Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:06:53 AM

Even now I have trouble sleeping. But that is only because of me. Now I know when I will make a big investment, I will have to wait and see how the market goes. I bought because I researched this coin and I find it a good one. They have a different approach and a good plan. I plan on holding and staking.... I watch the market 24/7 with little time to sleep. I hope on finding time to adjust things so that I can sleep and go outside more.

I should have waited until this post to throw out my Caceres advice above.

Watching markets 24/7...having trouble sleeping....this is no recipe for happy holding. Trust me, I live this reality myself with my own technology startup that I work for and have invested deeply into (far more than I can afford to lose). I spend 24/7 doing exactly what you mention, not sleeping, anxiously stressing, wondering about every market machination....I promise myself that I'll never be in this position again.

And crypto gives me a chance to prove that declaration. Hold. Hold some more. And then hold longer than that. I realize I, and no one else controls how I emotionally feel about those previous 10 words. I can hold and hold, and that understanding of the long term value here means that nobody can tell me how to feel about holding through short term market movements.

I deeply implore you, don't stay up thinking of the market. You might lose your whole investment. Don't kid yourself. If you study the great Bell Labs mathematician John Kelly and his "Kelly Criterion"...the risk of ruin in the crypto space is nontrivial. You can go bust, very easily. Because it's very very hard to make bets in a completely Kelly compatible way.

Literally the only way to combat this is to bet with money you can completely lose, and divorce yourself from market movements in the short term. Because it's almost impossible to make bets with 0 risk of ruin, which is what being Kelly compatible means.

I have not bet this way with my technology startup, and it eats me alive inside. I wont ever make this same emotional mistake again, and that has started with crypto investing.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:08:51 AM

Thanks MiningHabit - I also made a 14 second, 8 slide version for Youtube advertising.

Because of course you did. Why would I have thought you weren't already 10 steps ahead? If you need, I've got some good contacts in the space who can help optimize here too.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:04:14 AM

Thanks MiningHabit - I also made a 14 second, 8 slide version for Youtube advertising.

Because of course you did. Why would I have thought you weren't already 10 steps ahead? If you need, I've got some good contacts in the space who can help optimize here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2dWJNVi_rw

TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

Appreciate it TimMarsh, I think one of the problems and Alan has mentioned it earlier... How do we quickly and clearly get our message across to a potential investor without taking up a lot of their time, this has always been the challenge. There are hundreds of cryptocurrencies out there to dig through and determine which ones are worth investing in, DNotes takes some time to research and truly understand the full scope of what we are trying to accomplish.

Maybe you can share with us your experience, what did it take to begin to understand the full scope of the DNotes project. How can we better clarify that message in such a way that will allow a reader or viewer to 'get it', and realize we are not a centralized currency, but a decentralized currency with the central entity that can only assist the decentralized currency.

Storytelling. We are so similar to many other species, like the Neanderthals. But they hunted alone. We learned gather ourselves through reason to figure out how to group hunt in such a way that we could funnel meat into a gorge and slaughter them all in one go and have meat for a year. We learned to trade with each other, based on trust. Our species grew dominant by the power of stories.

Maybe it's esoteric and not super tactical, but we are not rational beings. The ability to bind ourselves via stories, informed by reason but also intuition...that is what gets people into the fold.

TeeGee's videos are absurdly good as a starting point. But, tactically, they need to be in front of more eyeballs. It's not all that expensive to promote videos on YouTube, generating tens of thousands of views within a target audience. It's maybe even easier on Facebook.

Basically, to take it from the existential to the practical...I think sophisticated digital marketing nous has a part to play here.

TeeGee, I definitely agree with MiningHabit here. Story telling is an excellent way of communicating because it works so very well with how we think, remember, and associate information. At some level, even information that is not acquired in the form of a story demands we reform it into some story-like shape for us to remember it. So this is true of all communication.

But it is especially true of things that are not tangible. Dnotes are not tangible, and while their link to DNotes Global Inc is documented, that link is not tangible either. Stories have the ability to add meaning. So I can tell someone about the link, and how it establishes a floor price, and they will know it, but not really understand it. They might say, "I hear you, but I don't really know what that means."

But if I were to create a character named Sally, explain how she bought $100 worth of DNotes, and another $100 worth of PumpDumpCoin. Then after a huge spend by the creators of PumpDumpCoin on marketing their value started climbing steeply, Sally went to trade her DNotes for PumpDumpCoin. But just at the last moment, and luckily before she shifted her position, PumpDumpCoin had some whales sell out, and the value dropped to almost nothing. Then news came out that the whales were the initial creators, and they've shut down all their online assets, her whole $100 was worth less than a cent.

She was suddenly afraid for her DNotes investment. Then her friend said to her, "Hell, if your DNotes ever goes for that little, don't throw out your USB with your wallet on it, I'll buy it off you.

Sally was really surprised. "Why would you do that? Worthless is worthless."

But her friend replies, "Sure, if nobody wants it, it's worthless, but who wouldn't want at least some stake in a company that owns a successful cryptocurrency news site, a popular and inclusive forum, and some solid infrastructure? That's always going to be worth something."

Sally was happy again, and decided to hang onto her DNotes investment and see what was in it in the long term, confident that it would always be worth something.

And after a story like that, the listener will not only know that the connection exists, but they will feel like they understand why it sets a floor value for DNotes. And stories do another thing for us. They enable us to encapsulate a concept into a metaphor. After hearing the story, you could then name it, "The Sally Principle" and then talk about how that idea relates to other ideas by referring to it. "Maybe DNotes is less volatile and doesn't dive so quickly due to the Sally Principle."

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 01:48:57 PM by Brandon Cheliak

Appreciate it TimMarsh, I think one of the problems and Alan has mentioned it earlier... How do we quickly and clearly get our message across to a potential investor without taking up a lot of their time, this has always been the challenge. There are hundreds of cryptocurrencies out there to dig through and determine which ones are worth investing in, DNotes takes some time to research and truly understand the full scope of what we are trying to accomplish.

Maybe you can share with us your experience, what did it take to begin to understand the full scope of the DNotes project. How can we better clarify that message in such a way that will allow a reader or viewer to 'get it', and realize we are not a centralized currency, but a decentralized currency with the central entity that can only assist the decentralized currency.

Storytelling. We are so similar to many other species, like the Neanderthals. But they hunted alone. We learned gather ourselves through reason to figure out how to group hunt in such a way that we could funnel meat into a gorge and slaughter them all in one go and have meat for a year. We learned to trade with each other, based on trust. Our species grew dominant by the power of stories.

Maybe it's esoteric and not super tactical, but we are not rational beings. The ability to bind ourselves via stories, informed by reason but also intuition...that is what gets people into the fold.

TeeGee's videos are absurdly good as a starting point. But, tactically, they need to be in front of more eyeballs. It's not all that expensive to promote videos on YouTube, generating tens of thousands of views within a target audience. It's maybe even easier on Facebook.

Basically, to take it from the existential to the practical...I think sophisticated digital marketing nous has a part to play here.

TeeGee, I definitely agree with MiningHabit here. Story telling is an excellent way of communicating because it works so very well with how we think, remember, and associate information. At some level, even information that is not acquired in the form of a story demands we reform it into some story-like shape for us to remember it. So this is true of all communication.

But it is especially true of things that are not tangible. Dnotes are not tangible, and while their link to DNotes Global Inc is documented, that link is not tangible either. Stories have the ability to add meaning. So I can tell someone about the link, and how it establishes a floor price, and they will know it, but not really understand it. They might say, "I hear you, but I don't really know what that means."

But if I were to create a character named Sally, explain how she bought $100 worth of DNotes, and another $100 worth of PumpDumpCoin. Then after a huge spend by the creators of PumpDumpCoin on marketing their value started climbing steeply, Sally went to trade her DNotes for PumpDumpCoin. But just at the last moment, and luckily before she shifted her position, PumpDumpCoin had some whales sell out, and the value dropped to almost nothing. Then news came out that the whales were the initial creators, and they've shut down all their online assets, her whole $100 was worth less than a cent.

She was suddenly afraid for her DNotes investment. Then her friend said to her, "Hell, if your DNotes ever goes for that little, don't throw out your USB with your wallet on it, I'll buy it off you.

Sally was really surprised. "Why would you do that? Worthless is worthless."

But her friend replies, "Sure, if nobody wants it, it's worthless, but who wouldn't want at least some stake in a company that owns a successful cryptocurrency news site, a popular and inclusive forum, and some solid infrastructure? That's always going to be worth something."

Sally was happy again, and decided to hang onto her DNotes investment and see what was in it in the long term, confident that it would always be worth something.

And after a story like that, the listener will not only know that the connection exists, but they will feel like they understand why it sets a floor value for DNotes. And stories do another thing for us. They enable us to encapsulate a concept into a metaphor. After hearing the story, you could then name it, "The Sally Principle" and then talk about how that idea relates to other ideas by referring to it. "Maybe DNotes is less volatile and doesn't dive so quickly due to the Sally Principle."

I'm glad you pointed that out Tim, because the same scenario has happened with a couple people I gave some DNotes to. They felt that the "hot tip" they got from someone on Bitcointalk about relatively insignificant news, was a better investment than the countless hours we put into DNotes. Something can be said about perception of value when you give things away, because from my experience people usually have the same standard reaction of "nobody gives free shit away without a motive". Well needless to say, that free stake is still gaining value, while the worthless shitcoin is worth about 1/1000th of their initial investment. If someone bought $100 worth of DNotes in March 2014, those DNotes would be worth approximately $25,000 today.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:57:39 AM

Good luck at the Open House tomorrow!   Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:42:41 AM

Thank you, Chase. We have been working hard in preparation for Smokeys Gardens’ open house. We are expecting a big turn-out. DNotes will have its own display tent and we are giving away DNotes to anyone who register with an email address. Thanks to DNotesVault – it is that simple. DNotesVault's capabilities continue to amaze.

I trust that one day soon investors will realize that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. It comes with the backing of a for-profit company, a well written business book with a chapter about the DNotes’ Story, and a developed complex ecosystem. We are built to survive the anticipated test of time. I have been down that route before. At one time, there were thousands of “PC manufacturers” and hot dot com companies “claiming” to be doing great things. At DNotes, we are actually doing great things.
TeeGee

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:03:28 AM

Thank you, Chase. We have been working hard in preparation for Smokeys Gardens’ open house. We are expecting a big turn-out. DNotes will have its own display tent and we are giving away DNotes to anyone who register with an email address. Thanks to DNotesVault – it is that simple. DNotesVault's capabilities continue to amaze.

I trust that one day soon investors will realize that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. It comes with the backing of a for-profit company, a well written business book with a chapter about the DNotes’ Story, and a developed complex ecosystem. We are built to survive the anticipated test of time. I have been down that route before. At one time, there were thousands of “PC manufacturers” and hot dot com companies “claiming” to be doing great things. At DNotes, we are actually doing great things.

Exactly Alan.

We have the best plan for how to get there, and that route just happens to be quite different than the flagrant wastefulness of so many others in our industry. This phase of the industry is about riding through the ups and downs of uncontrollable external forces, and the impending changes to that status quo is a move into the ability to channel those forces to your advantage as development nears release. From that time, the game is all on, and the best time-tested winning business strategies will compete against the easily-replicated focus on technological innovation followed by nigh all overs. It won't be more than a couple years and others will be trying to write out story for us.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:42:01 PM

Even now I have trouble sleeping. But that is only because of me. Now I know when I will make a big investment, I will have to wait and see how the market goes. I bought because I researched this coin and I find it a good one. They have a different approach and a good plan. I plan on holding and staking.... I watch the market 24/7 with little time to sleep. I hope on finding time to adjust things so that I can sleep and go outside more.

Watching markets 24/7...having trouble sleeping....this is no recipe for happy holding. Trust me, I live this reality myself with my own technology startup that I work for and have invested deeply into (far more than I can afford to lose). I spend 24/7 doing exactly what you mention, not sleeping, anxiously stressing, wondering about every market machination....I promise myself that I'll never be in this position again.

And crypto gives me a chance to prove that declaration. Hold. Hold some more. And then hold longer than that. I realize I, and no one else controls how I emotionally feel about those previous 10 words. I can hold and hold, and that understanding of the long term value here means that nobody can tell me how to feel about holding through short term market movements.

I deeply implore you, don't stay up thinking of the market. You might lose your whole investment. Don't kid yourself. If you study the great Bell Labs mathematician John Kelly and his "Kelly Criterion"...the risk of ruin in the crypto space is nontrivial. You can go bust, very easily. Because it's very very hard to make bets in a completely Kelly compatible way.

Literally the only way to combat this is to bet with money you can completely lose, and divorce yourself from market movements in the short term. Because it's almost impossible to make bets with 0 risk of ruin, which is what being Kelly compatible means.

I have not bet this way with my technology startup, and it eats me alive inside. I wont ever make this same emotional mistake again, and that has started with crypto investing.

Basically, I agree with you about only betting money you can't afford to loose but, on the other hand, if that were the only accepted formula, this industry and all that goes along with it, would not exist. Sometimes, we need to follow up on that "wild ass guess" or hunch that has been eating at us wither we can afford it or not. Many of histories greats could not afford to loose what they invested but, they ultimately prevailed. Each individual has to access their exposure and ability to absorb a lose before turning the cards over. Many have weighed loosing their money against loosing their mind. Sometimes, it's worth placing the bet just to keep your sanity, win or loose. Don't take this as advise by any means but, risk creates wealth not safe harbor.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:51:13 PM

IRS Lawyer: Agency Might Limit Demands for Coinbase User Info

https://dcebrief.com/irs-might-limit-demands-for-coinbase-user-info/
alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:26:59 AM

Basically, I agree with you about only betting money you can't afford to loose but, on the other hand, if that were the only accepted formula, this industry and all that goes along with it, would not exist. Sometimes, we need to follow up on that "wild ass guess" or hunch that has been eating at us wither we can afford it or not. Many of histories greats could not afford to loose what they invested but, they ultimately prevailed. Each individual has to access their exposure and ability to absorb a lose before turning the cards over. Many have weighed loosing their money against loosing their mind. Sometimes, it's worth placing the bet just to keep your sanity, win or loose. Don't take this as advise by any means but, risk creates wealth not safe harbor.

Thank you guys, great answers. And yes, risk creates wealth, so I am willing to all in in crypto. We don't know what can happen from here, just like we didn't know what internet was no so long ago. In my opinion, this is a revolution far greater than we can imagine. A revolution that is happening faster and faster. Somewhere, hopefully in the near future, we will look back and say "I am happy to be a part of this".
ermaxinc

Activity: 369
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:49:53 AM

When release POS Huh
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:23:58 PM

Thank you guys, great answers. And yes, risk creates wealth, so I am willing to all in in crypto. We don't know what can happen from here, just like we didn't know what internet was no so long ago. In my opinion, this is a revolution far greater than we can imagine. A revolution that is happening faster and faster. Somewhere, hopefully in the near future, we will look back and say "I am happy to be a part of this".

Thank you, alfaalfa. I am delighted that you are seeing that opportunities are not without risk. There is always the risk of not succeeding as a result of uncontrollable factors, inherent to our industry; and there are many, including the fact that a decentralized organization such as a digital currency is leaderless.

DNotes' business model is uniquely different. DNotes as a digital currency, by itself is leaderless, just like any other digital currency. The issuance and the governance of the currency is decentralized. The value of the currency is entirely left alone at the mercy or benefit of free market forces. As we all know, price wise, there are good days, as well as bad days totally beyond our control.

We recognized the faults or pitfall of such a structure. Apparently, most people still don't get it. DNotes Global, Inc. a for profit company, incorporated in the state of Delaware, USA will make a huge difference and go a lone way in the success of DNotes. It's mission is to protect and promote the best interest of DNotes and our stakeholders with the best leadership along with the best use of resources at our disposal. And our stakeholders own 25% of this company as a gift from our generous founding investors. Additionally, I spent a whole year writing a great business book, invested a significant amount money, and granted 100% royalty free rights to DNotes Global. Unfortunately, most people are inherently dismissive. Perhaps a year or two from now, some would wonder and ask, "It was so obvious, how could I have missed the opportunity to invest in DNotes?"

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:24:43 PM

When release POS Huh

September, 2017.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:37:24 PM

We had a great turn out at the open house, estimated 300 people showed up. There was a DNotes / Four Pillars booth, which Brandon presented flyers, books, and DNotes videos. Below is the video Alan created as a presentation for the open house. Pictures and more info to follow.

Smokey's Gardens 2017 Open House Presentation

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 05:46:38 PM

A few of the DNotes Team

As well as some pictures from the open house:

A very short clip of Dave, in the excavator, who happen to be working to get paid in DNotes at the time Smiley : https://youtu.be/ptDYo4Cya84

Will have a few video clips ready tomorrow.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:09:03 PM

"A very short clip of Dave, in the excavator, who happen to be working to get paid in DNotes at the time Smiley : https://youtu.be/ptDYo4Cya84"

Everyone should get paid in DNotes!  Wink

The pictures are great and the daylilies are absolutely beautiful - Congratulations on a successful open house!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:16:44 AM

Brief(ish) development update

The open house went really well. It was great to take a day off from DNotes work... which for us is still about 2-3 hours of DNotes related discussions, and multiple DNotes related meetings (we can’t help ourselves). We had 6 members of our core team in one place for the first time, 3 from ~Michigan area, one from Canada, one from NZ, and another in the process of moving from Florida to Michigan. Those conversations yielded a lot in terms of updates from the programming team regarding our development progress for DNotes 2.0.

The back end of the blockchain and wallet is mostly complete for core functionality. Currently workflow is on the wallet front end, which the UX (User eXperience) design has already been finalized, with transcribing to visual C# to be completed. We will begin testing in the next few weeks and hire penetration testers to aid us in the verification process.  

Another highlight was an expert opinion regarding our updates going forward. We are now very confident that we will be comparatively well ahead of the curve by the end of 2018 (we always estimate conservatively). As everybody who has followed us closely will know, our philosophy is to never enter a race that we can not at a minimum be as good as the best competition, and then make strives beyond that to be the best in class. We also have never publicly made statements regarding our progress until we are confident we can meet all of the expectations and commitments we have set, which is rare in an industry rampant with over-promising, and hype and price levels built around platforms that are released with very limited functionality, but advertised as though the final product is ready for use.

The first update for DNotes 2.0 will contain significant upgrades on our current platform with many changes to the Stratis code base. We appreciate the contributions of the Stratis platform team - who we credit as having done some excellent work in the open source space. Because of the work completed, our development schedule will quickly add further modular updates from that starting point. We will also be doing some work to streamline the existing C# code base. Individual contributions can lead to a complex pyramid of code segments that can be better streamlined into one cohesive code structure, allowing for optimal code management and performance. We trust that our industry will benefit from our significant contributions to the C# code base in the near future.

Core updates:

Proof of Stake
Will move power of the network away from miners, and into the hands of currency users / holders who share the network's best interests. Effectively pays out an interest (~2%) for running a node on the network. Paying out the block reward to holders creates a benefit to holding the currency by means of earning 'interest' from the currency, which combined with a reduced block reward (more than half) will likely mean many fewer DNotes on the sell side at exchanges, and what is there will likely dry up over time.

Non-Staking savings accounts / CRISP 2.0
All deposits held at our secure DNotesVault will earn a further ~2% on all deposits held for 30 days or more, which encourages savings - the foundation of any healthy economy. Both the staking reward, and the CRISP reward can be earned at the same time for a total of ~4%.

Cold Staking
Users can defer privileges to stake coins from one wallet to another. So a wallet with no coins in it can be awarded the privileges to stake on behalf of an offline wallet containing many coins. This means coins are never exposed to security risks connected to the internet, and can still earn the stake reward. DNotesVault accounts will be cold-staking capable to allow DNotes holders to both run a node to earn the staking reward, and earn the CRISP savings reward - all the while having their coins held securely in cold storage.

Automated Invoicing
The current market solution to invoicing is to generate unique crypto addresses for each new user or invoice, meaning incoming payments aren't sent to a single receive address. Our solution bypasses this limitation and will allow users to utilize invoices directly without any additional burden to the consumer, allowing for full integration into existing payment gateways and financial systems.

Several third parties have popped up in the finance invoicing space using blockchain and smart contracts for both the modern world, and cryptocurrency, and the one claiming to be the 'first' are still 35 days out from their ICO. These operators do not specify if they are just applying smart contracts to the current 'solution' to invoice generation (generating new payment addresses for each invoice), and if they are not, their solution requires tokens to facilitate the process that will probably never be used as a primary payment medium. Customers must also pay to use the invoice service with said tokens. We could be the first to create a solution to invoicing that allows using the same payment address for every invoice, and most probably the first cryptocurrency to build it into its core operation layer as a feature that doesn't require third parties, doesn’t require a hosted active node, nor payment for its use. That said, third parties will likely find our solution useful to offer additional surplus services - open source contributions are useful in this respect.

C#
We are fully committed to having our platform codebase written 100% in C# - the most popular programming language used in the business world, to make it very easy for them to make the most of our turnkey blockchain deployment features.

Turnkey Blockchain Solutions
Will be activated after we first test the platform ourselves and then first demonstrate its commercial usefulness with the release of a second currency / token - which is looking increasingly likely to be done as a first DNotes seed round, before later efforts for VC. We operate to our own timeline regarding this in the best interests of the network, and we will scale rapidly at the most opportune time. The regulatory framework in the US will play a role in this decision as one of our main plans with turnkey solutions is to aid businesses in deploying blockchains for whatever purpose, and to assist them in crowdfunding and management of their business. The rules surrounding this raise critical compliance issues that will require expert legal and accounting advice. The system will route profits back into the DNotes platform itself, and further back the currency's value.

Equity backing  
The DNotes 2.0 release is our core focus at the moment, but work on several properties is underway. Some are in planning, and some are in development. DNotesVault is in the process of being upgraded, with a new logo designed and landing page mostly complete. DCEBrief is to expand in scope and/or another new property will be created to work alongside/incorporate DCEBrief.com with the intent of providing immense value to crypto-related issues via subscription and one time payments. Our goal is to be making fairly sizable profits in the traditional and crypto realms within a few years to back DNotes with, and to establish a floor price with. A basic model would be: Price = Current Value + Claimed Profits & Equity - of which the price would never rationally trade at, or lower than the value of claimed profit and equity (because everybody would rationally buy something they could make instant money on). As a thought exercise: a crazy person offers you as many real ten dollar USD bills as you like at five dollars each. You would likely purchase as many as you could, and of course, it is unlikely anybody would ever offer to make such an exchange. DNotes 2.0 will have a floor price built into it with backed equity - another industry first.

Decentralized exchange
The implementation of the second currency will likely require our completed decentralized exchange functional at release. The decentralized exchange will allow transfer of digital assets on the DNotes blockchain.

Decentralized governance
Moving to proof of stake makes it much better for putting power of the network into the hands of DNotes users, and not miners. It is important for us that decisions on critical upgrades be implemented by the choosing of the users of the network by reaching a consensus by DNotes stakeholders.

Timeline
At this point we are still looking at a September release. Our goal is to get DNotes 2.0 released as soon as possible, but to provide the highest quality product when we do. We hope to enter testing of the new wallet within the next few weeks. Most of the features above will be included in the initial launch of 2.0, with the timing of: decentralized governance & exchange / and turnkey solutions (pending second currency for testing) likely to be included for a module released later once we are satisfied they have gone through sufficient testing, and our duty to get the best regulatory advice, and to then align ourselves with that advice completed.

alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

The open house went really well. It was great to take a day off from DNotes work... which for us is still about 2-3 hours of DNotes related discussions, and multiple DNotes related meetings (we can’t help ourselves). We had 6 members of our core team in one place for the first time, 3 from ~Michigan area, one from Canada, one from NZ, and another in the process of moving from Florida to Michigan. Those conversations yielded a lot in terms of updates from the programming team regarding our development progress for DNotes 2.0.

The back end of the blockchain and wallet is mostly complete for core functionality. Currently workflow is on the wallet front end, which the UX (User eXperience) design has already been finalized, with transcribing to visual C# to be completed. We will begin testing in the next few weeks and hire penetration testers to aid us in the verification process.  

Another highlight was an expert opinion regarding our updates going forward. We are now very confident that we will be comparatively well ahead of the curve by the end of 2018 (we always estimate conservatively). As everybody who has followed us closely will know, our philosophy is to never enter a race that we can not at a minimum be as good as the best competition, and then make strives beyond that to be the best in class. We also have never publicly made statements regarding our progress until we are confident we can meet all of the expectations and commitments we have set, which is rare in an industry rampant with over-promising, and hype and price levels built around platforms that are released with very limited functionality, but advertised as though the final product is ready for use.

The first update for DNotes 2.0 will contain significant upgrades on our current platform with many changes to the Stratis code base. We appreciate the contributions of the Stratis platform team - who we credit as having done some excellent work in the open source space. Because of the work completed, our development schedule will quickly add further modular updates from that starting point. We will also be doing some work to streamline the existing C# code base. Individual contributions can lead to a complex pyramid of code segments that can be better streamlined into one cohesive code structure, allowing for optimal code management and performance. We trust that our industry will benefit from our significant contributions to the C# code base in the near future.

Core updates:

Proof of Stake
Will move power of the network away from miners, and into the hands of currency users / holders who share the network's best interests. Effectively pays out an interest (~2%) for running a node on the network. Paying out the block reward to holders creates a benefit to holding the currency by means of earning 'interest' from the currency, which combined with a reduced block reward (more than half) will likely mean many fewer DNotes on the sell side at exchanges, and what is there will likely dry up over time.

Non-Staking savings accounts / CRISP 2.0
All deposits held at our secure DNotesVault will earn a further ~2% on all deposits held for 30 days or more, which encourages savings - the foundation of any healthy economy. Both the staking reward, and the CRISP reward can be earned at the same time for a total of ~4%.

Cold Staking
Users can defer privileges to stake coins from one wallet to another. So a wallet with no coins in it can be awarded the privileges to stake on behalf of an offline wallet containing many coins. This means coins are never exposed to security risks connected to the internet, and can still earn the stake reward. DNotesVault accounts will be cold-staking capable to allow DNotes holders to both run a node to earn the staking reward, and earn the CRISP savings reward - all the while having their coins held securely in cold storage.

Automated Invoicing
The current market solution to invoicing is to generate unique crypto addresses for each new user or invoice, meaning incoming payments aren't sent to a single receive address. Our solution bypasses this limitation and will allow users to utilize invoices directly without any additional burden to the consumer, allowing for full integration into existing payment gateways and financial systems.

Several third parties have popped up in the finance invoicing space using blockchain and smart contracts for both the modern world, and cryptocurrency, and the one claiming to be the 'first' are still 35 days out from their ICO. These operators do not specify if they are just applying smart contracts to the current 'solution' to invoice generation (generating new payment addresses for each invoice), and if they are not, their solution requires tokens to facilitate the process that will probably never be used as a primary payment medium. Customers must also pay to use the invoice service with said tokens. We could be the first to create a solution to invoicing that allows using the same payment address for every invoice, and most probably the first cryptocurrency to build it into its core operation layer as a feature that doesn't require third parties, doesn’t require a hosted active node, nor payment for its use. That said, third parties will likely find our solution useful to offer additional surplus services - open source contributions are useful in this respect.

C#
We are fully committed to having our platform codebase written 100% in C# - the most popular programming language used in the business world, to make it very easy for them to make the most of our turnkey blockchain deployment features.

Turnkey Blockchain Solutions
Will be activated after we first test the platform ourselves and then first demonstrate its commercial usefulness with the release of a second currency / token - which is looking increasingly likely to be done as a first DNotes seed round, before later efforts for VC. We operate to our own timeline regarding this in the best interests of the network, and we will scale rapidly at the most opportune time. The regulatory framework in the US will play a role in this decision as one of our main plans with turnkey solutions is to aid businesses in deploying blockchains for whatever purpose, and to assist them in crowdfunding and management of their business. The rules surrounding this raise critical compliance issues that will require expert legal and accounting advice. The system will route profits back into the DNotes platform itself, and further back the currency's value.

Equity backing  
The DNotes 2.0 release is our core focus at the moment, but work on several properties is underway. Some are in planning, and some are in development. DNotesVault is in the process of being upgraded, with a new logo designed and landing page mostly complete. DCEBrief is to expand in scope and/or another new property will be created to work alongside/incorporate DCEBrief.com with the intent of providing immense value to crypto-related issues via subscription and one time payments. Our goal is to be making fairly sizable profits in the traditional and crypto realms within a few years to back DNotes with, and to establish a floor price with. A basic model would be: Price = Current Value + Claimed Profits & Equity - of which the price would never rationally trade at, or lower than the value of claimed profit and equity (because everybody would rationally buy something they could make instant money on). As a thought exercise: a crazy person offers you as many real ten dollar USD bills as you like at five dollars each. You would likely purchase as many as you could, and of course, it is unlikely anybody would ever offer to make such an exchange. DNotes 2.0 will have a floor price built into it with backed equity - another industry first.

Decentralized exchange
The implementation of the second currency will likely require our completed decentralized exchange functional at release. The decentralized exchange will allow transfer of digital assets on the DNotes blockchain.

Decentralized governance
Moving to proof of stake makes it much better for putting power of the network into the hands of DNotes users, and not miners. It is important for us that decisions on critical upgrades be implemented by the choosing of the users of the network by reaching a consensus by DNotes stakeholders.

Timeline
At this point we are still looking at a September release. Our goal is to get DNotes 2.0 released as soon as possible, but to provide the highest quality product when we do. We hope to enter testing of the new wallet within the next few weeks. Most of the features above will be included in the initial launch of 2.0, with the timing of: decentralized governance & exchange / and turnkey solutions (pending second currency for testing) likely to be included for a module released later once we are satisfied they have gone through sufficient testing, and our duty to get the best regulatory advice, and to then align ourselves with that advice completed.

Great info Tim. Automated Invoicing is a key factor here, with further recognition in the future, as day by day traders don't care about that.

I also watch Stratis closely and they are way ahead of its competition. Stratis Breeze Node is their key advantage, along with other newly developed features. Privacy transactions are a MUST for a coin to succeed in crypto space.From what I'm seeing, DNotes is following Stratis path along with some unique features as you mentioned above. From my point of view, DNotes has a great potential here, most depending on your core development team skills. From a simple investor view, I would buy DNotes over Stratis for one simple reason: higher PoS reward.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 08:56:12 AM

[...]
Automated Invoicing
[...]
Great info Tim. Automated Invoicing is a key factor here, with further recognition in the future, as day by day traders don't care about that.

I also watch Stratis closely and they are way ahead of its competition. Stratis Breeze Node is their key advantage, along with other newly developed features. Privacy transactions are a MUST for a coin to succeed in crypto space.From what I'm seeing, DNotes is following Stratis path along with some unique features as you mentioned above. From my point of view, DNotes has a great potential here, most depending on your core development team skills. From a simple investor view, I would buy DNotes over Stratis for one simple reason: higher PoS reward.

This all looks like everything is on track and very much heading in the right direction. I had some idea about most if it, but the Automated Invoicing both interested and confused me.

I think I understand about providing a single unique address for receiving payments. But I don't understand how the current market solution to generate unique addresses to accept payments is anything other than a choice. I don't know how or why it would be enforced by a cryptocurrency.

My guess is my knowledge gap here is then what leads me into not understanding the 'automated' part of the invoicing process.  Huh

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: