Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ⚡ Electroneum ⚡ Token Sale Sept 14th Mobile Mining Crypto Coin  (Read 315103 times)
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:21:15 PM

WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE WAS THE SITE HACKED or something? I know some of my friends mined a bag of it and they were waiting a payment of their coins. I am worried now as to what is happening here as we were all going to get a chunk of it as well. I just hope nothing too terrible has happened and everything is going to plan here.

with all these uncertainty, Electroneum still manages Rank 25 On CoinmarketCap.... we are all hoping for the best.

Just on the market cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurret

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

Damn, that does not sound good. I was looking for good alt projects to invest in and tought to myself...Electroneum sounds really good and with promising future. But after reading the posts that the community shared here on the bitcointalk forum I think I'll just pass the opportunity untill things get sorted out.
Definitely wait until the ICO coins are released since that might have a major effect on the price.
enyamwari

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE WAS THE SITE HACKED or something? I know some of my friends mined a bag of it and they were waiting a payment of their coins. I am worried now as to what is happening here as we were all going to get a chunk of it as well. I just hope nothing too terrible has happened and everything is going to plan here.

with all these uncertainty, Electroneum still manages Rank 25 On CoinmarketCap.... we are all hoping for the best.

Just on the market cap.

It has the second highest trade volume on Cryptopia...
UltraInstinct

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:43:56 PM

I want to have my ico coins right now !

the price will change tremendously as soon as the ico coins are on the market
msukairi

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

wow! It is quite awesome to see so much registered users for this right now.

I come to Conclusion that this is where my investment will go in the future. I am glad to join to be one of the investors soon.

realhellomoto
Copper Member

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:55:33 PM

Debugging Electroneum:

Webpage:
The webpage has 6 news articles which make a filler on the website.
1 is a paid FXempire article which shows up on yahoo, which they base a lot of trust/confidence on.
1 is an interview with the Founder.
4 are just 'Filler ad about Bitcoin'.

Github:
https://github.com/monero-project/monero/compare/master...electroneum:master
If you know github you can see the project was forked on the 31st of October and then 5 commits later, released.
Commits on Oct 31, 2017

Electroneum
* Forked Monero  …

electroneumRepo
-Updated Seed Servers
-Delete CONTRIBUTING.md
-Delete icon.png
-Add files via upload
-Update README.md

These are the exact changes from the actual Monero github. Now you don't actually have to know any blockchain technology to do what was done here. It blows the mind that it was done 31st of Oct, a day before release.

Mobile app:
Does not mine, cannot mine, or will not mine.

It is possible to mine on an android. As they will allow app which mine on a cellular phone on their app store, technically its possible. You do not want to mine on your cell phone as it will be almost unresponsive and your battery wont last very long.
As for iOS. You will never get a miner on the iOS App Store. In fact if you somehow did, it would be shutdown the moment the app is in the background. As for only navigation and VoIP have background rights.

Next thing that was brought up. The app does not actually mine, it just gives the illusion that its mining. Ok.. cool yeah
The mobile miners bring the utility of viral marketing to Electroneum and are awarded with a number (smaller) of Electroneum coins for doing so.
So if its my understanding, the 'mobile miners' arent miners. They are marketeers which are rewarded Electroneum coins for doing so? This is the "we call it the Mobile Mining Experience."?

The mobile mining experience does not download a copy of the blockchain or carry out intensive CPU operations
to provide egalitarian proof of work, it is intended to give entry level access to a cryptocurrency by allowing the
experience of mining (i.e. being issued a hash rate reflective of the CPU processing power of the device and being
awarded coins for participating in the experience). The Mobile mining experience does not directly add blocks to
the blockchain and thus it does not overheat the mobile device or use precious bandwidth. The CPU of the device
is periodically queried to ensure the simulated hashrate is correctly balanced with the other running processes and
it gives the user a very realistic mining experience, including accurately issuing Electroneum coin rewards

So lets break this Electroneum down.

1. There is no mobile mining.
2. This is just a direct monero fork with lack of technical background of doing any actual improvements or anything to support mobile miners.
3. They have technical problems which are now turning into scam problems.
4. They are holding up the price by purchasing ETN tokens themselves on Cryptopia.
5. The team is comprised of Retortal (retortal.com) white label Social Media Management service Reviews, Ratings, Public Info, and Contact Info.

So should we expect our data to be on a reseller list?

-hellomoto

realhellomoto
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:04:50 PM

@realhellomoto
I don't think it is a scam...
Sorry but i don't agree with you man....
they only have some technical problems and nothing more..
Am i a stupid? maybe...
But i think this project is more than legit.. Absolutely yes

A human will lie to themselves until death, to not accept the truth.

-hellomoto
online987659329

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

Debugging Electroneum:

Webpage:
1 is a paid FXempire article which shows up on yahoo, which they base a lot of trust/confidence on.

Github:
If you know github you can see the project was forked on the 31st of October and then 5 commits later, released.
Commits on Oct 31, 2017

Electroneum
* Forked Monero  …

electroneumRepo
-Updated Seed Servers
-Delete CONTRIBUTING.md
-Delete icon.png
-Add files via upload
-Update README.md

These are the exact changes from the actual Monero github. Now you don't actually have to know any blockchain technology to do what was done here. It blows the mind that it was done 31st of Oct, a day before release.

Mobile app:

It is possible to mine on an android. As they will allow app which mine on a cellular phone on their app store, technically its possible. You do not want to mine on your cell phone as it will be almost unresponsive and your battery wont last very long.
As for iOS. You will never get a miner on the iOS App Store. In fact if you somehow did, it would be shutdown the moment the app is in the background. As for only navigation and VoIP have background rights.

Next thing that was brought up. The app does not actually mine, it just gives the illusion that its mining. Ok.. cool yeah
The mobile miners bring the utility of viral marketing to Electroneum and are awarded with a number (smaller) of Electroneum coins for doing so.
So if its my understanding, the 'mobile miners' arent miners. They are marketeers which are rewarded Electroneum coins for doing so? This is the "we call it the Mobile Mining Experience."?

The mobile mining experience does not download a copy of the blockchain or carry out intensive CPU operations
to provide egalitarian proof of work, it is intended to give entry level access to a cryptocurrency by allowing the
experience of mining (i.e. being issued a hash rate reflective of the CPU processing power of the device and being
awarded coins for participating in the experience). The Mobile mining experience does not directly add blocks to
the blockchain and thus it does not overheat the mobile device or use precious bandwidth. The CPU of the device
is periodically queried to ensure the simulated hashrate is correctly balanced with the other running processes and
it gives the user a very realistic mining experience, including accurately issuing Electroneum coin rewards

2. This is just a direct monero fork with lack of technical background of doing any actual improvements or anything to support mobile miners.
4. They are holding up the price by purchasing ETN tokens themselves on Cryptopia.
5. The team is comprised of Retortal (retortal.com) white label Social Media Management service Reviews, Ratings, Public Info, and Contact Info.

-hellomoto

1. it's not launched - they working on it
2. monero fork was for the blockchain only - not for the "mobile mining"
3. yes, and they work to solve it
4. proof?
5. so what
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:12:37 PM

Mining working already? How much coins you can mining from your phone here?
online987659329

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:14:42 PM

Mining working already? How much coins you can mining from your phone here?

This video with the Electroneum founder/dev team answer many questions:

https://www.facebook.com/afzal.ahmed83/videos/10214401757178878
fajarkus12

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:17:23 PM

wow! It is quite awesome to see so much registered users for this right now.

I come to Conclusion that this is where my investment will go in the future. I am glad to join to be one of the investors soon.

You're investment will growth if you hold this coin for long term investment. Also buy again this coin when the price it down if possible, so you're investment will maximal
gedtke

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:24:23 PM

Just hold the Coin. Maybe it is the best if you just forget it for a year after the wallet release. Just dont touch it and you will see a nice Profit in my Opinion. I will still buy more if the Wallets are released, because the price will drop hard and this is a good point to buy everything I can Cheesy
This will shoot up to atleast 0.15 after the massive dump of all people and some Time. So just let it flow and earn you profit in some Months Smiley You wont regret it, I believe.
realhellomoto
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Debugging Electroneum:

Webpage:

Github:
Commits on Oct 31, 2017

Electroneum
* Forked Monero  …

electroneumRepo
-Updated Seed Servers
-Delete CONTRIBUTING.md
-Delete icon.png
-Add files via upload
-Update README.md

Mobile app:

-hellomoto

4. proof?
5. so what

The proof to 4. They are holding up the price by purchasing ETN tokens themselves on Cryptopia.
Since they did no pre-mine and forked monero the day before release they don't actually have any tokens to supply to the investors, so they are purchasing them.

-hellomoto
kingtoixo

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:35:09 PM

I know that is not real mining like you can do by GPU or CPU but is a kind of mining anyway. I hope the things will go better in the future but the project needs some more time to mature. We will see in the following months where this project will go.
online987659329

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:46:29 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 01:58:22 PM by online987659329

Debugging Electroneum:

Webpage:

Github:
Commits on Oct 31, 2017

Electroneum
* Forked Monero  …

electroneumRepo
-Updated Seed Servers
-Delete CONTRIBUTING.md
-Delete icon.png
-Add files via upload
-Update README.md

Mobile app:

-hellomoto

4. proof?
5. so what

The proof to 4. They are holding up the price by purchasing ETN tokens themselves on Cryptopia.
Since they did no pre-mine and forked monero the day before release they don't actually have any tokens to supply to the investors, so they are purchasing them.

-hellomoto

please check again:

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/search?value=1

4.4 billion coins were sold in the token sale
   .6  billion estimated in referral bonuses

Plus whatever has been mined so far

These will be the coins in circulation

For transparency

12.6 were premined total
  7.6 estimated will be locked away and put out slowly to mobile miners

That leaves the 5 Billion to investors and referral bonuses

CMC has said they will count only the mined coins, investor coins, and referral coins as in circulation. We will see if thats how they do it soon enough, but that is what we were told.

armaggedon

Activity: 325

Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:52:33 PM

FUDS everywhere,

just let the devs do their work and we will see if this coin will shine  Grin

Please dont mind my reputation. i made a mistake of selling my account. i dont even know that selling of account is prohibited. its my fault cause i dont read the rules
online987659329

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:56:39 PM

FUDS everywhere,

just let the devs do their work and we will see if this coin will shine  Grin

agree, biggest problem is that people don't take time to read before posting
cvdesty

Activity: 512
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:03:10 PM

FUDS everywhere,

just let the devs do their work and we will see if this coin will shine  Grin

It is already shining. But the delays are concerning. I am also concerned about the negative attitude of impatient people who will likely dump all their coins, and then the price might crash.
enyamwari

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:11:31 PM

FUDS everywhere,

just let the devs do their work and we will see if this coin will shine  Grin

It is already shining. But the delays are concerning. I am also concerned about the negative attitude of impatient people who will likely dump all their coins, and then the price might crash.

Anybody remember the ethdelta ETN trading before launch..Smiley I think this coin has massive following with translates to bigger rewards in the long run, honest devs on updates no matter how slow they are for a 40M bankroll, guys just be patient.
armaggedon

Activity: 325

Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:18:21 PM

just let them do their work,

remember, they are protecting our coins from hacker, its a good thing that they ddnt make the wallet live because our coins will be stolen by the hacker, can anyone realize that?

then when the wallets are hacked they will blame the devs, just be patient, its a bonus that the are protecting our coin,

there is this one ico that has been hacked i forgot the name, thats why they are very aware for the security that needs improvement. we are lucky that this $40m coin ddnt get hacked because of professional devs.

just be thankful that our investments are safe for the mean time.

Please dont mind my reputation. i made a mistake of selling my account. i dont even know that selling of account is prohibited. its my fault cause i dont read the rules
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »
  Print  

Jump to: