Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:23:19 PM

Terrahash, we really need an update now, especially for assembly order which has chips already shipped (me)

- Where should chips be shipped to?
- Are you still sticking to two weeks turnaround time from the time when you received chips? Would your board design and assembly line be ready?

Assuming two weeks for chips in transit, that means I should be mining in FOUR weeks? (finger crossed Smiley

Don't expect update.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:17:48 PM

My current speculation on when Avalon chips will arrive for folks:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260557.0
photon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:59:15 PM

From TerraHash's website on the assembly-only product order page:
"After placing the order, please send the relevant amount of chips to us. Instructions for sending chips will be available after your place the order."

However, no "instructions for sending chips" have been made available. We are still waiting for them and, now that it seems chips are shipping, anyone with assembly-only orders is understandably curious. I think an update with instructions for sending chips should be made available, as they stated.

Terrahash, we really need an update now, especially for assembly order which has chips already shipped (me)

- Are you still sticking to two weeks turnaround time from the time when you received chips? Would your board design and assembly line be ready?

Assuming two weeks for chips in transit, that means I should be mining in FOUR weeks? (finger crossed Smiley

No Terrahash we really don't need to hear from you, because your website clearly states:

Terms and Conditions: Shipping dates depend upon when we receive the chips from you. Once we have your chips, we will ship your order within 2 weeks.

Also your website has your shipping address where to ship chips so that is covered also.

joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:04:48 PM

"After placing the order, please send the relevant amount of chips to us. Instructions for sending chips will be available after your place the order."

However, no "instructions for sending chips" have been made available. We are still waiting for them and, now that it seems chips are shipping, anyone with assembly-only orders is understandably curious. I think an update with instructions for sending chips should be made available, as they stated.

No Terrahash we really don't need to hear from you, because your website clearly states:

Terms and Conditions: Shipping dates depend upon when we receive the chips from you. Once we have your chips, we will ship your order within 2 weeks.

Also your website has your shipping address where to ship chips so that is covered also.

Then they are not likely ready for your chips since they just ordered Boards that would make perfect sense.

hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:21:00 PM

Then they are not likely ready for your chips since they just ordered Boards that would make perfect sense.

Then they are probably not going to hit the two weeks turnaround time.
That's why we need confirmation from Zefir.
From knight's second visit pics, it seems like the prototype boards that they have is the same as the first visit. How does that reflect to the real timeline nobody knows.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

hchc

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:23:13 PM

Instructions For Sending Your Avalon Chips To TerraHash

If your order contains any products for which you need to send us the Avalon Chips for assembly, please follow these instructions:

Please calculate the required number of chips and send them to this address:

1800 Wyatt Drive,
Suite 15
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Please make sure to either mark your order number clearly on the package. Or, write your order number on a piece of paper and put it inside the package.

We won’t be able to help you if you don’t follow these instructions.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

hchc

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:39:48 PM

We will start taking reservations for Avalon ASIC assembly using the Klondike design (K64 and K16) tomorrow (Tuesday, July 23, 2013) at 10:00 am (PST).  You need to deposit only 5% to reserve your spot. We will accept both Bitcoin and PayPal for this.

You will have to pay the final balance in full before we can start processing your order. Instructions for sending the chips are available on the orders page (login into your account, and click on "View Orders", or click on any order.)

Hi Terrahash, you seems to be emphasizing assembly-order for the last couple of post. Does that have any implications for already existing asembly-order? I guess those will be first in line? (me Smiley
And at this point are you still planning 2 weeks turnaround time from the time you received chips (which will be very soon)? Thanks.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:20:15 PM

https://terrahash.com/avalon-asic-assembly-reservation/ there you go
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:18:13 PM

Hmm is everything still on schedule?

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:26:57 PM

Hmm is everything still on schedule?

What is your understanding of what the "Schedule" is?

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

Matched deadlines of incoming part shipments at this point.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:31:00 PM

Matched deadlines of incoming part shipments at this point.

Expect TH to get their chips on August 12 (+/- a day)

If your order is in batch 1, hopefully they will ship your items 2 weeks from that date
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:43:52 PM

Hi Joe,

Interesting.  How accurate would you label your chip delivery estimates?

With an August 12th delivery, and stated 2 week delivery turnaround, it would appear we would miss our original deadline of August 15th by about 2 weeks.  Wonder if we'll hear an update regarding revised delivery estimates soon. 

-JC
joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Hi Joe,

Interesting.  How accurate would you label your chip delivery estimates?

With an August 12th delivery, and stated 2 week delivery turnaround, it would appear we would miss our original deadline of August 15th by about 2 weeks.  Wonder if we'll hear an update regarding revised delivery estimates soon. 

-JC

My estimates are ONLY based on two orders placed and two orders received that both took an average of 93.5 days to ship/arrive.

I could be 100% wrong on every order after that.

I will keep refining as others get theirs.

Do NOT cancel orders based on my estimates  Grin
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:11:29 PM

Hi Joe,

Interesting.  How accurate would you label your chip delivery estimates?

With an August 12th delivery, and stated 2 week delivery turnaround, it would appear we would miss our original deadline of August 15th by about 2 weeks.  Wonder if we'll hear an update regarding revised delivery estimates soon.  

-JC

My estimates are ONLY based on two orders placed and two orders received that both took an average of 93.5 days to ship/arrive.

Do NOT cancel orders based on my estimates  Grin
Whats all this batch 1 stuff? TH said they had enough chips coming in to fill all pre orders within the estimated ship time of mid august....regardless of que number....

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:32:09 PM

According to posts in this thread, the Chips were purchased in separate orders ( batches).  You can assume that they won't all arrive in the same day.   So some orders will not be able to be filled from the first batch ad have to be filled from the subsequent ones. Tongue  I wouldn't worry about it too much until the expected ship date passes.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:45:00 PM

According to posts in this thread, the Chips were purchased in separate orders ( batches).  You can assume that they won't all arrive in the same day.   So some orders will not be able to be filled from the first batch ad have to be filled from the subsequent ones. Tongue  I wouldn't worry about it too much until the expected ship date passes.
Maybe I dreamnt it,,,lol, but somewhere I read that TH had purchased an additional 20k chips locally (CA) and had paid a premium for them as a means to be able to ship all pre orders as promised...help me out here I know i read that  Huh

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:47:38 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much until the expected ship date passes.
Kind of.  If chips don't arrive on/before or at least real close to the first, TH's ship date goes out the window per the 2 week assembly time.  If joe's estimates are right (let's hope not Wink ) that will put some folks into September or October before getting their orders.

I believe the additional 20k chips purchased were in the form of purchased orders, not actual chips in hand, meaning they will be waiting for those orders to be delivered in addition to the orders they had previously placed.  I am not 100% but that is how I read it.
joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:48:47 PM

Hi Joe,

Interesting.  How accurate would you label your chip delivery estimates?

With an August 12th delivery, and stated 2 week delivery turnaround, it would appear we would miss our original deadline of August 15th by about 2 weeks.  Wonder if we'll hear an update regarding revised delivery estimates soon.  

-JC

Do NOT cancel orders based on my estimates  Grin
Whats all this batch 1 stuff? TH said they had enough chips coming in to fill all pre orders within the estimated ship time of mid august....regardless of que number....

Whoa what's all this batch stuff??

Seriously?  Have you been reading this thread? Seen the list of orders and the breakdown of devices to chip orders??

Realize that all the chips were not ordered on the same day? So they won't show up the same day?!?

If you were one of the first orders your chips will likely be in on August 12th (estimated)
If you were some of the last orders chips won't be in until around Sept 22nd (estimated)

(see estimates here:)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260557.0

So basically there are three chip orders which will have subsequent device batches.
So if you were a late order you will likely get your device over a month later.

By the way, these are ALL my opinions and they do not reflect what reality TH wishes to instill and the chips may all arrive earlier and I may be talking out my ass.

joeventura

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:49:43 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much until the expected ship date passes.
Kind of.  If chips don't arrive on/before or at least real close to the first, TH's ship date goes out the window per the 2 week assembly time.  If joe's estimates are right (let's hope not Wink ) that will put some folks into September or October before getting their orders.

I believe the additional 20k chips purchased were in the form of purchased orders, not actual chips in hand, meaning they will be waiting for those orders to be delivered in addition to the orders they had previously placed.  I am not 100% but that is how I read it.

Yes let's hope I am 100% bass ackwards!!
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: