Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: According to the past five or six weeks bitcoin price study I've noticed that the bitcoin price is continuously rising and falling, the price fall is more than the rise and still most of the bitcoin holders are not ready to sell it. I want to know the rea
When and how?
What if drops?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin?  (Read 58439 times)
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:25:33 PM

Because I want to invest in the future, I will spend some money to buy and hold them, as long as possible.
That would be a good thing to spend, until I get older and get paid for retirement.
I will tell my children about that, great
And I believe that every person has the same thoughts as me when they hold bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:28:13 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?

Ofcourse because they want to wait for the value to get pump and pump so that when they sell it to others the price is a lot higher than the price when they buy it. Many peopl are doing this because they are long term holders waiting for the right time.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?

Maybe they are waiting for something better opportunity to make their bitcoin is being double at the right time to exchange it. There is a risk but if you didn't try or gamble you're profit is stock up or not grow. Just go with the flow if you feel good about something.

After the news about the split and the segwit was announced, many people sold their bitcoins resulting to a dump in the market price of bitcoin but it recovered now reaching up to $3000. Most of the people who chose to hold their bitcoins are the long time users of bitcoin. I guess it is because that this had happened before ( the dump ) and they choose to hold because they know that panic selling will happen. The dump will really be a good opportunity for those who can afford buying bitcoin. Holding bitcoin is really risky since the price can go down anytime but it is worth the risk.

Most of the people who sold their bitcoin are the ones who are new in this market. I guess they were really afraid that their bitcoins will disappear in their wallets.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Forhadm

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:48:27 PM

Many people do holding their bitcoin  because they thought that,their earning bitcoin if do holding they will get a lot of taka in future same like a bank. so people hold their bitcoin.
lepbagong

Activity: 2296
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:01:26 PM

Is a very sought-after coin today and the price is high enough, of course many will hold bitcoin. If want to be used as an investment, is not harmful. Can at any time to be used as an urgent need.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:10:46 AM

I guess they expect bitcoin prices to reach very high prices, so they can sell them. But, there are some people who just keep the bitcoin they have in order to save it. Well, everyone has a goal, but the most likely is to wait for the bitcoin price to go up.
Yup bitcoin price will go again soon. As you know many times these types of issues happen why just because of implementation. Therefore the price of bitcoin will go up soon after segWit2x on 1 August. So keep calm and wait for 1 Aug. The price will goes again high it will break $3000 USD soon as possible.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:36:57 AM

People hold their bitcoin simply because they believe in the power of bitcoin, so we wait until it hit our target price. dont just depend on any speculation make your own research for you not to loose big amount of money, hold more bitcoin and you will not regret it in the future.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:47:29 AM

People hold their bitcoin simply because they believe in the power of bitcoin, so we wait until it hit our target price. dont just depend on any speculation make your own research for you not to loose big amount of money, hold more bitcoin and you will not regret it in the future.
Thats true. We believe that bitcoin from this moment will be big more than its price now. So we can say that we will hold it till the end until it will reach our target values and target goals. I believe it also and i want it to become my investment for the future. So let us hold on it until the end . It will be good to hold it.

Y U MAD AT ME
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:44:49 AM

I believe people are not just holding bitcoin but are also buying more at this price. A global crisis is surely going for crypto currency world and majority of the crypto currency pricing are going down. However, positive people are buying in bulk and making good use of this pricing.

I am also doing the same and I regret that I am not able to buy more because my financial condition is pretty tight now. I wish to buy more because I believe in bitcoin and I also believe the price will surely go up after August 1st and will reach a new height.
This for sure is something great that if someone have a capital to invest according to my opinion this is the ideal time to invest in the bitcoin.
Those who are not holding it and trying to get rid of the bitcoin due its price nowadays will suffer in the future because they are losing an opportunity. This is crazy to sell at this moment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 07:49:22 AM

Yes, people their bitcoin because bitcoin hold the keys and path way to future success in cryptocurrency. Meanwhile, holding of bitcoin nowadays is a wise choice because is around the corner and in a coupe of years the price of bitcoin will bullish even more.
How can holding Bitcoin affects the success of the future of cryptocurrencies?

Well maybe they are just holding it for future (like after months or even weeks, not the whole future) purposes. Holding it for now thinking that it will pump up more than of the past months of its price is a good strategy though. But then again at the same time SegWit2x is coming and these people might be panicking if they have to sell all of their earnings or still want to hold it.
Well, I believe holding bitcoin for acouple of years or for every 4years when the halving will occur is also business and a lot people so much from last halving. Nevertheless, the SegWit2x is already activated into the bitcoin network at July 22, 2017, round 04:46:31 UTC at block height 477120 and the price still bullish.

VeneVici

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:59:04 AM

Haha! I wish I had BTC when it was $0.001 and held it until today. Do you even imagine how high the price went so far?! It's incredible and unimaginable. Bitcoin is a REAL store of value, not paper money. Most big cryptocurrencies are real store of values unless they do not respect the Cryptocurrencies principal rules. Anonymity is a big thing here and should never be taken away from us.
kuryadi

Activity: 182

Buglab.io

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:13:33 AM

I think they still hold bitcoin because they still believe if bitcoin prices will continue to rise. If they buy it at the price of 2000 $ yesterday they can now sell it at a price of 3000 $ so that the profit they get. I do not think it would be a loss if you keep bitcoin for too long. Bitcoin is a very good long-term investment. I think you will do the same.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:00:49 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 10:43:43 AM by Intersan

Like this time, people hold their bitcoin because they think the news that will happen in august 1 is to increase the price of bitcoin. The segwit was the possible result because they have no reason to fall the bitcoin, it is become popular to the other and some countries accept the bitcoin as legal currency.

The is all about the profit, price in the market is not stable, chances is very high if their bitcoin used in trading. And maybe because they want to use in the future. They think that the income after so many years is hefty.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:09:16 AM

The only thing that i know why they are holding bitcoin is they want more profits, maybe they bought their coin ranging above $2k price and they want more profit since then so they are just having a perfect target price for them and if the price didn't reach that target price then they will just continue holding their coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:30:42 AM

The reason why they holding bitcoin is that they are waiting for the rise of it exchange and to use it for invesment. No one can tell how much the value of bitcoin in the future. As you can see it value rises as year goes by. So why dont I hold it and wait for that time. It may take a longer time but if you have investment ,you can have more profit.

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:39:35 AM

The reason why they holding bitcoin is that they are waiting for the rise of it exchange and to use it for invesment. No one can tell how much the value of bitcoin in the future. As you can see it value rises as year goes by.
You are right, but it seems to me that the use of bitcoins for other purposes. First and foremost, bitcoin should be a currency for calculations. Then it will be the reverse of coins and the price will be more stable. Price of small transactions also contributes to the development of trade. Maybe after the 1st of August, anything will change?
28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:41:43 AM

People keep their bitcoins because they believe in it and take the example from those who joined at the very beginning and became very rich because of the long retention of coins.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:27:07 AM

Bitcoin price might goes down or  increases. If I have a lot of bitcoin when its price increases I can earn a lot of money. You don't mind waiting if after waiting your money almost double. So it is not worthless.
I am planning to hold bitcoin and wait for its price to rise. I think it is the wisest thing to do now if i earn bitcoin.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:32:07 AM

Many users especialy those with more experience expect the bigest profit on long term basis. And they don't fall under influence of such dramatic anounecements like August 1 or similar which made some people to sell because they thought they could lose their money although many of them don't know what are even the possible scenarios. If you don't have some special needs it's better to hold.

malaj
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:41:54 AM

People hold bitcoin because bitcoin is very valuable. Digital currencies that value very much compared to our currency. Millions of people scooped up big leads by being investors in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: