Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a]  (Read 179210 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:33:28 AM

Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
I would imagine its merits would become clearer as we add more features and algorithms and develop helper applications that take advantage of it.
As for raw performance, I will do everything I can to make it a top-notch OpenCL miner.
Now that I have more time and resources, I can try things that were previously impossible for me, and I am really excited about that.

so is excavator a closed source product using opensource algos? ...

yet no opensourced gpl licence adherence? ...

and you are 'happy' to work on a system that breaks the licensing agreements? ... if of course that is the case - which it seems likely it is ... though i could be completely wrong about this - i have yet to see - thats all ...

im interested to know how this free windows based miner stands up to that test - especially since nicehash can buy almost any dev they please in the current btc market ...

who owns nicehash btw? ... as much as the nicehash service is pretty awesome service by most standards - there is little information about where when and how it was established and who owns it ... i use it - and so does our company - as it IS a good system that has been created here ... but outstanding questions have yet to be answered here as those ive raised - and im more curious than i am anything else ...

be that as it may - congrats on the 'job' anyway mate ... nicehash certainly know how to pull in the good devs ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zawawa

Activity: 728
Merit: 304

Miner Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:18:50 AM

Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
I would imagine its merits would become clearer as we add more features and algorithms and develop helper applications that take advantage of it.
As for raw performance, I will do everything I can to make it a top-notch OpenCL miner.
Now that I have more time and resources, I can try things that were previously impossible for me, and I am really excited about that.

and you are 'happy' to work on a system that breaks the licensing agreements? ... if of course that is the case - which it seems likely it is ... though i could be completely wrong about this - i have yet to see - thats all ...

im interested to know how this free windows based miner stands up to that test - especially since nicehash can buy almost any dev they please in the current btc market ...

who owns nicehash btw? ... as much as the nicehash service is pretty awesome service by most standards - there is little information about where when and how it was established and who owns it ... i use it - and so does our company - as it IS a good system that has been created here ... but outstanding questions have yet to be answered here as those ive raised - and im more curious than i am anything else ...

be that as it may - congrats on the 'job' anyway mate ... nicehash certainly know how to pull in the good devs ...

#crysx

I really don't know what to say about the second question, but I can answer the first question in clear terms:

There would be NO GPL VIOLATIONS.

I wouldn't work for this project otherwise as I have been a GPL guy most of my life.
I will only use MIT-licensed codes and my own codes for this project.
I won't be using other people's codes that were licensed under the GPL.
MIT-licensed codes can be lawfully used in closed-source projects, and I can do pretty much anything with my own codes.
I hope this clarifies things for you.

Gateless Gate Sharp, an open-source ETH/XMR miner: http://bit.ly/2rJ2x4V
BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 08:55:43 AM

#crysx

I really don't know what to say about the second question, but I can answer the first question in clear terms:

There would be NO GPL VIOLATIONS.

I wouldn't work for this project otherwise as I have been a GPL guy most of my life.
I will only use MIT-licensed codes and my own codes for this project.
I won't be using other people's codes that were licensed under the GPL.
MIT-licensed codes can be lawfully used in closed-source projects, and I can do pretty much anything with my own codes.
I hope this clarifies things for you.

that is great to hear ...

and also great to see that a developer of your calibre would appreciate where im coming from with this ...

it is not an attack of any sort ... just merely a disappointment of a system that i ( and many many others ) have used for a long time now - if it had been any form of violation of licensing - such as what sp does on a daily basis and makes money from ... no matter how small amount he says he makes ...

nicehash itself - regardless of fees - is a system setup so well that it has outgrown many others in a short space of time ... so to see that all is above board is a gratifying thing ...

though there is no means to measure this currently - it is taken and based on the words of reliable people like yourself ...

it clarifies much for me mate - tanx ...

#crysx

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 09:02:37 AM

#crysx

Excavator does not and will never violate GPL licenses when it comes to including work/optimisations of other dev's mining code. Currently, it has equihash and pascal algorithms, both developed and based entirely on MIT licenses of various people. zawawa is putting in his own pascal implementation and his own equihash implementation (based on silentarmys MIT license). We are also talking with several devs to include other popular algorithms such as decred, lyra2rev2, lbry and we are aware that if we go down that road, authors of these codes need to make special non-GPL code for us and that costs - and we are fully prepared to pay for that.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 09:11:18 AM

#crysx

Excavator does not and will never violate GPL licenses when it comes to including work/optimisations of other dev's mining code. Currently, it has equihash and pascal algorithms, both developed and based entirely on MIT licenses of various people. zawawa is putting in his own pascal implementation and his own equihash implementation (based on silentarmys MIT license). We are also talking with several devs to include other popular algorithms such as decred, lyra2rev2, lbry and we are aware that if we go down that road, authors of these codes need to make special non-GPL code for us and that costs - and we are fully prepared to pay for that.

and so it is ...

im fully aware of that ... and as such - i needed confirmation - which you have readily given and not withheld ...

this is rare in this day and age of crypto - so one can expect such questions to arise from time to time ...

tanx for your openness and honesty with the response ...

im still wondering ( this is merely a to amuse my curiosity more than anything at all ) who is the actual owner of nicehash and its servers / segments? ... its a comprehensive and complex system that has been created - and a financially successful one at that - even though the infrastructure does cost ... so i ask this question to satisfy my curiosity as to whether this is a single person - single entity - or a conglomeration of people who actually own and continue to grow this behemoth os a mining system ...

kudos to whoever and whatever has set this up ...

#crysx

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 09:22:51 AM

#crysx

and so it is ...

im fully aware of that ... and as such - i needed confirmation - which you have readily given and not withheld ...

this is rare in this day and age of crypto - so one can expect such questions to arise from time to time ...

im still wondering ( this is merely a to amuse my curiosity more than anything at all ) who is the actual owner of nicehash and its servers / segments? ... its a comprehensive and complex system that has been created - and a financially successful one at that - even though the infrastructure does cost ... so i ask this question to satisfy my curiosity as to whether this is a single person - single entity - or a conglomeration of people who actually own and continue to grow this behemoth os a mining system ...

#crysx

It will be revealed soon, but so far I can say that it is two legal companies and a bunch of people and of course, expanding to more and more people.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 09:25:18 AM

#crysx

and so it is ...

#crysx

It will be revealed soon, but so far I can say that it is two legal companies and a bunch of people and of course, expanding to more and more people.

tanx mate ...

#crysx

guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:50:05 PM

I haven't played around with the settings as much as some of you, but my best speed (and OC) is around 648 S/s.  Power lim at 120%, +140 core, +500 mem.  Temp gets as high as 85c.  I think efficiency was somewhere around 2.x - Core was at around 1980 MHz while mem is 5508 MHz.  Power draw was around 275W I think.  Fan was at around 80%

I found the best efficiency I could do was just leave it at base clock (1480/5005).  Dialed the power lim it 63% and leave the core and mem clock at +0.  This leaves me with 540 S/s at 3.4 efficiency, 72c (lower fan speed - 42%) and power draw of 157W.

For GTX 1080 Ti, best setting is: +240 core, -300 mem, 60% TDP. You get 630 sol/s (if you keep temps low) at 150 W.

This works for me using EWBF's miner, but not yours.  For whatever reason it crashes if I go beyond +140 on the core.

I didn't think it mattered because the 60% power limit would keep the core at around 1500 MHz anyways, but apparently it does.  Not sure how that works.

With EWBF's miner, it hashes about the same as yours (530-540 S/s) with +140 (1500 MHz limited by power at 60%).  But at +240, yours crashes but EWBF's will mine at 610-630 S/s even though the core still only get as high as around 1500 MHz limited by power at 60%.

So not sure why it performs better at +240 vs +140 even though the actual clock speed is the same due to power limits.  Also don't know why excavator crashes over +140 but not EWBF.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
jenifive

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:44:33 PM

Hi, miners.

We are presenting excavator - multi-algorithm advanced CUDA miner. Miner is close-sourced, but open to ANY pool and does NOT contain any fees. excavator is brought to you by NiceHash.

Supported algorithms:

equihash
pascal
sha256t

Some speed results:

equihash:
optimized GTX 1080 at 60% TDP = 500 Sol/s
optimized GTX 1070 at 60% TDP = 440 Sol/s

pascal:
optimized GTX 1080 at 60% TDP = 1240 MH/s
optimized GTX 1070 at 60% TDP = 970 MH/s

The main goal of excavator is to reach the best possible ratio between performance and energy consumption, thus providing the highest overall profits.

Download windows binary

Use
Code:
excavator.exe -h
for all available options.

Example: Mining with NVIDIA GPU on NiceHash EU location using Pascal algorithm:

Code:
excavator.exe -a pascal -s pascal.eu.nicehash.com:3358 -u [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -ca

Available locations are eu, usa, jp, hk.

Thank you for your using our service and keep on hashing! Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team

How to get 440 sol on 60% TDP on 1070?
Im getting 435 sol on 80% on 1070 Palit.

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 10:47:01 PM

Every card brand has different TDP meaning, so for palit 1070 80% TDP is let say 130w, and for MSI gaming 80% TDP is 180w...

so TDP can not be compared as that

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
SS2006

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 11:48:26 PM

I only get 440 sols using gtx 1080 on excavator. I get 500 on ewbf. Any ideas? Am I missing some setting
airwalker2662

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:01:09 AM

Not really. Nicehash hired someone to keep up development of excavator for AMD cards but appears to have given up on nVidia clients. EWBF's is the only one publicly available that is our best miner on equihash. I have no idea if Nicehash has any intentions to develop a competing variant for nVidia cards.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 12:44:22 AM

Not really. Nicehash hired someone to keep up development of excavator for AMD cards but appears to have given up on nVidia clients. EWBF's is the only one publicly available that is our best miner on equihash. I have no idea if Nicehash has any intentions to develop a competing variant for nVidia cards.

they havent given up on nvidia ...

Wink ...

#crysx

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:47:47 AM

I only get 440 sols using gtx 1080 on excavator. I get 500 on ewbf. Any ideas? Am I missing some setting

Yeah... you need to overclock your 1080 on excavator to get the same on stock settings on ewbf..  Roll Eyes

they still need to do more work on excavator.

i have three 1070, one 1060  and doing 1600 Sol/s pulling 600 watts at the wall with ewbf all cards at stock settings.
with excavator i'm doing 1450 Sol/s pulling 560 watts at the wall with stock settings.
SS2006

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:34:08 AM

ya i figured out whats happening, for whatever reason excavator drops my GTX 1080 memory down by 400 hz
I have to overclock my memory by 800 mhz (5800), so that when excavator launches, it drops it down to 5400, which is still 'good', and i get 500 sols then on my gtx 1080
but very unstable. EWBF figured out how to not have this happen obviously as with stock settings (not overclocked memory) I'm getting 500+ sols with his miner

Here is a photo showing the ridiculous memory overlclock I need to make nice hash miner (excavator) keep up with ewbf. notice that even with +800 and a clock of 5800, when excavator launches, it drops to 5350  Huh

http://imgur.com/gEx0wmp

EDIT: This seems to happen (the memory drop) on other algorithms too using nicehash miner, including LYRA etc, so seems like im not mining to max on any coin. Hopefully nicehash miner gets updated with a fix for nvidia
alucard20724

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:19:01 AM

ya i figured out whats happening, for whatever reason excavator drops my GTX 1080 memory down by 400 hz
I have to overclock my memory by 800 mhz (5800), so that when excavator launches, it drops it down to 5400, which is still 'good', and i get 500 sols then on my gtx 1080
but very unstable. EWBF figured out how to not have this happen obviously as with stock settings (not overclocked memory) I'm getting 500+ sols with his miner

Here is a photo showing the ridiculous memory overlclock I need to make nice hash miner (excavator) keep up with ewbf. notice that even with +800 and a clock of 5800, when excavator launches, it drops to 5350  Huh

http://imgur.com/gEx0wmp

EDIT: This seems to happen (the memory drop) on other algorithms too using nicehash miner, including LYRA etc, so seems like im not mining to max on any coin. Hopefully nicehash miner gets updated with a fix for nvidia

i keep my nvidia with ewbf on nicehash, amd with claymore on nicehashminer on nicehash, and cpus on miningpoolhub using multipoolminer.  If nicehash starts supporting Lyra2z, then i'll switch my cpu to nicehash.  currently Lyra2z (zcoin) has been 3 to 4 times more profitable than cryptonight.
SS2006

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:06:01 AM

i just like the convenience of nicehash miner, (auto switch etc), can I have it use ewbf instead of excavator for when it decides to do equihash mining?
alucard20724

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:11:32 AM

i just like the convenience of nicehash miner, (auto switch etc), can I have it use ewbf instead of excavator for when it decides to do equihash mining?

nicehash will never support ewbf... they don't like each other.   Hopefully one day they'll kiss and makeup, but i'm not holding my breath for it to happen.
zawawa

Activity: 728
Merit: 304

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:33:36 AM

My understanding is that NiceHash prioritizes usability over a slight advantage in raw performance, and resources are allocated accordingly.
I am *very* interested in raw performance, though. I am working on the Pascal OpenCL kernel now, and Equihash would be next.
I cannot wait to get my hands dirty with Equihash again...

Gateless Gate Sharp, an open-source ETH/XMR miner: http://bit.ly/2rJ2x4V
BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ
kopija

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:16:55 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 07:33:25 AM by kopija

Quote from: alucard20724

i keep my nvidia with ewbf on nicehash, amd with claymore on nicehashminer on nicehash, and cpus on miningpoolhub using multipoolminer.  If nicehash starts supporting Lyra2z, then i'll switch my cpu to nicehash.  currently Lyra2z (zcoin) has been 3 to 4 times more profitable than cryptonight.

Why not use miningpoolhub for all your miners? They charge .9% fee  and you can exchange mined coins to coin of your choice for 0.2% additional fee.
So its 1.1% vs. 3% fee.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: