Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: According to the past five or six weeks bitcoin price study I've noticed that the bitcoin price is continuously rising and falling, the price fall is more than the rise and still most of the bitcoin holders are not ready to sell it. I want to know the rea
When and how?
What if drops?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin?  (Read 58435 times)
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

The thing that makes me happy with bitcoin is unlimited access with very high security. Compare with other payment systems like paypal or bank, then bitcoin better and safer.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

People hold bitcoin because it is safe investment. The price of bitcoin increased day by day.It has good future. So people hold it for huge profit. If the price of bitcoin increased they can make profit by it.

mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:19:52 PM

They believe that bitcoin price will be  so very high in the right time, when no one could afford to buy a bitcoin only millionaires can do. And im a believer of bitcoin thats why im holding some of it and just only  waiting for the  best price
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:25:34 PM

many of the people are holding bitcoins in their wallets, or taking trading steps, they are simply referring to the day-to-day market developments, and the proven bitcoin is rising
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:29:08 PM

The recent market correction for BTC doesn't seems to have any big movement or dip after August 1st. There's probably 2 group of investors where they believe in HODL for profit while the other camp believe in the currency coin usage in the real world.

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:33:41 PM

Well the reason is obvious, those people predict the Bitcoin's price will increase again highly in some near time, and they will make profit by holding their coins.
Of course there is a risk especially for short term holders, because the price can decrease too, that's why patience is needed in this game.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:09:20 PM

People are holding on with their bitcoins as the total number of bitcoins are limited and their demand is increasing day by day and hence there are chance for hike in the value.
this is the main reason which I also predict about bitcoin, limited number of bitcoin make it so famous like everyone live in this world love to have bitcoin in their wallets, because they want to secure their future and want to make some money and full fill their demands, I wish I also have pretty much amount of bitcoin in my wallet because I know that after one year everyone would love to die for bitcoin
Yaramrd

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:15:04 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?

The price of Bitcoin BTC will definitely go up as the demand will increase that is why people are holding it. They are sure that the price of Bitcoin will go high. 
M.Terzi

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:18:27 PM

Why people or countries keep golds hold on. The answer is hidden in this question.
chiller

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:22:46 PM

Personally I don't care if 1 bitcoin is 10$ or 7000$. What I care about is that bitcoin enables transactions in a decentralized way, and the little guy can make a buck from participating in that (at least in the early days by mining) and only that. And I believe in economical sense that the real value is created not by holder, but by movement and velocity of the coin (money). Coins, money, cryptocurrencies, unlike gold where invented to make TRANSACTIONS and not to HOLD. Actually  I think HOLDING the coin and not TRANSACTING you give whole blockchain a big disfavor to create REAL VALUE of fast TRANSACTIONS by limiting the supply of COINS in CIRCULATION by holding. It's just macroeconomics 101.
I hope at least someone will read my message and will understand it Smiley

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

which makes people hold bitcoin because the price is expensive time to increases regardless of all that bitcoin prices are already many who say will reach 10,000 $
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:28:34 PM

i totally approve. Next 6000 next 10 000 dollars. Holding bitcoin is the first necessity. Play with alts, but hold in any time.

Bitcoin proves its value and more and more its necessity. Look the banks... not a great time for them.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:29:04 PM

I'm holding because every year I'm able to buy more goods for the same number of coins. It would be stupid to sell now.
When I first bought BTC you could maybe buy a decent mountain bike for 1 BTC or a very old car. Now there are many new motorcycles you can get for 1BTC. Maybe in a year or two a new car will be worth the same and then a small apartment and so on Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:41:09 PM

I think it's too stupid to sell it now, and people are trying their luck out of betting, as we know the bitcoin price from time to time is higher.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
hirokazu

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:03:47 PM

Mostly people holding bitcoin for a long term investment. There is a person also purpose to hide hiswealth in the crypto world while earning great profit. Most of them aim to avoid tax collection.
unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:48:54 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
For the simple reason that they want to earn bigger profit from Bitcoin. Although there are backdrops that are happening, they won't sell it still. They are awared that it will soon increase again. And they are expecting for a big profit after years of holding their Bitcoin, which is possible because its price is continuously rising from time to time.

Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:58:27 PM

Some of them running BTC businesses and others using those businesses.  Not all people are just hoarding it, though many are.

Many are holding bitcoins and it's not new for everyone. And this is a popular activity by those people that are in bitcoin and the activity that you need to do is very easy. You just have to hold your bitcoins and wait for the price to increase, that's very simple = profit.
This is not the new activity for everyone but a lot of them. But let me tell you something. New people think that they will make their bitcoin if they old them that is wrong. Actually the thing is that they hold it to make money not bitcoin. It only gives you more money  when you hold them and price increases then you sell coins with that present value that makes it easy to get profit in money but not in bitcoin.
chickenado

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:59:45 PM

I'm holding because every year I'm able to buy more goods for the same number of coins. It would be stupid to sell now.
When I first bought BTC you could maybe buy a decent mountain bike for 1 BTC or a very old car. Now there are many new motorcycles you can get for 1BTC. Maybe in a year or two a new car will be worth the same and then a small apartment and so on Wink

Same as mine here, I have also more goals and motives to do with bitcoin. That's I hold such values of coins for the future and that purpose of having an apartment and a car were just a bit of properties to own. More of that could will be with you if you believe and always bare in mind the trust that you have with bitcoin in terms of profitability, and when price will hit the peak of it's success you can enjoy the bigger profit that you been dreaming of.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:29:24 AM

Same as mine here, I have also more goals and motives to do with bitcoin. That's I hold such values of coins for the future and that purpose of having an apartment and a car were just a bit of properties to own. More of that could will be with you if you believe and always bare in mind the trust that you have with bitcoin in terms of profitability, and when price will hit the peak of it's success you can enjoy the bigger profit that you been dreaming of. 

There is a high possibility that darkangel11 speculation will come true, but maybe around 2 or more years. For this year, it's speculated that it will only be doubled in price after Christmas.
Bitcoin is about hodl Smiley and everything will go fine as you hold considering the fact that last aug 2016 its price is only $600, now is about almost 7x.
Feng Shui

Activity: 700
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:10:28 AM

Of course because bitcoin is a very good thing and proven to be profitable, initially they try to buy bitcoin, but after a month they get a profit so they continue to buy bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: