Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Crash21

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:24:42 PM

It's obvious that criminals will try use currency that can't be tracked by government and police. Bitcoin is good for it and also expencive but it doesn't matter for default users i think.
nandamo

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:10:08 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Let say BTC played a role in criminality but is it the only reason or factor why it's getting worse? Lets remove BTC on the picture, does UK metropolitan Police doing their job properly? If the population is growing the crime rate also grow.  I think instead of looking at the bad side of the picture (cryptocurrency) look at the brighter side of it.
popoyuyun

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:12:29 PM

It will happen, that was and will be in the future. People want a better life and some of them could do anything to change their life for the better. So they're making scams and steal goods.
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:23:45 PM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
maybe in some point OP is right ,he had mentioned that criminalities increase with the presence of bitcoin,since the anonymity of this coins are indeed to unmasked those criminals using this coin..but your right mate when you said that criminal activities ate there even the bitcoin has been created so maybe its the advantage and dis advante of this coin is the issue here,and let the cat catch the rat in due time

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:28:49 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Let say BTC played a role in criminality but is it the only reason or factor why it's getting worse? Lets remove BTC on the picture, does UK metropolitan Police doing their job properly? If the population is growing the crime rate also grow.  I think instead of looking at the bad side of the picture (cryptocurrency) look at the brighter side of it.

crimes and illegal activities will always be there because they are part of the of chain. Not only in crypto or digital world but also in real life , we cant totally stop them all but we can rather minimize the risk of having them by being aware and to be more cautious whatver we do. besides police and cyber crime unit will always do their duty in order to stop these badass from spreading on the web.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:39:52 PM

The news seems legit and correct, but I assumed that bitcoin is currently used on both good and bad activities. In the bitcoin early years, it is mostly used on illegal activities than good activities, it is just mean that as time goes by, there are increasing number of people that use bitcoin in good and bad. The problem is just what is the ratio of both, but it seems that most of bitcoin transaction is for the betterment of others rather than its opposite.
khelan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 04:56:34 PM

bitcoin is like made for criminal... No proof No spying No tracibility which helps for perfect crime. now there is monero Which is more secure purely not tracable. So criminals transactions are going smoothly on blockchain
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:59:15 PM

Crypto with its anonymous service gives a huge chances for illegal money transactions. Im not that guy who gotta tell u about it cos everybody already knows it.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:39:10 AM

all newcomers and new technologies will generate two positive and negative uses that depend on personal and group usage and intentions so that everything will be possible and so easy that we can only predict and monitor what if a crime is required to be brought to the authorities if it harms us. .
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:24:12 PM

Hi there Xester, yes I believe in that long time age before I even engaged to bitcoin. That is one the reason why I didn’t stat early in bitcoin. There are so many news scattered on the internet about the source of fund or income by those who are performing illegal activities like selling drugs, guns and the like. But those days are gone, silk road were been wiped out, but still there are hackers who usually ask for cryptocurrency payment. I just want to face to the positive side of bitcoin, and its capability to help our generation.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:24:22 PM

At first I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. How could they got an interest in a internet govern money while most of terrorist and criminals prefer cash over an electronic money. But then I realize there are cyber criminal which commonly called as hacker. Maybe their high IQ leads them to use cryptocurrencies due to it anonymity and innovation. Bitcoin open ups the door for those criminals to conduct services thru bitcoin. I think this is an advantage atleast there are concrete people who support bitcoin even they are used in illegal activities.
PatyZante

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:11:59 PM

Well my take on this is, criminality is already in our midst long before Bitcoin. so it is unfair that we are tagging it to Bitcoin. I cannot deny that fact that yes Bitcoin can be used by criminals in their illegal or bad doings but that doesn't make Bitcoin bad. I believe that some people, mostly those who are against Bitcoin are doing black propaganda to make Bitcoin look bad so they will not use it at all. Don't blame it to Bitcoin, criminality is there due to people's bad, greedy, selfish nature or behavior. Would our government ban a knife because it can be used to do a crime, I don't think so?   

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
haster100

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:34:52 PM

Criminal activities are related to currency. Each type of crime uses different currencies for different purposes. It is not surprise that bitcoin is related to criminals. Bitcoins are used in criminal activities because of the activities that take place on the internet, the government is difficult to detect.
Ahsadahmed

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:05:44 PM

I do not think bitcoin encourage people to be criminal or increase its activity. 
Coinky

Activity: 165
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

I don't think so.Crime and criminals existed for centuries,even before bitcoin existing.Bitcoin may be used by some criminals and it is very negligible percentage.

::::I DON'T WEAR ANY SIGNATURE:::
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:14:03 PM

If you look at what drugs are bought for, weapons, then what to prohibit fiat money, and even controlling money, the crusaders find ways to bypass the system! The question is how to control this process more!
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:14:32 PM

Bitcoin is a good platform for investing and making money, but at the same time criminal people use the crypto market for money transfer. They are hidden because of the centralized crypt money. They try to reach the crypto wallets to commit a cyber crime.
Bitcoin has long been not the main coin used by criminals. There are many other coins that make it better than bitcoin. For example a monero.
Kleo-kripto

Activity: 220

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:41:52 PM

Bitcoin is a good platform for investing and making money, but at the same time criminal people use the crypto market for money transfer. They are hidden because of the centralized crypt money. They try to reach the crypto wallets to commit a cyber crime.
Bitcoin has long been not the main coin used by criminals. There are many other coins that make it better than bitcoin. For example a monero.
Agree! Bitcoin and some other crypto-currencies are widely used by criminal communities and it is difficult to cope with such things, even at the state level, since crypto-currencies were created for anonymity.

MURR AGENCY services will promote your crypto-project on YouTube worldwide. More than 1000 video bloggers from different countries will tell your story!
https://murragency.com/en
camilojunior1

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:55:25 PM

if you look at what drugs are bought for, weapons, then what to prohibit fiat money, and even controlling money, the crusaders find ways to bypass the system the question should be how to control this process more..
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:13:33 PM

Will,everything existence in this world have a good purpose,for goodness of human kind and improvement of the economy,but this happen about the cryptocurrency that be used in many crimes  and accusing as the main reason why the criminality in other country is  rapidly increasing actually its a big accusation,because since from the beginning of the creation when the digital currency is still in progress criminality and illegal activities  is already existing and they only syndicated the cryptocurrency that the mainstream of all this chaos,because the thruth bitcoin is created for the goodness of the economic growth.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: