ǀ     Follow us & check our whitepaper 
C R Y P T O T A S K     ǀ     Decentralized task market     ǀ     Low fees - no limits - task market    ✔︎     ǀ                                                                          
                                                                                               Earn money by being a reviewer     ✔︎     ǀ      Website  -  Announcement  -  Twitter  -  Facebook
kano
Legendary

Activity: 2268

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

There'd be no point buying one now - it won't get back it's BTC cost - since difficulty will sky rocket in the next month or so - and they don't want us involved so I can't see one appearing on the doorstep.

(a 200% jump would mean that after that 200% jump, 469GH/s would make 22BTC in 100 days if after that jump it rose 30% each 11 days ... then subtract 850W for 100 days ...)

So ... yeah, except that they are required to provide the source code to anyone with one, that asks for the code, I can't see much else happening.

As a developer I certainly have no interest in giving someone $1000's of dollars to update their driver ... and never get that $1000's back.
That's paying someone when you do work for them - yeah not gonna happen.
I prefer to simply not lose the BTC.

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.