March 19, 2024, 07:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 20076 20077 20078 20079 20080 20081 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 20125 [20126] 20127 20128 20129 20130 20131 20132 20133 20134 20135 20136 20137 20138 20139 20140 20141 20142 20143 20144 20145 20146 20147 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 20154 20155 20156 20157 20158 20159 20160 20161 20162 20163 20164 20165 20166 20167 20168 20169 20170 20171 20172 20173 20174 20175 20176 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330523 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:26:54 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), conspirosphere.tk (1)

I am pretty sure you can game the tax systems by “earning” all your income while offshore or in a tax free jurisdiction  and not staying in any particular Western country for more than 179 days [does not work for US citizens]

So fly to Dubai to cash out your BTC and then go skiing for a couple of months, rinse repeat. 

You can take the foreign earned income exclusion which is about $102k if you are outside of the US for 330 days out of the year.

The thing is, that's different from capital gains tax...no exclusion there.

I have tried every avenue to turn my bitcoin capital into income. My original idea was to give/loan/etc. my bitcoins to a foreign company in Turks & Caicos (allows for a single owner of a company, 0% capital gains and income taxes).

But there is a law in the US where if you have over 10% ownership in a company and they sell any capital, you have to pay taxes on it as if you yourself sold that capital.

I considered a Charitable Remainder Trust that allows you to put your money into a trust with a certain amount going to a charity upon your death with the rest held by the trust and you can earn income from that. But with that you have to hand over control of all of that money to another entity to invest with no input from you. Part of your investment would be held for the charitable contribution.

Instead I am just hodling until the US collapses. I can cash out (spend) about $37k of my bitcoins each year and pay no taxes. I am a minimalist so that is plenty for me.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:31:01 AM

Sure.

The US has a problem in that it’s citizens still have to pay tax on their global income even if they are not US tax residents.  This is a uniquely US problem afaik.  

Giving up US citizenship for something like NZ citizenship is one obvious route.  You can buy NZ citizenship through an investment scheme. 

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/investing-in-nz/visas/investor-visa
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:37:57 AM

Sure.

The US has a problem in that it’s citizens still have to pay tax on their global income even if they are not US tax residents.  This is a uniquely US problem afaik.  

Giving up US citizenship for something like NZ citizenship is one obvious route.  You can buy NZ citizenship through an investment scheme. 

Giving up your US citizenship comes with an exit fee plus you have to pay taxes on all of your assets as if you sold them right then (even without selling it).
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:40:01 AM

I am pretty sure you can game the tax systems by “earning” all your income while offshore or in a tax free jurisdiction  and not staying in any particular Western country for more than 179 days [does not work for US citizens]

So fly to Dubai to cash out your BTC and then go skiing for a couple of months, rinse repeat. 
The problem that I have is specifically with owning property in that kind of situation. I don't want to go from hotel to hotel or Airbnb to Airbnb for the travel part. But if I could just own two houses and have each of them set up as a fully functional base then I would be perfectly happy to just fly over from one to the other every 6 months. Just haven't found anything specific regarding this edge case yet.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:41:41 AM

Sure.

Giving up your US citizenship comes with an exit fee plus you have to pay taxes on all of your assets as if you sold them right then (even without selling it).
In my book Bitcoin is still pretty cheap, so getting the fuck out of the US would be my highest priority before the exit tax multiplies by another factor of 10 to 100. What's the point in being a digital nomad if you're still paying taxes on anything over 102k (you could freelance and get paid in Bitcoins)?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:44:05 AM

The problem that I have is specifically with owning property in that kind of situation. I don't want to go from hotel to hotel or Airbnb to Airbnb for the travel part. But if I could just own two houses and have each of them set up as a fully functional base then I would be perfectly happy to just fly over from one to the other every 6 months. Just haven't found anything specific regarding this edge case yet.

I think in Thailand you have to be a citizen to buy...you can lease, which is what most foreigners do. Actually most marry a local and the wife buys the property.
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:00:52 AM

I think in Thailand you have to be a citizen to buy...you can lease, which is what most foreigners do. Actually most marry a local and the wife buys the property.

Then you´re done  Smiley

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:03:16 AM

The citizen part was what I was worried about. Seems to be that case everywhere. I know that foreigners can buy property in Japan, but it seems like that is only for commercial purposes (such as renting out). Suppose using family could work though (in case there are no decent countries that allow non-citizens to own property for private use).
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:07:41 AM

The McAfee Curve
Interactive chart with the math behind it.

Pretty interesting have a look.

https://fnordprefekt.de/

There is a discussion on r/bitcoin on reddit.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

The McAfee Curve

The date lines up way too conveniently with an exact $1,000,000. Seems like he tried to fit a curve that would do just that as opposed to crunching numbers.

Edit: It's also a very basic curve and doesn't seem to have any hint of point set topology as he claimed numerous times. Although that might be due to point set topology just being topology and thus the basis of just about all Math and certainly analysis. In which case there would be no reason to bring it up in the first place.

I'm not a topologist though, so I wouldn't know if there is any reason to specifically mention "point set" topology.

In either case, if this website is based on his "models" I fail to see the analytical rigour that he touted so proudly.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1122

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:21:56 AM

The McAfee Curve

The date lines up way too conveniently with an exact $1,000,000. Seems like he tried to fit a curve that would do just that as opposed to crunching numbers.

Edit: It's also a very basic curve and doesn't seem to have any hint of point set topology as he claimed numerous times. Although that might be due to point set topology just being topology and thus the basis of just about all Math and certainly analysis. In which case there would be no reason to bring it up in the first place.

I'm not a topologist though, so I wouldn't know if there is any reason to specifically mention "point set" topology.

In either case, if this website is based on his "models" I fail to see the analytical rigour that he touted so proudly.

Very basic curve, in fact, it's a straight line.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:23:45 AM

The McAfee Curve

Very basic curve, in fact, it's a straight line.
It's a nonlinear curve if you zoom out far enough. Speaking of which, I once had a Math teacher that insisted that linear functions are any line, not just straight lines. Not sure if he was retarded or if he just didn't like my attitude. Probably both.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:39:24 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 07:50:03 AM by realr0ach

Bitcoin does not solve A SINGLE PROBLEM that physical silver and gold does not already solve better.
Nope. Here's a problem Bitcoin solves that silver doesnt. I want to hold something that isnt a physical object and that I dont have to have physically guarded. The silver can be be lost or stolen by force or by natural disaster, etc. Its also heavy and impossible to conceal when travelling by airplane.

Another bullshit post.  You do not get to ignore the fact bitcoin's value proposition is derived from decentralization, yet it's designed to centralize, giving it zero fundamentals and zero value.  Why is bitcoin currently worth $8k? Because the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.  It will go to zero from having no fundamentals.  It's only a question of how long can the completely centralized Chinese mining monopoly trick people into buying them with the fraud they pull on Bitfinex day in and day out.

We ALL fucking know Huobi was a giant scam where any price movement was not from people actually buying coins, but just complete fraud of someone entering a few digits on a keyboard and claiming that's the bitcoin price while hoping westerners would then purchase at that price on legit exchanges as the mining monopoly dumps on them.  Bitfinex is the exact same thing.  

You haven't noticed the most scammy, least trustable exchange operating in bitcoin at the time from Gox to Huobi to Bitfinex is ALWAYS the market maker, price setting exchange?

There's an obvious reason for that.  The price is always set by fraud.  They are literally selling you imaginary packets of air while setting the price tag at whatever they want.  The govt is more than happy for all of this to go on because they want you in a cashless society slave system; they do not want you to get ahold of any type of monetary instrument of real value like physical metals, and they want to do a stealth confiscation of all metals by rigging the price low and buying them all (i.e. by proxies like JP Morgan cornering the entire silver market) before the economic system implodes.
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

So whats the word on what we need to officially break out of this downtrend?

We gotta wait till 12k? Or can we call it sooner?
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

Is that racist?
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:52:01 AM

The citizen part was what I was worried about. Seems to be that case everywhere. I know that foreigners can buy property in Japan, but it seems like that is only for commercial purposes (such as renting out). Suppose using family could work though (in case there are no decent countries that allow non-citizens to own property for private use).

About 9 of 10 people, i know, lost everything this way, in Thailand. Don´t do it !
It´s a wonderfull country, but just "rent" there.

My Plan: Retirement Visa, and if they decide to open a Karaoke right opposite (which happened to me, complete with a gun waving Thai, never ran faster in my life), i´ll just move.

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:05:28 AM

another problem gold and silver has is my situation as a digital nomad traveling the world. How do I pack up all of my belongings and relocate to my next country (as I tend to do) with all of my gold in my suitcase?

Nobody said life is easy.  In the past, EVERYONE knew fiat bills were NOT money and were just receipts for actual money (silver and gold).  NOTHING has changed since then.  NOTHING.  The only place wealth can be stored is in the physical world, either through physical commodities, commodity currency like silver and gold, land, or some other abstract item that resides in this plane of existence like possibly art.  You CANNOT store wealth in zeros and ones. Those are called fucking RECEIPTS, IOUs, artificial scarcity congames, NOT wealth.

Do you even comprehend what would happen if it was that easy to transfer real wealth 2000 miles away instantly with a mouse click?  Things like the Pareto Principle would cause every single drop of wealth in the world to instantly vacuum out of most countries and into one psychopath's house probably in Jew York or Tel Aviv.  The fact wealth cannot be instantly sucked out of every nation of earth with a mouse click is a good thing.  It's a fucking governor to prevent instant collapse of the entire planet, just like the speed of light is needed to prevent everything from happening at once.  Life requires friction to exist.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:12:31 AM

About 9 of 10 people, i know, lost everything this way, in Thailand. Don´t do it !
It´s a wonderfull country, but just "rent" there.

My Plan: Retirement Visa, and if they decide to open a Karaoke right opposite (which happened to me, complete with a gun waving Thai, never ran faster in my life), i´ll just move.

I'm not interested in Thailand (already lived there for a while and wouldn't want to retire there). I'd like a house in two different Western countries (or one Western country and Japan) for tax purposes though, just not sure how viable that strategy is.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:14:06 AM

another problem gold and silver has is my situation as a digital nomad traveling the world. How do I pack up all of my belongings and relocate to my next country (as I tend to do) with all of my gold in my suitcase?

Nobody said life is easy.  In the past, EVERYONE knew fiat bills were NOT money and were just receipts for actual money (silver and gold).  NOTHING has changed since then.  NOTHING.  The only place wealth can be stored is in the physical world, either through physical commodities, commodity currency like silver and gold, land, or some other abstract item that resides in this plane of existence like possibly art.  You CANNOT store wealth in zeros and ones. Those are called fucking RECEIPTS, IOUs, artificial scarcity congames, NOT wealth.

Do you even comprehend what would happen if it was that easy to transfer real wealth 2000 miles away instantly with a mouse click?  Things like the Pareto Principle would cause every single drop of wealth in the world to instantly vacuum out of most countries and into one psychopath's house probably in Jew York or Tel Aviv.  The fact wealth cannot be instantly sucked out of every nation of earth with a mouse click is a good thing.  It's a fucking governor to prevent instant collapse of the entire planet, just like the speed of light is needed to prevent everything from happening at once.  Life requires friction to exist.

Sometimes you blow me away, i´ll give you that !

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 08:16:56 AM
Merited by edgar (1)

troll quote about j00s

Hmm...I do know what happens if it is that easy to transfer real wealth 2000 miles away instantly with a mouse click. I get my web hosting service paid for.

But I guess my web hosting service has no value? So you're saying I should not have paid my hosting service any money for that service? They scammed me!?!

Should I be shorting Google stock because all of their value is in digital services?

The sad fact (for you) is that some ones and zeros have value. Just like the word yes or no in certain situations. Yes you got that job. That yes is a pretty great thing. A no would be bad. A picture made up of bits can be a beautiful thing. A whole lot of pictures and sound made out of bits makes some pretty spectacular movies. Saying that the movie is just a bunch of ones and zeros changes nothing about the experience.

I'm not sure how you're even sharing your information about those ones and zeros across thousands of miles without ones and zeros.
Pages: « 1 ... 20076 20077 20078 20079 20080 20081 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 20125 [20126] 20127 20128 20129 20130 20131 20132 20133 20134 20135 20136 20137 20138 20139 20140 20141 20142 20143 20144 20145 20146 20147 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 20154 20155 20156 20157 20158 20159 20160 20161 20162 20163 20164 20165 20166 20167 20168 20169 20170 20171 20172 20173 20174 20175 20176 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: