Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
Lollaskates

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:36:08 PM

Steamboat, I have emailed you TWICE with no response in 5 days. This is a joke.

You are currently holding thousands of my dollars and I would like a fucking response.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

You are currently holding thousands of my dollars and I would like a fucking response.

Ditto. Without the f****ing. The wife would get mad....

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:10:10 PM

Ditto. Without the f****ing. The wife would get mad....

[insert punch line here]   Grin

cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:17:49 PM

those who ordered first, should be in front of others who ordered later. I am in batch 2 and did not get refund. FIFO method.

alfabitcoin, what you propose would not be fair. Also, if steamboat were to try to implement that...since only those who request refunds are getting them, every time someone new requests a refund, he would be "cutting in line".

Worse, due to the line cutting, that means people in later batches who request refunds would be eligible one minute, but ineligible the next, when someone in an earlier batch requests a refund.

The current implementation is FIFO--based on who requests the refund first, not on who ordered first. And that is fair.
I see your point and you are partially right and not objective. Still I think I said it wrong e.g. not individual chip FIFO order but batch order queue. Like if somebody in early batch request refund they should get it before of those who requested later batch orders.

I don't think your clarification here makes any difference to my points.

There is no waiting list because as soon somebody ask for refund it goes filled from batch 1 to the batch 6, regrdless of which batch is actally refunded from yifu.

Avalon isn't giving partial refunds or sending partial batches, so if I read you right, now you are actually suggesting that steamboat should front the money for the refunds.

But in the end, it seem that most of who requested refund will get it, unless full batch is filled for refund. And then there might we have a problem.....it is a fact that earlier batches wait the longest and I am concerned of those who will end up with chips instead of refund because refund request fifo method!

Do expect the problem of a partial batch refund request to happen. This is a known issue. The only way around it I can think of is if steamboat personally requests a refund for some portion of his chips, the amount of which is dependent on how many other people request refunds.

But what do you mean "earlier batches wait the longest"? There is no correlation. The refunds are completely decoupled from the refund requests, and that is the point.

Unless you mean people in earlier batches wait longer to decide because it's less clear if they will ROI? Too bad, it is their risk in waiting to decide. By allowing them to cut in line as I described, they are offloading their risk onto those who decide sooner. That is most certainly not fair.

There was enough time since refund form to know where majority stands. Do you think its fair of somebody in batch 1 or 2 end up with chips and somebody from batch 6 end up with refund considering waiting period? No, that sound to me unfair, but that is me.

Well, first let's be clear: the situation is not fair, and that's Avalon's fault. So, it's a question of what can we do that is the least unfair.

With that said: yes, as I've explained, I do think that is the least unfair option.

Besides the implementation problems, you've not presented a compelling case as to why first mover advantage of buying into the group buy should confer the same for getting out. I think your objection is "just you".

Just to solely relie on refund request FIFO is wrong. Many things can make delay with this, not receiving email, signing problems etc and it does not sound fair just for those reason to buyer lost refund posibility.

Now here you have a point, but your proposed solution has nothing to do with these problems.

I supose you are from batch 5 or 6?  Wink See, everybody has theirown interess and if you were in earlier you might agree with me or vice versa Smiley

As it happenes, yes I am in a later batch. However, I also only just requested my refund over the weekend. So, in my estimation, it won't make much difference to me personally.

FWIW, in a completely unrelated (non-Bitcoin) group investment, I recently insisted on taking a smaller portion of the returns personally, because I felt it was the right thing to do. The person running the investment had suggested a larger share for me, and I told him that I should get less.

I call them like I see them, and I'm saying that my personal financial interest here has no bearing on my argument.

Care to admit your own bias?

Like I said, it would be nice some sort of transparency, to inform us who is eglible for refund pending, order status and how many batches will be refunded and how many will ship.
I dont mind waiting a bit longer or who get refund first, but I would like to know is my refund request in processing state or out!

I completely agree about the transparency, and I'm disappointed at the lack of it. But your proposal of "FIFO by batch order" has no bearing on this, either.
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:51:39 PM

From post history profesor requested refund 48hrs after email and I have requested it max 20hrs from email.

My orders combined were only 68 chips. Not sure if that plays into it at all.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:03:41 AM

We don't know steamboat's plans vis-à-vis partial orders.  Steamboat mentioned he had refunded his personal batches as well.  Maybe he will absorb the refunds for the partial batch and mine with the rest.  He specifically said no one will be forced to take a refund.  I read that to mean that those who don't want the refund in the partial batch will be serviced with a partial shipment, the rest of which LSD will absorb.  That's a possibility, right?  Not sure why people are convinced that it's inevitable someone will get screwed (well, we all got screwed by Yifu, but I reference batch refunds only here). 

Steamboat, we are approaching 1 week with no updates.  Can we get some love please?
cpengr

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:29:12 AM

We don't know steamboat's plans vis-à-vis partial orders.  Steamboat mentioned he had refunded his personal batches as well.  Maybe he will absorb the refunds for the partial batch and mine with the rest.

This is the idea I was alluding to above:

Do expect the problem of a partial batch refund request to happen. This is a known issue. The only way around it I can think of is if steamboat personally requests a refund for some portion of his chips, the amount of which is dependent on how many other people request refunds.

He specifically said no one will be forced to take a refund.  I read that to mean that those who don't want the refund in the partial batch will be serviced with a partial shipment, the rest of which LSD will absorb.  That's a possibility, right?

It seems to me that it doesn't really speak to that possibility. He said that no one would be forced to take a refund. That leaves open the possibility that some people who want a refund will not get it, but it doesn't rule out the alternative of LSD taking a refund for some variable number of chips.

Not sure why people are convinced that it's inevitable someone will get screwed (well, we all got screwed by Yifu, but I reference batch refunds only here).

I think it's the default reading that leaves us to figure some will get screwed, but I agree it's an open question.

Steamboat, we are approaching 1 week with no updates.  Can we get some love please?

++

And steamboat, please answer this open question.
lithiumfinn

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:46:39 AM

Mine was rejected the first time around (problem with the signing) and I sent off for another. Hopefully it goes through.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:50:23 AM

He specifically said no one will be forced to take a refund.  I read that to mean that those who don't want the refund in the partial batch will be serviced with a partial shipment, the rest of which LSD will absorb.  That's a possibility, right?

It seems to me that it doesn't really speak to that possibility. He said that no one would be forced to take a refund. That leaves open the possibility that some people who want a refund will not get it, but it doesn't rule out the alternative of LSD taking a refund for some variable number of chips.

I can see how this would be technically accurate.  Both options are on the table, although I believe from the tone of the update that this would be the less likely option.

See steamboat; this is why we need updates.
chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:00:38 AM

I never received an email about getting a refund.  I'd also like Steamboat to reply to my previous post about all of our options at this point.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:23:04 AM

Everyone, refund.  I think this group buy is beat.  Lack of promised updates is unacceptable.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:01:29 AM

I received an email request from SB to resend the refund request with a signed message. I replied to the email with the signed message hashes for each transaction, but have not heard back.

Were we suppose to submit the requests again through the automated form instead? If so how does that work since the automated form does not contain a place to input a signed message.

SB did you receive my request or not?
powpow

Activity: 84

Developer

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:03:32 AM

Everyone, refund.  I think this group buy is beat.  Lack of promised updates is unacceptable.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you.  Any promises of future business with steamboat are down the drain that's for sure.  Hasn't answered PM, e-mail or support ticket on website.  Sent multiple requests asking very simple questions -- with zero response.

I'm wondering if there is any way to get a refund with bitpay, since that's what we all used as a payment method for assembly/parts.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:28:54 AM

Everyone, refund.  I think this group buy is beat.  Lack of promised updates is unacceptable.

I didn't promise anything  Cheesy

I'm sure an update is coming soon as he has one,with many batches of refunds to do,Y I FU not communicating about the refunds or chips,a board to smack into shape & god knows what else........................... Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:40:24 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 07:56:00 PM by alfabitcoin

@opengr
Refund request fifo queue should not have a weight as actual time of the chip purchase. Its my opinion. Those who bought first should be served first, regardless of the service. That is my argument and think is valid. SB had enough time to see how many buyers want refund. Refund form is just that, a "form" as vote and refund authorisation at the same time. There is no timestamp on it when we have submitted it and no way of knowing did steamboat requested refund from avalon and/or got already funds.
Your defence argument for fairness of the fifo for refund request form are eventual waiting list, where later batches must (could) wait for earlier(I agree for potential problems but its minor issues wo major consequence, its not a problem if somebody with earlier batch, but late refund request to wait additional time for an refund and that someobody with later batches can meanwhile be refunded) but it does not justify the FIFO method for refund request and actual refund execution.
You did not understund me when I say that earlier batches are waiting the most and I did not meant that they waiting to submitting refund request; I meant to say their chip delivery is delayed the most and avalon offered an refund what is right thing to do. Never said its steamboat fault and that he should front the funds (its obvius I meant that refund should be filled when avalon refund SB), but refund is on the table for a while now and within Steamboat responsibility to take it as that is not his funds! Those chips now can be bought for 30% of avalon original price!
Avalon offered full refund not only because delivery delay but because chip price is obsolete and now overpriced.
Batch 6 has expected delivery date mid September. Batch 2 mid of July. How that does not matter? Batch 6 is still within original delivery schedulle!  So I repeat, how can be fair to buyer from batch 6 to get refund before buyer in early batches. Its unfair and ilogical. How to detirmine when buyer has submited refund request form? There is none recourse in the event of dispute. At least we have some confirmation when we bought the chips and what batch number.
No doubt its avalon mess, but they have offered fair solution and the ball is now on Steamboat hands and his responsibility.
Finally, its my opinion and think I gave valid arguments, first one who bought are served the first, always. Its generaly accepted and fair.
You dont need to agree with me, nor anyone else.

So final arguments are:
It should not matter when refund form is sumbitted. Buying carry more weight then solely submitting an form.
For those who submitted refund request should be refunded FIFO batch number order; from lower to higher eg 1-6.
Actual refunds are sent when funds received from avalon. Customers should have clear status supdate on that.
Full transparency.
We should have refund list (who is in and who is out) and status update.

Batch 6 buyers are still within delivery ETA and they accepted avalon price. Neither avalon or Steamboat have done anything wrong to them. Those who want refund from batch 6 should wait for a spot if somone from earlier does not want an refund, otherwise they can be chip delivered without any terms breached. For earlier batches terms are breached and avalon offered fair solution of full refund and Avalon addeed an offer for all batches being eglible for refund as a goodwill. I dont see a problem here and batch 6 buyers should not complain as Avalon have not wronged them and offered refund as a goodwill, while earlier batches are screwed and terms breached.

You have asked;"Do I care to addmit my own bias"? If I was in the batch 6 I would be pleased with present method but I would not debate and defend it because I would not have any arguments. Those who still want chips can buy it now for a lot less and they should not "ruin" refund oportunity for others who want refund.
You have stated that my proposition is unfair; Since when lack of orher "proposition" negate fairness of my claims and in this light why should your opinion count as valid? I admit that in prior post I might be unclear of what I porpose and fainess of it and hope in this I have explained better.

Steamboat chip refund policy clearly advocating actual chip delivery. Refund request has not deadline, nobody will be forced to take a refund and refund request is final! No word of those who want an refund and I bet they are in majoroty!
Like I said, people does not change. Steamboat already show his colors when it comes to communication and posting here. I doubt it will change, I hope I am wrong. Steamboat has a reason why he does not reply to emails, pm and post update or discusion. We can only assume of what that might be, but that reason is still present.

ps
sorry for bad english and very sorry of not quoting and addresing each parts of your post, hope you can see the overall meaning in this post  Smiley
Opengr, I am truelly sorry if I offended you when talked about bias. Never meant you being selfish and looking only for your interess. As you said you were requested refund this weekend and I have very early request what will be filled most likely soon when refund process resume. So I hope you understand that I am disscusing what I believe to be fair  Smiley
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:44:39 AM

I hope not all batches were refunded, because I'm still waiting for K16's... Unless there's some gen2 ones in the pie..

-
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:08:16 PM

Wondering if I should abandon ship, Lack of promised updates from steamboat is frightening
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:12:24 PM

I gave up and asked for a refund.  I'm not sure how to ask for the assembly partial refund though, the form only asked how many chips.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Wondering if I should abandon ship, Lack of promised updates from steamboat is frightening

It depends, you may need to re-evaluate why you wanted to move into ASIC mining and what it means for your circumstances. You won't get back the money you will put into mining, so it may be best to just buy and hold BTC. But, if you are interested in adding hashing power to the network regardless of how much money you stand to lose, then stick with it. I've requested a refund early and am still waiting for the bulk of it, five figures, but I haven't lost faith in Steamboat.
lexis200

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:18:22 PM

Very sad to say, but I've given up hope as well and requested a refund  Sad

It seems a real shame but I just can't see an acceptable ROI now, particularly with all the hash power being thrown at the network at the moment.

Good luck to everyone who's still hanging in there, maybe one day you'll be able to look back on this thread and laugh at all the people who jumped ship.  Smiley

Lexis200

Alms for an ex-leper... 1CDttnLVYtDhvK9h69LXJdPT3E6skyTfy8
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: