Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:48:47 AM

Welcome to the world class thinkers, "I can get something for nothing" crowd...

It's not me supporting the guys at the TOP of the PYRAMID! - Not anymore!
So, who is working for the "dark side"? Well, those funding the preorders for the ASIC Companies, who will make THEM Millionaires while making all of you SLAVES, hashing at a fraction of the capacity you bought into, while GIVING ENERGY, (FORCE) to those WHO CONTROL YOU!

For me, No thanks!
I retook my power from the evil dark side of ASIC mining companies.  Cool

My feelings exactly - ASICs opened the doors to the worst scams of them all - this was never possible in the GPU days -
everybody had access to real hardware vendors, not these these wannabe pretenders.  The verdict on KNC is still out,
I did consider them back in May, but decided against it when they pulled the plug on the FPGA Litecoin miner.
Instead I decided to pursue the Avalon group-buy DIY route - with a reputable organizer (Zefir) - well at least I received
a full refund from Zefir - thank you again.

At this time it does not make sense to buy any mining product, especially a pre-order, as all ASIC manufacturers use their
profits to mine, or even worse, use your pre-ordered equipment to mine (Avalon). and then don't even have the decency
to clean them up, before finally shipping them to their customers.

I am not saying that KNC is like Avalon, but their September shipping date is already moved at best to September 30, if
this month at all.
 Remember, every ASIC manufacturer is above all else your competition in this game, and they hold
the upper hand.  Angry
They still got thursday friday and monday to ship, if they work weekends to, two more days so they could still deliver before 30 sept.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:54:45 AM

pfuuu...seems like most are missing a tiny but very important fact when shouting at each other, which could relax the whole situation dramatically.

Please consider there are several kind of people involved.
Not all are in the same position, we all are individuals keep it in mind before starting the next fight.

1) ppl who do not care that much about ROI, some have fun mining and to be part of the cryptocoin movement....

Some fun paying 5000$ so that drug dealers and gamblers can have a safer payment system. I'm sure most people could find better hobbies than that. Like getting drunk on a weekend and spending what's left on a pair of russian hookers. Both hobbies result in a same financial loss, but one leaves you with memories of awesomeness while the other pretty much sums up to..well..nothing.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

I don't want to be pessimistic, but here are some facts:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-36
We will update this news site as often as we can with news. - Nothing new last 9 days?
We will even have some videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory - I saw 10 sec long video with PCB without chip this week. Where are "videos from assembly factory" from last week?
The first chips off of the production line we will run at full speed in our launch video - We are 3 working days (5 days) from deadline. Where is launch video of working unit?

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-34
Firstly, our orders for September delivery are now closed - I think, that there is a difference between shipping date and delivery date. Yes, KNC promise delivery of unit until September. - they have to process 1st day of shipping until Saturday and 2nd day of shipping until Sunday.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-32
Finally we wish to confirm that yes we are still on track for our delivery towards the end of September. - delivery not shipping (again)

@fanclub: there are just facts, you don't need to advocate KNC now.
I think they said they were on a tight schedule, hopefully they will get there ASICs out as scheduled, but one could guess that they will have a video up on the first device running probably the day before first shipping date or maby even the same day just a few hours before they ship, who knows ?

It woulden't be supprising if they are going to work weekends to during the first batches 15-20 days or so shipping windows, but even if they dont they still have thursday, friday and monday to start the delivery on.
Im pretty sure there should be people in Sweden on day 1 that should get there device the same day it's shipped if the first days delivery is sent early in the morning and some people in Sweden(and probably some from other country's to) that bought at least 5-10 machines or so will probably go and pick up there machines in person at KnC's place in Stockholm on there shippmentdate(to earn another 1-2k usd value in extra mined btc's) if there resonably early in the delievery order, so if they send out there first 500 or so day 1 devices even on monday morning there should be people that get there devices up and working in September...

btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:02:31 AM

pfuuu...seems like most are missing a tiny but very important fact when shouting at each other, which could relax the whole situation dramatically.

Please consider there are several kind of people involved.
Not all are in the same position, we all are individuals keep it in mind before starting the next fight.

1) ppl who do not care that much about ROI, some have fun mining and to be part of the cryptocoin movement....

Some fun paying 5000$ so that drug dealers and gamblers can have a safer payment system. I'm sure most people could find better hobbies than that. Like getting drunk on a weekend and spending what's left on a pair of russian hookers. Both hobbies result in a same financial loss, but one leaves you with memories of awesomeness while the other pretty much sums up to..well..nothing.

If you state that btc is about drugs, gambling and other illegal shit only, you have proven not to be well informed, you do not have the tiniest clue about its nature, structure, services in place, acceptance, etc.

Some of my friends work at Porsche and earn good money. They considered spending some hundred euros on an idea which could change the world....just for fun.
In case you do not know, BTC is not anonymous...fiat is anonymous and being used for crimes of all kind...even faked cash exists

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 11:26:20 AM

It also only takes one click to get your browser hit by a fly-by zeroday attack...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 11:28:59 AM

Yep, everyone is on tenderhooks, and it's difficult to make people relax a little.

Oh, and by the way, a very good article, highly recommended: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

In other words, you don't make a ROI in much the same way that you don't make GH/s. ROI is a performance measurement. Now I'm done with the topic of ROI Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:31:29 AM

Yep, everyone is on tenderhooks, and it's difficult to make people relax a little.

Oh, an by the way, a very good article, highly recommended: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

Wink

Let's hope that a simple image make this very simple finance concept to stick in the heads of illiterate bitcoin miners.

tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:41:01 AM

Oh, and by the way, a very good article, highly recommended: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

In other words, you don't make a ROI in much the same way that you don't make GH/s. ROI is a performance measurement. Now I'm done with the topic of ROI Wink

It is quite common within subcultures for the meaning of words to be preverted.

Not much you can do once they take root.

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:48:22 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 12:01:01 PM by The Avenger

There should be a specific measure for bitcoin.

Clawing back what you invested on mining equipment = Return on Bitcoin = ROB

If you make your money back, you were not ROB'd  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:52:00 AM

Look everybody knows this formula already, but your conclusion makes no sense whatsoever. You can absolutely make a Return on your Investment, saying that's incorrect because there's a formula behind those words is just silly. When people talk about 'making or achieving ROI' they obviously mean positive ROI as negative or 0 ROI is not a 'Return on your Investment'. Get this simple fact through your head please, I'm sure you're smart enough to understand it.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 11:53:35 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 12:12:19 PM by Nemo1024

The Avenger, brilliant suggestion!  Grin
It will also make explicit that independent of the exchange rate, you should return all the BTC that you invested before breaking even.

@Miz4r: Ok, I give up. When travelling to work today I covered a distance of 15km/h. See what I did there? Wink The pedantic scientist part of me slowly bleeds when I see people abuse units of measurement...

I invest 15 BTC into a miner. It earns 10 BTC by the end of its life. I've made a ROI! But I have not broken even.

ROI = (10-15)/15 = -0.333

Look everybody knows this formula already, but your conclusion makes no sense whatsoever. You can absolutely make a Return on your Investment, saying that's incorrect because there's a formula behind those words is just silly. When people talk about 'making or achieving ROI' they obviously mean positive ROI as negative or 0 ROI is not a 'Return on your Investment'.

No, you can't be "making or achieving ROI" in the sense of reaching a certain threshold. What you can do is to "make" or "get" some ROI, which can be any value between -Inf and +Inf.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:57:23 AM

Look everybody knows this formula already, but your conclusion makes no sense whatsoever. You can absolutely make a Return on your Investment, saying that's incorrect because there's a formula behind those words is just silly. When people talk about 'making or achieving ROI' they obviously mean positive ROI as negative or 0 ROI is not a 'Return on your Investment'. Get this simple fact through your head please, I'm sure you're smart enough to understand it.

+1  We'll use "making ROI" however we choose to use it, thanks...

Ummm.   Tried to change the shipping address for my Jupiters.  Received this response:

As we are very close to the production date, all October orders have been finalized and sent for production.

The shipping addresses have been forwarded to UPS and registered in the system for shipping. Therefore, any changes of orders cannot be accepted.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Best regards  | Med vänlig hälsning  
Keith Gurnett  
Kncminer

www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:57:48 AM

Repost - best reddit comment in a long time
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mgh0s/well_despite_all_the_talk_of_never_seeing_a_roi_i/cc91870
Quote from: historian1111
People need to STOP using fiat exchange rates to calculate mining profitability. Doesn't matter if you use USD/EUR/YEN/POUNDS.
Think about what you're actually doing when you buy a mining device. You are buying a machine that does one thing and one thing ONLY, it makes bitcoins. Infact, for all intents and purposes, it only makes a finite amount of bitcoins.
If you are smart, you can calculate how many bitcoins your miner is likely to ever make. If you buy a miner for 100BTC, and it only mines 90BTC, then you have lost 10BTC.
Now heres the trick that manufacturers do to rip off the uninformed. They have calculated that the miner will only make 90BTC, so instead of plugging it in and running it for a year or so, they try to sell you the miner for 100BTC! Not only do they get 10BTC more, but they get their return right away. (The time value of money is also valuable)
So instead of selling the miner to you at 100BTC, they just say '$10,000' (assuming the exchange rate was $100/btc). This tricks most people into trying to worry about what the future exchange rate is. But its actually irrelevant!
Why? Because with your $10,000 you could buy 100BTC right now on an exchange, instead of buying a miner that will only return 90BTC to you. So, you're effectively paying $10,000/90 = $111 per BTC instead of $100 per BTC. You just got ripped off.
When you buy a miner that does not ROI in BTC terms, you are basically paying a higher exchange rate then you can get today on MTGOX.
Another way to look at is, is imagine that I tell you to send me 100BTC or $10,000, and in return i'll give you 90BTC back. Only an idiot would say "don't worry, even though i got 90BTC back, i'll make up for it when the exchange rate goes up! " You're still missing out on 10BTC that you would have if you just bought on MTGOX!
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:01:03 PM

Please stop this immediately. This information is too accurate for this thread.

What, are you insane or sth?Huh Immediately revert to FUDing or else... !

(next thing someone will be explaining Lynx to the pre-webschoolers! OMG!)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:03:53 PM

The shipping addresses have been forwarded to UPS and registered in the system for shipping. Therefore, any changes of orders cannot be accepted.

so we (1/2 day) can't ask for refund?
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:04:03 PM

Ummm.   Tried to change the shipping address for my Jupiters.  Received this response:

As we are very close to the production date, all October orders have been finalized and sent for production.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:05:01 PM

Get some help.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:06:34 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 12:21:10 PM by The Avenger

Ummm.   Tried to change the shipping address for my Jupiters.  Received this response:

That makes absolutely no sense at all.
I think you are seeing the "no mass refund" clause in action. Although it could be they are ultra-close to shipping

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

so we (1/2 day) can't ask for refund?

I wondered if this meant that refunds were closed, possibly even for all days? I know the 1/2 day thing is a badge of honor, but my payment was submitted before a number of 1/2 people, and I don't really think there's going to be much difference in shipping times as it sounds like they'll be pushing a ton of their stuff out the door all at once.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:13:10 PM

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Best regards  | Med vänlig hälsning  
Keith Gurnett  
Kncminer

www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

wow, no refunds.

BFL style.
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: