Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423208 times)
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:58:13 PM

With all this talk of refunds, can I divert attention back to hosting?  I'd like to know why my miner is not hashing away.  It is NOT because it is not ready and able to hash, because my friend (who ordered the same day as me) finally decided to give up waiting for hosting and asked for them to be shipped instead and they are already on their way.  So if they are assembled and clearly can be used to hash, and we have PAID for hosting already, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT SWITCHED ON HASHING AWAY.

As time goes on SB is creating more anger and and people who are looking to legal recourse.  SB, get on the case.  You organised this knowing you could both profit big or lose big.  Now it's gone sour you need to take the hit and sort this mess out.  For someone like myself who requested a refund, which never transpired, requested hosting, which is not happening, what am I supposed to do?  Just let the money go?  No fucking way - you sort it out or we'll launch legal action.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cooler-persistence

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:17:52 PM

Any news on hosting for miners (non-canceled orders) that I understand were to be hashing now? 
I heard over a week ago we were to get a payout for the miners we paid for and kept hosting with steamboat.  Anyone heard about or received a payout? 
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:01:09 AM

I do have a couple of miners that show that they are hashing, but they show no work units accepted or sent in CGminer.

Moved them from one computer to another (Linux to Windows), and they do the same thing, show hashing but no work units accepted.

Do you guys think they need to be reflashed or something? They do show some amount of hardware errors, seem like above normal compared to the others.

Pretty weird.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:42:22 AM

I do have a couple of miners that show that they are hashing, but they show no work units accepted or sent in CGminer.

Moved them from one computer to another (Linux to Windows), and they do the same thing, show hashing but no work units accepted.

Do you guys think they need to be reflashed or something? They do show some amount of hardware errors, seem like above normal compared to the others.

Pretty weird.

Sounds like a hardware problem most likely.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:54:34 AM

Pretty weird.

What are the temps Huh

Have you checked the power cables are plugged all the way in,no undue stress on them pulling them just a little loose,your PSU is able to supply enough power Huh

60 watts per is what I use to judge by  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:38:11 PM

Steamboat was not been online since 12.November! Before at least he has logging every day even without saying anything  Huh
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:45:21 PM

Steamboat was not been online since 12.November! Before at least he has logging every day even without saying anything  Huh

It could be a coincidence, but: I am not getting any response from the Liquid Synergy Designs website. I only tried moments ago; before that, I hadn't tried it for weeks. I don't know how long it's been down for.

I was trying this because of the October email:

Quote from: steamboat
If you would like to request your units shipped as-is, please ensure the shipping address provided on your [LSD website] account is correct...
Geode

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

His website is down and there have been no response for weeks. It's apparent what is going on.

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems that you guys are left with no other option other than:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (FBI)
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:12:54 PM

I seem to recall reading at some point that the website was being decommissioned at a predetermined date.  It's been a while so I may just be confused.

My miners have been working great so far.  I was a little disappointed that I wasn't really able to overclock mine as much as other people seem to be.  Anything over 352 mhz and my K16's start dropping banks of chips.

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed with the quality of the product Steamboat put out.  Especially considering all of the things that went wrong that were totally outside of his control.  On a positive note BKKcoins has finally turned back up and is alive, although suffering from what sounds like a pretty serious motorcycle injury.

My one major gripe is Steamboat's lack of communication.  I feel like he is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but I can think of no valid excuse for ignoring this thread the way he has.  I would consider doing business with him again, but he really needs to address everyone's concerns as soon as possible.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:51:25 PM

I seem to recall reading at some point that the website was being decommissioned at a predetermined date.  It's been a while so I may just be confused.

Weird... perhaps site is down to add interface for hosting customers?

I have always had luck with the group buy e-mail address. I've received replies to most of my messages within a few days.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:36:21 PM

My miners have been working great so far.  I was a little disappointed that I wasn't really able to overclock mine as much as other people seem to be.  Anything over 352 mhz and my K16's start dropping banks of chips.

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed with the quality of the product Steamboat put out.  Especially considering all of the things that went wrong that were totally outside of his control.  On a positive note BKKcoins has finally turned back up and is alive, although suffering from what sounds like a pretty serious motorcycle injury.

My one major gripe is Steamboat's lack of communication.  I feel like he is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but I can think of no valid excuse for ignoring this thread the way he has.  I would consider doing business with him again, but he really needs to address everyone's concerns as soon as possible.

Chad

It is great to hear that the miners were solidly built and work well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there other ASIC chip options (such as BitFury) where it would have been great to use our unused assembly parts to build a different board than a K16. Yes, new boards and some new parts would be needed, but all the shipping materials, heatsinks, assembly line time, etc. could be reused. I would have much preferred this to assembly refunds. I purchased one drillbit board and the sevice offered there is very similar to SB.

But the lack of communication is ruining this option.
jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:02:15 PM

His website is down and there have been no response for weeks. It's apparent what is going on.

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems that you guys are left with no other option other than:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (FBI)
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

I just checked and his web site is not down. http://liquidsyndesigns.com/shop/
This is up too.. http://projectklondike.org/about

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
cpengr

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:54:23 PM

I just checked and his web site is not down....
This is up too.. http://projectklondike.org/about

I had no trouble accessing the projectklondike website earlier, but you are correct--they are both up now.
wawaloo

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:16:38 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 03:32:27 AM by wawaloo

I just got sent shipping info to my units being mailed so someone is looking over the emails.

Anyone using 24 port and + USB hubs or recommend brand or model? One I have been looking over are http://www.amazon.com/24-Port-USB-2-0-HUB-Adapter/dp/B003WPDICM  I need to use at least 2-3 or more high capacity USB hubs to be able to mount the units I have shipping shortly.

I have been waiting for updates on the chaining capability but that didn't really show up. Basically these lack of updates or info has held me back in getting my units shipped until now.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:14:19 AM

I don't have any orders in for hosted miners. Mine were for assembly/testing only, and I'm still awaiting refund terms and instructions.

Meanwhile, has ANYONE gotten word that their hosted miners are setup and hosting? We keep arguing over BTC vs USD for assembly refunds that SB my never pay anyway.

Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

BTW, while I'm ranting: I think it's negligent os Steamboat to have STILL not explicitly addressed the boot loader / USB firmware update that has so many of his buyers baffled. This would have been a simple technical brief of the feasibility of a successful USB bootloader that includes i2c capability, as well as the implications of not having it.
SB: Your customers needed your timely guidance with a critical decision, and you left them hanging. Shame on you!

If we don't get news confirming the operation of hosted miners within a VERY SHORT TIME, I suggest labeling this thread as FAILED, SCAM, or BOTH.

I believe we have been abandoned.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:24:39 AM

I don't have any orders in for hosted miners. Mine were for assembly/testing only, and I'm still awaiting refund terms and instructions.

Meanwhile, has ANYONE gotten word that their hosted miners are setup and hosting? We keep arguing over BTC vs USD for assembly refunds that SB my never pay anyway.

Meanwhile, there is Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

BTW, while I'm ranting: I think it's negligent of Steamboat to have STILL not explicitly addressed the boot loader / USB firmware update that has so many of his buyers baffled. This would have been a simple technical brief of the feasibility of a successful USB bootloader that includes i2c capability, as well as the implications of not having it.
SB: Your customers needed your timely guidance with a critical decision, and you left them hanging. Shame on you!

If we don't get news confirming the operation of hosted miners within a VERY SHORT TIME, I suggest labeling this thread as FAILED, SCAM, or BOTH.

I believe we have been abandoned.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:47:43 AM

Meanwhile, there is Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

Set up the hosting in the basement for all I care, Steamboat should have plugged everything he could into every power plug he could, once he knew they could be hashing.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:33:30 AM

Pretty weird.

What are the temps Huh

Have you checked the power cables are plugged all the way in,no undue stress on them pulling them just a little loose,your PSU is able to supply enough power Huh

60 watts per is what I use to judge by  Wink

They appear to be hashing, showing about 5.3 Gh/s, the temps are the same as the ones that show accepted work units (about 40ish). But, these 2 do not show accepted work units, just the same amount after HW: 128309, in CGminer. I'm assuming those are hardware errors. It shows zero WU: and zero A: the other ones are show A: 937989 and HW: 85.

I have two of these that do not show anything but a zero WU: 0, whereas the other ones show WU: 75.9 , and stuff like that.

How the hell do I post a stinking picture? Anyway, I think these two are bad. They've never done anything, I'm guessing WU: means work units? My jalepeno has a rating of WU: 72.9, and the other klondikes are like 77.2 or thereabouts.

Is there a way to somehow fix them or reflash them?? They seem to be hashing, just not really accepting work units. I moved them from one machine to another (Linux to Windows, and back again), tried different USB ports, but it's always the same symptom. Tried it with different power supplies, different cables, different PCI-E power slot, always the same thing. The little LED at the bottom is flashing every once in a while...weird.

Seems kind of high failure rate for 2 out of 16 units. That's more than 10%....

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:45:24 AM

Are the units showing any kind of hashrate in CGminer Huh

If not (or they show in MHS instead),I have one that is stubborn,have to unplug power & USB,let it cool down for 10 minutes,then it'll come back hashing.

Check your USB hub,it may not like x amount devices hooked to it.If you're not using a hub,get one  Wink  Swap USB cables,they do go bad or act up & you'll get weird readings/actions from your miners.

Did you flash your units already Huh If so try again.May have got it buggered somehow  Roll Eyes

I host my pics at photobucket  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:21:26 AM

Pretty weird.

What are the temps Huh

60 watts per is what I use to judge by  Wink

They appear to be hashing, showing about 5.3 Gh/s, the temps are the same as the ones that show accepted work units (about 40ish). But, these 2 do not show accepted work units, just the same amount after HW: 128309, in CGminer. I'm assuming those are hardware errors. It shows zero WU: and zero A: the other ones are show A: 937989 and HW: 85.

I have two of these that do not show anything but a zero WU: 0, whereas the other ones show WU: 75.9 , and stuff like that.

How the hell do I post a stinking picture? Anyway, I think these two are bad. They've never done anything, I'm guessing WU: means work units? My jalepeno has a rating of WU: 72.9, and the other klondikes are like 77.2 or thereabouts.

Is there a way to somehow fix them or reflash them?? They seem to be hashing, just not really accepting work units. I moved them from one machine to another (Linux to Windows, and back again), tried different USB ports, but it's always the same symptom. Tried it with different power supplies, different cables, different PCI-E power slot, always the same thing. The little LED at the bottom is flashing every once in a while...weird.

Seems kind of high failure rate for 2 out of 16 units. That's more than 10%....

Sounds like the nonce reporting circuit has a problem.
Can you enable debug output and see what is returned for nonce values?
I thought I was the only one here that didn't know how to post a picture Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: