Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:47:25 PM

For Fast food reference:

I work in fast food. You have the blue and red reversed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

ha, chip.)

Guy’s, below we have some photos to share from our packaging house in Asia who are currently are in possession of our wafers; slicing and packaging the dies into the chips you and we so badly want to get our hands on.

The finish line is in sight. A few sleepless nights yet, but we are doing everything we can to keep our delivery promise. This is nail-biting to say the least.

Going to post some more hosting facility pictures on the forum later today as well. So look out for those. They’re from last weekend, something else we’ve forgone for the immediate future. Let’s just take a moment to thank or very understanding wives, and children, who have been exceptionally restrained and understanding considering the last few months. We’re all looking forward to making amends on some lost time there.

However, there are a couple of pictures below, we know you’ve anxiously wanted to see. As you can see we’ve managed to etch our logo onto the die itself. To give you some idea of scale, the logo itself is just under 1mm in height

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/2545-kncminer-28nm-die-photos-hot-of-the-press-from-our-packaging-assembly-house

Meat, Yay!

For those asking about pools, why not use Eligius? 0% pool fees.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

No merged-mining, no transaction payouts.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

Eligius does merge-mine NMC.  It does not pay transactions currently, I think.

Personally, I would like to see P2Pool take over the world.  A distributed pool like that could eliminate the possibility of a monopolistic pool if it could get enough hash power.  Right now, the variance is a killer for low hash-rate miners though.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:55:40 PM

Not many do both either. When they do the fees are high(er).

Other ways you can lose out is with a flaky connection (PPLNS), etc. It would be a task for the speadsheet guys/gals Wink
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:03:54 PM

For Fast food reference:

I work in fast food. You have the blue and red reversed.

lol that chart is worthy of a sticky   Cool

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:09:44 PM

KnC wasn't the only target of scam accusation, I seem to remember an unwarranted plethora of abuse directed at myself relentlessly these last few months.

Apparently not only was I talking the truth, I knew the subject I was talking about, and really did have everyone's best interests at heart with respect to secured payments, and not being scammed.

I've also been correct with every single prediction i've made. Not bad to be fair, is it?

There's a few folks here that owe me an apology, and albeit even fewer that said they would have the balls to apologise when the time came. Well let's hear it please, i'm happy to forgive, but credit, where credit's due...

Anyone up for a day 1 pickup beer? Smiley

Hell yes!

Stockholm? Would love to join.  Smiley

If it really gets delivered before October that is. Otherwise I'll have to convert my pick up into a delivery as flights are getting expensive to rebook.

Love those sexy chips btw!  Grin

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:11:20 PM

Once you guys get your miners in hand what pools will you consider using and why?

btcguild + pplns

Guys,

stop using BTCGuild, please do spread your hashing power to the other pools!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295926.0

spiccioli

I intend on switching back to my old little pool once 80% ROI is realized. However, this was an investment, and it just makes fiscal sense at the moment to go with the pool mining the most coin.

You won't make more by mining on a pool that mines the most coin, because you get paid proportional to your hash power vs. the rest of the pool.  At best, you may see less variance, but in the long run you won't make more money.  And paying a 3% pool fee means you will be actually earning less than you would on some other pools.

I'm sticking with BTCGuild for now.   I like their interface.
 If I do look for another pool I would probably point my USBees & ModMiner rig to it a few days first to test how I like it  Lips sealed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
jmw74

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:23:09 PM

Eligius does merge-mine NMC.  It does not pay transactions currently, I think.

Personally, I would like to see P2Pool take over the world.  A distributed pool like that could eliminate the possibility of a monopolistic pool if it could get enough hash power.  Right now, the variance is a killer for low hash-rate miners though.

Yeah p2pool certainly sounds like the elegant solution.  I'll probably try that first.

Is the variance really that bad?  I suppose it might be significant right now since the hashrate is skyrocketing (pool's 15% bad luck over the next month would not be offset by 15% good luck in the following month).  But still, there are so many other factors at play, I can't believe people are that concerned about possibly losing 10-20% due to bad luck that they'd willingly give up 3-5% in fees.

I presume that since the miner itself won't be running the p2pool program, we just run it on the same machine as the bitcoin node and point the miner at that, instead of 127.0.0.1.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:33:14 PM

I presume that since the miner itself won't be running the p2pool program, we just run it on the same machine as the bitcoin node and point the miner at that, instead of 127.0.0.1.

Sure. Or you can point your miners at http://dvcstable01.dvcnode.org:10332 which is a zero fee p2pool.

Plus if someone manages to figure out some kind of script or something for finding out from somewhere in the p2pool data directories how much bitcoin it paid each miner it would be possible to pay miners extra besides by selling merged mined coins and divvying up the proceeds. So far though despite bounties offered no one has come up with any tools for doing such divvying.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:37:18 PM

Once you guys get your miners in hand what pools will you consider using and why?

btcguild + pplns

+1 btcguild - PPLNS is the way to go...

Can someone point me to a low (or no) fee pool that is highly regarded? (or a discussion of same)?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

I'm not paying those ridiculously high fees unless there's some other benefit besides lowering variance.  As far as I can tell there really isn't any.

I would think all of us here should have a pretty high tolerance for variance (just another word for luck in this case), we're all basically doing one big crapshoot buying these miners in the first place.

I'm not sure I could deal with solo mining though, an average Jupiter will probably only solve maybe 2-3 blocks solo, so the odds of ending up with nothing are just a bit too high for me to go solo.  But a smaller pool is fine.

Here's the thing. the percentage rate is NOT the only thing you want to look at here.. There are plenty of reputable smaller pools, some which charge as low as 1/2% to mine with them. These sound great at face value but the fact is, they simply do not find as many blocks as say btcguild. If you don't find block, then you don't get BTC, and you therefore water down the value of each hash you put into the pool.

Now, if you are using a pool which uses PPLNS, this is a problem, since the pool will only pay you based off of blocks found. so no blocks found = no money, or in the case of smaller pools less blocks found = less money.

If the pool is using PPS, this is MUCH for the pool, and possible yourself as well depending on how much reserves the pool has, what percentage rate they take from found blocks, and their luck. This is because in a PPS pool, if you mine X amount of shares, you get paid for X amount of shares regardless of whether or not a block is found or not. This is very dangerous IMO because you are trusting that the pool doesn't go bankrupt based off of the following :

Pool has a sufficient reserve of BTC to weather the block where they do not mine coin.
Pool has a high enough percentage rake from the found blocks to sustain the reserve. and
Pool doesn't have absolutely terrible luck...

It is for these reasons why you do not see many pools still doing PPS, because it is just too risky, and there are too many players in the game now to assume a optimistic result. If you are considering PPS, you might want to read up on what happened to bitclockers.com

Case in point,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144073.0

Now with that said, BCTGuild, admittedly does own a large share of the network, but that is for a good reason. They have had the best luck at finding blocks and they are using PPLNS for calculating payments, so the pool should never go bankrupt. and this equates simply to a much higher / stable return for on each hash you contribute to the pool.

As for solo mining, if you do intend to keep your Jupiter after the difficulty goes to ridiculous and it is no longer very profitable to run them, then this may be the way to go if you don't mind burning the electricity. But at-least for now while we are in the thick of the gold rush, you are better off sticking with the pool model, and choose one that fits your level of risk.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

Here are the poll results from KNC forums, a small number of votes for a conclusion imo, still posting it here:
KnCMiner Pool (only for KnCMiner Hosting users)
16.44%
12 votes
50BTC
12.33%
9 votes
Slush’s Pool
12.33%
9 votes
BTC Guild
24.66%
18 votes
Eligius
10.96%
8 votes
BitMinter
21.92%
16 votes
OZcoin
1.37%
1 vote

Looks like BTC Guild and BitMinter are the favorites of (at least the voting) KNC customers.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:40:10 PM

KnC wasn't the only target of scam accusation, I seem to remember an unwarranted plethora of abuse directed at myself relentlessly these last few months.

Apparently not only was I talking the truth, I knew the subject I was talking about, and really did have everyone's best interests at heart with respect to secured payments, and not being scammed.

I've also been correct with every single prediction i've made. Not bad to be fair, is it?

There's a few folks here that owe me an apology, and albeit even fewer that said they would have the balls to apologise when the time came. Well let's hear it please, i'm happy to forgive, but credit, where credit's due...

Orsoc was the trigger to get me involved. Never been worried. Just put the trolls on ignore, its much easier then Smiley

Anyone up for a day 1 pickup beer? Smiley

ehh, maybe first to DC, start the mining, then get pissed.
[holding ADDICTION shares]  Wink

btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:46:00 PM

There's a thread dedicated to p2pool nodes:

**UPDATED** Current P2Pool Server List
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264533.0

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
kendog77

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:46:12 PM

Wow, Knc posts one pic of a chip and this thread turns into a giant circle jerk.

Personally, I would like to see a video of the chips hashing at the advertised speed before giving Knc too much credit...
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:47:52 PM

Here's the thing. the percentage rate is NOT the only thing you want to look at here.. There are plenty of reputable smaller pools, some which charge as low as 1/2% to mine with them. These sound great at face value but the fact is, they simply do not find as many blocks as say btcguild. If you don't find block, then you don't get BTC, and you therefore water down the value of each hash you put into the pool.

Now, if you are using a pool which uses PPLNS, this is a problem, since the pool will only pay you based off of blocks found. so no blocks found = no money, or in the case of smaller pools less blocks found = less money.

If the pool is using PPS, this is MUCH for the pool, and possible yourself as well depending on how much reserves the pool has, what percentage rate they take from found blocks, and their luck. This is because in a PPS pool, if you mine X amount of shares, you get paid for X amount of shares regardless of whether or not a block is found or not. This is very dangerous IMO because you are trusting that the pool doesn't go bankrupt based off of the following :

Pool has a sufficient reserve of BTC to weather the block where they do not mine coin.
Pool has a high enough percentage rake from the found blocks to sustain the reserve. and

It is for these reasons why you do not see many pools still doing PPS, because it is just too risky, and there are too many players in the game now to assume a optimistic result. If you are considering PPS, you might want to read up on what happened to bitclockers.com

Case in point,

Now with that said, BCTGuild, admittedly does own a large share of the network, but that is for a good reason. They have had the best luck at finding blocks and they are using PPLNS for calculating payments, so the pool should never go bankrupt. and this equates simply to a much higher / stable return for on each hash you contribute to the pool.

As for solo mining, if you do intend to keep your Jupiter after the difficulty goes to ridiculous and it is no longer very profitable to run them, then this may be the way to go if you don't mind burning the electricity. But at-least for now while we are in the thick of the gold rush, you are better off sticking with the pool model, and choose one that fits your level of risk.

You DO NOT make more money in the long run by mining on a pool that gets more blocks.  You get paid PROPORTIONALLY to your hashrate vs. the rest of the pool's hashrate.  In a big pool like BTCGuild, you will get smaller payouts more often.  In a smaller pool, like Eligius or Bitminter, your will get less payouts, but they will be bigger.  The only advantage to mining in a big pool is less variance in the short term.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:49:07 PM

Wow, Knc posts one pic of a chip and this thread turns into a giant circle jerk.

Personally, I would like to see a video of the chips hashing at the advertised speed before giving Knc too much credit...

You're just sad we didnt include you in the circle jerk... Bent dicks are not invited!  Tongue
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:50:17 PM

[funny pic]

I dont think anyone sane questioned there would be chips, not after reading the press release by orsoc.

The last months this thread was FULL of trolls questioning that there will be chips. Sane or not it doesnt matter cause we all have seen it happen.

And even now they could state that its all a photoshop fake.

You see an idiot stays an idiot regardless what happens.

Speaking of which, where's out buddy eve? With all his crying about the chips you'd think he'd at-least he would have the decency to share his latest theory as to why KNC is a scam  Tongue
kendog77

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:50:24 PM

Case in point,

You DO NOT make more money in the long run by mining on a pool that gets more blocks.  You get paid PROPORTIONALLY to your hashrate vs. the rest of the pool's hashrate.  In a big pool like BTCGuild, you will get smaller payouts more often.  In a smaller pool, like Eligius or Bitminter, your will get less payouts, but they will be bigger.  The only advantage to mining in a big pool is less variance in the short term.

You are assuming all pools have the same reliability, which is not true.

In my experience, I have found BtcGuild to be very reliable and some of the smaller pools to be less reliable.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:53:45 PM

[funny pic]

I dont think anyone sane questioned there would be chips, not after reading the press release by orsoc.

The last months this thread was FULL of trolls questioning that there will be chips. Sane or not it doesnt matter cause we all have seen it happen.

And even now they could state that its all a photoshop fake.

You see an idiot stays an idiot regardless what happens.

Speaking of which, where's out buddy eve? With all his crying about the chips you'd think he'd at-least he would have the decency to share his latest theory as to why KNC is a scam  Tongue

haha, good point. I hope hes dead. Literally dead.
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: