Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:27:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
lithiumfinn

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:14:50 AM

The uncertainty of the refund requests' status is indeed weighing on everyone's mind.  I've been tempted to re-submit the two refund requests again, but not sure if that would speed up the process or flag it as a duplicate entry.  The folks who did not sign correctly at least received a response one way or another.

True, but I still feel left in the dark wondering if it worked this time around. I really wish there was some kind of confirmation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bakal

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:17:15 AM

"Those who serve best, profit most."

please have an update.
je1p7u7

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:42:01 AM

For all of you impatient types: processing hundreds/thousands of refunds in addition to organizing pcb/hardware development, being dependent on 3rd parties (Yifu) and optimizing "the plan" on each uncertain goal and missed deadline is a huge effort. I don't know how many people Steamboat would have to have on his team (company) to be able to handle all of that promptly.

I am glad that Steamboat does not spend time posting in this thread and assume that he is working on more important issues.

Also take into account that updates are sometimes not possible due to the rapid changing and uncertainty. Therefore the lack of an update is also an update.

I have a refund request pending, but I always assumed it would be processed in two weeks taken the current situation. I went into this group buy as a hedge for a BFL order, so I might be more stress resistant than the average buyer ;>

EDIT: For those who missed Steamboats most recent reply on September 18th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.msg3184148#msg3184148
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:14:17 AM

For all of you impatient types: processing hundreds/thousands of refunds in addition to organizing pcb/hardware development, being dependent on 3rd parties (Yifu) and optimizing "the plan" on each uncertain goal and missed deadline is a huge effort. I don't know how many people Steamboat would have to have on his team (company) to be able to handle all of that promptly.

I am glad that Steamboat does not spend time posting in this thread and assume that he is working on more important issues.

Also take into account that updates are sometimes not possible due to the rapid changing and uncertainty. Therefore the lack of an update is also an update.

I have a refund request pending, but I always assumed it would be processed in two weeks taken the current situation. I went into this group buy as a hedge for a BFL order, so I might be more stress resistant than the average buyer ;>

EDIT: For those who missed Steamboats most recent reply on September 18th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.msg3184148#msg3184148

+1...He's doing the best he can,under the circumstances mentioned above & many more we don't know about. Thanks for the update Steamboat !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there bud  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:39:46 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 12:10:04 PM by alfabitcoin

@ScarryHash
As I have understood correct, if you submitted chip refund form, then your batch number purchase does not matter anymore, you and others like myself will be refunded from any batch which is actualy refunded from Avalon. As of yesterday, that is total of 4 batches what is Avalon refunded.

I am waiting for my chip refund and assambly partial refund. I think its possible to process those faster as other GB organiser has.
Klondike problems were known a lot longer time then many of us are aware of. Even of mid of August there were a Marto and form others question to bkk regarding fully populated board and github updates

Hi,
@BKK
did you get the chance to test fully populated board K16 of the last revision?
We still do not have time to get on it as far we are busy.
Any update will be great

Regards: Martin

+1
Github was updated but it is not enough for most of us

I do not want even to comment all those so called hw experts confirming the design.Bkkcoin MIA, licence fees and pushing unconfirmed design solely under Terrashash word....list goes on....

I'am sorry, this is beyond pointing the finger, why klondike manufacture did not announced klondike problems and not asking for our help? Or just to inform us of klondike status? That information is important dont you think? You all can go to the bkk thread and realize when first questions about "klondike out of working order" started Manufactures knew in mid August (or earlier) and said nothing!

None of us can react or have decision if Steamboat keep us in the dark! Its his responsibility to take appropiate actions. He said all is ready, all parts are purchased, hardware and software experts has confirmed klondike design and gave ok, licence fee has been paid to bkkcoins but not a single word about klondike problems!
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:50:33 AM

So as of today, steamboat still doesn't have a fully functioning unit. (from test chips that arrived on time)

I have been keeping my calm throughout this whole ordeal, but this last update is starting to shake my nerves.

Imagine what would have happened if all the chips were actually delivered on time:  As of today, we still wouldn't have fully assembled units. 

I believe so! And bkkcoins has not logged in in more than 2 weeks to the forum (the maker of the klondike board). Bkkcoins seems to have abandoned his thread completely according to what i can see.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:44:21 PM

Thank you Steamboat for 80 avalon chip refund in batch 2.
lithiumfinn

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:07:11 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 07:18:56 PM by lithiumfinn

Refund came through this morning. Thanks Steamboat!

EDIT:
16 chips from batch 5.
I requested on 9/3 and got an email to redo my signing on the 12th.
Refund came through on the 19th.
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:52:37 PM

Thx SB refundet 320 Chips B#5
brishtiteveja

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:24:24 PM

Thanks for the refund. From batch 6.
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:14:37 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 04:03:33 PM by bystander

Woke up this morning and got the email confirmation+refund, thank you Steamboat!!  

320chips @ Batch5

edit:  Re-calc'd the total and realized both transactions were combined into one @ 95%.  Updated chip total to reflect total chip refund received.  Thanks again!
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:16:55 PM

Impatient types? It's been over a fucking MONTH! It damn sure didn't take him that long to TAKE all that money for chips. We were getting multiple updates/responses per day when he was pulling in the dough hand-over fist. He's still keeping 5% of our money for chips, and those who paid for assembly, he's keeping 75%, and he can't get his shit together to process our refunds for over a MONTH? He can't give more than an update every 1-2 weeks?

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

Impatient types? It's been over a fucking MONTH! It damn sure didn't take him that long to TAKE all that money for chips. We were getting multiple updates/responses per day when he was pulling in the dough hand-over fist. He's still keeping 5% of our money for chips, and those who paid for assembly, he's keeping 75%, and he can't get his shit together to process our refunds for over a MONTH? He can't give more than an update every 1-2 weeks?

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

In case you didn't notice the bottleneck here wasn't SB, it was Yifu. SB cannot provide chip refunds BTC until Yifu refunds, which he just did for 2 more batches. SB could be better about more frequent updates, but he appears to be updating when he has material information to report back. I personally don't need lots of "I have no additional information; waiting on Yifu" posts every day.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:02:33 PM

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

In case you didn't notice the bottleneck here wasn't SB, it was Yifu. SB cannot provide chip refunds BTC until Yifu refunds, which he just did for 2 more batches. SB could be better about more frequent updates, but he appears to be updating when he has material information to report back. I personally don't need lots of "I have no additional information; waiting on Yifu" posts every day.

The bottleneck was not Yifu, it was SB. SB just hid out when Yifu was giving refunds same-day, then he showed up again after Yifu had slowed down. If he'd struck while the iron was hot, we could have gotten the refunds immediately. The fact that he was hiding out for that week that Yifu was acting quickly is on STEAMBOAT, not Yifu.

He also caused major delays by not giving anybody any information about HOW to get a refund, in spite of repeated requests that he man the fuck up and get things moving, or at least give us direction so that WE could get things moving. Again, that's on Steamboat.

And you're right, you DON'T need updates saying he's waiting on Yifu, because he ISN'T waiting on Yifu. Yifu dealt with his part and processed the refunds. It's STEAMBOAT who is once again the bottleneck. He's got the money, and he's dragging his feet on getting it back to its rightful owners.

Try to keep up.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

dmcdad

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:07:09 PM

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

The bottleneck was not Yifu, it was SB. SB just hid out when Yifu was giving refunds same-day, then he showed up again after Yifu had slowed down. If he'd struck while the iron was hot, we could have gotten the refunds immediately. The fact that he was hiding out for that week that Yifu was acting quickly is on STEAMBOAT, not Yifu.

He also caused major delays by not giving anybody any information about HOW to get a refund, in spite of repeated requests that he man the fuck up and get things moving, or at least give us direction so that WE could get things moving. Again, that's on Steamboat.

And you're right, you DON'T need updates saying he's waiting on Yifu, because he ISN'T waiting on Yifu. Yifu dealt with his part and processed the refunds. It's STEAMBOAT who is once again the bottleneck. He's got the money, and he's dragging his feet on getting it back to its rightful owners.

Try to keep up.
Mmmm... Okay. You got me. It was SB not Yifu.  Roll Eyes
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:57:08 PM

I think it's currently written Y I F U.

This is really sad.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:40:29 PM

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

Try to keep up.

Sigh, tell me you're not REALLY this retarded...

It's not one or the other. Yifu definitely fucked us, and nobody disputes that, there's no getting around that Yifu's a piece of shit. That's not what ANYBODY is saying, and you're either being intentionally obtuse, or you're just a complete fucking idiot.

Yifu was giving refunds within HOURS, back while Steamboat was cowering (logging in, but not responding to this thread or PMs) for several days. Steamboat was the reason we didn't have refunds right then and there.

Even after weeks of Steamboat cowering, when he finally showed his face and refunds were requested, there was a short delay which is NOT on Steamboat, but on Yifu (again, if Steamboat had handled it when he should have, it wouldn't have been an issue, but regardless, THAT waiting period was on Yifu) during that time, updates would have consisted of "just waiting on Yifu" that was the ONLY time that this would have been the case.

Steamboat's got the money that was refunded to him, so once again, any further waiting is now being caused by STEAMBOAT dragging his feet, NOT YIFU. You can read Yifu's thread to see what I've had to say to/about Yifu, if there's any question as to what I think of that shitbag. But in THIS thread, we're talking about why STEAMBOAT's dropping of the ball.

If you want to suck his dick, go for it. Swallow while you're at it, and don't neglect the balls, I don't really care.

I just want my money, which is currently in Steamboat's (not Yifu's) possession, and has been for long enough. There's no ambiguity here, he's got all the relevant information needed to make it happen. It only requires him to get off his lazy ass and do it. He's had a month. Time to get his shit together.

dmcdad

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:49:16 PM

BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

Try to keep up.

Sigh, tell me you're not REALLY this retarded...

It's not one or the other. Yifu definitely fucked us, and nobody disputes that, there's no getting around that Yifu's a piece of shit. That's not what ANYBODY is saying, and you're either being intentionally obtuse, or you're just a complete fucking idiot.

Yifu was giving refunds within HOURS, back while Steamboat was cowering (logging in, but not responding to this thread or PMs) for several days. Steamboat was the reason we didn't have refunds right then and there.

Even after weeks of Steamboat cowering, when he finally showed his face and refunds were requested, there was a short delay which is NOT on Steamboat, but on Yifu (again, if Steamboat had handled it when he should have, it wouldn't have been an issue, but regardless, THAT waiting period was on Yifu) during that time, updates would have consisted of "just waiting on Yifu" that was the ONLY time that this would have been the case.

Steamboat's got the money that was refunded to him, so once again, any further waiting is now being caused by STEAMBOAT dragging his feet, NOT YIFU. You can read Yifu's thread to see what I've had to say to/about Yifu, if there's any question as to what I think of that shitbag. But in THIS thread, we're talking about why STEAMBOAT's dropping of the ball.

If you want to suck his dick, go for it. Swallow while you're at it, and don't neglect the balls, I don't really care.

I just want my money, which is currently in Steamboat's (not Yifu's) possession, and has been for long enough. There's no ambiguity here, he's got all the relevant information needed to make it happen. It only requires him to get off his lazy ass and do it. He's had a month. Time to get his shit together.
Welcome to my ignore list. It might be lonely in there -- you are the first one for me to add.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:05:37 PM

He's been on mine for a long time.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:52:05 PM

I didn't realize assembly was directly connected to chips.  I thought assembly was going to be refunded the same way chips were.  I don't want a 25% refund on assembly if I can instead apply the whole thing to a Gen2 board.  That's my end game, or so I thought.

it is my understanding assembly refunds is not connected to chip refunds... in an email from SB:

If you request an assembly refund, it will be separate and apart from the chip refund you have requested. Yes, you may refund your chips and wait to request an assembly refund until there is more information regarding a version 2 board. Yes, you have the option of receiving the components to produce the units.

I would anticipate instructions on assembly refunds at some point...

WTF!? This is why we need more frequent "updates". I'm REALLY trying to be patient, but I'm getting pretty damn tired of every single update causing more questions than the last. And we then have to wait a week+ to get THEM answered - IF they are answered at all.

Rinse and repeat till we either eventually get a portion of our funds back, or boards that apparently don't even work yet, and that would never make ROI if they WERE working.

Does that about sum it up? I'm sick to fucking death of all the confusion, waiting, and plain poor communication. I realize the root cause of this mess is Yifu. But with that said, Steamboat has his share of blame to accept too. He drug his feet requesting refunds while others jumped right to it, and his communication is piss poor. What happened to the promise of more frequent updates anyway?

The list of unanswered question keep growing. As for those that will inevitably say "He's so busy, how can he update us? Wouldn't you rather he keep working on fixing the problems?" I say NO. He needs to step up and clear up some of these questions that have been dragging out for days. Yeah, he's busy. Yeah, we want our money or our chips. Shit happens and it's gotta be dealt with even if you don't want to. It's kinda the down side to all the money you were hoping to make.

And finally, for those that don't like my posts... I don't mind your ignore list one bit Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: