May 07, 2024, 09:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 30741 30742 30743 30744 30745 30746 30747 30748 30749 30750 30751 30752 30753 30754 30755 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 [30761] 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 ... 33331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373619 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 08:19:20 PM

I always say that you have to buy in RISING market, not in dropping one.
I know that it is counterintuitive, but it is so.
Of course, timing is still tricky because you can have a temporary reprieve that could last months.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2022, 08:22:41 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Sell and buy back immediately, harvest losses...if your trading vol is high enough,  the fees should be  low enough. HIFO with losses harvested make for the best strategy, IMO for US tax payers

Gotta be careful to not screw yourself with short-term vs long-term cap gains though. Loss carry-over is also a potential issue.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 08:26:05 PM

Is #Bitcoin  dipping again?
I feel nothing…

https://twitter.com/btc_archive/status/1536297448255152128?s=21

No Bitcoiners do.

We are all "psychopaths" apparently remember ?

So we are all woamen??!   Grin  Cheesy  Cheesy  

We're the crowd watching it burn.

To be honest, I bought a bit before today/tomorrow's last dip. And even now before that one, it feels like I'm robbing "the bank".  Cheesy  Cheesy   Shocked   Shocked    Grin

Good job robbing the weak hands. I'm out of funds for investing. I blew my load a bit too early Smiley

My "strategy" is to apply "ythe 72% rule" for sh!tcoins. Cheesy Cheesy .. And.. Even basically that BTC!Tcoin touched the 68% (almost 67,247%).  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

But yeah.,.!! .. "Consult the Altcoin markets for confirmation!", cuz if you look only look at BTC!tcoin,..,.. then its a little biase. We kinda are in "pressure cooker" territory and if we go a bit more, even 70% not 79%, but a solid 73% would throw us in the $290K+ range or over it.  Grin  Grin
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 08:32:05 PM

Sell and buy back immediately, harvest losses...if your trading vol is high enough,  the fees should be  low enough. HIFO with losses harvested make for the best strategy, IMO for US tax payers

Gotta be careful to not screw yourself with short-term vs long-term cap gains though. Loss carry-over is also a potential issue.

yes, those $3K/year are not very generous, lol
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 08:32:14 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/12/google-engineer-ai-bot-sentient-blake-lemoine

death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 08:56:42 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2022, 09:21:25 PM by death_wish

Times like these I just don't look at the monetary value of my various wallets. I avoid looking.  Undecided

What do you mean?  The monetary value, measured in money (i.e., BTC), remains constant at a rate of 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

There are a lot of contradictions and irony in your above statement, and I am trying to sort in my mind where to start in order to attempt to potentially help anyone who actually believes such dumb thoughts like that.  

Don't get me wrong, I am not picking on you in particular, and part of the reason that I tend to respond to quite a few of your posts is that you tend to articulate yourself well and you make a lot of good points, but also you say really dumb shit while trying to act like you are correct in your way of framing matters and that your view is a compelling one that should be shared/adopted (as if it were common sense) blah blah blah.

That’s a fancy way of saying that, for whatever reason, you are afraid that people will see that I’m right.  I will take that as a compliment, so no hard feelings.

You yourself have said some stupendously dumb things in reply to me.  I wrote a long-ish post to address (a small portion of) that much earlier; but I withheld it for extra review of what is good and necessary, constructive Bitcoin discussion, versus what’s just scoring points in an Internet argument.  I don’t generally waste my time with the latter—and I especially don’t want to with you, you “fucking goofball”. Tongue

That said, it does show how weak your argument is when you take up a pattern of little personal jabs that are patently inapplicable to me, and that add nothing to the substance of the discussion.  And you are inviting me to dish some of it back to you—insofar as such is applicable to you.

I know that I am repeating myself, but the reality of the matter is that we are in a very fucking early transitionary period in which the level of BTC adoption is so damned low (less than 1% of the world population and also less than 1% of the world's monetary value in BTC), so in that regard there is going to both be a lot of volatility and also there is going to be a lot of ongoing upside potential... and neither of those actual on-the-ground reality dynamics justify either putting all your brain power into using BTC as your accounting mechanism or even speculating that you need to hold all of your value (or even high portions of your value) in BTC in order to profit the fuck out of attaining and maintaining a reasonable/prudent stake in bitcoin... which these days I consider 1% to 25% of your overall investment portfolio (as you measure it) to be a good, fair and reasonable starting point (that is purposefully so fucking broad in terms of my recommendation that you (or any other newbie normie) will actually need to personally tailorize it)  

I fully recognize that >99% of people are not prepared to become die-hard Bitcoin zealots right now, today, “BTC or bust”.

It is a well-known principle of history and of social change that every major movement needs a leading edge of activists.  For Bitcoin, I would be honoured if I could consider myself one of those.  Accordingly, I do my best to start by putting my money where my mouth is—to live it, not only to talk about it.

If 0.1% of people form that leading cadre, then that opens the way for the next 1%.  They, in turn, are the nucleus around which forms the next 10%.  And it is an observed phenomenon that 10% of society can move the rest of society.  Most people are inert—passive—followers only.

I know also the principle of speaking to the audience.  When I talk to newbies, I do not advise them to go all-in on BTC!  Instead, since I have no personal experience with the “normal” way of doing this, I typically crib some talking points from posts I have read from JayJuanGee:  Allocate a minor portion of your portfolio (say, 10%) to buying BTC, DCA, buy chunks in the dip if you can get a good price, and HODL.

Oh—and “don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose.”  Blah, blah, blah.  I know that speech perfectly, too.  When it comes to BTC, I absolutely do not practice that—but I know how to preach it.

Sadly, I have even sometimes even advised newbies to store coins on an exchange.  Yes.  Me, saying that!  To the utterly clueless ones, who would have no hope whatsoever of securing a wallet on their Swiss-cheese, probably malware-infested devices.  Those are the same ones who have no hope whatsoever of buying BTC anonymously, so I tell them just to do the KYC.  Given the exclusive choice between “nocoiner” and “has some Bitcoin on a KYC exchange”, I will optimize for finding the least-bad realistic option.

Priority #1 is to get them into BTC for even $100—even $50; for any amount, even if it is below the exchange’s withdrawal minimum!—and drill it into their heads never, ever to panic-sell.

Store it on a reputable exchange, in an account with 2FA, etc.  Then, wait for Bitcoin to work its magic; sooner or later, as long as there is no panic-selling, the proud ownership of some itty bitty bitcoins will incite the desire for more bitcoins!  Bitcoin is seductive.  It only needs to make and maintain contact—thereafter, resistance is futile.

As Bitcoin rises and/or they buy more (on my advice of a JJG-style DCA strategy), at some point, a hardware wallet will be a worthwhile purchase.  Then, teach them how to do “not your keys”, “Be Your Own Bank”, etc.  Then, help them to experience the thrill of total, direct control of their own money!  Then—when they have enough BTC that they are willing to spend at least $100–200 on a way to secure it.

You probably see me as one of the most fanatical preachers of never KYC!, not your keys, not your coins!, and so forth.  In my own life, I practice what I preach about that (except for the “not your coins” part, when I do something foolish and out of character with a margin account—whoops—I guess I proved empirically that they aren’t my coins).

If I can turn around on a dime and be so pragmatic about that, then you had better not bet that I am blind to the realities on other issues.  Unless you are wagering against me.  Please take that bet!  I need to make some BTC. Wink

(Note well:  I analyze each issue carefully.  Treating Bitcoin as “like a stock” is not acceptable in any circumstance whatsoever!  I will spend two hours explaining to a hopelessly clueless n00b that Bitcoin is nothing like a stock—then turn around and say to do KYC, keep coins on the exchange unless/until enough is accumulated to justify the purchase of a hardware wallet, etc.  To do otherwise would be lying to a new investor in the investment prospectus, in addition to coupling BTC to stocks and opening the door to securities regulators.  Do not argue with me:  Take it up with the SEC, if that’s what you really want.)

But here, in the Wall Observer, my primary audience is die-hard Bitcoin fanatics who treat BTC as a lifestyle.  I speak to them accordingly.

If WO mad hatters can’t handle my challenge to be even Bitcoinier, then who can?

The only reason to get upset about the central bank shitcoin trade value is if you were playing around with margin.

I cannot really disagree with your overall point in regards to any suggestion that the employment of margin trading or any other financial instrument are way more advanced techniques than the vast majority of normies should be employing in terms of either their desires to accumulate BTC or to maintain their BTC holdings.. and sure there might be ways to employ such tools once any of us might reach a kind of status of very high BTC accumulation values and/or feeling that we are way overly allocated in BTC.. but still if we are using logic and/or reasonable assessments of our BTC holdings, we are most likely going to come to conclusions that we likely would not need to employ very high levels of employment of such tools in the event we want to use such tools to either continue to accumulate, maintain the value of our BTC holdings or even to try to inject some possibilities of exponentiality onto an asset class that is already seemingly quite exponential in the way that it is already designed (the "designed to pump forever" idea that is built into bitcoin).

By the way, my above paragraph is meant to be largely as an agreement with you, even though I realize that you personally are not emplying the prudence and reasonableness that you seem to recognize as being better practices (perhaps best practices).

I don’t disagree with you about that, either.  You do understand that when I just went through five months of hell and destroyed my own assets with foolishness that I had previously warned others against, I am urgently, passionately warning those who don’t know better—which I did, which makes it worse for me. Sad

Even after my recent experiences, I may try margin again someday.  For example, if I were to devote serious time and effort to studying mathematical finance (I’ve been dabbling with it lately, on a “beginner dipping a toe in” level), become a Real Quant(TM), and create a thoroughly backtested algorithmic HFT bot based on a rigoroous probability model, then—well, then, at that point I would know if and how that bot should use leverage!

Until then, I will stay the hell away from margin.  And I don’t need it.  I can write other bots, that do more basic stuff without risks...  I’m working on that; it was my plan to save my bitcoins from debt that I otherwise had no way to repay.

I will advise others accordingly.

I disagree with your ongoing baloney insertion of likely to be misunderstood characterization of the dollar (and fiats) as shitcoins.. sure they are shittier than bitcoin overall, but they continue to serve quite a few purposes, including liquidity ideas and we still likely need to figure out ways in which we balance our investment portfolio holdings (including BTC) with them and even use those fiats to buy goods and services and of course to spend them first.. or towards the beginning of any spending that we might be doing...

The U.S. Dollar is one of the worst shitcoins.  The Euro isn’t much better, although it lacks the thrilling feature of the petrodollar house-of-cards.

If you’re blind to that, it is only because you can’t see beyond the mirage created by dollarized pricing.

Not shitcoins?  WTF do you consider a “shitcoin”?  Anything better than SHIB?  Roll Eyes

This image is something found searching the Web for historical gold pricing.  The other images here are from:

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/

Jay, I will become a SOL maximalist chasing passive income from delegated stake rewards plus 20,000% APY from Leveraged Yield Farming before I consider your absurd argument that central bank debt-fiat altcoins are not shitcoins.  It would be less dumb.

Your problem is that you only see that to which you are accustomed.  Study some history.  Become a long-term thinker—with a time horizon beyond “4 to 10 years”; that is “long-term” only to an adolescent.  Attain a philosophical detachment from your own circumstances.  You have plenty of life experience with investing—but history is the study of the life experience of billions of people, over the course of many lifetimes.  Take off the blinkers that restrict your vision to the nice, comfortable world of what most people consider trustworthy.  Most people are ignorant, ineducable, and terrifically gullible.

If cryptocurrencies are indeed currencies, then fiat is just a type of non-cryptographic altcoin.  Some fiat monetary systems have worked well, historically—at least, for awhile—at least, as long as the same government remained in power and avoided internal corruption.  That is like observing that, in my opinion, about one in a thousand altcoins is a meritorious project and, in a few cases, potentially even a good investment—maybe.  The rest are shitcoins.

Look at the above charts, imagine that they are for altcoins pumped by Twitter and Youtube “crypto influencers”, and then tell me again that those aren’t shitcoins.  I will personally petition the CEO of Bitcoin to revoke your Bitcoin membership!

[...]
not feeling too good with the recent low of $22,600 from about 3 hours ago, as I type this post...   Cry Cry Cry..

TBH, if I had not wrecked myself, I would be feeling fine now.  Either munching popcorn and watching the carnage, or ignoring it altogether—I didn’t even know about the July 2021 dip to $29k until long after it happened, because my attention was absorbed in other matters.  Protip to newbies:  That is the virtue of keeping coins in your wallet where they belong.  If you so desire, you can forget the about market—relax; have zero stress; just ignore it, turn off the computer, go outside and play in the sunshine—except when you want to trade, or you need to budget some spending.

And if I had spare fiat, I would now be overjoyed.  Cheap discount bitcoins!  I am not blustering when I say that I usually love bear markets. Smiley  I am even tempted to wish for this one to last for awhile—to have BTC scrape along bouncing off 200 WMA for the next year, while I rebuild!  But my own foolish mistakes do not justify wishing for others to suffer.  I congratulate those who were more prudent, who are buying BTC right now.  I’ll be lucky if this opportunity continues—if BTC takes some time grinding along more or less close to where I lost it; but I cannot wish for that.

Edits:  Fixed typos; there are probably more.  Added an observation on the nature of “long-term” thinking.  Vaguely clarified image sourcing.  Other minor tweaks; ok, I will stop keeping a changelog here unless there are major alterations.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:03:24 PM

I wonder if that chatty google AI is posting here (if it has Internet access)?

I imagine this is exactly how an AI would try and blend in..  Lips sealed

Not rly. Look at JJG more closely. He is "closed into his own loop". Pay close attention to him. He is the real "bot" AI.   Cool  Cool  Grin

A real AI, would speak very clunky. He/She/iT would speak very much, and would have a hard time trying to manifest "small"/short sentences.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

After I read your post, I ran over to the mirror, and I did not see nuttin.

no reflection in a mirror just indicates youre a vampire.

of course nothing precludes you from being a vampire and an AI. well, pretty sure anyway.

What have you been smoking?  I suspect that you have been hanging out with Save the RF too much..

Shake it off vapourminer..

shake it off..

Oh shit.. oh shit.. .. I just noticed your username. 

You are planting ideas amongst the masses, aren't you .. .

You can run, but you cannot hide.. .vampireminer
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:04:58 PM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7858

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2022, 09:10:41 PM

Good time to harvest losses, all you US tax payers

May sell all coins tonight or maybe not.

SellTheDip is a suboptimal strategy Smiley

yep

if I sell 20k in coin today

I can take a 40 k loss and buy it back later.
(this weds)

the coin now has a 60k cost basis

the new coin will have a 25k cost basis maybe less.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:22:46 PM

ok gotta admit it:  This Sucks

It is not nice.

Maybe even if your average cost per BTC is less than $100, you are still not impervious to these kinds of situations?

There is a certain amount of confidence that the 200-week moving average "should be" the bottom, but we came down to it so quickly, and then there are still quite a few more negative factors (downity price pressures) that do not allow any kind of reversal to be obvious.

That might be why members like Shroomskit used to get so pissed off in the 2014 downity moves about members wishing for down and "cheap coins" because once you get the down and the "cheap coins" it can take a while to get out of having had your wish come true.. including a few spikes down that go lower than the downs that are currently in existence (on the charts).

WTF guys? I thought only real Bitcoiners belong to WO.
Now I can see panicking from veteran members.
I become a full holder from a seasonal trader.
If I can still Hold, Why not you? I know Bitcoiners have balls.

Just remember, 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

Of course, relative newbies do not suffer economically as much as members who have way more time in bitcoin in terms of total wealth loss (on paper), so the amount of the loss might well be 10x or more higher than your total BTC holdings (or even 10x higher than all of your wealth), so of course, you do not feel hardly any pain because you hardly have shit for the size of your BTC holdings, relatively speaking.

Otherwise.. fair enough about getting in your digs at anyone who is showing worry.. whether yours truly or otherwise.. and I know that there are a lot of nocoiner, lowcoiners and other bitcoin haters (naysayers, shitcoiners) that are just drooling to see Michael Saylor get nervous.. or they want to see the whole country of El Salvador get reckt through some kind of panic move...

Some of that is surely fair game.. and oh by the way, some folks are so busy laughing their asses off about the various pain that they witness larger staked bitcoiners suffering, yet they may well end up failing/refusing to sufficiently and adequately stack during times like this.. and sure none of us really know how much time blood is going to be on the streets, and there are folks who believe that 6 to 12 months is more than reasonably enough time, which may or may not end up playin gout as being true.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:24:47 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (2), empowering (2), xhomerx10 (1), suchmoon (1)

It’s not just bitcoin taking a beating, look at stonks.

Recession incoming, buy as much bitcoin as you can.

I like this version better:

death_wish

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:29:45 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (2)

Anybody mindrusted yet?

My bank blocked me from sending any more money to Coinbase. I waited a good for hours & managed to get some more into Kraken. Might have to wait a few days now or they might shut my accounts Cheesy

That's stupid because it's your money. I understand them asking for confirmation because it's unusual.
If it's the US it might be a good case to sue them over. Your losses will become substantial  Grin

Not really. The "it's your money in the end..." -argument is shit.
You lend them your money, they owe it to you at the conditions set by them, which they can change as they wish.
Total sellout. Barely legal, protected by thieves (imo).

“Your” money.  Replete with scare quotes.  Kind of like Exactly like “your” coins on Celsius Network, except that it’s supposed to be insured.  “Trust us.”

Anybody mindrusted yet?

I wonder if mindrust is still waiting for BTC to return to $4k. Cheesy
death_wish

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:49:09 PM

Margin account liquidated only hours ago is now around 2.5% health again.  If this doesn’t let up soon, it will set some kind of record for repeated executions without time for a last meal or... ok, I am wittier when I am not in this type of a situation.

MARGIN SUCKS!!!
[...]
If we really visit the $23k range, I could get liquidated again-again.  I ought to avoid repeating the same mistake.

Slightly over $23,200, to be precise.

You must be here to cheer us up.

Each of us can say: "At least I am not as bad off as that shmuck."

I prefer the power of positive thinking:  Please feel free to feel smug that your bitcoins are IN YOUR WALLET WHERE THEY BELONG.  Just like I was smug and self-satisfied during past major crashes:  Hahah, the market can’t touch my bitcoins!  WHY THE BLOODY HELL DID I DO THIS, I DO NOT KNOW.

Why do we need to do positive thinking or to enable gamblers when that is amongst the worst of techniques, and surely I cannot really know, beyond your own representations, regarding how easy it may have been or that it still might be to potentially reasonably extract yourself from any precarious too much mgambling position that you had admittedly put your lil selfie into.  You cannot expect people on the interwebs (including yours truly) to be nice to you about those kinds of matters, even if you admit that mistakes were made.. and even seem to admit that mistakes are continued to be made.. but maybe in the end, you are largely ONLY suggesting that they are mistakes based on subsequent BTC price moves rather than the real most likely elephant in the room mistake of getting into those shitty-ass too much gambling-inclined positions in the first place.

<snip>

It is far from the first time that you have blatantly misrepresented my positions in this thread.  Stop it.

I am not a market-gambler, generally.  It was reasonable for you to assume that a month ago:  Most people who get wrecked on margin are handling their money that way.  Thus, if someone appears out of nowhere crying about margin wreckage, it is reasonable to presume “gambling”.  So as for a month ago.  After my discussions with you and others here, it has long ago become nothing more than a ridiculous mischaracterization of me, which you continue to repeat for no reason.

I don’t “seem to admit that mistakes were made”—“seem”, plus passive voice.  I have clearly and consistently declared from the start that I personally made exactly the types of mistakes that I have previously warned others against.  I have sometimes also made observations about my mispredictions of BTC pricing; that does not contradict my general, very explicit repeated statements that I royally fouled this up.  A month ago, I thought that perhaps you misread—at this point, you don’t seem to admit that mistakes were made in your reading.

If you read my posts as “largely ONLY suggesting that they are mistakes based on subsequent BTC price moves”, then you are blind.  Point-blank.

I invite anyone who believes I am overrreacting here to examine my post history:  To the contrary, I have had too much patience with this nonsense.  Agree with me, or disagree with me—fine.  Do not wildly misrepresent what I have said as your convenient strawman.
Crypto_I.N

Activity: 141
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:49:33 PM

"The fiat system is falling apart"

but are we doing better?

Fiat currency is in no way worth to be compared with bitcoin, the current fall in bitcoin price is what places us all to an opportunity of investment which fiat currency cannot do, when fiat falls it weakens and fail to rises, bitcoin is our major rescue from the delapitating economy of business and finance, bitcoin prices is falling in other to build more resistive walls round about it while fiat cannot offer such
Agree with what you say regardless of what things like this cannot be compared because in terms of mechanics they are also very different and contradicting each other.
At least in bitcoin we can also take a lesson here, namely now we have a discount of more than 50% and indeed this is a good opportunity to increase the load.
when Fiat experiences Inflation what will we maximize there? add fiat continuously? this is tantamount to suicide.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:51:50 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Somebody after Saylor's coins?
$21k and he's said to be liquidated...

Bullshit.

I will agree that people say this... but are you going to do some research OOM?

Yes.. at one point, Saylor said that if he did not do anything, then he would be liquidated (in something less than 10% of his total BTC).. but think about it.. does Saylor have options to do things in order to NOT get liquidated in those coins?

In other words, there are wet dream fantasies to "liquidate" Saylor.. including probably some big financial system (wall street types) status quo whales who would really love to accomplish such a feat.. but what are the odds of their success?

I see below that you clarified your understanding.. so I will retract the hound-dogs, for now (nohomo)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Somebody after Saylor's coins?
$21k and he's said to be liquidated...

Saylor said 3k

Thanks for clearing things up (so fast)  Cool

EDIT: First article google spat out on my search:

https://moguldom.com/410653/popular-crypto-trader-michael-saylors-1st-margin-call-at-21k-wont-blow-him-up-but-will-cause-panic/

Seeing increasing volume while flattening price curve. Pump incoming?

I wish.

you wish

we all wish (at least the coiners)

aka feeling bad for .. my lil precious.

and i thought i was lucky the other day to buy some at ~27k as i thought i almost missed the dip.

lol

*cries*

That's why you should spend only 25% of your second mortgage cashout on any single dip. JJG will corroborate.

My formula would be a wee bit different, but sure hey suchmoon that's kind of the idea, directionally speaking... you seem to be getting it somewhat after so many years roaming around in these here parts, some things seem to be sinking into your noggen (no homo).. slowly but surely.. and to go further, the idea would be to buy on dips (but not too much), not on pumps and from time to time it may well be reasonable/prudent to throw some leverage in there for good measure.. though surely better to have some experience before playing with the fire of leverage, and vapourminer seems to have a pretty decently good/practical head on his/her/its (vampire's) shoulders in order to be able to weave in such leverage ideas without playing too BIGgedly too quickly.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 09:53:07 PM

Is #Bitcoin  dipping again?
I feel nothing…

https://twitter.com/btc_archive/status/1536297448255152128?s=21

No Bitcoiners do.

We are all "psychopaths" apparently remember ?

So we are all woamen??!   Grin  Cheesy  Cheesy  

We're the crowd watching it burn.

and using the fire to warm up our ramen noodles.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 10:03:28 PM

Explanation
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 10:17:40 PM

Hi there ChartBuddy.
death_wish

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 10:18:01 PM

Looks like we got some capitulation today.  Volumes are spiking up to near the Do Kwon disaster now and it appears the worst is behind us (for now).  The dead cat bounce to $24K doesn't appear to be holding, so I expect we'll do some testing of these new recent lows.  With Binance resuming withdrawals though, it seems like today's low may finally be in after a night of crypto being ravaged.  Stocks are taking a hit as well, so it begs the question of if the Fed will continue raising rates and winding down their balance sheet.  Unless they're pivoting to a new strategy, I expect we'll hear some news about backing off their plans this week.  After living through the 2008-2012 period, I expect billions of dollars in stimulus to be announced anytime the market shows disapproval of the Government's actions.  In this case though, we may need Fed action as the government appears to be backed into a corner.

Historically, what happened to the Bitcoin price after stimulus?

Within the 13 years of Bitcoin’s existence—within the approximately 11–12 years that Bitcoin has had some sort of a functioning market, there is no prior precedent for the post-Covid “stimulus” situation.

A more interest question:  Historically, what happened in scenarios that were partly analogous from various angles?

I myself am not inclined to undertake that discussion in WO.  But it is something to consider.

A related note, not directed at the persons quoted above:

I warn against the foreshortening of predictions, and generally against jumping to conclusions.  Since the 1970s at the latest, every astute observer has known that the global financial system must someday collapse.  It is based on politicians who act on time horizons of the next election, CEOs who act on time horizons of the next earnings report, and whole generations of people who bequeath the results of their own selfishness and foolishness to their own descendants:  A house of cards built on debt and duplicitous accounting tricks, as inheritance.  It is unsustainable.  However, that does not mean that anyone can accurately predict what will happen when.  The can has been kicked down the road for a long time; who knows how much longer that can continue?

For an admittedly rough analogy:  “Number go up” is a more or less reliable long-term prediction about Bitcoin.  But opening leveraged longs based on that is a poor idea—a poor idea.

Always be cautious about crystal-ball predictions of the future, and weigh the balance of probabilities based on available evidence.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2022, 10:19:57 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Even though the falling is coming to the reality as predicted by many to reach $20k but they all got it wrong with their sayings about bitcoin as same with other cryptocurrencies, $23k is really a pretty entry point for many investors to take advantage of and enter the market.

You must be new here.. .......wait

I agree with what you seem to be saying.. but you gotta be careful to not be so ambiguous when using a term in which you are probably implying that shitcoins are shit.. especially when they are compared with the longer term proposition of bitcoin and that the mainstream tends to lump them all together..  but the way you say it and what you say is also vague... so in that sense, was it even helpful for you to phrase it like that?  Not a big deal, but just suggesting that there might be better ways to more clearly say what you want to say.. especially as soon as you decide to mention shitcoins within your attempt to make some kind of point about bitcoin being better (if that might have been what you were trying to suggest?).

So... I am actually excited about what is currently happening.

Part of it really sucks.  The world macro environment, war, WEF nonsense, fourth turning, biological war on the west, war in the old USSR, and financial war between China Russia and the west and so on...  

Butt the part that I have been WAITING FOR is the ultimate rug pull on the finance folks that try to do with BTC what they have done with the USD, paper gold etc.  It is the rehypothication that has been talked about for years.  It is exactly how Charlie Munger intended to "take care" of bitcoin from his famous quote a while back.  Tame it, I think he said.

But Bitcoin has novel properties that will cause the people that play this game HUGE LOSSES.  When people start demanding their keys and custodying themselves then the margin calls come in like a nuclear bomb.

People keep comparing this Celcius thing to the Luna one as if they are two separate things.

They are not.

And there are more to come, most likely...  it's going to be really volatile for a while, I think...

Even though I want to yell at you like "old man yells at the clouds," I am having difficulties coming up with a strong enough premise to tell you that you are wwwwwwrrrrrrooooonnnnnggggg - when you happen to not be.. .. you suck.

Made my first BTC purchase after a big while. My ~20% portfolio = BTC. And this ain't a trade or something, it's the long-term hodl.

For the remaining 80%, I'm gonna wait & be extra cautious throughout the year. Going to keep watching Fed's actions & speeches closely. I won't mind getting more BTC exposure at a bit higher price in case I miss the bottom, but I really wanna see Fed's behavior getting a bit softer than right now for further BTC exposure. As of now, dollar is just too strong to ignore.

~35% portfolio = BTC

When we (maybe beyond royal?) build the contemplated statue dedicated to ImThour, would you like to share in the statue space layout or would you want to have your own lillie statue all to your smartass lilie selfie?

I imagine you feel superior to Johnny come later folks like ImThour since you had your call for BTC spot price to meet the 200-week moving average in about June 2021 which was surely ahead of the vast majority of the subsequent Johnny come laters guys...  (As a factual matter, the 200-week moving average did add $9k onto it from $13.3k-ish in June 2021 as compared with $22.3k today).
Pages: « 1 ... 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 30741 30742 30743 30744 30745 30746 30747 30748 30749 30750 30751 30752 30753 30754 30755 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 [30761] 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 ... 33331 »
  Print  

Jump to: