Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:51:23 PM

According to posts in this thread, the Chips were purchased in separate orders ( batches).  You can assume that they won't all arrive in the same day.   So some orders will not be able to be filled from the first batch ad have to be filled from the subsequent ones. Tongue  I wouldn't worry about it too much until the expected ship date passes.
Maybe I dreamnt it,,,lol, but somewhere I read that TH had purchased an additional 20k chips locally (CA) and had paid a premium for them as a means to be able to ship all pre orders as promised...help me out here I know i read that  Huh

All chips were ordered from the manufacturer, the orders were photographed last week and are referenced by the nice gentlemen who visited their office.

AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:38:21 AM

Tell me, who is the people that are working with terrahash?

Who can voice the opinions and work of terrahash?

Basically what I'm asking is, terrahash doesn't say much here, but a few has a lot to say about what is going on. I'm new to following the works of terrahash, I thought things were ready to order about a month ago (till i looked into it more)

I don't mind waiting, i see no scamming going on yet (unlike some paranoid people claiming it all a scam), but if people are claiming to work for terrahash and taking money/coins off people, i'd like to know who is and isn't working/helping terrahash and who is/planning to scam people.

Sorry to throw this wrench in the works here, but I Would like to know who to listen to (knowing that terrahash is busy working on this project).
joeventura

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:20:13 AM

Tell me, who is the people that are working with terrahash?

Who can voice the opinions and work of terrahash?

Basically what I'm asking is, terrahash doesn't say much here, but a few has a lot to say about what is going on. I'm new to following the works of terrahash, I thought things were ready to order about a month ago (till i looked into it more)

I don't mind waiting, i see no scamming going on yet (unlike some paranoid people claiming it all a scam), but if people are claiming to work for terrahash and taking money/coins off people, i'd like to know who is and isn't working/helping terrahash and who is/planning to scam people.

Sorry to throw this wrench in the works here, but I Would like to know who to listen to (knowing that terrahash is busy working on this project).

Terrahash is who you should "listen to"

Who you should believe.....   Huh

The rest of us are just speculating.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:21:17 AM

Hi Joe,

Interesting.  How accurate would you label your chip delivery estimates?

With an August 12th delivery, and stated 2 week delivery turnaround, it would appear we would miss our original deadline of August 15th by about 2 weeks.  Wonder if we'll hear an update regarding revised delivery estimates soon.  

-JC

My estimates are ONLY based on two orders placed and two orders received that both took an average of 93.5 days to ship/arrive.

I could be 100% wrong on every order after that.

I will keep refining as others get theirs.

Do NOT cancel orders based on my estimates  Grin

Whats all this batch 1 stuff? TH said they had enough chips coming in to fill all pre orders within the estimated ship time of mid august....regardless of que number....

Whoa what's all this batch stuff??

Seriously?  Have you been reading this thread? Seen the list of orders and the breakdown of devices to chip orders??

Realize that all the chips were not ordered on the same day? So they won't show up the same day?!?

If you were one of the first orders your chips will likely be in on August 12th (estimated)
If you were some of the last orders chips won't be in until around Sept 22nd (estimated)

(see estimates here:)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260557.0

So basically there are three chip orders which will have subsequent device batches.
So if you were a late order you will likely get your device over a month later.

By the way, these are ALL my opinions and they do not reflect what reality TH wishes to instill and the chips may all arrive earlier and I may be talking out my ass.

lol I like that disclaimer at the end there Joe! ya lets hope your wrong,,,but???

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
joeventura

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:29:38 AM

I hope I am as wrong as I can be!!

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:33:33 AM

sorry, this is a little late and I'm sure you've already made your choice, but the comment about "I don't care about power $ or noise" prompted me to drop my 2 cents in here...

I just recently bought one of these seasonic 1000W platinum PSU's and I absolutely love it so far (will have to wait 7 years to see if it out-lives its warranty, lol)

For me, $ was also not an issue, and this is not a cheap PSU, so I'm sure there might be a better value for the dollar. But when considering the cost and availability of a power supply vs the kind of hardware we are powering, it does not make sense to me to skimp on a PSU... Also, heat and efficiency (they kind of go hand-in-hand) are a big deal for me, and this PSU is simply excellent in that regard.

I cannot recommend any other PSU as highly as this one. If anyone has an opinion of a better 1000W (or higher) PSU, please bring it to my attention. Thanks.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:36:06 AM

Zefir Batch 2      4/19/13      7/22/13
Zefir Batch 3      4/20/13      7/23/13
Zefir Batch 4      4/24/13      7/27/13
Zefir Batch 5      4/28/13      7/31/13
Zefir Batch 6&7      4/30/13      8/2/13
Steamboat Batch 1   5/1/13      8/3/13
Terrahash Batch 1   5/10/13      8/12/13
Steamboat Batch 2   5/11/13      8/13/13
Terrahash Batch 2   5/18/13      8/20/13
Steamboat Batch 3   5/22/13      8/24/13
Steamboat Batch 4   5/28/13      8/30/13
Steamboat Batch 5   6/5/13      9/7/13
Terrahash Batch 3   6/20/13      9/22/13
Steamboat Batch 6   7/6/13      10/8/13

this is nice Smiley so what is chip count in each order? Th 1 is 10k right? then 2 = 20k and 3 = 20k? but what or where is the 20k chips they bought from someone locally" that they paid a premium for coming from,,,in otherwords,,whos batch did they buy and when was it ordered? lol..still a mystery?....again they said they had enough coming in to cover ALL pre orders in time,,,so  Shocked

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:41:07 AM

sorry, this is a little late and I'm sure you've already made your choice, but the comment about "I don't care about power $ or noise" prompted me to drop my 2 cents in here...

I just recently bought one of these seasonic 1000W platinum PSU's and I absolutely love it so far (will have to wait 7 years to see if it out-lives its warranty, lol)

For me, $ was also not an issue, and this is not a cheap PSU, so I'm sure there might be a better value for the dollar. But when considering the cost and availability of a power supply vs the kind of hardware we are powering, it does not make sense to me to skimp on a PSU... Also, heat and efficiency (they kind of go hand-in-hand) are a big deal for me, and this PSU is simply excellent in that regard.

I cannot recommend any other PSU as highly as this one. If anyone has an opinion of a better 1000W (or higher) PSU, please bring it to my attention. Thanks.
wow thats sweet,,,,,Im sure you will sleep good at nite with that powering the your  klondikes! Im still looking at the options?...go cheap and risk frying my boards...lol, or drop a few extra bucks,,,and sleep better,,, Smiley

joeventura

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:44:00 AM

this is nice Smiley so what is chip count in each order? Th 1 is 10k right? then 2 = 20k and 3 = 20k? but what or where is the 20k chips they bought from someone locally" that they paid a premium for coming from,,,in otherwords,,whos batch did they buy and when was it ordered? lol..still a mystery?....again they said they had enough coming in to cover ALL pre orders in time,,,so  Shocked

I can refer you to the photos of the invoices that were posted last week for the counts of the orders.

Sorry still don't know about any mystery locally purchased chips.

Never heard such a thing sorry
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:54:10 AM

this is nice Smiley so what is chip count in each order? Th 1 is 10k right? then 2 = 20k and 3 = 20k? but what or where is the 20k chips they bought from someone locally" that they paid a premium for coming from,,,in otherwords,,whos batch did they buy and when was it ordered? lol..still a mystery?....again they said they had enough coming in to cover ALL pre orders in time,,,so  Shocked

I can refer you to the photos of the invoices that were posted last week for the counts of the orders.

Hi Joe. I've got some information for you about the 20k chip local buy. Amir told me about the additional 20k local purchase during my first visit and we talked about it for a moment during my 2nd visit. What I was told is that they bought 20k chips from an individual in the Bay Area and it's an order placed in early May. Amir said that they paid a premium for the extra chips to make sure that everyone's order would be in "Batch 1". He told me that everything was on schedule for them receive those chips at the same time as their own May orders. He also noted that they felt most of the April/May Avalon bulk orders would be shipped at the same time. I don't have any additional information beyond that.  Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:22:06 AM

Just sent out an email. We have secured two additional early-may orders of Avalon ASIC chips. We now have 40,000 chips (all ordered before May 16) which are enough to process all the orders that we received during our pre-order opening. If we get the Avalon chips by the end of this month, we will ship out all the orders by Mid August.

joe, where did you come up with TH order dates for your other thread?  If this is right then all chips should be in by mid-August?  Did I miss something?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:25:30 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 04:53:33 AM by MinermanNC

Hi Joe. I've got some information for you about the 20k chip local buy. Amir told me about the additional 20k local purchase during my first visit and we talked about it for a moment during my 2nd visit. What I was told is that they bought 20k chips from an individual in the Bay Area and it's an order placed in early May. Amir said that they paid a premium for the extra chips to make sure that everyone's order would be in "Batch 1". He told me that everything was on schedule for them receive those chips at the same time as their own May orders. He also noted that they felt most of the April/May Avalon bulk orders would be shipped at the same time. I don't have any additional information beyond that.  Smiley
Thanks KL for clearifying that for us,,,,I knew that was what was put out there to us...maybe via you,, so for now I am banking on what you were told Smiley by the way,  If i didnt thank you for your 2nd trip..Thank you!

Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:28:05 AM

On this page  I saw that this PSU has no 6-pin PCI-E connectors which are needed to power K16. Or did I miss if it's somehow possible to make a 6-pin out of 8-pin?
joeventura

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:36:56 AM

Just sent out an email. We have secured two additional early-may orders of Avalon ASIC chips. We now have 40,000 chips (all ordered before May 16) which are enough to process all the orders that we received during our pre-order opening. If we get the Avalon chips by the end of this month, we will ship out all the orders by Mid August.

joe, where did you come up with TH order dates for your other thread?  If this is right then all chips should be in by mid-August?  Did I miss something?

Here is where I came up with the order dates, in this very thread back about 6 pages knightlife999 visited TH and took pictures of the invoices.

Here is the link:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/knightlife999/library/?sort=3&page=1

I believe you did miss something in that the last order was placed more than a month and a half after the first order so thinking they will all be in Mid August may not be practical.

I could be wrong. And likely TH will not tell us everytime a new chip order shows up
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:29:59 PM

May 10, 10 k chips
May 18, 10 k chips
June 20' 20 k chips
Total 40 k

But terrahash said they have secured 2 additional early may orders.  so total chips before may 16 (maybe 18?) is 40 k. 

Terrahash has a total of 60 k chips? (40 k before may 16 and 20k June 20)

Here is where I came up with the order dates, in this very thread back about 6 pages knightlife999 visited TH and took pictures of the invoices.

Here is the link:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/knightlife999/library/?sort=3&page=1

I believe you did miss something in that the last order was placed more than a month and a half after the first order so thinking they will all be in Mid August may not be practical.

I could be wrong. And likely TH will not tell us everytime a new chip order shows up
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:54:23 PM

On this page  I saw that this PSU has no 6-pin PCI-E connectors which are needed to power K16. Or did I miss if it's somehow possible to make a 6-pin out of 8-pin?
Buy a splitter 8> 2 x 6 pin, and BKK says best to use 24 guage wire if possible...

joeventura

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:08:36 PM

Visiting Terrahash this Monday around 10:00am PST.

Don't think much has changed since the visit last week but good luck. Send pictures  Grin
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:57:10 PM

You mean coming Monday? Can you ask to see their assembly line where they will be putting together chips and boards?
Because if they are sticking by their two weeks turnaround, the assembly line better be ready by now as chips are incoming.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:01:48 PM

You mean coming Monday? Can you ask to see their assembly line where they will be putting together chips and boards?
Because if they are sticking by their two weeks turnaround, the assembly line better be ready by now as chips are incoming.

Take pictures of the chips that would truly impress me if you get 40k there, or even 20k.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:08:41 PM

Does anybody know the heatsink dimensions yet?  trying to plan out how I will mount these.  if not, could you add that to your list of things to find on Monday BG?
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: