Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:48:38 PM

10 mins left terrahash.

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

Was the timer set on 2 weeks? Felt like the timer was set wrong

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 11:05:43 PM

Was the timer set on 2 weeks? Felt like the timer was set wrong

You might be thinking about this:

Where is Terrahash? They are not responding to emails, tickets, voice call (mail box still not setup).
They are obviously monitoring the forum though.

Let it be known that Terrahash has my chips today. So the two weeks clock starts now.
I need to know what size and spec of fan to buy but I can't find the info as terrahash is not responding to anything.

Looks like someone called TH's bluff.
Now we will see...

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-13+24:00:00EDT

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:08:21 PM

Why don't you guys complaining make your own Avalon boards?  I mean it can't be that hard right?  Look at all of the other companies with working boards..... wait how many have a K16 or a K64 hashing?  Did you forget who had the first hashing K16 and who BKK himself said is in good shape for when the chips arrive?

I swear you guys must post hoping to get others to cancel so you can move up in the queue.

You realize  TH never has had a PROPER working K16.  They showed a video once much later then they announced they had it working, with it running slower then spec and to much HW errors.   And they announced they were working on a K64.... dont see anything about that.  In months they have never posted a proper working sample.

And TH didnt make thier own Avalon boards...... BBK is the hardware genius who designed it.  TH at this point has made their own anything.  I think the only queue anyone needs to be worried about is refund one with TH.
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:13:42 PM

Why don't you guys complaining make your own Avalon boards?  I mean it can't be that hard right?  Look at all of the other companies with working boards..... wait how many have a K16 or a K64 hashing?  Did you forget who had the first hashing K16 and who BKK himself said is in good shape for when the chips arrive?

I swear you guys must post hoping to get others to cancel so you can move up in the queue.

You realize  TH never has had a PROPER working K16.  They showed a video once much later then they announced they had it working, with it running slower then spec and to much HW errors.   And they announced they were working on a K64.... dont see anything about that.  In months they have never posted a proper working sample.

And TH didnt make thier own Avalon boards...... BBK is the hardware genius who designed it.  TH at this point has made their own anything.  I think the only queue anyone needs to be worried about is refund one with TH.
yes we need bkk to finish the firmware then all will be fine.
krayzie32

Activity: 479

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

Why don't you guys complaining make your own Avalon boards?  I mean it can't be that hard right?  Look at all of the other companies with working boards..... wait how many have a K16 or a K64 hashing?  Did you forget who had the first hashing K16 and who BKK himself said is in good shape for when the chips arrive?

You realize  TH never has had a PROPER working K16.  They showed a video once much later then they announced they had it working, with it running slower then spec and to much HW errors.   And they announced they were working on a K64.... dont see anything about that.  In months they have never posted a proper working sample.

And TH didnt make thier own Avalon boards...... BBK is the hardware genius who designed it.  TH at this point has made their own anything.  I think the only queue anyone needs to be worried about is refund one with TH.

Actually terrahash's board is not the same as BKKs as per BKK but I wouldn't expect you to do any research yourself.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
btceic

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 11:33:04 PM

Actually terrahash's board is not the same as BKKs as per BKK but I wouldn't expect you to do any research yourself.

But it is based upon BKK's design, which terrahash said they will be paying a royalty to BKK for every board they produce.

Terrahash has done almost nothing as of yet, but take peoples money, build a website and show a video of 1 k16 that is not functioning correctly.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:36:15 AM

You apparently have no idea what you are talking about as it is not as simple as copy paste schematics. You really do have a raging boner for Terrahash though, your obsession with them failing cannot be good for your health.

Bar, you're quite cute in that cheerleader skirt, it fits you well!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:49:34 AM

You apparently have no idea what you are talking about as it is not as simple as copy paste schematics. You really do have a raging boner for Terrahash though, your obsession with them failing cannot be good for your health.

Bar, you're quite cute in that cheerleader skirt, it fits you well!

I admit as a former customer treated so bad, my opinion isn't the same as some others.  It seems from your post's you and TH have had great business.  Not sure what they provided you for your loyalty.  But I am glad someone is happy with their purchase.

I don't have a obsession luckily with TH.  Just more of like if you see a car wreck you look as you drive by.   And with this new announcement the wreck is going to be a pileup.  Just hope fewest customers lose cash as possible.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:26:50 AM

good luck boys.

I have 100% back-- i tried desperately to provide terrahash guidance in project management,public relations, and supply chain management... but it all fell on deaf ears. I cannot save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 12:36:08 PM

Justin,
Is this you?

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=252186120

Why wouldn't you add your role as CEO at Terrahash?

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:59:01 PM

Glad you guys  are getting along nicely without me. Just wanted to say Hi.

I was prompted back here by a post moderated by TH today. seems he is having a clear out of unwanted posts..

I have avoided putting my two peneth worth here to let you boys get on with it.

Am sure this too will get deleted but just wanted you too know that things are no longer above board on this thread..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:04:13 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 03:46:33 PM by btceic

Glad you guys  are getting along nicely without me. Just wanted to say Hi.

I was prompted back here by a post moderated by TH today. seems he is having a clear out of unwanted posts..

Am sure this too will get deleted but just wanted you too know that things are no longer above board on this thread..

This isn't a self moderated thread..... How would you post get "deleted"

I know btceic was clearing out his self moderated thread and deleting post, maybe that's where yours was?

More than likely, I just sent him a pm about it.

edit: to clarify, yes i was cleaning that thread up.

southerngentuk

Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:08:28 PM

Glad you guys  are getting along nicely without me. Just wanted to say Hi.

This isn't a self moderated thread..... How would you post get "deleted"

I know btceic was clearing out his self moderated thread and deleting post, maybe that's where yours was?

More than likely, I just sent him a pm about it.

OK, the message I got was not very clear. My apologies it is probably my mistake.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
newguy05

Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:58:06 PM

Just want to throw this out there, does anyone in this thread realize the TH hardware is already no longer profitable?

Using the most optimistic parameters:

1) You receive your hardware in 2 weeks = starting difficulty: 88,709,362
2) Hardware cost:  $10500 for 180 GH
3) Difficulty increase of only 15%  (last was 30%, upcoming 30+% for sure, and that's just a preview the bulk of the hash power hasnt even hit yet until later this year)

Using the above, you are still looking at negative cash after 1 year of mining.  

The chance of you having the hardware in hand in 2 weeks from my understanding so far is close to zero also.  I dont understand why people are still hoping for the hardware instead of refund - they are DOA in my view.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:11:45 PM

Just want to throw this out there, does anyone in this thread realize the TH hardware is already no longer profitable?

Using the most optimistic parameters:

1) You receive your hardware in 2 weeks = starting difficulty: 88,709,362
2) Hardware cost:  $10500 for 180 GH
3) Difficulty increase of only 15%  (last was 30%, upcoming 30+% for sure, and that's just a preview the bulk of the hash power hasnt even hit yet until later this year)

Using the above, you are still looking at negative cash after 1 year of mining.  

The chance of you having the hardware in hand in 2 weeks from my understanding so far is close to zero also.  I dont understand why people are still hoping for the hardware instead of refund - they are DOA in my view.

and if btc is 250 Huh? Calcs can only tell you about that day.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

They had to meet that Aug 15 delivery deadline to be profitable - just two weeks later and they were unprofitable.

You should never factor an increase in BTC price to determine profitability. If you need BTC price to increase to make ROI then you lost out by not buying bitcoins instead.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:50:11 PM

They had to meet that Aug 15 delivery deadline to be profitable - just two weeks later and they were unprofitable.

You should never factor an increase in BTC price to determine profitability. If you need BTC price to increase to make ROI then you lost out by not buying bitcoins instead.

I would have to say this depends on how long your time preference is.

Personally, I'd like to see dollars measured against the bitcoin someday, rather than the other way 'round. If that were to occur, $250/BTC would be chump change. Were the Federal Reserve and/or the FDIC to pull the kind of stunt that the EU central bank and the Cypriot banks pulled off, that would cause a mass exodus from the dollar, and the Cypriot example is still fresh in the mind of people with a much wider focus than bitcoin. Sure, the massive runup on the price of the bitcoin went back down, as bubbles inevitably will, but the hedge against the confiscation of funds WORKED for a lot of people who otherwise would have lost a lot more than they did. Cyprus is pretty small, but the example still stands.

While I still see gold as a more solid investment for those with a long time preference, it has some weaknesses that bitcoin don't. (that sword definitely has two edges). One of the strengths of Bitcoin, perhaps it's only valid one against precious metals, is that it's damn near impossible to confiscate an encrypted wallet. That's what made it a safe haven for the people of cyprus, and that is part of what makes it attractive as a growth investment.

I see the biggest problem of bitcoin primarily being general acceptance, which all of us should be exercising our brains and talents to change. Else mining will become useless. There needs to be more and easier ways to use it DIRECTLY as money, not just a few vendors and a few services. It needs to become as ubiquitous as VISA. There are some technical hurdles to this, outside of internet sales, due to the time of confirmation and some other things, but I am confident that the talent pool represented by this community is capable of overcoming them.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

If you need btc to go to 250 to make a profit, then you'll make more money just buying btc rather than waiting on a miner to mine the btc.

Buy & Hold
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:01:29 PM

There's seems to allready ongoin some refunds from Bitsyncom:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3053552#msg3053552

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3053704#msg3053704

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3053440#msg3053440
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: