May 11, 2024, 07:51:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19029 19030 19031 19032 19033 19034 19035 19036 19037 19038 19039 19040 19041 19042 19043 19044 19045 19046 19047 19048 19049 19050 19051 19052 19053 19054 19055 19056 19057 19058 19059 19060 19061 19062 19063 19064 19065 19066 19067 19068 19069 19070 19071 19072 19073 19074 19075 19076 19077 19078 [19079] 19080 19081 19082 19083 19084 19085 19086 19087 19088 19089 19090 19091 19092 19093 19094 19095 19096 19097 19098 19099 19100 19101 19102 19103 19104 19105 19106 19107 19108 19109 19110 19111 19112 19113 19114 19115 19116 19117 19118 19119 19120 19121 19122 19123 19124 19125 19126 19127 19128 19129 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381906 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:45:38 PM

226 bytes x 470 bytes / 100.000.000 x 14400$ = 15.29$.

And that's for the fastest type of transaction.

At 130 sat/byte you get a confirmation in ~3-4 hours and the fee is 4.2$.

Someone is miscalculating your fees, or you have a lot of dust amounts.

Do you have to assign a segwit address to get those fees?

Last time I sent from my QT wallet, I paid 0.00179btc for moving 0.18btc. By the current price this is 26$. It was a standard 6-block confirmation fee.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:45:38 PM

How on earth does Kraken always have problems? Can't they upgrade their servers?
svdleer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

How on earth does Kraken always have problems? Can't they upgrade their servers?

they did, the past 2 days.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8067

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:53:21 PM

BTG is gettin a little pump. .02 now on bittrex. I'm dreaming of .05
Speaking of, is there a reliable way to extract them from old coins?

Coinomi app wallet is 0retty simple and secure, if you move your btc first.
Tried that with bcash, didn't work. Had to use a btc.com wallet to extract those. Possibly because it was from a pretty old electrum wallet? I know they changed format once or twice.

It You need to recover from seed use bither app. You can also claim bcd and sbtc with it.
If you have problems pm me and I will be glad to help you Smiley

Edit: if your old private keys didn't worked in coinomi, your problem is probably related to compressed/uncompressed format, you can convert the format using bitaddress.org.

During the early fork days I helped out a lot of people, I become some kind of expert xd
Alright, got bither running (on a spare phone). Set up a wallet and tried to scan my private keys from electrum, but apparently they are not in bip38 format? What do?

Are they unencrypted?
If Yes, just click "wallet details" in bitaddress.org (better use it offline, the github source for download is linked on the site itself) and use their tool to convert them Smiley

EDIT: Before messing with this, try the other import priv key (not bip38) option!
I tried the other option, but it just demands a password (which is not what I set for the wallet) and doesn't move on from there.

Not your Electrum wallet password but the Bither password.
If you have nothing in Bither, uninstall, reinstall and remember your password this time.  It works.
It's not my bither wallet password it wants, it's something else.

No it isn't something else.  You have to enter the Bither wallet password to import the private keys. 
And when I do that it doesn't accept it. Yes it's the correct password, it is very simple and memorable. It asked for it before I had even set a password as well.

Are trying to scan the QRcode for your electrum wallet seed?  Don't do that.
You have to view your addresses in Electrum, right click on them and view each one's private key separately.  Open the QRcode for it and scan it with the Bither wallet using the advanced options and
 then Import Private Key and then select From Private Key Text and scan it in.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:58:41 PM

226 bytes x 470 bytes / 100.000.000 x 14400$ = 15.29$.

And that's for the fastest type of transaction.

At 130 sat/byte you get a confirmation in ~3-4 hours and the fee is 4.2$.

Someone is miscalculating your fees, or you have a lot of dust amounts.

Do you have to assign a segwit address to get those fees?

Last time I sent from my QT wallet, I paid 0.00179btc for moving 0.18btc. By the current price this is 26$. It was a standard 6-block confirmation fee.

No, these are fees for standard txs. Segwit get a discount.

Btw, value transferred doesn't matter. You may transfer 1$ or 1mn $$$ . What's important is the size of the transaction in terms of bytes.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

Tried that with bcash, didn't work. Had to use a btc.com wallet to extract those. Possibly because it was from a pretty old electrum wallet? I know they changed format once or twice.

It You need to recover from seed use bither app. You can also claim bcd and sbtc with it.

Edit: if your old private keys didn't worked in coinomi, your problem is probably related to compressed/uncompressed format, you can convert the format using bitaddress.org.

During the early fork days I helped out a lot of people, I become some kind of expert xd
Alright, got bither running (on a spare phone). Set up a wallet and tried to scan my private keys from electrum, but apparently they are not in bip38 format? What do?

Are they unencrypted?
If Yes, just click "wallet details" in bitaddress.org (better use it offline, the github source for download is linked on the site itself) and use their tool to convert them Smiley

EDIT: Before messing with this, try the other import priv key (not bip38) option!
I tried the other option, but it just demands a password (which is not what I set for the wallet) and doesn't move on from there.

If you have nothing in Bither, uninstall, reinstall and remember your password this time.  It works.

No it isn't something else.  You have to enter the Bither wallet password to import the private keys. 
And when I do that it doesn't accept it. Yes it's the correct password, it is very simple and memorable. It asked for it before I had even set a password as well.

You have to view your addresses in Electrum, right click on them and view each one's private key separately.  Open the QRcode for it and scan it with the Bither wallet using the advanced options and

This. And after that it usually ask for the bither password.
If you still have problems you can open a thread and link it here, I'll help you
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:05:26 PM

Are they unencrypted?

That worked. Now to scan them all and see if there is any gold to dig up... Should I import the compressed or uncompressed address?
greensheep

Activity: 278
Merit: 44

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:08:43 PM

seems kraken has some problems with some coins and there value, EOS is now at 3000 ish for example... a brief moment I was so happy Smiley
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

Are they unencrypted?

That worked. Now to scan them all and see if there is any gold to dig up... Should I import the compressed or uncompressed address?

Probably uncompressed but make sure the address you select matches the Bitcoin address you scanned the private key's QRcode for and you'll be fine.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

Are they unencrypted?

Probably uncompressed but make sure the address you select matches the Bitcoin address you scanned the private key's QRcode for and you'll be fine.

Compressed corresponds to the public key. Uncompressed doesn't correspond to the public or private key.
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:20:00 PM

Mmpf, how would ever a "normal" user come to grips with all that shit. Tell me !
We´re in our own universe here, but thats not the mainstream, is it ?

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:26:15 PM

Are they unencrypted?

If you have nothing in Bither, uninstall, reinstall and remember your password this time.  It works.

No it isn't something else.  You have to enter the Bither wallet password to import the private keys.  

Are trying to scan the QRcode for your electrum wallet seed?  Don't do that.
You have to view your addresses in Electrum, right click on them and view each one's private key separately.  Open the QRcode for it and scan it with the Bither wallet using the advanced options and

Compressed corresponds to the public key. Uncompressed doesn't correspond to the public or private key.

If the private key begins with K or L then use compressed.  If it begins with 5, use uncompressed.

Edit.  I just realized you said compressed corresponds to the public key - that's the one to use.
Sorry, I'm playing with Kraken as well and I think they just enabled trading again.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:38:22 PM

..., I'm playing with Kraken as well and I think they just enabled trading again.

Release the toaster!111
Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:42:01 PM

Does Roach just get his posts from some sort of random bullshit generator?

I'm not sure. He keeps saying the same thing "This user is currently ignored."
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

..., I'm playing with Kraken as well and I think they just enabled trading again.

Release the toaster!111

Please!  It's new and improved...

Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:45:35 PM

75 dollars fee on a 75 dollars tx. WAT.

That seems really high. I just paid $11 (0.0008) and got a confirmation in under 30 minutes.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

Are they unencrypted?

If you have nothing in Bither, uninstall, reinstall and remember your password this time.  It works.

No it isn't something else.  You have to enter the Bither wallet password to import the private keys.  

Are trying to scan the QRcode for your electrum wallet seed?  Don't do that.
You have to view your addresses in Electrum, right click on them and view each one's private key separately.  Open the QRcode for it and scan it with the Bither wallet using the advanced options and

If the private key begins with K or L then use compressed.  If it begins with 5, use uncompressed.

Edit.  I just realized you said compressed corresponds to the public key - that's the one to use.
Sorry, I'm playing with Kraken as well and I think they just enabled trading again.
Alright, imported the priv keys from a wallet that used to hold about 10 btc but it only shows about 3 btg as getable. Weird, but at least it's something. Thanks guys, gonna keep playing with this.

One final question, I only need to import the keys that have >0 tx right?
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:47:25 PM

One reason price might follow difficulty is that mining should not be too profitable (because nothing should be too profitable, the world doesn't leave free money lying around). Therefore the price of Bitcoins can't rise too much above the cost of mining (counting equipment depreciation among the costs of course). The cost of mining is proportional to the difficulty (approximately). Therefore we might expect to see price proportional to difficulty.

We do see a nearly proportional relationship in the 1st graph, but that data set was incomplete. I'd like to see that last graph redone with a linear difficulty scale so we could see how the proportionality holds up with more data.

https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price?timespan=all

https://blockchain.info/charts/difficulty?timespan=all
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:51:54 PM

Does Roach just get his posts from some sort of random bullshit generator?

I'm not sure. He keeps saying the same thing "This user is currently ignored."

Yeah, but i´m not sure about his motivations. Well no, he´s just an asshole. What can i say . . .  Smiley

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:56:45 PM

..."Current estimates of total worldwide household wealth that I have found range from $100 trillion to $300 trillion. With 20 million coins, that gives each coin a value of about $10 million."....

https://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg10152.html

Pages: « 1 ... 19029 19030 19031 19032 19033 19034 19035 19036 19037 19038 19039 19040 19041 19042 19043 19044 19045 19046 19047 19048 19049 19050 19051 19052 19053 19054 19055 19056 19057 19058 19059 19060 19061 19062 19063 19064 19065 19066 19067 19068 19069 19070 19071 19072 19073 19074 19075 19076 19077 19078 [19079] 19080 19081 19082 19083 19084 19085 19086 19087 19088 19089 19090 19091 19092 19093 19094 19095 19096 19097 19098 19099 19100 19101 19102 19103 19104 19105 19106 19107 19108 19109 19110 19111 19112 19113 19114 19115 19116 19117 19118 19119 19120 19121 19122 19123 19124 19125 19126 19127 19128 19129 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: