Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:04:32 AM

US Govt Fines BTC-e $110M, Indicts Owner

https://dcebrief.com/us-govt-fines-btc-e-110m-indicts-exchange-owner/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 07:52:39 PM

Looks like BCC (Bitcoin Cash here is their site) is moving forward with their own fork, even if the SegWit fork is successful.

Confusingly, there is also a BitConnect coin on CoinMarketCap.com also labeled BCC.

Coinbase on the coming changes. Update for customers with bitcoin stored on Coinbase. Worth a read through. Bitstamp released a similar statement they would not be supporting BCC.

Badamba

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:52:37 AM

dnotespool.com
i and other miners cannot withdraw coins.
can admin check on this matter
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 01:24:43 PM

dnotespool.com

I will make sure he knows. Thanks Badamba!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 02:48:51 PM

dnotespool.com

I will make sure he knows. Thanks Badamba!

They are working on a few updates. Should be resolved shortly.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:01:17 PM

Here is another sad reminder that our industry is constantly damaged by bad actors involving cryptocurrency exchanges and ICOs.  It is ever more important for DNotes  to stay on course in building a trusted brand and continue to do what is right. We are here for the long-term and I am totally committed to ensure that DNotes will remain as the digital currency with a purpose to the benefits of everyone worldwide.  Meanwhile, please invest with caution.

Former Bitcoin Exchange Cryptsy CEO Ordered to Pay $8.2 Mln in Class-Action Lawsuit

US District Judge Kenneth Marra has ordered Paul Vernon, the former CEO of the bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange Cryptsy, to pay $8.2 mln in damages to their customers.
In his July 27, 2017, default court order, Marra ruled that Vernon is guilty in the long-running class action case filed against him and the exchange.

Part of Marra’s order reads:

"The Court further declares that the 11,325.0961 [Bitcoin] which were stolen from Cryptsy customers on July 29, 2014, and which, as of the date of this final judgment ... are property of the Plaintiff Class and subject to and encompassed within this Final Judgment."
In his comment on the order, Attorney David Silver, a representative of one of the two law offices involved in the lawsuit, stated that those who represented the claimants in the case were elated to have obtained a historic success.

"This order is a big step in the path towards vindication and justice for our clients in the cryptocurrency world who were taken advantage of by an exchange operator they trusted with their hard-earned funds."

Read more: https://cointelegraph.com/news/former-bitcoin-exchange-cryptsy-ceo-ordered-to-pay-82-mln-in-class-action-lawsuit
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:22:45 PM

Good call on the DNotes @Cryptomickey, and thank you for all the other DNotes tweets!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:07:14 PM

Russia’s NSD Plans Creation of Platform for Cryptocurrency Assets

https://dcebrief.com/russias-nsd-plans-creation-of-platform-for-cryptocurrency-assets/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:37:46 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 09:59:39 PM by Dyna

Good call on the DNotes @Cryptomickey, and thank you for all the other DNotes tweets!  Smiley

Thank you, Chase and CryptoFacto. I like that too. Digital currency is here to stay. It is the future of money but many issues and challenges must be overcome before mass acceptance of digital currency can take place.

It must be accessible for everyone worldwide to participate, including the ladies of the world. It must meet the full functions of money with meaningful intrinsic value and a trusted brand. The people behind it must be credible and committed to the mission and purpose of the currency, and not exploit it as a get rich quick opportunity/scheme. Check us out at: http://dnotescoin.com/

This is the greatest technology revolution since the internet with massive opportunities for job and wealth creation. Please join us to help educate many who might otherwise be left behind. Thanks.  
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

It's pleasing to see more people following DNotes chart and making public predictions based on the price. No doubt being listed on poloniex is great for us in this regard.

Currently the world is still very focused on price - and in this case the prolonged accumulation phase that often leads to a break out, a symptom of traders gaming for profits. More importantly, in the not too distant future the investment grade participants will come along, and they will appraise projects by their underlying value, and not just what a few 'smaller whales' consider the next opportunity to make a buck.

DNotes 2.0 is edging closer with September not too far away, and these investors will no doubt be paying attention to the coin that also has a surrounding business ecosystem that works to build intrinsic value.

Badamba

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:39:19 AM

When's the new wallet going to be?
This is now four years.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 03:48:41 AM

This is now four years.

Hi Badamba, we are shooting for September 2017 for the release of DNotes 2.0. Below is a quote from Alan to help shed some light on our position.

Welcome to DNotes, Zecon. You are correct, there has not been any technology upgrades of significance since DNotes was launched on February 18, 2014. If we can claim any credit, it is that DNotes has practically no technical support issues in our history. A few very minor issues were immediately attended to and resolved. Yes, by choice we have been focusing our resources in building an ecosystem that we believe is imperative in gaining mass acceptance of DNotes in global commerce one day.

We strongly believe that right timing is one of the major contributors to business success:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c&feature=youtu.be
Having waited for the right time allowed us to identify critical problems and the opportunity to think through the most effective solutions as the technology evolves. DNotes 2.0 will signal that DNotes is a thought leader firmly committed to be a technology leader in our industry.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 07:25:02 AM

https://dcebrief.com/russias-nsd-plans-creation-of-platform-for-cryptocurrency-assets/
CFTC Approves LedgerX Bid to Offer Bitcoin Options

https://dcebrief.com/cftc-approves-ledgerx-bid-to-offer-bitcoin-options/
With the Moscow Stock Exchange tooling up to service digital currency assets, and Ledger X gaining approval to trade options on cryptocurrency, we're seeing major signs of mainstream financial acceptance. And as these early industries gain market advantage and start to turn a profit, I don't think it will take long for other stock exchanges to want a piece of that pie.

So of course I started thinking about pie. How big is it? How much of a share in it do we have already? I looked at a few studies and found that 35% of Australians, and closer to 50% of people in UK and US own shares. In 2009, the first major study of its kind found that there were over 500 million shareholders in the world. This was only 7.3% of the world population, showing a big difference between investing patterns in the developed western world and the world as a whole.

But investing in cryptocurrency does not have the same barriers, and introduces new ones, compared to investing in shares. A study this year by Dr Garrick Hileman & Michel Rauchs at the University of Cambridge estimated 3 million separate users own bitcoin or ethereum. That's less than 1% of the number of people who hold shares. This is despite the fact that it has been a very profitable market.

From another perspective, the total capitalisation of the share market is around US$65,000 billion compared to cryptocurrency capitalisation standing at US$88 billion. That's a lot less than 1%. So just by looking at the market potential, there's a lot of room for growth as traditional services open doors to speculating in cryptocurrency. The obvious effect will be an increase in demand and price.

Then just to see what that potential might look like, I took the current share market, and moved 5% of it's capitol into purchasing every bitcoin that exists. I divided US$3,250 billion into the 16,479,700 bitcoin now in circulation and found that the price of a single bitcoin would be $197,212 Now I don't know exactly how much of the world stock market is likely to invest in something that is growing from $2,500 towards $200,000 but I don't think 5% is too much of a stretch.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:01:35 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 02:15:28 PM by Dyna

This is now four years.

Hi Badamba, we are shooting for September 2017 for the release of DNotes 2.0. Below is a quote from Alan to help shed some light on our position.

Welcome to DNotes, Zecon. You are correct, there has not been any technology upgrades of significance since DNotes was launched on February 18, 2014. If we can claim any credit, it is that DNotes has practically no technical support issues in our history. A few very minor issues were immediately attended to and resolved. Yes, by choice we have been focusing our resources in building an ecosystem that we believe is imperative in gaining mass acceptance of DNotes in global commerce one day.

We strongly believe that right timing is one of the major contributors to business success:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c&feature=youtu.be
Having waited for the right time allowed us to identify critical problems and the opportunity to think through the most effective solutions as the technology evolves. DNotes 2.0 will signal that DNotes is a thought leader firmly committed to be a technology leader in our industry.

I hope that answers your question, Badamba. Always feel free to let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Great business strategies and executions are like that of snipers' mindsets. They involve great patience, precise targeting, and perfect timing. Snipers are tough to find and hard to beat. It's a different breed. DNotes is uniquely different and quite frankly, - a rare breed. It is, however, more suitable for patience long-term investors.

DCEBrief

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:02:27 PM

Study Suggests 57% of Large Corporations Considering Blockchain

https://dcebrief.com/study-suggests-57-of-large-corporations-considering-blockchain/
steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:23:27 AM

Is the swap scheduled for September?  Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 12:44:23 AM

Is the swap scheduled for September?  Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...

Hi Steve321,

It is scheduled for September. Not to worry. We will make every effort to ensure everyone gets to swap their coins, and provide plenty of time. If you have your coins on the DNotesVault they will automatically be swapped for you with no action being required on the user end.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:57:47 AM

CFTC Approves LedgerX Bid to Offer Bitcoin Options

https://dcebrief.com/cftc-approves-ledgerx-bid-to-offer-bitcoin-options/
With the Moscow Stock Exchange tooling up to service digital currency assets, and Ledger X gaining approval to trade options on cryptocurrency, we're seeing major signs of mainstream financial acceptance. And as these early industries gain market advantage and start to turn a profit, I don't think it will take long for other stock exchanges to want a piece of that pie.

So of course I started thinking about pie. How big is it? How much of a share in it do we have already? I looked at a few studies and found that 35% of Australians, and closer to 50% of people in UK and US own shares. In 2009, the first major study of its kind found that there were over 500 million shareholders in the world. This was only 7.3% of the world population, showing a big difference between investing patterns in the developed western world and the world as a whole.

But investing in cryptocurrency does not have the same barriers, and introduces new ones, compared to investing in shares. A study this year by Dr Garrick Hileman & Michel Rauchs at the University of Cambridge estimated 3 million separate users own bitcoin or ethereum. That's less than 1% of the number of people who hold shares. This is despite the fact that it has been a very profitable market.

From another perspective, the total capitalisation of the share market is around US$65,000 billion compared to cryptocurrency capitalisation standing at US$88 billion. That's a lot less than 1%. So just by looking at the market potential, there's a lot of room for growth as traditional services open doors to speculating in cryptocurrency. The obvious effect will be an increase in demand and price.

Then just to see what that potential might look like, I took the current share market, and moved 5% of it's capitol into purchasing every bitcoin that exists. I divided US$3,250 billion into the 16,479,700 bitcoin now in circulation and found that the price of a single bitcoin would be $197,212 Now I don't know exactly how much of the world stock market is likely to invest in something that is growing from $2,500 towards $200,000 but I don't think 5% is too much of a stretch.

That's interesting to think of how small crypto is even compared to stocks, that while being much less volatile, have FAR lower potential rate of returns.

The appreciation in crypto could potentially be even greater if it took 5% of the stock market capitalisation. Because the faster the orders are placed, the faster the price will move (because sell orders would not come in fast enough to depress the rise). If that money was put into the market slowly, over say a few years, the price change my not be all that much. When the professional investors come along with the serious money, the markets will not have much choice but to move significantly as they race in to get a part of the first legitimate investments that maximise potential rate of return with minimal associated risk. A currency with intrinsic value will no doubt play a key role in facilitating this, of which we believe DNotes to be one of the only offerings to fit that criteria.

TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:03:41 AM

Study Suggests 57% of Large Corporations Considering Blockchain

https://dcebrief.com/study-suggests-57-of-large-corporations-considering-blockchain/

This is a really surprising statistic. I've worked as a consultant to a few large corporations, and I don't see them as the early adopters. In my experience, the larger the organisation, the slower it is to adopt new technology. Even their operating systems are typically 5–10 years behind the current version.

If the article had said that 57% of large corporations are considering migrating their shabbily aggregated Excel sheets into a coordinated online database, I'd have still been surprised. But the idea of them seriously considering implementing blockchain technology is just too much for me to swallow.

And then there's the cost benefit to consider. Blockchain is fantastic at providing an immutable ledger of records when sufficient independent peers exist. But it is not a good solution for high traffic, fast response relational databases. In fact, the requirement for a number of blocks to be calculated before a database record can be considered 'written' makes it practically useless as a replacement for existing multi-user database services.

I had a look at their website:
https://www.juniperresearch.com/researchstore/commerce-fintech/blockchain-enterprise-survey/deployments-benefit-attitudes
 to see what methodology they used to get a random selection of respondents. But it doesn't mention it, and I'd have to buy the report to find out if it was worth buying.

And I am forced to assume that the vast majority of them are considering private block chains, because the public are really unlikely to want to commit the data and cpu load required to support an independent node without enough reward to make it worthwhile. I'm not sure about private blockchains, but it seems to me that 20,000 nodes, all running off the same packaged software, distributed via a company wide intranet, would be one of the easier things to hack, and certainly wouldn't provide the level of customer confidence that a company might be aiming for. And they still have to pay for the power to run all those nodes and replace burnt out computers.

My gut feeling says that if there's any truth in this at all, it's that CEOs want to know they're using the latest technology, so their IT managers throw the latest fad word 'blockchain' around to look current. And I'm an optimist.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:14:24 AM

That's interesting to think of how small crypto is even compared to stocks, that while being much less volatile, have FAR lower potential rate of returns.

The appreciation in crypto could potentially be even greater if it took 5% of the stock market capitalisation. Because the faster the orders are placed, the faster the price will move (because sell orders would not come in fast enough to depress the rise). If that money was put into the market slowly, over say a few years, the price change my not be all that much. When the professional investors come along with the serious money, the markets will not have much choice but to move significantly as they race in to get a part of the first legitimate investments that maximise potential rate of return with minimal associated risk. A currency with intrinsic value will no doubt play a key role in facilitating this, of which we believe DNotes to be one of the only offerings to fit that criteria.

I also think that an influx of professional investors from the share market game will have a significant effect on who the top players are in cryptocurrency. These investors will come in with decades of experience in detecting baseless investments and stocks inflated by marketing hype. They are so much more wary of scams, and diligent at doing their research, than the current crowd that's so willing to throw money into an ICO based on a vague whitepaper alone.

When these investors look for something with a solid background, a history of successfully executing their roadmap on time, and a plan that adds real value to the currency, I think DNotes will stand out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: