Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:31:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:41:10 PM

The key takeaway for me in Alan's CEOCFO magazine interview, and the press release associated with it, is that it will get people to begin asking the right questions.

So few people understand what is going on, or what is relevant in the industry BECAUSE so few people are asking proactive questions in our media that help people to better understand their own actions - i.e. investment choices. Even when people do ask these right questions (or who have the answers), they are not given a platform.

For example: why is there no conversation within the industry regarding intrinsic value? Even if you have an application building network and a tokenized 'gas' for its use, that hardly drives an 'intrinsic value'. It just means you can use it as money to pay for a network, in the same way that I can spend my Bitcoin's at many online retailers - there is no value behind such applications for supporting a token's -- or currency's -- price.

Alan's interview primes readers to ask these questions. Our approach is different, and it is one that seems completely lost on an industry containing many of the greatest minds. Many people investing in the crypto-realm are great at recognizing a 'cool technology', yet have absolutely no idea about what intrinsic value is, and absolutely no idea that value creation (i.e. shared profit or value creation) is what drives this.

Fiat money -- or modern money -- has zero intrinsic value, as both a piece of paper (burning?), and as a token (infinitely printed representation of debt that we trade with one another). Cryptocurrencies generally are held up by speculative hype and dreams of making a fortune in the future. Should these dreams be considered an overestimate, no development network can save its token from falling to zero.

Some may wonder if an ICO for equity is intrinsic value? -- ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There are ICO's everywhere that are backed by nothing. People are seeking 100s of millions with nothing but a white paper or another 'me too'. Currently Ethereum is the most used token in this regard for raising ICO funding, of which all are soon dumped at the exchanges for BTC and USD which isn't great for Ether's price. This dumping makes all Ether investors proxy financiers of other people's garbage-grade investments from their community. Investments in businesses that don't even have any customers... But at least the ICO people hand over a newly issued token worth nothing (early discount price proves it!) in exchange for handing over a token with an actual tradeable 'price' that they get to spend. ICOs are crowdfunding without promise of future profits.

So what intrinsic value again? I mean it's not to say a tradeable coin won't go up in value (like say Ether in their ICO), but really... none if it is intrinsic value.

But a rapidly growing and profit generating business? Would you invest in that? What if a currency was also a share in the company and company profits were directed back into the currency network? This is called compound growth model, or positive-feedback loop that enhances and amplifies the success of any component of an ecosystem.

We are currently taking an active approach to make sure these questions are asked. Great to see our approach, the better approach, being dispensed in the mainstream media.

When Einstein made his famous observation "Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.” he forgot to add intrinsic value. Without an understanding of this concept people will never truly understand what "money" is. Schools don't bother to teach underlying concepts and roots of belief anymore. Its like they give you the icing without the cake. there is a whole generation of young people now who have no clue how the dollar gets it's power to buy real goods or even where that authority really comes from. Quite a shame...

Thanks, RJF. It is the cumulative positive impact of everything that DNotes is doing that makes us different, separating us from an increasingly crowded and confused industry. Making things simple and convenient for all our long-term stakeholders to participate and be fairly rewarded will make DNotes 2.0 uniquely different than others. This is made possible because of DNotesValut and other projects that are a part of our total solution.  Yes, “compound interest” is “magical” over the long-term.  Together with anticipated appreciation, a small CRISP retirement account with a disciplined regular monthly contribution could be worth an eye-popping amount 20 years from now. 
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:14:20 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 04:33:46 PM by TeeGee

It is like we are being turned into the pod people or something.  I fully appreciate what the dev has put together, but we don't want a bridge between decentralized and centralized.  The entire concept and idea of Bitcoin is to be completely decentralized.

Hi taxmanmt5, and welcome to our forum.

Our currency token and network is completely decentralized. Our business model, and separate company is of a more centralized model that utilizes strong leadership to make our decentralized token useful and accepted as mainstream in the real world. The centralized aspect of the company means it operates and integrates with the real business world, and then diverts some of the profits into furthering the decentralized token's growth. People can utilize the DNotes ecosystem from within the confines of the internet, or opt to engage with our growth-centric company in the modern business world. Both outcomes result in growth in the fundamental value of the decentralized DNotes token, and hence "Bridging the Centralized and Decentralized World's". This integration with the existing world is necessary for any token to enter mainstream use. Without a strong leadership model, no token will enter use for mainstream payments. DNotes Global's leadership achieves this, while leaving the currency itself completely decentralized.

It is Win / Win no matter which way you look at it. I hope this helps.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 04:24:46 PM

It is like we are being turned into the pod people or something.  I fully appreciate what the dev has put together, but we don't want a bridge between decentralized and centralized.  The entire concept and idea of Bitcoin is to be completely decentralized.

Hi taxmanmt5, and welcome to the DNotes forum.

1. We are not a copycat of bitcoin or any other alt.
2. If every currency replicates the same concept and idea as bitcoin, that would make them the pod people...  Wink

Welcome taxmanmt5, we do believe some aspects should remain completely decentralized. Such as the creation of new currency and the decentralized security and consensus. While having the option to use it any way that you see fit. Some will want complete control of their own wallet and how they use their DNotes, which is completely within the scope of DNotes model. Others will only use it when it is just as easy to use as the money they use today (and even easier). We consider having centralized bridges to the decentralized world only to be a additional benefit to the currency.

The other aspect of this discussion is the company and how it impacts decentralization and the market. When the company is fully functional, and there are significant revenue streams coming in, the company has value, and helping to create fundamental and intrinsic value for the currency... Then that will help to create a "floor" price for DNotes, as well as lift its value.

In essence, all we are doing is adding to the value proposition and benefits of the currency. We are not taking away from the decentralization.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:06:56 PM

Being a New Zealand national, I decided to tune in briefly for the second to last race of the America's Cup. Now I personally don't care at all about sailing, or if New Zealand wins (since our government should never be subsidizing sports teams in my view), but I did see some interesting feats of achievement and innovation - David can certainly defeat Goliath.

My main observation was that funding is no-way near as important to result as strategy, innovation, and team cohesion.

Team New Zealand are a minor funded outfit that struggles to acquire the necessary sponsors (Emirates is primary) to put together a competitive team compared to the other sailing syndicates that are all funded by billionaires i.e. Larry Ellison and his Team USA / Oracle. Oracle are funded with anywhere between three and five times the funding of Team NZ. Team USA are the defending champions, so they get create the race rules and conditions, and they are made incredibly in their favor and in other cases, make the life of Team NZ very difficult.

So out-muscled and with the game rigged against them? Team New Zealand have won 7 races, to Oracle's 1 (6-1 on score because NZ started with a race handicap). One more win, and the America's cup comes back to New Zealand. The race Team New Zealand lost, they capsized before they even reached the start line.

Work smarter, not harder. Strategy is king. Always have the right team

Team New Zealand have simply been the better team thus far. They innovated better and took a different path in implementing a bicycling grinding system to control the sails, compared to their rivals who do it with their arms. Oracle copied the concept to a degree so that it also had bicycle grinders which allow for 40% more power and efficiency. But this didn't help the defending champions. Team New Zealand astutely realized that upon changing the the way their boat worked to bicycle grinders, that their key personnel requirements also changed. So instead of having the best sailors filling positions on their boat, they got several Olympic cyclists and rowing champions to join their boat crew. These people never tire, and can quickly be taught how to operate on the boat under the skippers command. This new class of crewman was more effective to winning than having the most experienced sailors on the team.

Communicate, and practice

My next observation was the lack of fluidity in transitions on the part of Oracle. They seemed haphazard at best, like they were rattled, and not working in a complementary manner to one another. It was as if their team would all move from one side of the boat to the other without a smooth flow, with many lost seconds of individual team members not being in the correct position. By contrast, when Team New Zealand made the decision to 'tack', the entire squad would finish what they were doing, and seamlessly move to the other side of the boat in unison, without any appearance of difficulty or members looking like they weren't where they should be.

Watching, I couldn't help but see the parallels to this industry - Nobody could tell at the beginning how far ahead the real leaders are; everybody else is doing what-the-hell-ever - investors are buying into coins that have no product of service attached that are absent any sense of direction; there are a lot of brilliant minds working in the space, but they don't always have the right skills mix in their team to achieve what they say they want to accomplish; being the underdog is a great position to reveal strength from.

Now, keep in mind everyone, DNotes has a New Zealander of its own on the team Wink

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:51:10 AM

GDAX to Reimburse Traders for Losses During Flash Crash

https://dcebrief.com/gdax-to-reimburse-traders-for-losses-during-flash-crash/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:00:59 PM

The Four Pillars of Business Success - Introduction by Alan Yong

https://youtu.be/5JdWJ8IxCmU

To sign up for membership pre-registration please visit this link:
https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/subscription/

You people have certainly kept busy. I got a much better sense of the direction of your book, and the energy behind it, from this video, than I have from anything else I'd read so far. And that includes the great looking book trailer that I discovered afterwards.

So I signed up to be a part of the entrepreneur group, and got my confirmation email before the 'welcome' website had finished loading. This whole thing looks like another strong move by the DNotes team. I'll bet the timing has been carefully chosen as well.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:52:57 PM

A Tool for Analyzing Cryptocurrency Investment

This informative article by Timothy Goggin:
https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-mitigate-your-risk-how-to-invest-for-success/
has had me thinking about how to weigh-up the options for investing in cryptocurrency. Not all of the alt-coin out there can succeed, because as people begin to use them in daily use, they will benefit most from the ones that are easily traded. But the value of the successful ones is likely to be thousands of times higher than their current value. So when the sky is the limit, you only need a small part of that to do really well.

By that I mean you don't need to buy a whole coin even, to do well out of a runaway success. So I've been thinking about how hard it would be to create a small portfolio for $100 by buying just $10 worth of the ten most likely to succeed cryptocurrencies. If nine went nowhere, and one only gained ten times it's value, your safe. But if just one of them takes off and gains 100–1000 times it's value, you'll have done better than any other investment opportunity I can think of. Unless Chase is right about those coffee futures  Wink

So with these thoughts running around my head, I used Google Sheets to recreate a tool that I have used often in business when comparing purchasing options or analysing tenders. I call it a balanced score card because it is self balancing. It is not enough to rate all of the aspects of a choice, because some aspects are more important than others. If you rated the safety, and preferred colour, of rock-climbing ropes, and chose the one with the highest score, you might die at the end of a very pretty rope. And because some things are much more important than others, the tool I created allows you to give a criteria weight. Any weight you want. So you might have weighted most things 4 or 5, then come across something much more important and give it a 900. You can do that and it all balances out.

Because of this, the tool also helps you understand and justify choices you've already made. If you rate all of the criteria and an option you don't like sits at the top, just fiddle the weightings until your preferred option is at the top. This process reveals what importance you had to put on criteria to make yours win.

Once I created this tool in Google Sheets, I added criteria based on Timothy Goggin's excellent advice. And added a few coins to use as examples. I have then shared it as "Comment Only" so that you can make a copy of it and play with it for insights into your own investment choices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3JEnDsu_ImWphJsu4o0BpmBew7LXXehsPbA2GplN9o/edit?usp=sharing

Please have a play with it, and ask me anything you like about it. I copied and pasted some data into it from:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/
But it will have changed a little since then.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:53:45 PM

has had me thinking about how to weigh-up the options for investing in cryptocurrency. Not all of the alt-coin out there can succeed, because as people begin to use them in daily use, they will benefit most from the ones that are easily traded. But the value of the successful ones is likely to be thousands of times higher than their current value. So when the sky is the limit, you only need a small part of that to do really well.

By that I mean you don't need to buy a whole coin even, to do well out of a runaway success. So I've been thinking about how hard it would be to create a small portfolio for $100 by buying just $10 worth of the ten most likely to succeed cryptocurrencies. If nine went nowhere, and one only gained ten times it's value, your safe. But if just one of them takes off and gains 100–1000 times it's value, you'll have done better than any other investment opportunity I can think of. Unless Chase is right about those coffee futures  Wink

So with these thoughts running around my head, I used Google Sheets to recreate a tool that I have used often in business when comparing purchasing options or analysing tenders. I call it a balanced score card because it is self balancing. It is not enough to rate all of the aspects of a choice, because some aspects are more important than others. If you rated the safety, and preferred colour, of rock-climbing ropes, and chose the one with the highest score, you might die at the end of a very pretty rope. And because some things are much more important than others, the tool I created allows you to give a criteria weight. Any weight you want. So you might have weighted most things 4 or 5, then come across something much more important and give it a 900. You can do that and it all balances out.

Because of this, the tool also helps you understand and justify choices you've already made. If you rate all of the criteria and an option you don't like sits at the top, just fiddle the weightings until your preferred option is at the top. This process reveals what importance you had to put on criteria to make yours win.

Once I created this tool in Google Sheets, I added criteria based on Timothy Goggin's excellent advice. And added a few coins to use as examples. I have then shared it as "Comment Only" so that you can make a copy of it and play with it for insights into your own investment choices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3JEnDsu_ImWphJsu4o0BpmBew7LXXehsPbA2GplN9o/edit?usp=sharing

Please have a play with it, and ask me anything you like about it. I copied and pasted some data into it from:

This is awesome Tim! I have to admit, I did laugh at "Userbase mentality", even though it is a critical component of the big picture.

The current cryptocurrency herd may need definitions of intrinsic, quality, and useful...  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

Tim, this is a brilliant idea. Especially if we can have 1) a released version for the sake of the community, and 2) if we could put it into a wizard format with all the key criteria so that people can just decide on any given day what they like the look of investing in. Thank you for the mention of my article - it was written in the hopes it really gives people a proper rubric from which to make long-term investments in crypto from.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:27:33 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 04:53:10 PM by Brandon Cheliak

It looks like we are experiencing a bit of a shakeout right now, I'd contribute it to a few main factors:

1) Crypto development teams are not fulfilling their promises and obligations to stakeholders, especially those involved with ICO's. Investors are finally wising up to speculative shit coins that offer no real value, although there are still enough holdouts to keep these scam artists in business.

2) Jitters caused by Ethereum's nosedive on GDAX. Even though the losses of these investors are apparently being covered by the exchange, they will still probably strongly reconsider their other positions in altcoins.
https://dcebrief.com/ethereum-flash-crash-causes-price-to-plummet-nearly-100-in-seconds/

3) A massive bubble driven by rampant speculation. The cryptocurrency industry has grown in value by nearly 23x in the past 2 years, which is far from sustainable and counter intuitive to the goal of promoting financial inclusion. If only a select few reap the rewards of early adoption, a currency can never gain mass acceptance, because it will always be out of reach to those with inadequate financial means. When a cryptocurrency has front heavy issuance, in that most of the currency is rewarded to early adopters, they will benefit with near entirety while late adopters do nothing more than act as pawns that drive value. If a currency with a hard cap on total supply has issued 90% of the supply in their first few years of operation with the intention of driving speculative value to enrich earlier investors, it's a ponzi scheme, plain and simple.

This being said, I think that a shakeout is healthy for the market and DNotes will weather it better than average because an emphasis has never been placed on driving value through hype. Ergo we will retain sufficient liquidity and can support the price for much cheaper at these lower levels than our competitors can.
mdnajir

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

Hi, is there any regular date for v2.0 unleash ?

be cool man.......... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:18:24 PM

Hi, is there any regular date for v2.0 unleash ?

be cool man.......... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thanks for dropping by mdnajir, and to answer your question here is a quote from Dyna

Thanks for asking this important question. We want to have plenty of time to get the word out so that no DNotes stakeholder will be left out. Other steps will be taken to ensure that even those who missed the coin conversion will not loose their DNotes. It does get complicated and we like to keep that to the absolute minimum. That being said, 3 months ETA is reasonable. We will update our community as we get closer to a firm date.

Our second objective is to give new investors time to acquire DNotes at a reasonable price. We are still a mine-able Proof of Work  (POW) coin. Most miners mine and liquidate to pay for their fixed expenses for their costly mining operations; causing an increase in the supply side. Once we switched over to become a Proof of Stake (POS) coin with an reasonable rate of return we expect the supply side to shrink and the demand side to increase. We will likely see DNotes more fairly valued. At this point, DNotes is yet to be discovered and understood because it is positioned very differently. To us, it is most important to do the right things that we believe will benefit everyone over the long term.

We share your excitement and appreciate your interest to support our network by participating in staking DNotes.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:05:35 PM

It looks like we are experiencing a bit of a shakeout right now, I'd contribute it to a few main factors:

1) Crypto development teams are not fulfilling their promises and obligations to stakeholders, especially those involved with ICO's. Investors are finally wising up to speculative shit coins that offer no real value, although there are still enough holdouts to keep these scam artists in business.

2) Jitters caused by Ethereum's nosedive on GDAX. Even though the losses of these investors are apparently being covered by the exchange, they will still probably strongly reconsider their other positions in altcoins.
https://dcebrief.com/ethereum-flash-crash-causes-price-to-plummet-nearly-100-in-seconds/

3) A massive bubble driven by rampant speculation. The cryptocurrency industry has grown in value by nearly 23x in the past 2 years, which is far from sustainable and counter intuitive to the goal of promoting financial inclusion. If only a select few reap the rewards of early adoption, a currency can never gain mass acceptance, because it will always be out of reach to those with inadequate financial means. When a cryptocurrency has front heavy issuance, in that most of the currency is rewarded to early adopters, they will benefit with near entirety while late adopters do nothing more than act as pawns that drive value. If a currency with a hard cap on total supply has issued 90% of the supply in their first few years of operation with the intention of driving speculative value to enrich earlier investors, it's a ponzi scheme, plain and simple.

This being said, I think that a shakeout is healthy for the market and DNotes will weather it better than average because an emphasis has never been placed on driving value through hype. Ergo we will retain sufficient liquidity and can support the price for much cheaper at these lower levels than our competitors can.

4) The upcoming Bitcoin fork to incorporate SegWit and 2mb blocksize (whales will likely buy big time at the bottom).

5) The apparent relationship being formed between Nasdaq (which fell 1% in the first hour of trading today), and Bitcoin.

alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:33:28 PM

I don't understand why every time bitcoin goes down, the price of dnotes goes down further more. In USD it has depreciated from $0.32 to $0.11 now. This is a total control of whales. There are more DNotes in whales pockets than in long-time holders pockets. A coin holder won't dump like that and with this volume...
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:00:59 PM

I don't understand why every time bitcoin goes down, the price of dnotes goes down further more. In USD it has depreciated from $0.32 to $0.11 now. This is a total control of whales. There are more DNotes in whales pockets than in long-time holders pockets. A coin holder won't dump like that and with this volume...

That seems to be the case with pretty much all altcoins today.

If you look at overall BTC dominance of the total coin market cap, it was like 37-38% a week or two back. And right now, it's 43+%. So, it stands to reason that on a day when 145 of the top 150 coins are in the red (with most of them being down 10+%), and a day that is seeing an increase in BTC market cap dominance....that most alts would fall further today than bitcoin.

Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, all in all. Though it does kinda suck to lose the kind of money today, overall (in BTC, LTC, ETC, ETH, XRP, and SYS, along with NOTE) that make grown men cry.

But I'm determined to be not be emotional about all this volatility. Either up, or down.

HODLLLLLL

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:39:42 PM

4) The upcoming Bitcoin fork to incorporate SegWit and 2mb blocksize (whales will likely buy big time at the bottom).

5) The apparent relationship being formed between Nasdaq (which fell 1% in the first hour of trading today), and Bitcoin.

I'm very interested to see what kind of problems they'll run into when attempting to implement those features, and if they will even reach consensus at all. Judging by how large a portion of miners are dis-satisfied with the very notion of segwit and 2mb blocks, we could even theoretically end up seeing more than one version of Bitcoin being widely used by a large share of participants. Which is looking like a more viable option, because it still alleviates network congestion, isolates bad ideas by allowing for independent development, and forces development teams to provide an equal or better service than the competition or else risk losing business.

Maybe it's the volatility of oil reverberating in other markets, it fell over 15% since late May and it's already at rock bottom prices compared with historical figures.
enzeperix

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:47:09 PM

If you look at overall BTC dominance of the total coin market cap, it was like 37-38% a week or two back. And right now, it's 43+%. So, it stands to reason that on a day when 145 of the top 150 coins are in the red (with most of them being down 10+%), and a day that is seeing an increase in BTC market cap dominance....that most alts would fall further today than bitcoin.

Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, all in all. Though it does kinda suck to lose the kind of money today, overall (in BTC, LTC, ETC, ETH, XRP, and SYS, along with NOTE) that make grown men cry.

But I'm determined to be not be emotional about all this volatility. Either up, or down.

HODLLLLLL

I still don't understand the correlation between BTC and alts . Why the other coins drop in price when bitcoin drops ? I was inclined to think that people sell BTC to buy alts which would have a totally different effect from what is actually happening now. So is it the market totally controlled by bitcoin whales ? And the whales sell when the BTC price is up then buy when it reaches a bottom and so on , accumulating more and more from the unexperienced traders? over the last 24h i lost more than $10000  which is very annoying. Well "lost" is inaccurate because i'm still on the green side overall but this volatility  is not for the faint-hearted.
pumpmydump

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:58:41 PM

HODLLLLLL

I still don't understand the correlation between BTC and alts . Why the other coins drop in price when bitcoin drops ? I was inclined to think that people sell BTC to buy alts which would have a totally different effect from what is actually happening now. So is it the market totally controlled by bitcoin whales ? And the whales sell when the BTC price is up then buy when it reaches a bottom and so on , accumulating more and more from the unexperienced traders? over the last 24h i lost more than $10000  which is very annoying. Well "lost" is inaccurate because i'm still on the green side overall but this volatility  is not for the faint-hearted.

When the value of BTC/USD goes down a lot the value of alts/USD goes down a lot as well (because they are mostly indexed relative to BTC), which leads people to sell their alts into BTC and then USD, which brings the value of alts/BTC down and the value of alts/USD even more down, which leads more people to sell their alts and so on and so forth until remain the people who do not want to sell or are not aware of what's going on, and once BTC/USD stabilizes or goes back up people start buying BTC and alts again
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:26:24 AM

HODLLLLLL

I still don't understand the correlation between BTC and alts . Why the other coins drop in price when bitcoin drops ? I was inclined to think that people sell BTC to buy alts which would have a totally different effect from what is actually happening now. So is it the market totally controlled by bitcoin whales ? And the whales sell when the BTC price is up then buy when it reaches a bottom and so on , accumulating more and more from the unexperienced traders? over the last 24h i lost more than $10000  which is very annoying. Well "lost" is inaccurate because i'm still on the green side overall but this volatility  is not for the faint-hearted.

When the value of BTC/USD goes down a lot the value of alts/USD goes down a lot as well (because they are mostly indexed relative to BTC), which leads people to sell their alts into BTC and then USD, which brings the value of alts/BTC down and the value of alts/USD even more down, which leads more people to sell their alts and so on and so forth until remain the people who do not want to sell or are not aware of what's going on, and once BTC/USD stabilizes or goes back up people start buying BTC and alts again

Right on the money. This has been the general trend and the inverse can be said for price movements in the other direction. Investor psychology and herd mentality are powerful drivers when it comes to market valuation, nobody wants to miss out and nobody wants to be left holding the bag in a currency that has no future.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:01:27 AM

HODLLLLLL

I still don't understand the correlation between BTC and alts . Why the other coins drop in price when bitcoin drops ? I was inclined to think that people sell BTC to buy alts which would have a totally different effect from what is actually happening now. So is it the market totally controlled by bitcoin whales ? And the whales sell when the BTC price is up then buy when it reaches a bottom and so on , accumulating more and more from the unexperienced traders? over the last 24h i lost more than $10000  which is very annoying. Well "lost" is inaccurate because i'm still on the green side overall but this volatility  is not for the faint-hearted.

Right on the money. This has been the general trend and the inverse can be said for price movements in the other direction. Investor psychology and herd mentality are powerful drivers when it comes to market valuation, nobody wants to miss out and nobody wants to be left holding the bag in a currency that has no future.

Thank you everyone for supporting this forum. Your best efforts in trying to make sense of the correlation between BTC and altcoin value adjustment is as good as mine; in this case, better than mine could have been. What I can tell you is that, for all practical purposes, DNotes is worth a little more each day. We are working very hard ever day and investing serious money in taking DNotes to the next level with DNotes 2.0 and beyond. I have no doubt that DNotes will be a significant leader in our industry in a year or two. How much would DNotes be worth one day? You got it. Your guess is as good as mine. But don't make the same mistake I made with Startis. I bought a chunk when it was trading below $10 million and sold it at a nice profit after it doubled and then watch it went to $500 + million and to $1 + billion. Startis is developing in C# - so is DNotes. Just some food for thought.

It has been another long day. I started at 5:30 am in Chicago, drove 3.5 hours (240 miles), put in a full day in Coldwater, MI where DNotes core group is at this time. It's now 1:00 am. I have never been with a more committed and talented team. We are very passionate about what we are doing. It takes an amazing team with a clear vision to accomplish amazing results.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: