Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
mrthundercleese

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:15:28 AM

We would love to hear your comments on this.
im in it for the long haul.

I trust you.

I concur with this sentiment. If it wasn't apparent from my prior comments I am in your corner TH. I'd prefer HW Instead of a refund so hopefully we can make that happen Smiley one way or another.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:17:24 AM

<update>

This is one of the best updates I have seen from you. Kudos, and keep that up along the way.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
crashzilla

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:20:51 AM

Please bring us good news next week.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:34:47 AM

Wonder if new project is with Btcgarden chips?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:44:54 AM

As much as I want to resist posting a reply to this crap, I am caving in.

Translation: I cant keep quiet any longer, as massive amounts of refunds requests.  I have to say something to try to stop legal action
- Salary
- Rent - phone line, internet, electricity
I said if their refunds happen good chance of salary being in it.... let me pretend to be shocked they list it as a expense.

Also as far as parts they claim as expenses.  There is NO photo proof such of PCB's and 100 cases and who knows what else.  This is the same company that claimed chip were bought and showed proof, then claimed they got out of it magically with a great clause that no seller would have given.

a) If you want 100% refund, you need to give us 3 months time. We fully acknowledge that we are legally required to issue a refund when asked. Legal issues aside, we ourselves want to do the right thing to maintain our credibility. But the fact is we do not have enough liquidity right now to process all the refund requests. If you are willing to settle for a partial refund right now, please contact us and we can work something out.
b) Keep your order with us. We deliver it within the promised time (2 weeks of receiving the chips). We will also give you a 20% (of your current order) credit for our next project which we will be announcing next week. This credit will be transferable (you can sell it if you want).

A) If they cannot refund 100 percent now take a look at future.  If you include salary, rent, it will only be less money to pay your refund.  Funnel that money out of that Inc. huh?
B)New project!  I got blasted for that as one of my guesses.... and guess what when they announce it preorders again!  

Anyways just watch out guys who still have orders, look at evidence, looking like BFL 2.0.  Except this company didn't even design their product BBK did that(BBK is a genius on boards nothing but respect for him he had nothing to do with TH failing).  Who will be R/D for next terahash project?
bsuperior2

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:45:38 AM

We have waited this long so i'm totally willing to wait a little longer.

Thanks for the update!! We look forward to hearing from you next week.

If you guys wish, I can bring up the refund issue with Yifu (in case he answers), and get the chips refunded. But we are heavily invested into this. The cases, custom heat sinks, PCBs, parts acquired at higher prices or acquired from secondary market are all non-refundable and impossible to sell. And since we ordered everything for 80,000 chips (40,000 our own and 40,000 anticipated assembly orders). So even with a refund from Avalon (which we highly doubt they will ever give), we might be able to give only a very small partial refund.

But as I said we are working on something new, I request all of you to be a little more patient. We are going to announce something very unique, very exciting and very affordable next week. We really can't give out much details as of now, but in our opinion this would essentially be the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

All of you know that we have demonstrated the ability to produce and run the boards. We were the first one to successfully assemble a K16, and we were the first to start mining with a fully assembled K16 as well. And we will again demonstrate the ability to mass produce boards once we get the chips.

In my opinion, instead of taking a decision of behalf of everyone and pressing Avalon for refunds, we give everyone the following options individually:

a) If you want 100% refund, you need to give us 3 months time. We fully acknowledge that we are legally required to issue a refund when asked. Legal issues aside, we ourselves want to do the right thing to maintain our credibility. But the fact is we do not have enough liquidity right now to process all the refund requests. If you are willing to settle for a partial refund right now, please contact us and we can work something out.
b) Keep your order with us. We deliver it within the promised time (2 weeks of receiving the chips). We will also give you a 20% (of your current order) credit for our next project which we will be announcing next week. This credit will be transferable (you can sell it if you want).

I hope you understand that we are doing this despite the fact that the current situation is NOT our fault. Everyone who ordered from us were totally aware of the risks involved. Also 20-25% was our average profit per order. So even with option 'b', we are willing to make 0 profit from this whole Avalon saga, just for the sake our next project and to maintain long-term credibility for our company.

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:07:42 AM

If you guys wish, I can bring up the refund issue with Yifu (in case he answers), and get the chips refunded. But we are heavily invested into this. The cases, custom heat sinks, PCBs, parts acquired at higher prices or acquired from secondary market are all non-refundable and impossible to sell. And since we ordered everything for 80,000 chips (40,000 our own and 40,000 anticipated assembly orders). So even with a refund from Avalon (which we highly doubt they will ever give), we might be able to give only a very small partial refund.

But as I said we are working on something new, I request all of you to be a little more patient. We are going to announce something very unique, very exciting and very affordable next week. We really can't give out much details as of now, but in our opinion this would essentially be the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

All of you know that we have demonstrated the ability to produce and run the boards. We were the first one to successfully assemble a K16, and we were the first to start mining with a fully assembled K16 as well. And we will again demonstrate the ability to mass produce boards once we get the chips.

In my opinion, instead of taking a decision of behalf of everyone and pressing Avalon for refunds, we give everyone the following options individually:

I hope you understand that we are doing this despite the fact that the current situation is NOT our fault. Everyone who ordered from us were totally aware of the risks involved. Also 20-25% was our average profit per order. So even with option 'b', we are willing to make 0 profit from this whole Avalon saga, just for the sake our next project and to maintain long-term credibility for our company.

Bring up the issue of getting the chips at a discount and see how that goes. Avalon broke the contract and you need to stand up for honoring it.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:12:07 AM

Finally. We are headed to repair the damage to your PR.
Please ensure this is a promise kept.

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:20:38 AM

I'll wait for my hardware. Thanks for being so forthcoming Amir. I'm looking forward to getting my boards. Hopefully Bitsyncom will ship the chips in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing what your next project will be!

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:26:50 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 05:06:38 AM by AtomSea

but in our opinion this would essentially be the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

This perked my ear  Shocked
Given your engineering success to date - I am quite interested in what this is.

I must admit, your communication with your customers is improving. If it gets near your technical abilities you will really have a strong shot of coming out on top of this asics boom  Smiley

I will not be requesting any refunds.
The work of BKKcoin on the Klondike board, and so many others in the open-source movement, including Terrahash engineers, deserve my modest investment to help keep Bitcoin mining decentralized and developers, well, developing Cheesy

Even if I only ROI 50%, I have seen this, and will continue to see this, as an ability to learn asics while getting to know the field and contribute to the best open-source asics (board) project to date.

I feel this is all just getting rolling.

Next, I would love to see work done on an open-source chip that is highly energy efficient, uses sustainable processes, doesn't include toxic elements, has fair-trade status to ensure foundry workers are being paid properly, and a plan for end-of-life equipment recycling - on top of an already open-source board design - THEN mined using wind/solar/geothermal and unicorn farts. It would be this idealistic hippies' dream Roll Eyes

Remember, this may be a sprint - but it's also a marathon - we need to be wise  Cool

I look forward to what the future holds.

Peace.
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:33:14 AM

Yifu wrote back to zefir
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3035535#msg3035535

Yifu is open to chip refund.  

Terrahash should get a refund.

Wait for bitsyncom to offer their chips at a discount and buy it back.

Terrahash can then Distribute the discount to their customer.  Smiley

so wait 6 more weeks so the chips are really not worth their price at all and have no way to ROI just to get a slight discount?

If bitsyncom is stuck with hundreds of thousands of chips (in stock ) due to refunds, He might sell it at a deep discount so that the buyer can get a positive roi.
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:54:28 AM

I'm ok with b. as long as your next project is not a pre-selling. 

You get 0 profit.   We, Your customers, will not roi.   Both of us took a risk and lost.  (Only bitsyncom wins).
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:56:47 AM

I'm ok with b) also for my K-64s.  I knew and accepted the risks going into this...
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:44:57 AM

Great to hear news from you, I appreciate this!

Regarding a) if payment was in Bitcoins how will you refund, dollars or bitcoins?

It seems best thing to do right now is wait until next week to see what are you up to!

Cheers.
threedrules

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:11:13 AM

I Will wait  Cheesy
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:17:29 AM

Great to hear news from you, I appreciate this!

Regarding a) if payment was in Bitcoins how will you refund, dollars or bitcoins?

It seems best thing to do right now is wait until next week to see what are you up to!

Cheers.

I would assume (yea, we all know that's a mistake Grin) a BTC refund would be based on dollar value of BTC at the time of refund.  TH please correct me if I am wrong.

i.e.  You paid $x worth of BTC in June, you will get whatever that $x is worth in BTC when they process the refund.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like the only fair way.  To just refund the exact amount of BTC you paid leaves somebody holding the bag.  If BTC goes down people will whine about losing money on their 100% refund, and if BTC goes up TH will have to refund more value than was paid.  I would be surprised if they refunded your BTC in dollars.  Just my 2 satoshis  Tongue

For option A, is that 3 months from the order date, or from now?  Just to clarify....  The way I see it, it's option B for those who paid in BTC.  At least for now   Smiley  I am curious to see what this announcement next week will consist of though...
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:40:57 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 10:56:01 AM by BitCsByBit

There are others. Maybe Labcoin chip as it will be superior and cheaper per GH than the Btcgarden chip or maybe even Avalon Gen2 chip Shocked

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
klee
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:41:21 AM

There are others. Maybe Labcoin chip as it will be superiour and cheaper per GH than the Btcgarden chip or maybe even Avalon Gen2 chip Shocked
HashFast? Cointerra? Let's see!!
klee
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:42:27 AM

F@ck, I want a board with all the chips: KnC, HF, Avalon, BTCGarden, Cointerra, Labcoin even BFL ahhahaha  Tongue
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:49:33 AM

What if chips from Avalon never shows up and three months from now you have that project in hand, is it possible that you will replace our orders with the new project?
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: