Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:46:51 PM

I bought some too against my better judgement. My outlook is bleak but after coupons i paid $650.00 per L3+ including shipping. That's one rock solid little unit so at that price, it's worth a try. Definitely saving most bullets for next tech. Keep in mind the massive outlier of Lightning Network. If that effort takes hold, this stuff will blow the roof off. There is better than a 50/50 Chance that can happen in 2018. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Yep, that is my bet also..grumpy though it makes me....I"ve too much dubious LISK ..that would be very sucseptable to a price dump of BTC and all crypto....thus

my hedge below...I don't like it...but again at my risk of needing to make $250 a unit to break even AFTER electric...I too figure it is maybe a bit more than 50/50 odds in my case.

(again see below posting) ...but we are all essentially betting (even if just like me in a small part) on Unicorn dreams/ fariydust/ rainbows/ and nubile women.....odds are long...

most likely senario is price goes sideways...and all this equipment I get will just be a 'wash' oranges for oranges ..when the mining pukes...but hey, you know what they say:

dump or pump...chump or champ...we will see!

brad

Wow, super bargain price. Any rumor on next generation of scrypt miner from Bitmain ?

Also have similar concerns...L3+ price keep dumping. Or maybe it just because of competition agains Innosilicon A4, A6 miners.

L3+ is only 28nm and Inno A4 is on 14/16nm. The A4 is only 20% more efficient. The S9 (14/16nm) is 3 times more efficient than the S7 (28nm). Hence, if an L4+ appears, it could be 3 times more efficient. That being said, I dont think an L4+ will appear anytime soon as there is no real need for it. Bitmain can win on pricing by far I believe, especially since they are producing a 28nm against a competitor 14/16nm.

Just my 2 cents
Bitmain is sending a definite signal that they are clearing their inventory in preparation for release of new technology. The legacy units are now only useful to those with huge scale and minimum electricity costs. To say the l3+ will be "useless" is just plain stupid. Although it will be, to all the stunned morons that piled into mining in the last 4 months at record ASIC and Crypto highs. Time to cull the herd.

I got some...(or trying to thru a buddy) L3+'s but with coupons and my tax rate and the equip deduction my REAL risk is only $250 a unit...also paying in LISK which I have a mess of

and if the price does tank in crypto...like all alts that will tank more...so whatever ...this hedge on equip or hedge on holding alts/btc...IF price stays sideways ..whatever 'mixture'

I choose (with above coupons/equip deductions/ etc) it is likely a wash...again if price goes sideways.....IF price dumps for BTC and worse for alts...then we are all screwed and

all this won't matter anyway...whatever the above mixture of equip vs alts thing I'm doing...of course if price eventually rises and you can HODL some crypto...well hell..that's

the bet on this sideways drama of price and likely only doing oranges (equip) for oranges (weak crypto) etc

A NORMAL guy without the above ...will ONLY have coupons (maybe) and the 25% equipment deduction their risk could be as high as 75% in real money (unlike me with my tax rate)

so be aware of the difference I'm at with all this and where you may be on all this angle wise...just the way it is...also remember this 50% to tax man with state is off my

CURRENT mining income...I stop mining and this goes away...so for right now my hedge on this equip risk is pretty damn low...assuming mining of any kind hangs together...

Anyway, if crypto mining is DONE ...then I got equipment for deductions ONE STEP TOO FAR...which is pretty much how I always expected it to end.....IF price of crypto goes

sideways for say months..MAYBE I can pretend it is 2015 and just be grumpy and HODL a lot of crypto/LTC or whatever....and of course if price dumps and difficulty cranks up

even more....well all this won't matter anyway.....and I'll wrap the works up ..mining wise by July 2018 at best anyway...

anyway, as a HEDGE, with the altcoins I'm gonna use vs the rest of the risk out there..it is kinda a wash in my case...even less risk if you are in my boat and have the $450

coupons...so I expect a lot of big whales with the $450 coupons to come out and play in bitmain land (or likely boobytrap land)

Also, I expect this stuff to all sell out quick and probably we are not gonna see any ASIC's anymore ...till as some say new equip by bitmain or the summer sometime at best...

my frigging 'guess' and risk/ratio!

you roll the dice, you take the risk!

brad

Better buy LTC at $110 and wait for the summer pump at $300-$400 better bet and not so much risk
No the risk is....it goes to $50.00. It also doesn't provide any daily income or ability to enhance yield through
Hedging and Swaps. Your idea is called speculation. Ours is a business. Yours is a linear approach. Ours is multi faceted. You only have one way to make money. I have 6-10.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:36:07 PM
Merited by mindrust (5)

haha looks like bitmain is finally starting to squirm a little after extracting billions from everyone. They are issuing coupons and dropping prices like crazy. Just got a bunch of $350 coupons this morning.

Hopefully they will be stuck with a shit ton of excess stock, and get screwed with 100's of millions in 7-10nm chips for bitcoin and 16nm for Litecoin that they wont be able to sell at the crazy prices they were hoping for this summer.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
BenRickert

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:04:00 PM

haha looks like bitmain is finally starting to squirm a little after extracting billions from everyone. They are issuing coupons and dropping prices like crazy. Just got a bunch of $350 coupons this morning.

Hopefully they will be stuck with a shit ton of excess stock, and get screwed with 100's of millions in 7-10nm chips for bitcoin and 16nm for Litecoin that they wont be able to sell at the crazy prices they were hoping for this summer.
My friend, Bitmain is FAR from "squirming". They are executing an extremely brilliant plan to clear their remaining inventory just prior to new release. I promise you they are already mining the new chips. Hence the insane ramp ups in DIFF. At this stage Bitmain could GIVE these units away and it wouldn't hurt them one bit. Notice the "June" expiration of all those coupons. Those coupons will only be accepted for the legacy technology only. Shortly after those expire, expect to see the new releases. Trust me, people WILL pay whatever they have to for the new units. They will buy in droves. Large mining operations will begin swapping legacy for new. Bitman knows exactly what they are doing and they do it very very well. Tsung Su's art of war in real life.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:39:55 PM

I bought some too against my better judgement. My outlook is bleak but after coupons i paid $650.00 per L3+ including shipping. That's one rock solid little unit so at that price, it's worth a try. Definitely saving most bullets for next tech. Keep in mind the massive outlier of Lightning Network. If that effort takes hold, this stuff will blow the roof off. There is better than a 50/50 Chance that can happen in 2018. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Yep, that is my bet also..grumpy though it makes me....I"ve too much dubious LISK ..that would be very sucseptable to a price dump of BTC and all crypto....thus

my hedge below...I don't like it...but again at my risk of needing to make $250 a unit to break even AFTER electric...I too figure it is maybe a bit more than 50/50 odds in my case.

(again see below posting) ...but we are all essentially betting (even if just like me in a small part) on Unicorn dreams/ fariydust/ rainbows/ and nubile women.....odds are long...

most likely senario is price goes sideways...and all this equipment I get will just be a 'wash' oranges for oranges ..when the mining pukes...but hey, you know what they say:

brad

Wow, super bargain price. Any rumor on next generation of scrypt miner from Bitmain ?

Also have similar concerns...L3+ price keep dumping. Or maybe it just because of competition agains Innosilicon A4, A6 miners.

L3+ is only 28nm and Inno A4 is on 14/16nm. The A4 is only 20% more efficient. The S9 (14/16nm) is 3 times more efficient than the S7 (28nm). Hence, if an L4+ appears, it could be 3 times more efficient. That being said, I dont think an L4+ will appear anytime soon as there is no real need for it. Bitmain can win on pricing by far I believe, especially since they are producing a 28nm against a competitor 14/16nm.

Just my 2 cents
Bitmain is sending a definite signal that they are clearing their inventory in preparation for release of new technology. The legacy units are now only useful to those with huge scale and minimum electricity costs. To say the l3+ will be "useless" is just plain stupid. Although it will be, to all the stunned morons that piled into mining in the last 4 months at record ASIC and Crypto highs. Time to cull the herd.

I got some...(or trying to thru a buddy) L3+'s but with coupons and my tax rate and the equip deduction my REAL risk is only $250 a unit...also paying in LISK which I have a mess of

and if the price does tank in crypto...like all alts that will tank more...so whatever ...this hedge on equip or hedge on holding alts/btc...IF price stays sideways ..whatever 'mixture'

I choose (with above coupons/equip deductions/ etc) it is likely a wash...again if price goes sideways.....IF price dumps for BTC and worse for alts...then we are all screwed and

all this won't matter anyway...whatever the above mixture of equip vs alts thing I'm doing...of course if price eventually rises and you can HODL some crypto...well hell..that's

the bet on this sideways drama of price and likely only doing oranges (equip) for oranges (weak crypto) etc

A NORMAL guy without the above ...will ONLY have coupons (maybe) and the 25% equipment deduction their risk could be as high as 75% in real money (unlike me with my tax rate)

so be aware of the difference I'm at with all this and where you may be on all this angle wise...just the way it is...also remember this 50% to tax man with state is off my

CURRENT mining income...I stop mining and this goes away...so for right now my hedge on this equip risk is pretty damn low...assuming mining of any kind hangs together...

Anyway, if crypto mining is DONE ...then I got equipment for deductions ONE STEP TOO FAR...which is pretty much how I always expected it to end.....IF price of crypto goes

sideways for say months..MAYBE I can pretend it is 2015 and just be grumpy and HODL a lot of crypto/LTC or whatever....and of course if price dumps and difficulty cranks up

even more....well all this won't matter anyway.....and I'll wrap the works up ..mining wise by July 2018 at best anyway...

anyway, as a HEDGE, with the altcoins I'm gonna use vs the rest of the risk out there..it is kinda a wash in my case...even less risk if you are in my boat and have the $450

coupons...so I expect a lot of big whales with the $450 coupons to come out and play in bitmain land (or likely boobytrap land)

Also, I expect this stuff to all sell out quick and probably we are not gonna see any ASIC's anymore ...till as some say new equip by bitmain or the summer sometime at best...

brad

Better buy LTC at $110 and wait for the summer pump at $300-$400 better bet and not so much risk

got enough LTC for that ..and LISK was dumping (still is) and I have more LISK than 'comfortable' on this downward trend...thus again the hedge was 1) equipment ...if stuff goes

sideways won't matter if the hedge is between too much LISK and Equipment... 2) if price continues to dump..the boat will just sink anyway 3) If the price recovers I will

look like a genius

also, never hurts to show the tax folk (IRS and State) that I'm buying some equip as a home business and the equipment deduction

so hell, as a hedge there is little risk if the price of crypto goes sideways or up...if it goes down...well the LISK price would have dumped too...so anyway my hedge on this

assumed wash of cutting down on some LISK, needed equip deductions badly at my tax rate, and the chance that BTC (and alts along for the ride) will recover to 10k

thus the bet...chump or champ we will see

and also to clarify ..I got a crap load of LISK at the ICO so you could make the case I'm taking some profit ..still likely HODL'ing  too much LISK ..if an altcoin dive in price..and thus

taking profits from this (got it on the ICO) ...thus just the profit taking is my above hedge...(delusional or not) ...

again, sideways price little risk to me (if any, some equip depreciation gains) ....no risk at all if price goes up....no risk at all if price dumps (doomed)

come to think of it this is pretty much what my life is like....3 choices.....things are looking up!, thinks are looking meh!, things are looking down Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

brad

Just my 2 cents

brad

got enough LTC for that ..and LISK was dumping (still is) and I have more the 'comfortable' on this downward trend...thus again the hedge was 1) equipment ...if stuff goes

sideways won't matter if the hedge is between too much LISK and Equipment... 2) if price continues to dump..the boat will just sink anyway 3) If the price recovers I will

look like a genius

also, never hurts to show the tax folk (IRS and State) that I'm buying some equip as a home business and the equipment deduction

so hell, as a hedge there is little risk if the price of crypto goes sideways or up...if it goes down...well the LISK price would have dumped too...so anyway my hedge on this

assumed wash of cutting down on some LISK, needed equip deductions badly at my tax rate, and the chance that BTC (and alts along for the ride) will recover to 10k

and also to clarify ..I got a crap load of LISK at the ICO so you could make the case I'm taking some profit ..ol too much of the stuff ..if an altcoin dive in price..and thus

taking profits from this (got it on the ICO) ...thus just the profit taking is my above hedge...(delusional or not) ...

again, sideways price little risk to me (if any, some equip depreciation gains) ....no risk at all if price goes up....no risk at all if price dumps (doomed)

come to think of it this is pretty much what my life is like....3 choices.....things are looking up!, thinks are looking meh!, things are looking down Sad

Be careful to don't remain with expensive doorstops ... buying old ascis is not a clever move ....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

brad

Just my 2 cents

brad

got enough LTC for that ..and LISK was dumping (still is) and I have more the 'comfortable' on this downward trend...thus again the hedge was 1) equipment ...if stuff goes

look like a genius

and also to clarify ..I got a crap load of LISK at the ICO so you could make the case I'm taking some profit ..ol too much of the stuff ..if an altcoin dive in price..and thus

Be careful to don't remain with expensive doorstops ... buying old ASIC'S is not a clever move ....

at my tax rate..and such I need to make $250 (for each of the 6 units w/coupons for each) AFTER electric is paid, to break even (includes 50% tax rate for state and IRS misl and the 25%

real cash applied to taxes owed/paid this year

in equipment deduction)

so my risk (after coupons) is again $243.85 exactly PLUS electric

of course, this SEEMED a much better plan yesterday, when I got these units...

got them thru a buddy, the direct pay of LISK to him (he wants some to HODL) and my LISK exposure is down some...

and of course the modest equipment deduction off this months mining revenue

but yeah, you could be completely correct on all this....but I always figured I'd be ONE or more units TOO FAR when mining ended...one thing about getting the equipment

if I do have to wrap this biz up this year...the tax man can't say it was not for trying!

but yeah, tulips could be in ALL our futures.... Sad

(currently waiting around for the mt. gox trustee to panic and dump and drive BTC price to around 2k ..fun times ..crypto boogieman wise) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:06:07 PM

All you need is my 15$ daily coin ;-)

U create that coin. We will help u mine it Smiley

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

Mother of God   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:08:55 AM

Time to SUPER SALES or CLEARANCE SALES?

L4 will be on the way in this summer

Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:06:59 PM

Wow 462 USD. Many havent broke even on recent L3+ I believe.  Hope bitmain dont release L4 yet if it exist. Thanks

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
kitkat008

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:12:39 PM

That's why nobody should buy their crap. Made mistake once Cheesy
BenRickert

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:37:02 PM

Wow 462 USD. Many havent broke even on recent L3+ I believe.  Hope bitmain dont release L4 yet if it exist. Thanks
L3+ the next D3, compliments of Shitmain.....and yes, the next Tech is coming shortly after the coupons expire. July or August. Then....rinse repeat the whole process. 16NM will be worthless unless you pay .02 to .04 Kwh.

Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:53:05 PM

Time to SUPER SALES or CLEARANCE SALES?

L4 will be on the way in this summer

That looks like Bitmain selling at or below cost.  Somewhere I read that they can manufacture S9/L3 at $500 a piece.  Feel sort of genius for purchasing L3+ hardware at $1450-1500 two months ago.  Huh

They must be clearing all warehouses for next gen antminers coming out sometime this summer??  This.... and trying to smash competition out of the space.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:58:00 PM

You can use coupons on this.  Hell if I had some $420 coupons I would pick up a couple.  LOL

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:01:17 PM

Learned if you used coupons and your order expires you are shit out of luck, they show them as used.

kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:04:34 PM

Learned if you used coupons and your order expires you are shit out of luck, they show them as used.

No, you can ask to get the coupon back. Ive done it, they will give u back.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:08:00 PM

No, you can ask to get the coupon back. Ive done it, they will give u back.

Bitmain isn't exactly quick about answering tickets.  Sad

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

I still have some $200 ones, but the $350 ones are locked up. 

Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:26:04 PM

You can use coupons on this.  Hell if I had some $420 coupons I would pick up a couple.  LOL

Yes,,, they are allowing me to use $100, $200 & $220 coupons,  but not the $450 coupons   Cheesy.   That would have been nice.... a miner for $12.

Funny thing is, I am hesitating because I calculate that you may have 2-3 months of revenue before new tech is out in which case you still may not ROI.

I have never seen a hardware investment devalue so quickly.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
theinca

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:13:14 PM

I have pretty cheap electricity so with a $220 coupon I could ROI on some L3's. Anyone want to donate a $220 coupon to me?
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: