April 26, 2024, 04:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 [20717] 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 20739 20740 20741 20742 20743 20744 20745 20746 20747 20748 20749 20750 20751 20752 20753 20754 20755 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368031 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:47:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

anunymint got banned (again). It seems this was his 2nd acc. Dude was evading his ban lol. I wonder what was the reason for his 1st ban...

Was it plagiarism?

lol   Cheesy

Shelby is one of the most intelligent user on this board.

Imho it is time to remove his ban - he didnt post from an alt for quite the time before he made a new account again.

He’s posting from low ranked accounts. They probably don’t hold any monetary or personal value to him. He can quite easily create a new account from a new ip & begin posting again.

Thats not the point, he was banned for multiposting.

After a short time he accepted his ban and stopped posting for several months.

I think that is enough and his ban should be lifted - but i will move this to Meta; here is the wrong place to discuss it.

He was fucking all over the forum. I am glad theymos banned him. Copy/pasting old posts and trying to answer everybody like a mad man.

The reason for his 1st ban was excessive posting. Why can't he keep it smaller&simple?

In the end, after mentioning infinite number of problems (so he says) about segwit/LN and spamming it on everywhere, he didn't come up with a solution neither. He was annoying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:49:17 PM

And there we go; breaking yesterday's mempool high.

Did my comment the other day start all this mempool talk I have been seeing lately? I don't remember anyone replying to it so I thought it had no impact but I also don't remember people talking about the mempool so much before it so maybe it had more impact than I thought.

Holy wow. When they ban someone for life they REALLY ban them. Every thing he ever posted and even posts that were a reply to him; vanished.

Yeah, that's at least the 4th time he's been banned.
Even if you don't care for him or his ideas, it's hard to argue that he's not a net benefit to this forum.

to be honest I hope we don't make the mistake to overhear and underestimate warning comments. We should avoid living in an echo-chamber, accept critical opinions and reavaluate our knowledge from time to time.

It is quite difficult to get banned from this forum.. so it seems that your comments and/or behavior have to be pretty fucking egregious to  rise to the ban level.

Furthermore, even though bitcoin naysayers get attacked in threads like this, if they make reasonable points, then they seem to be quite allowed to make their points, including seemingly smart dumb asses like roach and BJA.. and there are quite a few others that roll in from time to time, without necessarily going onto a BIG ass list of names... in other words, this place seems to be a long way from serving as an echo chamber... furthermore, there is all kinds of bitcoin is dying bullshit and misinformation in the mainstream media, so I question really the value of NOT beating those people down when they attempt to present their traditional investment (bitcoin baby brains, ponzi scheme, BIG blocks are better, repeal segwit, alt coin (PM) distraction pumping, bitcoin mirage and blah, blah, blah) bullshit here..
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:55:09 PM

Guys, yo' game, step it up yo

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:55:30 PM

Continue sending comments to the SEC as earlier mentioned in the following ways:

Please note that the file number for the BTC ETFs on the SEC website is SR-CboeBZX-2018-040.

Online form
    Comments can be submitted via this link
    Look for SR-CboeBZX-2018-040
    There should be a Submit comments section

Email
    Send comments to rule-comments@sec.gov.
    The subject line of your message must include the File Number for the rule. This is the number that begins “S7-” or “SR-”.
    If you attach a document, indicate the format or software used (e.g., PDF, Word Perfect, MS Word, ASCII text, etc.) to create the attachment. Please note that the SEC now accepts comment letters in PDF format. DO NOT submit attachments as HTML, GIF, TIFF, PIF, ZIP, or EXE

Using the traditional ‘Snail Mail’

Send 3 copies of your paper comment letter to:

Brent Fields, Secretary
    Securities and Exchange Commission
    100 F Street, NE
    Washington, DC 20549-0609

Each copy must list the “File Number” for the rule. This is the number that begins “S7-” or “SR-”.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:58:56 PM

Can we please get some "representatives" who aren't ignorant pieces of shit?

("...says the guy with the Donald Trump avatar." I beat you lefties to it.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:00:27 PM

Surely they want in on the pie themselves, though? Or are they the only honest bureaucrats on the planet?
Rules are made for bending and often blatant breaking.

I would've thought the first rule of bureaucracy was - cover your arse.

Second rule - choose the path of least resistance.

But I guess an SEC person will be a slightly more exotic breed.

If your newly appointed, then your rule might be to make america great again, whatever the fuck means?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:08:14 PM

anunymint got banned (again). It seems this was his 2nd acc. Dude was evading his ban lol. I wonder what was the reason for his 1st ban...

Was it plagiarism?

lol   Cheesy

Shelby is one of the most intelligent user on this board.

Imho it is time to remove his ban - he didnt post from an alt for quite the time before he made a new account again.

He’s posting from low ranked accounts. They probably don’t hold any monetary or personal value to him. He can quite easily create a new account from a new ip & begin posting again.

Thats not the point, he was banned for multiposting.

After a short time he accepted his ban and stopped posting for several months.

I think that is enough and his ban should be lifted - but i will move this to Meta; here is the wrong place to discuss it.

He was fucking all over the forum. I am glad theymos banned him. Copy/pasting old posts and trying to answer everybody like a mad man.

The reason for his 1st ban was excessive posting. Why can't he keep it smaller&simple?

In the end, after mentioning infinite number of problems (so he says) about segwit/LN and spamming it on everywhere, he didn't come up with a solution neither. He was annoying.

Please, shelby has more IQ then the population of the city where you live - together.

If you dont see the value in his posts i cant really help.

The multiposting was a bit annoying, but he got punished for it and it should be fine now.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

I sold all the way up, Bro.  I was down to dust at the top. Bought some really cool night vision goggles on purse.io.  I can't really use them on the SeaDoo I bought before that. Or the convertible. or the other convertible. or the motorcycle. or the house. How u doin?

Lol, guy bragging about how he liquidated all his bitcoin for a bunch of depreciating assets to stroke his own ego.... to Bitcoin holders who are in it for the long term gains and possibly early retirement.

How about we won't be broke in 10 years. Like u, Bro?

I get a regular stream of income from my masternode. The amount varies depending on trading price, but I don't have to worry about market timing which admittedly I suck at.

You also suck at controlling your emotion, which means that we can almost never rely on you to keep your word to sell all your BTC and to never come back... hahahahhahahaha...

You are going to be in and out of bitcoin as long as you have free will to hit the "buy" button. So, yeah, we are likely stuck with you, and your many seemingly pumping and dumping warts, too.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:13:31 PM

oh hey they nuked shelby yet again Angry Sad , but not Shocked
i've a couple of archives of his recent oeuvre, but nothing substantial. did anyone get it all down? pm ok

Pretty sure he nukes himself.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:17:12 PM

I sold all the way up, Bro.  I was down to dust at the top. Bought some really cool night vision goggles on purse.io.  I can't really use them on the SeaDoo I bought before that. Or the convertible. or the other convertible. or the motorcycle. or the house. How u doin?

Lol, guy bragging about how he liquidated all his bitcoin for a bunch of depreciating assets to stroke his own ego.... to Bitcoin holders who are in it for the long term gains and possibly early retirement.

How about we won't be broke in 10 years. Like u, Bro?

And who brags about a SeaDoo and some night vision goggles? Trolls are all 12 year old boys now? Wtf does a grown man do with night vision goggles?

How do you intend to see the night boobies?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:21:24 PM

Fuck it. Let's all just dump into convertibles and personal watercraft. I'm sure we'd be happier for it. Giddy like school boys. Cheesy

Sure, pull a bit of profits, here and there.  We want to have some fun.

There were several guys posting about all the toys that they bought in bitcoin when the price rose to $700, and they were posting similar things when the price rose to $2k.. but surely some short-lived gratification, since they could have bought 10-20 of those same things with the same amount of bitcoin or even at today's prices 3-8 of those same things.... gratification versus deferred gratification with an appreciating asset such as bitcoin.

For anyone who has been into bitcoin for 2 or more years, because our investment into bitcoin has done so well, it is quite likely that we could still buy some pretty nice shit, and only pull out relatively small amounts along the way.... and even if we kind of over extended, and we need a bit of cash flow, we can still pull out small portions at these $6k prices and still be decently profitable by balancing our pull outs.

Some of the guys (and gal) who are putting so much emphasis on their consumer good purchases, seem to either be really short sighted in valuing their wealth in fiat or they are purposefully trolling the folks participating in/reading this thread.

I wouldn’t believe half of the crap some people say on here Jay.

People with a load of money don’t tend to brag about it, they’d rather be discrete. Nobody of any real means wants others to know their personal wealth.

I’m pretty confident of that btw.

Certainly, I take any posts and posters with a BIG ass grain of salt, and I think that any of us are better protected when we might misstate our own situation a bit or to present some hypothetical numbers, rather than our actual holdings. 

At the same time, there are some truths that come out.. and some flaunting of consumer goods in order to emphasize that aspect of bitcoin.  Do you remember mtech or whatever the fuck his name was.. he comes back from time to time, but surely he was somewhat correct, when he sold his whole stash on the way down  from $1200 to $200, and he supposedly sold around $600 - but he was still lording it over folks and trolling the fuck out of the thread and saying how rich he was, blah blah blah... Those peeps need to be called out and challenged, no?  Sometimes they do come around and sometimes they do buy back in at lower prices, but frequently the message from those kinds of folks tends to be aimed to troll and to act like they know more than everyone else (and suggest bitcoin is dying, blah blah blah) rather than to really attempt to contribute to any kind of meaningful bitcoin conversation.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:23:48 PM

Who would have thought that you could take down two skyscrapers with a bunch of box cutters?

Not me. I am of the opinion that the governments official conspiracy theory is one of the least plausible of the many conspiracy theories I have encountered regarding that event.

I think Skripal poisoning case takes the cake. Absolutely no one believes the official theory.

are you kidding, mr burns on msnbc want nothing else but to nuke russia... but why? paid by whom? or his conditionning provided by whom? I think it's hate for the possibility of an ethnowhite state... they hate this idea... afraid of space colonization in partnership with the chineses? who knows... one sure thing, mr burns (a white guy) hate white people... when I say hate, it's hitler hate level.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:29:07 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 07:58:00 PM by bones261
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Sure he had a solution. The solution basically is for everyone to only use the P2PKH addresses. (The ones that start out with a 1.) Basically it is a rejection by each individual user of the segwit/LN solution to scaling that the Bitcoin Core team has implemented. From what I can extrapolate from his arguments is that BTC is really only meant to be used  as a store of value and to transact with large sums of value. So scaling is not necessary. The wealthy do not mind paying the high transaction fees to move large sums of value around. Also, according to his arguments, the wealthy elite don't want some platform that is going to constantly be changing. They would prefer something that is immutable and demonstrated to be secure. When changes are constantly introduced, it is possible to have some insecure vulnerability be introduced and have some black hat exploit it. If someone wants to use cryptocurrency as a means to handle everyday expenses, then he recommends people just use one of the multitudes of altcoins available.
(Please note that me trying to summarize the gist of what he was getting at should not be construed as a total endorsement by me of what he proposes. Also, I may still be misunderstanding some of his points. So my interpretation may be totally out on left field.  Cheesy)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:30:04 PM

Wtf does a grown man do with night vision goggles?

Prep.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:32:00 PM

Wtf does a grown man do with night vision goggles?

Prep.

it's a critical gear as most wild beast now have switch to nocturne lifestyle Smiley.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 07:32:09 PM

Please, shelby has more IQ then the population of the city where you live - together.

The multiposting was a bit annoying, but he got punished for it and it should be fine now.

I put him on ignore because he quoted and responded to our resident troll too much.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:33:33 PM

I put him on ignore because he quoted and responded to our resident troll too much.

you are the shepard guiding us, thank you...
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:35:52 PM

Just to be clear, he's normally quite negative toward that troll.

Quote from: anunymint
@realr0ach is at the bottom of the pool wearing silver boots. He sold BTC at $600 to buy silver at $20, lol. What an asshat.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:45:10 PM

What the fuck?

Crypto industry needs to "step up their game"?  What the fuck does that mean?

He seems to consider that bitcoin is some kind of centralized entity?  He truly does not understand bitcoin.. and seems to be describing a feature, rather than a bug.  So if some nefarious players are able to send money around, but that is disempowering to other players, then the other players better figure out some other ways to battle the allegedly "nefarious players."  

Whether I am a leftie or rightie or whatever, you surely beat me to it.    Cry Cry
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:48:17 PM

What the fuck?

Crypto industry needs to "step up their game"?  What the fuck does that mean?

He seems to consider that bitcoin is some kind of centralized entity?  He truly does not understand bitcoin.. and seems to be describing a feature, rather than a bug.  So if some nefarious players are able to send money around, but that is disempowering to other players, then the other players better figure out some other ways to battle the allegedly "nefarious players."  

Whether I am a leftie or rightie or whatever, you surely beat me to it.    Cry Cry

little sons of bitches, to be flashed like the south korea regulator... no need to play nice with those things... just hardcore... it is sad, but it is a war... Smiley... and pow uses a lot of energy...
Pages: « 1 ... 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 [20717] 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 20739 20740 20741 20742 20743 20744 20745 20746 20747 20748 20749 20750 20751 20752 20753 20754 20755 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: