Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:16:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583503 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
honolulumark

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 05:43:32 PM

Lol, what the hell is going on why is everything getting deleted?

Lesson #1 you don't travel to North Korea if you want to be taken seriously in the first world.
Like what were you thinking?

I was wondering when your sig would change  Tongue

Daparski has branded you a rebel, and has sent your posts to Coventry.

You sold your stash yet?

No comment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:48:37 PM

I say posts that antagonize the moderator in any way should be deleted immediately. All in favor say aye.

I'm here to stay informed about Iconomi, not read about you guy's pissing contest.
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:51:10 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 06:26:30 PM by xtyling

I have been thinking about something.. just like coins with masternodes. They lock their coins to validate transactions and in return they get coins

What if we try to do something like this with Iconomi ?

What if Iconomi provides a service to lock ICNs on the website. Locking ICNs will reduce the market supply and in return, people who locked their coins would get ICNX coins for their service ? Those ICNX coins could be bought from a fixed % profits made on the platform. Locking would be for 6 months to 1 year. We dont go full 100% on buybacks but we reserve a small % for the locking of coins reward

What do you guys think. Is it feasible ?
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:55:26 PM

Lesson #1 you don't travel to North Korea if you want to be taken seriously in the first world.
Like what were you thinking? You don't even answer on legit question put on the table and you go to NK
to escape from the trouble of having to communicate with your investors by isolating tourself? ARE YOU  OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER?

You know who travels to NK ? Document filmakers, daredevils, and mentally unstable people like Dennis Rodman.

I'm taking a look as Stratis and PIVX right now and I'm extremely pissed off at those Eastern Europeans.

Change the language on your posts (hint - don't curse) and stick to facts, such as origin country.

We all got it - you're butthurt that you missed a great pump
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

I say posts that antagonize the moderator in any way should be deleted immediately. All in favor say aye.

I'm here to stay informed about Iconomi, not read about you guy's pissing contest.

Chill brah.

This is a place of joy and happiness. You are harshing our buzz.
VJGCTA

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:37:58 PM

Is ICN profit sharing or, in fact, revenue sharing?

And,

How does ICNP distribute it's profits to ICN and other holders?

Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:37:00 PM

And,

Page 1 of this thread has the answers you are looking for.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:47:06 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 07:57:57 PM by MoveCrypto

I have been thinking about something.. just like coins with masternodes. They lock their coins to validate transactions and in return they get coins

What if Iconomi provides a service to lock ICNs on the website. Locking ICNs will reduce the market supply and in return, people who locked their coins would get ICNX coins for their service ? Those ICNX coins could be bought from a fixed % profits made on the platform. Locking would be for 6 months to 1 year. We dont go full 100% on buybacks but we reserve a small % for the locking of coins reward

This sounds like an interesting idea.  2 possible effects from this:

- could market ICN as a usage token

- it would theoretically pump up the price by locking portions of the supply

I think it would be better if this system was smart-contract-based instead of having to signup to website in order to lock your ICN.

Why do you propose giving people who lock their ICN interest in the form of ICNX instead of ICN?

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
VJGCTA

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:07:52 PM

And,

Page 1 of this thread has the answers you are looking for.

Ok, let me be more specific. How does ICN distribute unrealized profits from ICNP token appreciation? (Following conversations on the previous pages)
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:08:07 PM

Why do you propose giving people who lock their ICN interest in the form of ICNX instead of ICN?

ICN master node Cheesy ? looks like next GREAT pump opportuninty but...
Dash Dev was trashed for 10% instamined supply and what you think will be with ICN devs holding 13% of all supply ?

At end buyback in more equal for all investors all can sell/buy and go.
Making another circle jerk of masternode is getting boring to me.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Zenoru

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:13:03 PM

This sounds like a good idea.  2 possible effects from this:

I think it would be better if this system was smart-contract-based instead of having to signup to website in order to lock your ICN.

I don't think locking up ICN tokens and thus constraining the supply is a good idea. Sure, it could pump up the price, but look at what happened to Bitconnect because of its lending program (https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-information/19/investing-in-bitconnect-lending). The price is clearly in a bubble, probably because of this lending, and there is likely to be a big correction or sell-off soon. Similarly, Dash got into a bubble because the supply was constrained - most coins were locked up in masternodes (either a soft-lock if you had a full masternode, i.e you could still move coins if needed or there were some services offering a stake in a masternode in exchange for locking up coins for a period).

I would prefer steady growth, which will happen once the platform launches and it sees growing usage. I'm fairly certain it will bring in a lot of money into all of crypto, given that the platform will make it incredibly simple for the average person to invest.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 08:16:36 PM

One thing I have learnt is that market has nothing to do with how solid a project is and how much development has bees accomplished.If we send some good positive vibes,market will react positivly and ICN will be on moon.I understand that platform will take time and people are impatience.Unless platform is not made open to public,price is not going to boom unless we want.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:26:01 PM

I don't think locking up ICN tokens and thus constraining the supply is a good idea. Sure, it could pump up the price, but look at what happened to Bitconnect because of its lending program (https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-information/19/investing-in-bitconnect-lending). The price is clearly in a bubble, probably because of this lending, and there is likely to be a big correction or sell-off soon. Similarly, Dash got into a bubble because the supply was constrained - most coins were locked up in masternodes (either a soft-lock if you had a full masternode, i.e you could still move coins if needed or there were some services offering a stake in a masternode in exchange for locking up coins for a period).

I would prefer steady growth, which will happen once the platform launches and it sees growing usage. I'm fairly certain it will bring in a lot of money into all of crypto, given that the platform will make it incredibly simple for the average person to invest.

There were some talks about making ICN into a usage token for marketing or regulation purposes. 

This is one of the first ICN usage token proposals I have heard.  Another one would be to require array managers on DAMP to hold or burn some ICN in order to create a new array.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

This sounds like an interesting idea.  2 possible effects from this:

I choosed ICNX because ICN will never be a currency on its own where people will make use of hold for longer under any circumstances with the buyback. Locking will be an incentive for people to remain with ICN. With the diviends away, what aspects will currently encourage people to hold ICN ? The buybacks ? After burning the coins, what might be the other incentive of holding and not selling the coins for profits and buying back before the next buyback.

The use of ICNX coins can be acted as the "dividends" but instead the word reward for locking the coins
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:06:32 PM

Like what were you thinking? You don't even answer on legit question put on the table and you go to NK
to escape from the trouble of having to communicate with your investors by isolating tourself? ARE YOU  OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER?

You know who travels to NK ? Document filmakers, daredevils, and mentally unstable people like Dennis Rodman.

I'm taking a look as Stratis and PIVX right now and I'm extremely pissed off at those Eastern Europeans.

Change the language on your posts (hint - don't curse) and stick to facts, such as origin country.

I got a question for you. If I ask the same things in a different manner, shall I have any answers? No. I don`t think so. And honolulumark has his point. And if these guys doesn`t sit on their a$$3$ and start to learn how to talk with people that have invested more than 10 million - now 40 million, very soon there will be no cursing, but threats. And you all must be really stupid to not see it. This is not a joke. We are not a kinder-garden here. This little guy - Jani, or I don`t give a (guess what) is his name can not stop anyone by deleting accounts, posts or whatsoever. Don't assume that we all are far away from you. Start to take it seriously. This has gone too far. Stop being arrogant. You are turning this into the biggest crypto failure.

What point does he have? That the team is not allowed to take a vacation? Or that it's a failing project just because the price is not at the level that he wished for?
As for communications - there are at least monthly updates. You may want to have more updates and you may not like the current level of communications, but it is not up to you to set the team schedule and priorities.

You are right - we are not in kindergarden, so stop acting like Jani or anyone else from the team is your kindergarden teacher
Zenoru

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:21:17 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 09:54:53 PM by Zenoru

There were some talks about making ICN into a usage token for marketing or regulation purposes.  

This is one of the first ICN usage token proposals I have heard.  Another one would be to require array managers on DAMP to hold or burn some ICN in order to create a new array.

Yeah, I remember those talks too. Burning/holding tokens to create a new array could be beneficial, too, as it acts as a sort of barrier to entry - basically ensuring that only serious fund managers open digital arrays and making the platform more high-quality. I can see this working in a couple of ways:

1. Fund managers commit to locking up X amount of ICN for a certain period, in order to start a digital asset array. I don't think this should act as insurance, i.e, ICN shouldn't be burned/taken away if the array performs badly - the whole crypto market could turn bearish and many arrays would perform badly. But it at least shows that managers are willing make some financial commitment of their own. After the initial lockup period, managers can get their ICN back.
2. Fund managers burn Y amount of ICN (Y being smaller than X) as a one-time fee, in order to start a digital asset array. It won't be some crazy amount, perhaps between $100-1000 worth. This is an even stronger financial commitment. And this would benefit existing holders in the same way the token buyback would.

To take this idea further, why not even incentivize well-performing arrays by awarding their managers some ICN (kind of like how Augur rewards REP tokens for correct predictions)? In this case, we may be able to modify #2 above: instead of burning ICN, fund managers contribute to an ICN pool, which is periodically distributed to top-performing digital asset arrays. The only caveat is that this is probably not necessary because fund managers already get management fees (and can charge more if they do better).

Anyway, these are just some crazy ideas, but I think they can help make ICN more of a usage token.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:32:22 PM

to escape from the trouble of having to communicate with your investors by isolating tourself? ARE YOU  OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER?

Don't be too harsh to this guy, he might be the only truth sayer trying to bring up numerous shortcomings of iconomi dudes and warn u about possible future drawbacks. He was paid in igiuana token and may not now what is going on in here so it's normal for iguana followers to speak figuratively. I have seen a lot of shit but have never imagined that Penis rodman will ever be released from the nuthouse.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Has it really never occurred to you that people that aren't from the United States or Western Europe do not have the same hesitation towards visiting North Korea? Chinese and Russians, for example, vacation there often and it has nothing to do with them being filmmakers, daredevils, or mentally unstable basketball players for the US. As an American, I recommend you try not to view the world from a such a self-centered perspective- it doesn't reflect well on us Westerners.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:40:27 PM

I wonder how the platform once released would affect the Icn coin itself. If btc rise,  Icn won't maintain the value,  but ICNX could,  as is within using the whole market. Right?
TheTruthIsOutThere

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:13:33 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2017, 02:17:11 AM by TheTruthIsOutThere

Has it really never occurred to you that people that aren't from the United States or Western Europe do not have the same hesitation towards visiting North Korea? Chinese and Russians, for example, vacation there often and it has nothing to do with them being filmmakers, daredevils, or mentally unstable basketball players for the US. As an American, I recommend you try not to view the world from a such a self-centered perspective- it doesn't reflect well on us Westerners.

you killing me mate.

Americans are so well known for being "open" to the outside world.

https://interculturalmeanderings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/map-of-the-world-according-to-americans.jpg

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: