Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Kobro

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:55:52 AM

I would like to point out that prior to the introduction of Bitcoin, crime rates are in a high world all the time.

Bitcoin is a technology-based invention that is intended to improve everyday human life, just like other current technological inventions.

It's unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way, so it's a gap to get criminals.

It is also because of its anonymity that facilitates tax evasion, illegal money transfers, payments, and illegal transaction financing. Subjects can exchange to Bitcoin and then via electronic wallets to transfer money overseas in an instant without losing fees, this method is convenient and much cheaper than bank transfer but can clean the tracks quickly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamechangers

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:16:57 PM

Indeed, we can't but have this kind of situation.  Anything that have advantages must surely have disadvantages. Fiat currencies also have huge number of disadvantages.
I always knew that the perpetrators of financial cime will see cryptocurrency as a safe haven and this is a disadvantage.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:57:18 PM

The company of bitcoin hates the criminality, most especially if there services used as a medium in fraudulent activities. The bitcoin provides a whole security to ensure that this things will not happen.
Angletim

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Yes, now a lot of criminals because of the currency dispersion and anonymity and select the currency as a crime of money, so they find it hard to through the capital flow to query any trace of the criminals. But only a fraction of criminals use bitcoin.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:46:54 PM

The presence of bitcoin certainly gives freedom to anyone to use bitcoin, even for criminal activities and transactions, but I think this is not a bitcoin error but from people who use bitcoin.
For me there are some point that criminality and bitcoin can do together by many criminals in this wolrd,  and we also know that bitcoin is open for everyone, so for me it has a chance that in the future many criminals is we will learn  to used bitcoin for doing illegal transaction.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:28:39 PM

I like to point out that before the introduction of the BTC, crime rate was at an all-time high world over. Taking the BTC away wouldn't curb crime in any way. Just to mention, isn't fiat money used for crime as well. If they are saying that the decentralized nature of the BTC makes it difficult for them to track crime sources, how much have they done to track crime sources carried out via fiat money? As a matter of fact, crime perpetrators can use any means to commit crime and not just the BTC. The BTC is a technology-based invention that is meant to improve the daily lives of humans, just as every other technological invention today. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. The problem is not the BTC. It is the people. I think this point is just as detractive as every other reason that jealous people are giving against the BTC. Thanks for sharing though.
It is equally good for those who are converting all their money to the bitcoin as a saving and as way of getting fast profit, Anonymity is good for user because bitcoin is nothing without good profit so if people will use the anonymity of bitcoin for bad or for some crime act then bitcoin is not responsible for it but all people have different mentality in this regard, so for me bitcoin has no connection with the criminal mind set of people I use bitcoin for earning and earn high profit with bitcoin every month.
IsabelCornd

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:55:58 PM

Bitcoin is using by criminals mostly than other currencies but it's just because of difficult tracking. People used think that if criminals using something it's becoming bad...criminals drinking water. Grin
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:43:50 AM

In my very own understanding bitcoin is not solely created to benefit from criminality, it just happens that many criminals find the usefulness of bitcoin to its business dealing to other criminals such as paying guns and ammunition using bitcoin and remain hidden in the eyes of the authority. I believed that bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies out there are made for the advancement of our society and for the fast transaction of sending and receiving payments with a minimal fee which most of our bank usually avoid to happen.
bakulsandal21

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:46:09 AM

Perhaps, but the rise and fall of criminality is not really because of bitcoin per se. Criminality is everywhere dude. All things are good unless used the other way around. Bitcoin is also good just like our fiat. However, fools use them otherwise.
ghsh

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:54:40 AM

The presence of bitcoin certainly gives freedom to anyone to use bitcoin, even for criminal activities and transactions, but I think this is not a bitcoin error but from people who use bitcoin.
For me there are some point that criminality and bitcoin can do together by many criminals in this wolrd,  and we also know that bitcoin is open for everyone, so for me it has a chance that in the future many criminals is we will learn  to used bitcoin for doing illegal transaction.

Because of the decentralized nature of Bitcoin, it is not only a means for these hackers to commit crimes, but also an important tool for large criminal groups to use for money laundering, and some bitcoin trading platforms have also become money laundering. White agency.
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:06:56 AM

I don't think so that Bitcoin added criminality in this world so much that police can't control. A lot of modern technology are invented that had bad side, like in social media a lot of bad things happen when social media start, criminals once use social media to do illegal activities too, not maybe once it maybe still be use right now but do social media gut stop.. No, because in social media has a lots of good things that we can have.
tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:12:47 AM

I think the characteristics of bitcoin; Anonymity is the best tool for many criminals.

Not all criminals in the world have joined the technology. There are bad people and good people everywhere in the world. We can't say that bitcoin isn't good because it's based on how humans use it.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:15:52 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 10:59:16 AM by pushups44

Bitcoin is actually not anonymous but is instead pseudonymous. Many online criminals have long ago abandoned bitcoin in favor of Monero. Because the bitcoin blockchain is public, criminals using bitcoin are at risk of getting tracked.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:19:50 AM

Bitcoin is using by criminals mostly than other currencies but it's just because of difficult tracking. People used think that if criminals using something it's becoming bad...criminals drinking water. Grin
in a recent web attack bitcoin has been used a ransom payment we dont want to make this happen again but the mere fact that bitcoin has a big value manye people uses it in a wrong way. way that everybody may harm. they should know the good way but perhaps they always chooses the easiest way to earn.
Mia_pikachu

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:29:43 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
that is to be feared by the existence of bitcoin will be used for crime or fraud, this is what we must pay attention and must be careful, lest we get criminality or fraud on behalf of bitcoin, used by people who are less responsible.
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:39:26 AM

This can not be the wrong Bitcoin reason, because before Bitcoin existed for a long time the crime was already there and used a different way too,
Just like the recent Bank Skimming occurrence, What is a Bank of Skimming? or Is the Bank to blame?
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:00:28 AM

it is obvious that bitcoin will be used for criminal cases. This can not be avoided because bitcoin guarantees anonymity.

I think Just because bitcoin or cryptos used for illegal activities is not the right proof or statistic that bitcoin is the reason for more crime in the world.
The criminal activity has been linked to any currency for thousands of years, before money like shellfish, after the shell,
farmers are exploited for livestock, rather than paper money, gold, jewelry, and the like.
Yle725

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

Like every project out there, it can be use for good or evil things: 95% of banknotes has traces of cocayne; does it mean dollar is a bad project?

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:27:43 AM

I don't think that cryptocurrency is reason of it because it happen before cryptocurrency as well. we can not stop crime and money laundering. Criminals are not stupid people, they are complacent with their communications and use it to harm others, criminals are always looking for and using anything, bitcoin is an example, Although bitcoins bring a lot of benefits to our lives, they also benefit criminals.
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

No doubt and we cannot deny the fact that it can be used by the criminals. bitcoin is also used for a variety of illegal acts. Many of those who can not think positive, bad people today use bitcoin because it is anonymous. They use it so that it can not be traced and investigated by the police. There should be a Rule made so that future users who use bitcoin illegally can be prosecuted legally.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: