Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:36:20 PM

I suppose that Note will biggest winner in this year if we have no any delays again....
Queen_Amber

Activity: 214
Merit: 11

Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:04:02 PM

I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

Welcome to the DNotes forum Queen_Amber! We appreciate your interest in DNotes. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have or any comments and suggestions.

thank you Smiley its glad to see a legit project with active devs.. plz keep up the good work!  i have one question, if i leave my coins in the wallet does it automatically mine coins for me?? and do you have a telegram channel, thnx
I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

Welcome to DNotes, Queen_Amber and thank you for your confidence in DNotes. Assuming that you are a long term investor, I trust that you made a wise investment. We are very committed to do the right things for the long-term benefit of all of our stakeholders.

yes im a long term investor Smiley im gonna hold for at least a year your website looks very professional and i like your vision so im gonna ride out with yall Smiley

ツ Message me on Telegram @Flour ツ
 Or message me on Kik @ Treat
 ☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:15:43 AM

Welcome to the DNotes forum Queen_Amber! We appreciate your interest in DNotes. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have or any comments and suggestions.

thank you Smiley its glad to see a legit project with active devs.. plz keep up the good work!  i have one question, if i leave my coins in the wallet does it automatically mine coins for me?? and do you have a telegram channel, thnx

Welcome to DNotes, Queen_Amber and thank you for your confidence in DNotes. Assuming that you are a long term investor, I trust that you made a wise investment. We are very committed to do the right things for the long-term benefit of all of our stakeholders.

yes im a long term investor Smiley im gonna hold for at least a year your website looks very professional and i like your vision so im gonna ride out with yall Smiley

Hello Queen_amber, thanks for your questions.

After we launch DNotes 2.0, which is expected to be quite soon, you will automatically earn interest from having your DNotes in the DNotes Vault. If you want to earn additional rewards for staking, you will need to run a copy of the wallet on your computer also. You then get maximum security, and ~8% annualized return on your investment.

We decided against a telegram channel for the time being. My personal view on it is that they can use up significant chunks of developer time answering the same questions on repeat, when they should be working on their project. We welcome people to view our regular forum updates here, and as our team expands we may look into things like having a presence on slack / telegram.

Great to have you with us.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

Hi Queen_Amber, I'm neither an investment adviser, nor an expert, but he's my thoughts anyway... You bought at a great time, with the price currently so very low. I'm 48 years old and grew up in a time when a long-term investment was ten or more years. Investing in something for less than one year was something I'd never heard of. So it says a lot about the cryptocurrency market that you call one year a long-term investment.

I think it is very reasonable to expect the value of DNotes to jump if they deliver a bug-free, easy-to-use, wallet for DNotes2.0. I also believe that they are committed to doing this and capable of achieving it. I understand they intend to do it soon, but coding is not simple and moving it to C#, while it takes more time, is worth the effort and investment. So I'm going to talk about a date that is either one year from now, or a few months after the release of DNotes2.0, which ever happens LAST.

My recommendation would be to decide what a good return on your investment is. Considering this is not a guaranteed investment, and one some market sectors would label high-risk, it should be a high return. Maybe somewhere between making and extra 20–100%. On the one-year date, if you sell enough DNotes to make back that investment, you've made a profit that you can spend. Then the rest of the DNotes you did not need to sell to make your profit can continue to perform as your investment.

I say this because while I think a jump in the near future is likely with DNotes2.0. I think it is also very likely that DNotes will succeed in many of its long-term goals, bringing the value of NOTE much higher still.

For example, let's say $600 bought 15,000 DNotes at $0.04 each. Then in a year, DNotes is worth forty cents each. And say you wanted to double your investment. You could sell 3,000 of your DNotes and get $1,200 back. Then you could leave the remaining 12,000 DNotes to accrue value like an old-school long-term investment for ten years. Maybe by then it will be worth nothing, it is possible. In that case, you still doubled your money. But it is just as likely that DNotes is being used for daily transactions and a single DNote could be worth $4,000. This would give you a portfolio worth $4,800,000. Not bad for a risk-free investment after already doubling your money.

But let's say that DNotes sits around the same price you bought it at and you let it just earn interest over the ten years. As I understand it, there is a monthly reward, and an annual reward, and a staking reward. These compound over different periods, and I'm likely to get the math wrong. I'm also aware that the DNotes team have people that could do that math very easily. But the $600 investment, compounded over ten years, will still earn you plenty of interest. Feel like doing the math TeeGee?

So however you look at it, I can understand you being excited about your investment. I've also found the DNotes community to be both knowledgeable and helpful, not just about DNotes, but anything to do with cryptocurrency. So as well as making an investment, you've joined a community of great people. So I hope to see more of your posts on this forum and enjoying all of the benefits.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
ZurbCash

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

Hi Queen_Amber, I'm neither an investment adviser, nor an expert, but he's my thoughts anyway... You bought at a great time, with the price currently so very low. I'm 48 years old and grew up in a time when a long-term investment was ten or more years. Investing in something for less than one year was something I'd never heard of. So it says a lot about the cryptocurrency market that you call one year a long-term investment.

I think it is very reasonable to expect the value of DNotes to jump if they deliver a bug-free, easy-to-use, wallet for DNotes2.0. I also believe that they are committed to doing this and capable of achieving it. I understand they intend to do it soon, but coding is not simple and moving it to C#, while it takes more time, is worth the effort and investment. So I'm going to talk about a date that is either one year from now, or a few months after the release of DNotes2.0, which ever happens LAST.

My recommendation would be to decide what a good return on your investment is. Considering this is not a guaranteed investment, and one some market sectors would label high-risk, it should be a high return. Maybe somewhere between making and extra 20–100%. On the one-year date, if you sell enough DNotes to make back that investment, you've made a profit that you can spend. Then the rest of the DNotes you did not need to sell to make your profit can continue to perform as your investment.

I say this because while I think a jump in the near future is likely with DNotes2.0. I think it is also very likely that DNotes will succeed in many of its long-term goals, bringing the value of NOTE much higher still.

For example, let's say $600 bought 15,000 DNotes at $0.04 each. Then in a year, DNotes is worth forty cents each. And say you wanted to double your investment. You could sell 3,000 of your DNotes and get $1,200 back. Then you could leave the remaining 12,000 DNotes to accrue value like an old-school long-term investment for ten years. Maybe by then it will be worth nothing, it is possible. In that case, you still doubled your money. But it is just as likely that DNotes is being used for daily transactions and a single DNote could be worth $4,000. This would give you a portfolio worth $4,800,000. Not bad for a risk-free investment after already doubling your money.

But let's say that DNotes sits around the same price you bought it at and you let it just earn interest over the ten years. As I understand it, there is a monthly reward, and an annual reward, and a staking reward. These compound over different periods, and I'm likely to get the math wrong. I'm also aware that the DNotes team have people that could do that math very easily. But the $600 investment, compounded over ten years, will still earn you plenty of interest. Feel like doing the math TeeGee?

So however you look at it, I can understand you being excited about your investment. I've also found the DNotes community to be both knowledgeable and helpful, not just about DNotes, but anything to do with cryptocurrency. So as well as making an investment, you've joined a community of great people. So I hope to see more of your posts on this forum and enjoying all of the benefits.

but is it ok to leave the coin in exchange?
darksidejungle

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:12:32 AM

If you like trusting other entities with your assets, then it is safe. My personal preference is to trust no-one.
ZurbCash

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:51:23 AM

If you like trusting other entities with your assets, then it is safe. My personal preference is to trust no-one.

that make sense. Thanks
darksidejungle

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:07:26 AM

that make sense. Thanks
Paper wallets are you best option if you are planning on holding the coin for a while.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Thank you, Tim. That is a great approach to play it conservatively, based on the "new definition of long-term". My investment long-term commitment is typically five years. I will however add that the crypto-world seems to be moving a lot faster.

I am travelling today with a lot on my schedule. Thank you for all the great support. I will be checking in when I can. Have a great day.

sl-avik

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:08:51 PM

long-term in crypto world and long term in real life it different terms
many projects in five years dead and appear handred new
but Notes now alive and in crucial stage, I think year-two in crypto it very long term
as for me investor need divide your investment in some part for very long, long, short, days trading
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:58:19 PM

long-term in crypto world and long term in real life it different terms
many projects in five years dead and appear handred new
but Notes now alive and in crucial stage, I think year-two in crypto it very long term
as for me investor need divide your investment in some part for very long, long, short, days trading

Great points. I agree. However, DNotes is managed more like a real world business. Our philosophy, vision, commitment, and strategies are focused on the next 5, 10, 20 years. We are truly investing for the future; doing a lot of things others would skip because it takes a significant amount of commitment, time and money. But over the longer term, those are our winning strategies that will significantly differentiate DNotes as the industry leader. Personally, I am very optimistic of DNotes future as one that has amazingly great potential and real world applications.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:54:25 PM

that make sense. Thanks
Paper wallets are you best option if you are planning on holding the coin for a while.

Paper wallets can be a good option. You will want to make sure you there is no way you can lose the paper, and you will likely want more than one backup.

Another risk is if you have any malware logging information on your computer, at the time you create the wallet. Some have suggested using a boot CD or bootable thumb drive so you are running a clean OS, others have suggested using safe mode. Another option is a dedicated offline computer, that never goes online, but that is pretty extreme for most.

One of the easiest ways to make a paper wallet from just about any desktop wallet:
Download the wallet, but don't open it until you've taken your computer offline (unplug the network cable, or turn off wifi).
If you already have run this wallet on this pc previously, you can simply rename the data folder for now,  located in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\[Wallet App Name], in order to create a brand new wallet.
Open the wallet program.
Go to the Receive tab, where your wallet addresses are listed.
Right-click on the address you wish to save, then copy the address to the clipboard.
Click the Help menu and select Debug.
In the Console tab, enter dumpprivkey and paste in the wallet address (dumpprivkey theaddressyourcopied) and press enter.
From here you can print out the private key and address.
Also, once you are done creating your paper wallets, you can delete the wallet file from your computer located in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\[Wallet App Name]\wallet.dat and empty your trash.

There are also online paper wallet generators, which you can use instead of a desktop wallet. These can work in a similar way, but bare in mind you must trust the source of the paper wallet generator, and still use an offline and safe process.

DNotesVault mitigates many of these risks for you as a long term storage option by using a secure offline and managed process. Coupled with an account security and verification process to help protect your account. As well as a separately managed guarantee fund to ensure your funds are safe in the event the DNotesVault is compromised in any unforeseen way.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:03:29 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 01:18:03 AM by Chase

Here is my take on long term investments:

The definition of a short term investment is one you can easily convert to cash within the first year. The 'short term' horizon is often expanded to included anything that can be easily converted within a year or two. This timeframe certainly applies to cryptocurrency, although it is debatable whether or not some of the speculative scheming that goes on, can be called investing at all.

The definition of a long term investment hasn't changed, not even for cryptocurrency. Just because 95% of the currencies are scams or disappear within the first year, it still doesn't change the definition. Long term investments are the ones you want in your retirement fund, that can be left to reliably grow over time. This is what Warren Buffet has to say about his long term strategy:

"Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down in 10 years."

I believe the problem lies is the lack of knowledge of what constitutes value investing (both in and out of cryptocurrency), as well as the lack (to date) of any currency that has proven itself to be trustworthy, have a long term sustainable and scalable plan, and the dedication to carry it out. A team that works together and shares a unified vision is the icing on the cake. I only know of one such cryptocurrency that can pull this off... Wink

The chart below gives you an idea of the potential growth of DNotes 2.0 if you take advantage of the various rewards opportunities. Nothing is guaranteed in cryptocurrency, the markets are volatile, and you should never invest more than what you are comfortable putting into a high-risk investment.

The top half of the chart is the amount of DNotes you will earn based on the reward rates given. The bottom part is the dollar value of your DNotes after 10 years of compounding using different price scenarios.

Note: I used monthly compounding in the calculations for staking rewards - It may be off a bit, but it will be close. The $1,000 potential price for DNotes in the chart is my conservative example for Tim M's $4,000 price.  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:15:22 AM

Kansas Ethics Panel: Bitcoin Campaign Contributions Too Risky

https://dcebrief.com/kansas-ethics-panel-bitcoin-campaign-contributions-too-risky/
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:54:15 AM

The chart below gives you an idea of the potential growth of DNotes 2.0 if you take advantage of the various rewards opportunities. Nothing is guaranteed in cryptocurrency, the markets are volatile, and you should never invest more than what you are comfortable putting into a high-risk investment.

The top half of the chart is the amount of DNotes you will earn based on the reward rates given. The bottom part is the dollar value of your DNotes after 10 years of compounding using different price scenarios.

Note: I used monthly compounding in the calculations for staking rewards - It may be off a bit, but it will be close. The $1,000 potential price for DNotes in the chart is my conservative example for Tim M's $4,000 price.  Grin

Thanks Chase, for doing the math and presenting it so clearly. I really like it how you broke it down into the increasing number of DNotes due to holding onto the investment, and the increase in value of the total amount of DNotes owned with different projections. Very clear. I often hear how Alan and the DNotes team believe it is important to start saving early, but seeing the numbers, and the impact of compound interest makes that so much more clear.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:32:57 AM

https://dcebrief.com/kansas-ethics-panel-bitcoin-campaign-contributions-too-risky/

It is great that an ethics committee in the US wants transparency regarding donations to parties involved in state elections. I do expect that the apparent anonymity of bitcoin to be significantly disrupted in the future, probably by artificial intelligence. And there will be a lot of people feeling very surprised that they were discovered with a high probability of accuracy.

But I also feel like saying no to bitcoin when it comes to deciding what sources of money are allowed for making politicians act against the will of their constituents a bit empty. It is like you've got a bucket of water, leaking out of its many holes, and some authority says no to another small hole. It is an empty gesture when the bucket is so broken already.

In Australia we have fossil fuel lobby industry that donates money to get their favourite party elected. Then this party allocates significant subsidies to the coal mining industry. It is a fantastic investment and pays better than investing in cryptocurrency. For example, in the financial year 15-16, the combined fossil fuel donations to all parties was about AU$1 million. But the resulting government subsidies to the fossil fuel industry exceeded AU$11 billion. So for every dollar donated, they got ten thousand dollars back. Every year.

Why anybody thought it was a good idea to let businesses openly bribe government officials with political donations is beyond me. They say it is so they can advertise during the run up to elections. But advertising persuades, it does not inform. So they are saying they need the money so that they can stop the public making an informed political decision, and manipulate them to vote emotionally instead.

So whether the money comes anonymously in the form of bitcoin, or if it is publicly handed over as cash from the fossil fuel industry, political decisions no longer represent the will of the people. Instead we are governed by corporations tugging on the puppet strings of political donations. Only when a decision has no negative impact on a donor do the people ever get their will enacted.

Further sources are linked from within this webpage:
https://www.marketforces.org.au/politicaldonations/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:05:13 PM

It is great that an ethics committee in the US wants transparency regarding donations to parties involved in state elections. I do expect that the apparent anonymity of bitcoin to be significantly disrupted in the future, probably by artificial intelligence. And there will be a lot of people feeling very surprised that they were discovered with a high probability of accuracy.

But I also feel like saying no to bitcoin when it comes to deciding what sources of money are allowed for making politicians act against the will of their constituents a bit empty. It is like you've got a bucket of water, leaking out of its many holes, and some authority says no to another small hole. It is an empty gesture when the bucket is so broken already.

In Australia we have fossil fuel lobby industry that donates money to get their favourite party elected. Then this party allocates significant subsidies to the coal mining industry. It is a fantastic investment and pays better than investing in cryptocurrency. For example, in the financial year 15-16, the combined fossil fuel donations to all parties was about AU$1 million. But the resulting government subsidies to the fossil fuel industry exceeded AU$11 billion. So for every dollar donated, they got ten thousand dollars back. Every year.

Why anybody thought it was a good idea to let businesses openly bribe government officials with political donations is beyond me. They say it is so they can advertise during the run up to elections. But advertising persuades, it does not inform. So they are saying they need the money so that they can stop the public making an informed political decision, and manipulate them to vote emotionally instead.

So whether the money comes anonymously in the form of bitcoin, or if it is publicly handed over as cash from the fossil fuel industry, political decisions no longer represent the will of the people. Instead we are governed by corporations tugging on the puppet strings of political donations. Only when a decision has no negative impact on a donor do the people ever get their will enacted.

Further sources are linked from within this webpage:
https://www.marketforces.org.au/politicaldonations/

I would agree transparency is necessary in a political system that allows donations. However, cryptocurrency offers far more transparency and traceability than cash. According their FAQs http://ethics.ks.gov/CFAForms/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.html donations in cash are allowed up to $100.

Tim, I believe you are correct in your assessment that one day people will be surprised how accurately it will be traced. It is anonymous for the everyday user, just looking through the blockchain, but if, for example, the justice department needed to track an individual as the result of an investigation, they have the capability of doing that today. Not because of cryptocurrency itself, but because it has a trail that leads to other entities. Staying anonymous would be much more difficult than I think people give cryptocurrency credit for. I just don't see how the process is all that much different for cryptocurrency. DNotes does value privacy, but not complete anonymity.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:05:31 PM

Thanks Chase, for doing the math and presenting it so clearly. I really like it how you broke it down into the increasing number of DNotes due to holding onto the investment, and the increase in value of the total amount of DNotes owned with different projections. Very clear. I often hear how Alan and the DNotes team believe it is important to start saving early, but seeing the numbers, and the impact of compound interest makes that so much more clear.

I agree. Chase did a great job making numbers so easy to understand. $1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me. But then anyone can plug in the value they are comfortable with.

I am still on the road with a very busy schedule and will check in when I have a chance. Thanks for your support.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:03:08 PM

I agree. Chase did a great job making numbers so easy to understand. $1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me. But then anyone can plug in the value they are comfortable with.

I am still on the road with a very busy schedule and will check in when I have a chance. Thanks for your support.

Thanks Tim & Alan.

"$1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me." I can dream, can't I? Grin Most of the numbers I chose were for display purposes only, that why I used 10,000 DNotes instead of the $600 (15,000 DNotes?) that Queen_Amber had actually purchased. Sometimes it can be easier for people to comprehend the magnitude of compounding when the same number simply gets a zero added to the end.

I wanted to point out something on the chart that shows what happens if you leave the DNotes alone to grow. The 4% reward you earn from holding your DNotes for 365 days is greater than the 4% combined total of the 2% annual interest (compounded monthly) + the 2% staking reward.

• The first year you actually earn more DNotes from the 2% interest and staking reward: 202 + 202 = 404 DNotes vs. 400
  • The second year, the amount earned is equal: 408 + 408 = 816 (the same as the 365 day deposit)
  • After this, the effect of having the DNotes 'on deposit' for the full year starts to take off and by year 5 the 2% interest and staking reward is: 1051 + 1051 = 2102, compared to 2167 for the 365 day deposit
  • By year 10, the difference grows to 4802 - (2212 +2212) = 378 extra DNotes
  • All those extra 'long-term' DNotes will keep growing...

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:45:04 PM

CNBC: 124 Hedge Funds Investing in Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/124-hedge-funds-managing-cryptocurrency-assets/
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: