Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:18:45 PM

So... those taking delivery of their K16's and sticking it out... Will you be mining BTC or an altcoin (sha256 based) with the miner?

I've mentioned ROI'ing in BTC on these things December and been ridiculed for it (free electricity and overclock with diy buck reg mod... may make a guide on that once I've done my own).
So out of interest, how many will be mining an altcoin with theirs? Tongue

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:26:46 PM

I merged mine bitcoin + all the merge-able coins.

I am looking into "mine only when there is enough power coming in" solar/wind setup for when grid power is too costly.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
silicont

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:58:40 PM

Still waiting for batch 5 80-chip refund, SB update, and kingdom come.
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:03:40 PM

Update:

Chip refunds:
We have processed the majority of the refund requests which were verified in the first two batches which did not require additional manual verification. We have also just received refunds for two additional batches, which includes our chip purchase, which will be used to process assembly refund requests. Refund requests will continue to be processed until they are complete.

There currently remains 2 batches of chips, and we are roughly one thousand chips in to the next batch of refund requests.

Chip shipment:
Yifu has stated he shipped the first batch on Monday. We are currently awaiting a tracking number. He has also stated the second batch should ship today or tomorrow.

Assembly update:
We are continuing to debug and troubleshoot the Klondike design. We have not been successful in hashing on more than one bank at a time, and have discovered further hardware flaws in addition to the lack of firmware which may inhibit the board from performing properly when the firmware required to use all 16 chips is finalized. We have ordered replacement parts for testing, which should be here this week. We are also working on the capability to update the firmware via USB to avoid the need for a PIC programmer. Terrahash has not responded to our inquiries regarding their claims to have a fully functioning unit. We have emailed Bkkcoins several times, to no avail.
If any of you are familiar with the Klondike design and would like to help, please let us know. We are most interested in firmware developers to assist in debugging the code, but all assistance is welcome. 

In the event the chips arrive prior to the design being finalized, we have two options. We can either assemble the units based on the design at the time of delivery, or we can delay assembly to finish the design and ensure it functions prior to shipping. We are still working on the procedure to handle this scenario, but suggest waiting until the units are fully functional. We cannot rule out the possibility of a hardware level flaw which would require a component replacement to function properly until we are successful hashing with all 16 chips.

Assembly refunds:
We have received our chip refund, and will begin processing assembly refunds shortly. We are working out the best way to process the requests, and will post an update upon completion.

Next gen:
We have been working towards solidifying the redesign using next gen chips, and are cautiously optimistic. We cannot release any details at this time.

There are several questions we have not answered, and we will get to them as quickly as possible with a more detailed update.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:11:47 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 10:33:51 PM by alfabitcoin

Still no refund for 80 chips in batch 2! Submitted within 20hrs after refund request was first sent out! Request was pass as OK, no additional questions!
I doubt you have refunded almost 2 batches of chips buyers. Count a little posts of confirmations of received refunds! I might be wrong as no all report on forum. We have no insight of what is going on Steamboat and its a little insulting.
Refund at once, I am sick of waiting! I was on time and prompt on everything, its your turn.

I counted 21 members with refund confirmations and that is all. (Unknown of those who did not posted confirmation). I dont know what to say or think on that......
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au277u2T6_H3dGRjZkllM3R5cTdVXzZpd0h2Sm5Ub3c#gid=0

Spreadsheet made before refund request form has 5290 chips total from 43 buyers. What may I conclude from it?

Every single GB making spreadsheet and refund list, only our does not. We need to have a refund list (chips and assambly refunds)!
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:12:41 PM

Update:

Chip refunds:
We have processed the majority of the refund requests which were verified in the first two batches which did not require additional manual verification. We have also just received refunds for two additional batches, which includes our chip purchase, which will be used to process assembly refund requests. Refund requests will continue to be processed until they are complete.

There currently remains 2 batches of chips, and we are roughly one thousand chips in to the next batch of refund requests.

Chip shipment:
Yifu has stated he shipped the first batch on Monday. We are currently awaiting a tracking number. He has also stated the second batch should ship today or tomorrow.

Assembly update:
We are continuing to debug and troubleshoot the Klondike design. We have not been successful in hashing on more than one bank at a time, and have discovered further hardware flaws in addition to the lack of firmware which may inhibit the board from performing properly when the firmware required to use all 16 chips is finalized. We have ordered replacement parts for testing, which should be here this week. We are also working on the capability to update the firmware via USB to avoid the need for a PIC programmer. Terrahash has not responded to our inquiries regarding their claims to have a fully functioning unit. We have emailed Bkkcoins several times, to no avail.
If any of you are familiar with the Klondike design and would like to help, please let us know. We are most interested in firmware developers to assist in debugging the code, but all assistance is welcome. 

In the event the chips arrive prior to the design being finalized, we have two options. We can either assemble the units based on the design at the time of delivery, or we can delay assembly to finish the design and ensure it functions prior to shipping. We are still working on the procedure to handle this scenario, but suggest waiting until the units are fully functional. We cannot rule out the possibility of a hardware level flaw which would require a component replacement to function properly until we are successful hashing with all 16 chips.

Assembly refunds:
We have received our chip refund, and will begin processing assembly refunds shortly. We are working out the best way to process the requests, and will post an update upon completion.

Next gen:
We have been working towards solidifying the redesign using next gen chips, and are cautiously optimistic. We cannot release any details at this time.

There are several questions we have not answered, and we will get to them as quickly as possible with a more detailed update.

Get these babies fully functioning, don't ship us remaining people buggy units.  I'm for waiting a lil longer for working units, USB firmware updates sounds awesome, hopefully you can get two banks of chips working.  Shit if I lived near u SB ID help build those miners for free so us get them out the door
FuzzyThunder

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 08:24:41 PM by FuzzyThunder

So I guess my refund request wasn't part of that majority.

I also assume there's no way to find out whether or not my refund request was received properly.

I never got any email telling me it was rejected or accepted and  never got a refund(16 chips in batch 5).

This is the only time during this whole clusterfuck that I've been concerned.  Undecided

Edit: I woke up this morning and found that my refund had been processed over night. Thanks, SB.
silicont

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:42:01 PM

Assembly refunds:

Correct me if I'm wrong, bu in the many words from SB, we haven't seen assembly refund instructions yet.  His statement above sounds a little like assembly refunds have been submitted.  "We will begin accepting assembly refund requests shortly" is what I hope that says.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 09:27:11 PM

Chip shipment:

Wow. Sebastian ordered his first batch from Yifu on 5/11 (10 days after our batch 1 on 5/1). He RECEIVED his batch yesterday. Assuming about 10 days for shipping, Yifu shipped 20 DAYS out of order. un-fucking-believable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg3181364#msg3181364

Not that it matters for me anymore, but will you be entertaining an 8-chip option for a nominal fee increase?

Next gen:

This is great. I'll be very interested in what you can manage.

In light of this news, I've officially requested a refund for my 50 chips w/assembly in batch 1. I wanted to stick it out because I was one of the first to purchase chips, but I was under the impression that the chips were already enroute from Yifu. It now seems that boards are at least 2-3 weeks out, and by then the whole game may have changed and my projections are all messed up. I'm hopeful that a next-gen board can be manufactured with parts already purchased. In the meantime, I'll be happy to know that my BTC isn't going to that fucking insolent child, Yifu. Thanks for your competence and patience SB.

eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 09:36:39 PM

I would encourage everyone who has lost money because of Yifu to leave a negative trust rating:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=68196

Lollaskates

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:45:11 PM

Still waiting on my damn refund. Tell me where in the "Batch" refund queue I am? My chip purchase was in #4.

I dont understand why the default process isn't refund, as everyone will have less negative ROI taking a refund than continuing with the miners. Only idiots and people "in it for the fun of having a miner" are still waiting on the functional assembly of a non-functioning product with a flawed design. The people still waiting on refunds that only cover "part" of a batch should trigger the full batch refund, period.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:16:20 PM

:: snip ::

Thanks for the update. I've been trying to keep patient - I know it must be a real pain processing all these refunds.

But you are right. This update hasn't answered all the questions by a long shot, and has created even more questions as well. I hope "as quickly as possible" is less than the usual week+.

Perhaps doing an update followed very soon by an "answer questions" post would be helpful, and would likely remove some of the pressure for continued updates. I mean, each update triggers more questions, and people get really frustrated waiting a week for them to be answered.

I know I've complained loudly in this thread in the past. Please don't take this as a complaint. I truly believe you are trying to make the best of a crappy situation, and I'm just suggesting "paired" updates might make things easier on you. (Obviously, I realize being completely left alone to fix this mess would be the best way to make things easier for you. Unfortunately, that's not really workable.)

I think the main thing on everyone's minds is "Where am I in the refund queue?", "Did you get my refund request, and was it verified?", "Are the chip refunds directly coupled to hardware refunds? (I'd assumed so, but there seems to be some question)", and "Will I get stuck taking chips? or the variation "Will I get stuck taking a refund?" It would be AWESOME to get some clarity on those concerns, and some visibility into the refund queue position.

Thanks again SB for trying to make the best of this.

I'm gonna take a deep breath, stay patient, and wait for my refund. Which BTW I have gotten NO feedback as to if it's even been accepted/received.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:51:02 PM

I didn't realize assembly was directly connected to chips.  I thought assembly was going to be refunded the same way chips were.  I don't want a 25% refund on assembly if I can instead apply the whole thing to a Gen2 board.  That's my end game, or so I thought.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:01:26 AM

We're planning to let Yifu screw us around for a whole 'nother generation?

Or can we have him pre-order bitcoins from us by shipping us chips first then we pay if we like the way the finished boards we put them in work?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:16:56 AM

I didn't realize assembly was directly connected to chips.  I thought assembly was going to be refunded the same way chips were.  I don't want a 25% refund on assembly if I can instead apply the whole thing to a Gen2 board.  That's my end game, or so I thought.

it is my understanding assembly refunds is not connected to chip refunds... in an email from SB:

If you request an assembly refund, it will be separate and apart from the chip refund you have requested. Yes, you may refund your chips and wait to request an assembly refund until there is more information regarding a version 2 board. Yes, you have the option of receiving the components to produce the units.

I would anticipate instructions on assembly refunds at some point...

logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:26:02 AM

So as of today, steamboat still doesn't have a fully functioning unit. (from test chips that arrived on time)

I have been keeping my calm throughout this whole ordeal, but this last update is starting to shake my nerves.

Imagine what would have happened if all the chips were actually delivered on time:  As of today, we still wouldn't have fully assembled units. 

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:32:14 AM

So I guess my refund request wasn't part of that majority.

I also assume there's no way to find out whether or not my refund request was received properly.

I never got any email telling me it was rejected or accepted and  never got a refund(16 chips in batch 5).

This is the only time during this whole clusterfuck that I've been concerned.  Undecided

I'm in the same boat. Still haven't heard back a damn thing. WTF is the problem? Why does it take a week to get a simple fucking 2-line update? This is beyond unprofessional...

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
hoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:42:29 AM

A confirmation of chip refund request 'received' and a queue guesstimate would calm my nerves.  
    - again 260 B1 + 268 B3 REQUESTING REFUND
I submitted my request ~Friday 6th September PLEASE ADVISE. 
~As of this post I have NOT received an email to confirm or deny the request~
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:54:30 AM

Well, this latest update certainly makes things "interesting", in a most inconvenient way, from a personal perspective.

I have chip orders in batches 1,2, 3, 4 & 5. (fascinating, isn't it?)

I've also paid for assembly for those miners....this does get better.

So...if batches 1 and 2 are shipping, but I've requested a refund (6 days ago)...how exactly is this going to be handled? I've received no e-mail or confirmation...

Personally, I've completely lost faith in the whole Klondike thing. I thought would stick it out, but I'm not optismistic, hence I've requested a refund.

I'm assuming that there aren't enough refunds for batches 1 and 2??

Does this mean I'm going to get "somewhat functional" miners from batches 1 and 2 and a refund from batches 3, 4 and 5? What about my assembly costs??

What a complete clusterfuck.

bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:03:09 AM

The uncertainty of the refund requests' status is indeed weighing on everyone's mind.  I've been tempted to re-submit the two refund requests again, but not sure if that would speed up the process or flag it as a duplicate entry.  The folks who did not sign correctly at least received a response one way or another.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: