Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:51:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 12:46:08 AM

No matter what you think of BTC, he has every right to file complaints.  They don't anwser anything.  They will make another announcement, but honestly who would trust them again?  And paypal.... even if they want to use it thier account has to look horrible with all the disputes. 

They had a lot of promise at the beginning far back.  They have made so many false claims, and announcements it's sad.  The good news is once the cash is gone I don't think Amir will ever be able to work in the Bitcoin hardware industry again.  I hope not to many lose money I feel sorry for the ones who trusted TH with wire transfers and BTC orders.

You are wrong!

It's called having standing. You can't/shouldn't file a complaint with anyone if you were not wronged.

If BTCEIC filed a claim with the BBB after he got his refund then he filed a false claim, which is slander and/or fraud.

On top of that, after he got his refund he promised never to come back to this thread and say a word, so he is a lying, dishonest, slandering douche with an axe to grind for NO REASON.

CASE CLOSED

You are quite wrong, here is what I promised:

If they gave me a refund that day I would not come back to this thread, they didn't, so I haven't.

Although "we" have a policy here to not feed the trolls, but I will try to put this discussion to rest:

1. Knightlife did call in advance that day, but that was the first time he had called and "we" had no idea what his number is, in case you think we avoided his call on purpose. I was expecting him here today (Thursday), and his visit a day earlier was a surprise. And yes, that meeting WAS very important for the timely success of this whole project.

2. Knightlife saw at least one other person (Ricky, who is on our team), who came to pick me up. He can confirm this. Ricky and another team member were already at the meeting place, and they called me while Knightlife was still here, and I asked them to send Ricky to pick me up. Maybe Knightlife remembers this call and can confirm it.

3. We will invite Knightlife again soon, once the board is hashing better, and we will show him the evidence of all the 4 orders that we have directly placed with Avalon.

4. This point is irrelevant, as long as everyone gets the evidence that we are making progress.

why can't you show us the evidence now?
why can't you send me my refund now?
I would expect you to want me to stfu.

Let's try this another way, please can I have my refund?

I btceic do hereby promise that I will leave this thread never to return, if you hit the refund button at paypal.

Regarding my slander/fraud BBB claim against terrahash, I posted the BB claim on 07/16/2013, my forced transaction reversal came through on 07/17/2013.

Unlike Amir and or Justin at TerraHash I will send proof of the two above claims.

btw, joe,
I insist on you resorting to violent outbursts and tourettes like cursing and calling me and others names, this just shows everybody else, the types of people that TerraHash has recruited to speak on their behalf.

I would also like to point out the hypocrisy of your entire stance, when you yourself are doing the exact same thing to Josh at BFL.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:05:30 AM

No matter what you think of BTC, he has every right to file complaints.  They don't anwser anything.  They will make another announcement, but honestly who would trust them again?  And paypal.... even if they want to use it thier account has to look horrible with all the disputes. 

They had a lot of promise at the beginning far back.  They have made so many false claims, and announcements it's sad.  The good news is once the cash is gone I don't think Amir will ever be able to work in the Bitcoin hardware industry again.  I hope not to many lose money I feel sorry for the ones who trusted TH with wire transfers and BTC orders.

You are wrong!

It's called having standing. You can't/shouldn't file a complaint with anyone if you were not wronged.

If BTCEIC filed a claim with the BBB after he got his refund then he filed a false claim, which is slander and/or fraud.

On top of that, after he got his refund he promised never to come back to this thread and say a word, so he is a lying, dishonest, slandering douche with an axe to grind for NO REASON.

CASE CLOSED

Look through these pages, granted it is very hard.  There are so many things that could be a possible claim.  For example them asking for 3 more months to provide refunds, they don't have the right to do this.   They never provided product.  How they changed refund policy many read it with old policy, there was no notice of change.   Possible false advertisement as many product announcements just never happen. 

You don't have to have standing to us BBB.  This is not a official court case.  If are having problems with a company and they provide zero communication BBB is actually a very valid place to go. 

And lets be honest by the time standing is needed for a court case unless their next announcement brings in a lot of cash, there is a decent chance they wont make it.  They admitted to not having enough money for refunds, do you honestly think this will change?
jdape

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:08:27 AM

If you paid via PayPal and want a refund...  LISTEN UP.

If you did not open a dispute within the 45 day window and you call PayPal... They will (9/10 times) deny you any kind of refund and say it's impossible as after 45 days their terms of service says they are not able to provide a refund.  That statement is sort of true.   If there are exceptional circumstances, PayPal WILL give you a full refund.

I got a refund from PayPal, today, for every order I placed  (If you ordered any TerraHash boards through me - you have been refunded too).

Here's how:

Call PayPal.  Get the fraud/dispute department.  Tell them you understand you are outside the 45 day window.  Tell them about TerraHash.  Tell them you and a lot of people online have been scammed by TerraHash.  Explain what TerraHash is doing and how they ave taken hundreds of thousands from PayPal users. shipped nothing, and will not reply to any contact attempts.  Ask to open a claim even if it's outside the 45 day window.   They may close your claim automatically, siding with TerraHash.  Call them back!

Especially mention the high dollar value.  Every time I dropped the amount of dollars that TerraHash took via PayPal they go get a supervisor.

If they refuse your refund, call again.  Talk to someone else.  Ask to talk to a supervisor.

If they refuse your refund, call again.  Talk to someone else.  Ask to talk to a supervisor.

I talked to a guy in the fraud department named Aaron, employee ID 45731.   He and his supervisor got my money back from TerraHash and he told me today, that he will do his best to help anyone else who can't get their money back from TerraHash.

So, PayPal tells you no?  Call again, get Aaron on the phone, tell him your story.  

If you are still within the 45 day dispute window.  Filing a dispute now will get you an extra 20 days of guaranteed refundability if TH doesn't ship, if not even more.  With no downside.   So on your 44th day, file a dispute.

TerraHash/Amir: You tried to fuck me.  The tables have now turned.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:42:30 AM

Honestly, this thread needs to be locked.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:56:51 AM

You are wrong!

CASE CLOSED

If they gave me a refund that day I would not come back to this thread, they didn't, so I haven't.

Although "we" have a policy here to not feed the trolls, but I will try to put this discussion to rest:

1. Knightlife did call in advance that day, but that was the first time he had called and "we" had no idea what his number is, in case you think we avoided his call on purpose. I was expecting him here today (Thursday), and his visit a day earlier was a surprise. And yes, that meeting WAS very important for the timely success of this whole project.

2. Knightlife saw at least one other person (Ricky, who is on our team), who came to pick me up. He can confirm this. Ricky and another team member were already at the meeting place, and they called me while Knightlife was still here, and I asked them to send Ricky to pick me up. Maybe Knightlife remembers this call and can confirm it.

3. We will invite Knightlife again soon, once the board is hashing better, and we will show him the evidence of all the 4 orders that we have directly placed with Avalon.

4. This point is irrelevant, as long as everyone gets the evidence that we are making progress.

I btceic do hereby promise that I will leave this thread never to return, if you hit the refund button at paypal.

Regarding my slander/fraud BBB claim against terrahash, I posted the BB claim on 07/16/2013, my forced transaction reversal came through on 07/17/2013.

Unlike Amir and or Justin at TerraHash I will send proof of the two above claims.

btw, joe,
I insist on you resorting to violent outbursts and tourettes like cursing and calling me and others names, this just shows everybody else, the types of people that TerraHash has recruited to speak on their behalf.

I would also like to point out the hypocrisy of your entire stance, when you yourself are doing the exact same thing to Josh at BFL.

Yeah Terrahash has recruited me!  That's a good one!! Where do you buy your tinfoil hats?

I am doing it to Josh because (wait for it genius) I AM A CUSTOMER OF BFL and they screwed me, and I have yet to get my money or my items. I have standing, you are just a person who got their money back and still want to stamp your feet and cry.

I am still waiting for PP to refund my Terrahash money, so technically I am still a customer yet I don't see my way clear to fuss and cry like you.

These are not violent outbursts, this is you hearing the truth. GROW UP
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 02:12:30 AM

Copying for posterity,

You are wrong!

CASE CLOSED

btw, joe,

Yeah Terrahash has recruited me!  That's a good one!! Where do you buy your tinfoil hats?

I am doing it to Josh because (wait for it genius) I AM A CUSTOMER OF BFL and they screwed me, and I have yet to get my money or my items. I have standing, you are just a person who got their money back and still want to stamp your feet and cry.

I am still waiting for PP to refund my Terrahash money, so technically I am still a customer yet I don't see my way clear to fuss and cry like you.

These are not violent outbursts, this is you hearing the truth. GROW UP

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

Screwed over by BFL and TH and you are still singing TH praises and insulting all detractors. Maybe you need to take another look at your business model  Grin
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:24:07 AM

Clicked for posterity

gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:29:39 AM

(chants) LOCK THIS THREAD

gwoplock

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:49:15 PM

I don't think that is needed.

sent from mobile
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:26:52 PM

Got my BF kit today Smiley
Guess I better crank it to offset looses here. lol
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:36:20 PM

I have made numerous attempts to contact TH for the past couple of months with no response. I am considering getting a CA attorney involved. Would anyone like to participate in this?

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:46:43 PM

You guys have seen this today ?

TerraHash to Provide a Hosted Bitcoin Mining Solution for $6/GHash in November

B September 5, 2013 at 3:08 am
2 News  

Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) September 05, 2013

In a move to significantly reduce the costs for mining Bitcoins, TerraHash has announced a hosted solution of 2 PetaHash mining power at the rate of $6 per Giga Hash. The company will create a Bitcoin mining farm, and sell portions of the mining power to its customers.

Matt, the company spokesman explained, “We are in the final stages of signing a groundbreaking deal with a leading Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer. Leveraging their 28nm chip technology, we plan to host a mining farm starting with at least 2 PetaHash in November. Our customers will be able to buy blocks of 500 GigaHash of mining power for $3000 each. This will include all manufacturing and storage costs for hosting the equipment. Customers will pay a small monthly fee, which will cover electricity, maintenance etc. Our data center will have a 99.9999% up time guarantee. Being located in the Santa Clara county, we have access to some of the lowest cost of electricity. This allows us to create economies of scale for the mining world.”

Terming it as the next natural evolution of Bitcoin mining, he compared the plan with services provided by other cloud computing companies. “For instance, we have seen the computing industry evolve in a similar fashion. Initially, companies hosted their own servers in their offices. Then, we saw the emergence of data centers which provided with the optimum infrastructure to run your servers efficiently. Finally, a few major players (like Amazon, RackSpace) began providing the end user with the flexible concept of renting storage space, without being bound to the physical hardware. We expect a similar transition in the Bitcoin mining world,” he said.

At a time when most Bitcoin mining equipment manufacturers seem to be more focused on accumulating maximum pre-order money, TerraHash is once again planning an innovative strategy. They plan on only taking 25% of the money upfront, and the rest when the hardware is ready to be hosted. Pre-orders will open up this coming week, and mining is set to begin by end of November. The company also plans on offering an “insurance” plan for the customers, to cover up any potential delays in the timeline for mining.

Matt further said that, “We have learnt a lot from our experience assembling Avalon ASIC chips. Customers want a solution that can be delivered very fast, because of the ever increasing network difficulty. On the same hand, they do not want to risk a lot by investing in an unproven technology. By only demanding a 25% reservation fee, we are reducing their risk significantly.”

At $6 per GigaHash, the pricing is nearly half of the nearest competitor. Along with that, a November timeline would promise delivery much earlier than any other company. In an industry where time to delivery is the most critical element, TerraHash claims to be heading for the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

More details will be coming soon.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
zurg

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:02:46 PM

They can convert my 2 K64's to this...

Anyone thinks it's a bad idea? lol
I mean besides having them hold my $ for 2 more month. Smiley
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:16:06 PM

They can convert my 2 K64's to this...

Anyone thinks it's a bad idea? lol
I mean besides having them hold my $ for 2 more month. Smiley
I think thats an excellent idea Zurg and anyone else who wishes to do so, plus the 20% credit towards the preorder package. Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:19:04 PM

You guys have seen this today ?

TerraHash to Provide a Hosted Bitcoin Mining Solution for $6/GHash in November

B September 5, 2013 at 3:08 am
2 News  

Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) September 05, 2013

In a move to significantly reduce the costs for mining Bitcoins, TerraHash has announced a hosted solution of 2 PetaHash mining power at the rate of $6 per Giga Hash. The company will create a Bitcoin mining farm, and sell portions of the mining power to its customers.

Matt, the company spokesman explained, “We are in the final stages of signing a groundbreaking deal with a leading Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer. Leveraging their 28nm chip technology, we plan to host a mining farm starting with at least 2 PetaHash in November. Our customers will be able to buy blocks of 500 GigaHash of mining power for $3000 each. This will include all manufacturing and storage costs for hosting the equipment. Customers will pay a small monthly fee, which will cover electricity, maintenance etc. Our data center will have a 99.9999% up time guarantee. Being located in the Santa Clara county, we have access to some of the lowest cost of electricity. This allows us to create economies of scale for the mining world.”

Terming it as the next natural evolution of Bitcoin mining, he compared the plan with services provided by other cloud computing companies. “For instance, we have seen the computing industry evolve in a similar fashion. Initially, companies hosted their own servers in their offices. Then, we saw the emergence of data centers which provided with the optimum infrastructure to run your servers efficiently. Finally, a few major players (like Amazon, RackSpace) began providing the end user with the flexible concept of renting storage space, without being bound to the physical hardware. We expect a similar transition in the Bitcoin mining world,” he said.

At a time when most Bitcoin mining equipment manufacturers seem to be more focused on accumulating maximum pre-order money, TerraHash is once again planning an innovative strategy. They plan on only taking 25% of the money upfront, and the rest when the hardware is ready to be hosted. Pre-orders will open up this coming week, and mining is set to begin by end of November. The company also plans on offering an “insurance” plan for the customers, to cover up any potential delays in the timeline for mining.

Matt further said that, “We have learnt a lot from our experience assembling Avalon ASIC chips. Customers want a solution that can be delivered very fast, because of the ever increasing network difficulty. On the same hand, they do not want to risk a lot by investing in an unproven technology. By only demanding a 25% reservation fee, we are reducing their risk significantly.”

At $6 per GigaHash, the pricing is nearly half of the nearest competitor. Along with that, a November timeline would promise delivery much earlier than any other company. In an industry where time to delivery is the most critical element, TerraHash claims to be heading for the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

More details will be coming soon.

I wonder if we would be able to transfer our current order into this wholesale? I would wait another couple of months for this opportunity, but I can't throw anymore money at them.
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

It looks like those that already has chips with TH is the loser in all these. They don't get the next gen discount and will be receiving hardware that would be obsolete by the time it arrived because of their delay.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:39:17 PM

Matt, the company spokesman explained, “We are in the final stages of signing a groundbreaking deal with a leading Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer. Leveraging their 28nm chip technology

This really hinges on what chip they are using.

Buy & Hold
zurg

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:51:04 PM

Since TH is on. Smiley I hope they can shed some light on this for us?
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:03:46 PM

Matt, the company spokesman explained, “We are in the final stages of signing a groundbreaking deal with a leading Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer. Leveraging their 28nm chip technology

This really hinges on what chip they are using.

What do you mean exactly?  I wouldn't care if they had monkeys with abacuses calculating the hashes, as long as they are providing me with $6/gh/s.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: